FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Side Hustle

Side Hustle

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tephTV67 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

So since the lockdown started and people have found themselves either working from home, or as an essential worker or furloughed, do you have a side hustle, to bring in more money?

If you have money in the bank that’s making very little interest, do you try to start up a business, chance your luck on the stock market or maybe buy and sell on a well known auction site, as I found selling old football shirts can make a tidy profit ?

I also discovered ‘match betting’ recently and making a nice profit from it and it only takes half an hour or so out of my day.

How many Del boys’ do we have on the site and have you been successful or not ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've made loads of things but haven't got round to selling them. I'd feel bad if no-one wanted them.

It's very therapeutic though, making something out of leftovers.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I haven't, but I'd probably go down the freelancing services route if I did. Interest in it seems to have exploded

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Traded some crypto early on during the pandemic as something to do during lockdown.

Have got some shares that I am hoping will recover when the world does. Playing the long game with those.

I want to do something hands on to make money next. Just to keep busy and to be a change from the incessant studying that I do.

Cheshire

"I've made loads of things but haven't got round to selling them. I'd feel bad if no-one wanted them.

It's very therapeutic though, making something out of leftovers. "

Are you upcycling ? Or just getting the raw material together and creating something ?

Cheshire

"I haven't, but I'd probably go down the freelancing services route if I did. Interest in it seems to have exploded"

I’ve seen the sites where you offer your services for a set fee. I quite like idea especially if it’s a time consuming activity that you have to complete

Cheshire

"Traded some crypto early on during the pandemic as something to do during lockdown.

Have got some shares that I am hoping will recover when the world does. Playing the long game with those.

I want to do something hands on to make money next. Just to keep busy and to be a change from the incessant studying that I do. "

Exactly the same, I’d saved a bit of money and when I saw the interest payments I realised my money was doing nothing for me, sat in a bank account.

So the amateur entrepreneur started to manifest itself over the lockdown, what if I was made redundant, could I get by trying to make money using hints and tips from YouTube videos and web advice pages.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I have shares but I don't have a side hustle really. I've toyed with the idea of doing voiceover work but that would mainly be for the joy of it rather than thinking I could earn any money from it.

By *nfin8yWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

I’m hoping to set up as a freelance proofreader.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Unfortunately thanks to Covid my main hustle has become my side hustle . I'll get back to where I was but I'm not looking forward to the transition from salary to self employment again!

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I have shares but I don't have a side hustle really. I've toyed with the idea of doing voiceover work but that would mainly be for the joy of it rather than thinking I could earn any money from it. "

If you could bottle that voice I' sure some would buy it .

Cheshire

"I have shares but I don't have a side hustle really. I've toyed with the idea of doing voiceover work but that would mainly be for the joy of it rather than thinking I could earn any money from it. "

I’ve seen this on a YouTube channel as you can audition to read audiobooks. Then you can get a flat fee or commission from each book sold.

Obviously someone like Stephen Fry will make quite a bit of money reading the Harry Potter books but they’re often after people with specific accents or able to create voices for characters.

I have been breeding guppies.

And sold some today.

Hardly a side hustle, but I am £9 wealthier with a less crammed aquarium! Lol.

i managed to sell some photography, helped put food on the table

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

"So since the lockdown started and people have found themselves either working from home, or as an essential worker or furloughed, do you have a side hustle, to bring in more money?

If you have money in the bank that’s making very little interest, do you try to start up a business, chance your luck on the stock market or maybe buy and sell on a well known auction site, as I found selling old football shirts can make a tidy profit ?

I also discovered ‘match betting’ recently and making a nice profit from it and it only takes half an hour or so out of my day.

How many Del boys’ do we have on the site and have you been successful or not ? "

Wanna buy a match worn Lukaku shirt?

Cheshire

"So since the lockdown started and people have found themselves either working from home, or as an essential worker or furloughed, do you have a side hustle, to bring in more money?

Wanna buy a match worn Lukaku shirt? "

From experience it’ll sell, just not for the £35 and whatever you paid for his name. A fiver then, although I’m out of the Football shirts game now

Cheshire

"I have been breeding guppies.

And sold some today.

Hardly a side hustle, but I am £9 wealthier with a less crammed aquarium! Lol."

At first I thought why do you keep puppies in an aquarium then reread your comment

By *ectorRivaMan  over a year ago

Gateshead

There are plenty sites selling used underwear !! very lucrative

By *ambozaMan  over a year ago

kilburn park

I have a full time job and sacrificing my free time to earn extra income isn’t particularly important to me.

How many Del boys’ do we have on the site and have you been successful or not ? "

I started up a clothing brand a few weeks back. Its doing quite well so far

I laughed a little at the 'money in the bank' part I have lots of ideas and lots of things lined up to sell but I get hit with inertia and my bank remains full of dust not money.

"I've made loads of things but haven't got round to selling them. I'd feel bad if no-one wanted them.

It's very therapeutic though, making something out of leftovers.

Are you upcycling ? Or just getting the raw material together and creating something ? "

Both kind of. Fabric bits made into something new.

I’ve got a couple projects in the works, along with a full time job, gotta keep the boredom away somehow right?

Trading crypto currency’s, mainly Bitcoin, eth and dodge. - Made some decent profits.

Helped a friend start their own business, so threw some money at that and doing some consulting for that business. - made nothing so far, it all in equity, so we’ll see how that one plays out.

Working on a few game ideas I’ll probably never get round to finishing. - spent money on this and likely won’t finish them enough to get anything back.

Invested in bitcoin, returns are great at the min

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I feel like I've missed out due to lack of self belief, and in a fortnight back to slogging my guts out for bugger all in the finance department, but still more than the bugger all I'm getting currently.

Cheshire

Invested in bitcoin, returns are great at the min "

Ethereum is making me some really nice profits and as Dogecoin is now able to trade on eToro, I’m considering going in and taking a quick profit.

Cheshire

"I feel like I've missed out due to lack of self belief, and in a fortnight back to slogging my guts out for bugger all in the finance department, but still more than the bugger all I'm getting currently. "

Have a look at match betting if you work in finance, took me around 30-45 minutes to figure it out and lay my first bet. It’s possible to make a couple of grand in a few months for little more than half an hour each day.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"I feel like I've missed out due to lack of self belief, and in a fortnight back to slogging my guts out for bugger all in the finance department, but still more than the bugger all I'm getting currently.

Have a look at match betting if you work in finance, took me around 30-45 minutes to figure it out and lay my first bet. It’s possible to make a couple of grand in a few months for little more than half an hour each day. "

Oh god no, I'm a waitress, I just worded it badly. I just meant my wages are shit.

Invested in bitcoin, returns are great at the min

Ethereum is making me some really nice profits and as Dogecoin is now able to trade on eToro, I’m considering going in and taking a quick profit. "

Was looking at doing the same, beats the money sat doing nothing in the bank

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I do piano lessons. That's a nice little earner. Luke

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Ive been working full time. But I've been selling stuff on Vinted.

All the stuff with tags on that I never wore or used seems to sell.

It's a good way to declutter.

Traded crypto bought shares did Uber eats delivery

Started an ecom brand scaled it 100K in 8 months now on my way to meet 500k by end of next year

Now am back to fulltime work and everyday thinking of quiting it

Cheshire

"I do piano lessons. That's a nice little earner. Luke "

My ex wife used to do private tutoring, as she has a physics degree. That used to pay well, especially in demand just before and during exams months.

» Add a new message to this topic