FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hair straighteners

Hair straighteners

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Girlies, what kind of hair straighteners have u got? And do u straighten your hair?

I have an old GHD that still works great, and recently got a GHD hot brush and I’ve got another pink hot brush from Amazon

Tho I’ve been hearing great reviews and talks about the CLOUD 9 hair straighteners and thinking of maybe purchasing... anyone has them and how they compare with GHD?

Has anyone shelled out on the super expensive dysons yet? Ha

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I only have ghd platinum but they work well on my fine hair, recommended by my daughter who was a hairdresser.

Mrs KC

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I’m using a £30 pair by Remington after my GHD’s died & I could afford to replace them. I’m finding them better than my GHD’s to be honest. There’s no way I could justify the cost of the Dyson ones

J x

I have my GHDs but I've found my hot air brush gives me that salon blow dry look in minutes. Much faster than drying with a hairdryer and then using straightners x

I have cloud 9's but I've never owned a pair of GHD's so I'm no use.

I love the cloud 9's though. So smooth.

I have a hot hairbrush that plugs in. That works really well, it brushed and straightens the hair in smaller sections

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Voduz

Cloud 9 original iron. By far the best straighteners I have ever had

"I have cloud 9's but I've never owned a pair of GHD's so I'm no use.

I love the cloud 9's though. So smooth. "

I’m so tempted!!! Haha I might have to pick them up and see how they perform...

I’ve got a thin GHD iron for finishing touches so maybe a regular cloud 9 could complete my whole collection

.... I probably need to be sectioned lol

"Cloud 9 original iron. By far the best straighteners I have ever had "

Did U try the GHD? how do they compare?

Also whoever mentioned dyson, I can’t believe how expensive they are...

Tho I’m intrigued about the airwrap as it has a few heads including the brush which dries your hair while u brush?

Having said that I’d probably still need to finish off with the Iron so... problem still stands lol

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I use ghd original, but my hairdresser uses cloud...I'd say they give more or less the same result. A lot will depend on your hair texture though...I have naturally curly, quite coarse hair, and I've used plenty of other brands/types of straightener that don't touch it.

I’ve got a thin GHD iron for finishing touches so maybe a regular cloud 9 could complete my whole collection

"

You won't be disappointed. I like the weight of them as well, and you might find that you won't need the GHD for the finishing touch as C9 will do it, they smooth out my thick hair nicely. And they make gorgeous curls

"Cloud 9 original iron. By far the best straighteners I have ever had

Did U try the GHD? how do they compare?

Also whoever mentioned dyson, I can’t believe how expensive they are...

Tho I’m intrigued about the airwrap as it has a few heads including the brush which dries your hair while u brush?

Having said that I’d probably still need to finish off with the Iron so... problem still stands lol "

I did! And Cloud 9 was much better r

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

"

And then straightened lol

"I use ghd original, but my hairdresser uses cloud...I'd say they give more or less the same result. A lot will depend on your hair texture though...I have naturally curly, quite coarse hair, and I've used plenty of other brands/types of straightener that don't touch it. "

Mine is naturally thick-ish and wavy so, I always like to finish off with the iron.

I’ve heard so many good things about cloud 9 how it makes the hair look nice and soft after. And apparently a lot of hairdressers have those instead of the GHD

I’ve purchased the GHD hot brush for the day after etc as it’s great cos I only need to give it a quick touch.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

"Girlies, what kind of hair straighteners have u got? And do u straighten your hair?

I have an old GHD that still works great, and recently got a GHD hot brush and I’ve got another pink hot brush from Amazon

Tho I’ve been hearing great reviews and talks about the CLOUD 9 hair straighteners and thinking of maybe purchasing... anyone has them and how they compare with GHD?

Has anyone shelled out on the super expensive dysons yet? Ha "

Only ever had GHD and I'm not sure I could use another.

You won't be disappointed. I like the weight of them as well, and you might find that you won't need the GHD for the finishing touch as C9 will do it, they smooth out my thick hair nicely. And they make gorgeous curls

"

Do you have the touch or the regular ? I think touch is £139 and the original is £149 (and the chunky one is also £149)

Do you have the touch or the regular ? I think touch is £139 and the original is £149 (and the chunky one is also £149)"

I have the original iron x

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I have remingtons and love them

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I have GHDs. Over a decade old and still going strong!

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

I love my ghds but have seen recently online a lot of people raving about kipozi ones, Amazon

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

GHD

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I straighten my hair if going out but seldom during the pandemic. Quite like my hair messy at times. My hair needs to be tied up for work so I usual just blow dry it. My straighteners were not expensive but do the job they were designed to do.

By *irtydaveblythMan  over a year ago

Blyth

My Mrs is a Hairdresser and I got her the Dyson ones for Christmas, she loves them.

Tried GHD a few times but I always go back to remingtons.

My hair is very thick and a bit damaged and they do the best out of any brand I have tried x

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I found ghd really damaging as there was no temperature control.

I replaced with Nicky Clarke DesiRed, they're great. And I have thick wavy hair.

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

Remingtons here, bought for £30 as a temporary replacement when my Ghds broke, and I actually prefer them.

K

By *ersey GirlCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I have GHD's my mate has cloud 9's The cloud 9's are far superior. Best my hair has looked without going to the hairdressers when I borrowed them

R

By *B69Woman  over a year ago

Wiltshire

Ive had GHD for years and work well, daughter has the Dyson airwrap which I borrowed, it took some getting used to and did the job but not sure it’s worth the price

i think ive had my ghds about 13 years

i only really run them lightly over my extensions when i have them nowadays though as ive never been able to do straightners curls (use a wand instead) and when my extensions are out my hair feels so flat already that straightening would make it flatter

never used anything better than ghds but then i imagine technology has moved on quite a bit since i bought them

i have the dyson hairdryer and love it , but wish i waited 6 months for the release of the air wrap as no way i could justify buying a second in the range and the dryer only does drying , none of the fancy stuff

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I can't remember which straighteners I've got. Fairly inexpensive. I don't straighten my hair.

My hair is already super straight so no need for straighteners

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I've got two pairs of GHDs and a cheap pair by an unknown Chinese maker. The best ones are the 16 year old GHDs. I usually blow dry my hair with a Babyliss Big Hair hair dryer but now and then I use straighteners to either straighten it completely or in conjunction with a heated brush to curl the ends

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

I've tried lots of straighteners but none of them work for me. I'm still a lesbian lol.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I've tried lots of straighteners but none of them work for me. I'm still a lesbian lol. "

I used GHDs but sadly never again

I’ve got a really old pair of the wide plate GHD’s, don’t use them often these days though.

I’ve got a really long, almost waist length hair, it looks far better curly or wavy, but I just can’t do it. I’ve thought about getting one of those hot brush things, but I think my hair might be a bit long and I worry it’ll get tangled.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I’ve got a really old pair of the wide plate GHD’s, don’t use them often these days though.

I’ve got a really long, almost waist length hair, it looks far better curly or wavy, but I just can’t do it. I’ve thought about getting one of those hot brush things, but I think my hair might be a bit long and I worry it’ll get tangled."

If you section it off and use a Babyliss Big Hair or similar you should be ok if you keep it moving up and down as it rotates. The trick is to three quarters dry it first too. You can curl or wave with straighteners too

By *ilverFox55Man  over a year ago

Watford

I don't want blow my own trumpet or anything but my business is professional hair products and hair straighteners my specialty. Having sold straighteners before ghds existed. GHD paying for name, don't get me started on Dyson! Pure marketing on both counts. Cloud nine ok. There's better value out there. Nothing to touch the Yogi brand and they're the straighteners going cheap at the moment. As sold on Qvc a few years ago and were also in boots. I could go on and on and bore you with science and knowi, just trust me. Not sure if links are allowed here? Pm me if you need any info,advice on any pro hair products. Xx

» Add a new message to this topic