darlington

[Removed by poster at 02/05/21 11:01:33]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

[Removed by poster at 02/05/21 11:01:44]

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd like to say no but I believe people do get jealous from my personal fab experiences

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Yeah. Sometimes someone describes a really delicious meal and I'm jealous I am eating salad.

"Does Fab make other people jealous too? xx"

I'd bet if they were jealous on fab that they're jealous in real life over things.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I tend to get jealous if I’m emotionally invested in someone. I don’t like to share.

But I’m aware it’s because I have trust issues, so I don’t display it. I just feel it (if that makes sense?).

[Removed by poster at 02/05/21 11:05:08]

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I guess we’re all different eh. This is a real life situation I’m talking about but I think Fab has influenced my reaction to it xx

Yes and no.

Not of what people have experienced as I've done at least once most of what I want to do.

If I'm experiencing a manic state then I can get jealous if I'm chatting to someone and I think they are being flirted with on the forum.

Depends on mood.

Yeah, I have done when I've invested emotionally in someone and when I've felt insecure in myself or in the friendship. It's a normal human emotion. I keep it to myself though and try not to let it dictate my behaviour.

Yes I have

I got over it

Being serious OP, I don't think jealousy is such a bad thing in all honesty - it's a loosely applied umbrella term that covers so much. Sometimes you might be feeling a bit insecure about who you are, others the person might be playing on those insecurities deliberately in some peculiar game.

As long as you don't hurt others with it, I think it's a normal emotion to work through.

By *igDickSwansMan  over a year ago

Swansea City Centre

"I tend to get jealous if I’m emotionally invested in someone. I don’t like to share.

But I’m aware it’s because I have trust issues, so I don’t display it. I just feel it (if that makes sense?)."

i know what you mean im not a fan or sharing either.... guess im greedy like that :P

I get slightly jealous of men on here who have rippling bodies. I do a lot of swimming and walking but don't seem to be able to obtain one.

By *ate_BMan  over a year ago

London

"I get slightly jealous of men on here who have rippling bodies. I do a lot of swimming and walking but don't seem to be able to obtain one. "

I agree on the 'rippling bodies' I've no chance competing there

"I get slightly jealous of men on here who have rippling bodies. I do a lot of swimming and walking but don't seem to be able to obtain one. "

Don't let that get to you dude. Some have great genetics.

Does your heart sink a bit when you hear someone you really like (as more than just a Fab meet but you’ve chatted to for ages and grown really fond of but never met in person) has met someone (probably as a one-off but not sure)? Or am I just being silly?

(Yes I’m aware it sounds ridiculous now I’ve typed it)

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"Does your heart sink a bit when you hear someone you really like (as more than just a Fab meet but you’ve chatted to for ages and grown really fond of but never met in person) has met someone (probably as a one-off but not sure)? Or am I just being silly? "

I don't think disappointment it ain't you in that position is silly. I think it's natural.

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"Does your heart sink a bit when you hear someone you really like (as more than just a Fab meet but you’ve chatted to for ages and grown really fond of but never met in person) has met someone (probably as a one-off but not sure)? Or am I just being silly? "

Completely natural, been there done that got the t-shirt x

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I don't know that it's jealousy as such but more a feeling of being fed up when for example there is a Fab social event on or a party that we want to go to but work gets in the way. When I see our friend are going etc, that makes me feel a bit gggrrrrrr.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Just as an observation would you say this is more a single person issue? We've experienced it somewhat as a couple from single guys but not from couples, that not to say couples don't get jealous just never experienced it.

"Does your heart sink a bit when you hear someone you really like (as more than just a Fab meet but you’ve chatted to for ages and grown really fond of but never met in person) has met someone (probably as a one-off but not sure)? Or am I just being silly?

I don't think disappointment it ain't you in that position is silly. I think it's natural."

Thank you xx

"Does your heart sink a bit when you hear someone you really like (as more than just a Fab meet but you’ve chatted to for ages and grown really fond of but never met in person) has met someone (probably as a one-off but not sure)? Or am I just being silly?

Completely natural, been there done that got the t-shirt x"

Thank you xx

Some will think you're being silly, others won't. Personally I don't think you are. Just being human. I hope you feel better soon. Try and frame it as - you like them being happy? This other person might make them happy. It doesn't lessen you, your dynamic with them. You are still perfectly valid and important to them. x

Nope

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

"Does Fab make other people jealous too? xx"

Yes. I’ve noticed if I’ve got a meet, it’s proper off putting knowing she’s meeting someone else.

What’s strange though is that I have no issue lies meeting someone else haha

I think I need one sided exclusivity

"Just as an observation would you say this is more a single person issue? We've experienced it somewhat as a couple from single guys but not from couples, that not to say couples don't get jealous just never experienced it."

I’m not sure. I think it’s more about my pandemic situation in not being able to go out than anything else. We would have met up months ago otherwise and might be together by now. We’ve had a really lovely friendship but it’s never been able to go beyond that and the ovcasional flirt and naughtiness xxx

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

No and, not in life either.

Some will think you're being silly, others won't. Personally I don't think you are. Just being human. I hope you feel better soon. Try and frame it as - you like them being happy? This other person might make them happy. It doesn't lessen you, your dynamic with them. You are still perfectly valid and important to them. x"

Thank you xx

No Fab Is fab, neither I realise either each to there own

"I tend to get jealous if I’m emotionally invested in someone. I don’t like to share.

But I’m aware it’s because I have trust issues, so I don’t display it. I just feel it (if that makes sense?)."

100% this

Literally exactly the same way! Feel it but don't show it

I think everyone feels a tad jealous or envious at some points in life

Some show it and some don't

"I think everyone feels a tad jealous or envious at some points in life

"

I’m afraid I’m a “heart on my sleeve” kind of guy, for better or worse

I’m afraid I’m a “heart on my sleeve” kind of guy, for better or worse"

I'm sorry but I'm not buying that you've never ever once in your life felt jealous or envious of another person at all be it they're looks, popularity or even just the positions they are in in life

I'm sorry but I'm not buying that you've never ever once in your life felt jealous or envious of another person at all be it they're looks, popularity or even just the positions they are in in life

"

I didn’t say I never have. Please re-read what I said

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It happens. It shows I've got work to do on myself. When the person involved is emotionally mature and intelligent, a conversation is the best way to go about that. (Usually said conversation doesn't happen, so I just deal with my shit )

"It happens. It shows I've got work to do on myself. When the person involved is emotionally mature and intelligent, a conversation is the best way to go about that. (Usually said conversation doesn't happen, so I just deal with my shit )"

Hehe thanks xx

"

Oranges are the devil of all fruits. Strawberries are ok when in season.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Jealousy is a normal human emotion, it’s how you deal with it that appears to be the issue. I think jealousy on fab is a thing and sometimes quite destructive. I would prefer not to see and hear it.

"Jealousy is a normal human emotion, it’s how you deal with it that appears to be the issue. I think jealousy on fab is a thing and sometimes quite destructive. I would prefer not to see and hear it. "

Id imagine half of it comes visible when d*unk aswell, actually a massive turn off for me the idea of d*unken meets with folk you don't really know, way too unpredictable for me

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

I have felt jealous when someone I’m emotionally invested in has had a meet with someone else...

And likewise I’ve had FWBs get jealous because I’ve met other people.

I am more than prepared to go exclusive with any of them (1 more than the rest, tbh) but they aren’t so here we are...

What Meli said is very insightful and will try to remember that when I feel jealousy’s sting. Heh.

"Jealousy is a normal human emotion, it’s how you deal with it that appears to be the issue. I think jealousy on fab is a thing and sometimes quite destructive. I would prefer not to see and hear it.

Id imagine half of it comes visible when d*unk aswell, actually a massive turn off for me the idea of d*unken meets with folk you don't really know, way too unpredictable for me "

Pissed up angry women in clubs because their man looked at someone! Nightmare

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

It doesn’t sound daft to me. One of my pet peeves on Fab are men that tell me about their other female pursuits. I don’t know someone would go out of their way to tell someone they are chatting to about their interest in another person. It makes me feel like I’m just a waste of time until they can meet the other person. It puts me right off. And it really irritates. It shows a complete lack of thought in my eyes.

Jealousy tends to be an emotional trigger.. And generally it's exacerbated when we think that we have some ownership over the other person

I try to remember that i don't own anyone and remind myself that if i like them, then actually i want them to have total happiness and fulfillment... And that will generally be reflected back onto you

Inner happiness +contentment is a very attractive quality and a great investment in yourself, but it takes work...set them free, they will come back ... If they don't.. Well would you really want to be second best?

It doesn’t sound daft to me. One of my pet peeves on Fab are men that tell me about their other female pursuits. I don’t know someone would go out of their way to tell someone they are chatting to about their interest in another person. It makes me feel like I’m just a waste of time until they can meet the other person. It puts me right off. And it really irritates. It shows a complete lack of thought in my eyes."

Thank you. I don’t think she meant it like that. I’m not sure she even realised at first xx

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Jealousy tends to be an emotional trigger.. And generally it's exacerbated when we think that we have some ownership over the other person

I try to remember that i don't own anyone and remind myself that if i like them, then actually i want them to have total happiness and fulfillment... And that will generally be reflected back onto you

Inner happiness +contentment is a very attractive quality and a great investment in yourself, but it takes work...set them free, they will come back ... If they don't.. Well would you really want to be second best? "

Hmm. Ownership, or expectations within the bounds of a friendship?

My worst instances where a friend has let me down.

"Jealousy tends to be an emotional trigger.. And generally it's exacerbated when we think that we have some ownership over the other person

Inner happiness +contentment is a very attractive quality and a great investment in yourself, but it takes work...set them free, they will come back ... If they don't.. Well would you really want to be second best? "

Thank you xx

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

We don't get jealous of seeing each other with other people and we don't get jealous of people we are playing with seeing others as we don't expect exclusively.

I do however sometimes get envious but it's a fear of missing out more than anything else and also that they might prefer someone else to us and not want to meet us anymore. That's just more to do with my own insecurities though and I tend to just deal with those feelings in my own way.

Kx

"We don't get jealous of seeing each other with other people and we don't get jealous of people we are playing with seeing others as we don't expect exclusively.

I do however sometimes get envious but it's a fear of missing out more than anything else and also that they might prefer someone else to us and not want to meet us anymore. That's just more to do with my own insecurities though and I tend to just deal with those feelings in my own way.

Kx "

That’s kind of where I’m coming from I guess xx

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"Jealousy is a normal human emotion, it’s how you deal with it that appears to be the issue. I think jealousy on fab is a thing and sometimes quite destructive. I would prefer not to see and hear it.

Id imagine half of it comes visible when d*unk aswell, actually a massive turn off for me the idea of d*unken meets with folk you don't really know, way too unpredictable for me

Pissed up angry women in clubs because their man looked at someone! Nightmare "

Oh yea, I experienced that first hand. The woman off the couple ended up storming out of the playroom shouting on and in floods of tears. People like that really should not be swinging. It was very awkward and embarrassing.

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

Defenitly does !

Pissed up angry women in clubs because their man looked at someone! Nightmare

Oh yea, I experienced that first hand. The woman off the couple ended up storming out of the playroom shouting on and in floods of tears. People like that really should not be swinging. It was very awkward and embarrassing."

I'd imagine this could possibly quite a unsettling experience

I think from my observation, if the person is very jealous outside fabworld, shouldnt be there.

It can only lead to the drama

When there is a couple who trust each other and are honest, so there shouldnt be any issues in theory but time to time drama happens...

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

It's totally okay for it to sting a bit and no your feelings aren't rediculous. The important part is how you respond to those feelings.

It's totally okay for it to sting a bit and no your feelings aren't rediculous. The important part is how you respond to those feelings. "

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

It doesn’t sound daft to me. One of my pet peeves on Fab are men that tell me about their other female pursuits. I don’t know someone would go out of their way to tell someone they are chatting to about their interest in another person. It makes me feel like I’m just a waste of time until they can meet the other person. It puts me right off. And it really irritates. It shows a complete lack of thought in my eyes."

I totally agree or when you are actually at a meet and either before or after they talk about other meets they've had or are planning - it shows a lack of respect

It's totally okay for it to sting a bit and no your feelings aren't rediculous. The important part is how you respond to those feelings. "

Thank you xx

Well said my dear.

It happened to me. I have accepted the fact having more than liking feelings, and still appreciating for this experience.

We cannot have everything but being grateful for life has given to us is the best we can do

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I don't know about this one. I think it's a fine line. I kinda dislike all the secretiveness when people try to hide when they're meeting others but it can definitely go too far with the over sharing which is not only a bit crass but disrespectful to the person involved.

Can't miss what you never had

Nope can't say we do at all.

Were all on here for similar reasons, just get on with it and do you

Her x

» Add a new message to this topic