FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Make your own

Make your own

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orthern Stars OP   Couple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I got the idea for this thread from Meli's interesting thread about excitement.

Do you make your own joy, excitement and happiness out of the simple things or are you the type of person who always needs something specific to get you feeling happy, such as materialistic items or a holiday, or a Fab meet?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oveAndBangCouple  over a year ago

where the mood takes us

There's nothing more exciting and satisfying for us than achieving targets we've set. It makes us more happy than anything material

"There's nothing more exciting and satisfying for us than achieving targets we've set. It makes us more happy than anything material "

Love this. A sense of achievement or accomplishment is fantastic.

By *agertha73Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

A stoic husband here. My happiness starts with my thoughts.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Take a chair, sit on it and watch the world go by.

Definitely get more pleasure and excitement out of unexpected everyday things - a phone call or email out of the blue, discovering some new music, learning something new. Big events like holidays are exciting when they happen but can be a little boring or stressful to plan.

By *oveAndBangCouple  over a year ago

where the mood takes us

"There's nothing more exciting and satisfying for us than achieving targets we've set. It makes us more happy than anything material

Love this. A sense of achievement or accomplishment is fantastic."

But all the targets must to be set realistically. Nothing impossible as it will only leave You gutted and nothing too easy as there will be no satisfaction

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I find happiness and excitement out of lots of things - whether that's a Fab meet, exciting personal news, a holiday or the simpler things like perfecting my brownies recipe, a perfect temperature of a bath, seeing the little robin every morning. So I'm not either of the people described on the OP, I'm not quite so binary.

I don't need specific things to make me happy but at the same time I do get happy when they happen.

My thread was based on my excited state currently for various things so that's what I wrote about. I was excitedly seeing if others enjoy planning and preparations and all of those marvellous things.

I don't get excited about future events - I'm so pessimistic that I assume they won't happen.

I find my joy in little everyday moments like my cat choosing to sit on me, wild flowers, or sunshine in trees.

"A stoic husband here. My happiness starts with my thoughts."

State of mind has a lot to do with it. I hope you have lots of positive thoughts.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I'm a firm believer in finding at least one thing to make you smile every day...it can be something as simple as my pooch and his silly antics, but I recognise and appreciate it for the positive, happy thing that it is. I don't need big events or material possessions, it's the simple things in life that bring me joy

"Take a chair, sit on it and watch the world go by.

"

I can really appreciate this too. It can be very therapeutic.

"Definitely get more pleasure and excitement out of unexpected everyday things - a phone call or email out of the blue, discovering some new music, learning something new. Big events like holidays are exciting when they happen but can be a little boring or stressful to plan."

The unexpected can really put a smile on your face.

it's rare for me to actually be genuinely happy.

i find happiness or joy through other things, like my children actually being nice. Or cuddles with them, and memory making days out.

but me, happy for no reason? That's unheard of. Px

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

A bit of both ... booking a holiday does provide a great sense of excitement and happiness and so does the prospect of a family get together , a piece of furniture upcycling turning out as I hoped, a well thought out gift for a friend, a smooth successful event at work . The list is endless ...

Oh if anyone feels like gifting me a a Rolex , I'll be happy and exited at that too

"I find happiness and excitement out of lots of things - whether that's a Fab meet, exciting personal news, a holiday or the simpler things like perfecting my brownies recipe, a perfect temperature of a bath, seeing the little robin every morning. So I'm not either of the people described on the OP, I'm not quite so binary.

I don't need specific things to make me happy but at the same time I do get happy when they happen.

My thread was based on my excited state currently for various things so that's what I wrote about. I was excitedly seeing if others enjoy planning and preparations and all of those marvellous things."

You sound like you appreciate life for whatever it brings your say,be it something simple or something bigger.

"I don't get excited about future events - I'm so pessimistic that I assume they won't happen.

I find my joy in little everyday moments like my cat choosing to sit on me, wild flowers, or sunshine in trees. "

The simple things. If things go wrong with future plans, then they weren't meant to be. That's how we think anyway.

"Take a chair, sit on it and watch the world go by.

I can really appreciate this too. It can be very therapeutic. "

With a book.no mobile

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Material things don’t make me happy at all. They sometimes make life easier.

Hearing the birds sing, a sunrise or a sunset will always make me smile. C’s head on my chest.

The best things in life really are free.

K

By *onkyLemonsCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

It’s the little things in life!

We’re here to make some flirty friends and whatever else happens is a bonus.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"Material things don’t make me happy at all. They sometimes make life easier.

Hearing the birds sing, a sunrise or a sunset will always make me smile. C’s head on my chest.

The best things in life really are free.

K"

And brilliant avatars like yours makes me happy.

Little things here, be it in the sunshine,kitchen, with friends or a blast out on my bike ect.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I think over the last year I've learnt to find joy in the little things.

I got into gardening/plants, so watching things grow is very satisfying, especially from seed or cuttings.

And I like doing silly little things for other people, so if I can make someone else smile, that makes me happy too.

Learning more to find excitement in the little things rather than waiting for big things.

A new book, starting a new podcast series, keeping a poinsettia alive beyond christmas, cooking a new recipe ...

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Reminds me of the Charlie Brown cartoon sketch.

Charlie Brown asks Linus whether he thinks much about the future.

Linus replies that he does.

Charlie asks what he wants to be when he grows up, and Linus replies “Outrageously happy!"

We all need to be more like Linus, to often we're chasing a bigger car, better job, expensive holidays all while piling up credit card and loan debt and missing out on the little free things that made us smile as kids.

Be happy folks

» Add a new message to this topic