FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > An excitable state of being...

An excitable state of being...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eli OP   Woman  over a year ago

How easily excited are you? And no, I don't mean in a sexually aroused way, it's way too early for that!

Do you find yourself excitedly planning things? Are you the sort who likes having things to look forward to and then whizzes around in an excited pool of excitable happiness? Or are you a bit more practical and nonchalant about prospective things?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I get excited about certain things.

I recently decided to walk the West Highland Way and I’m loving the planning and anticipation.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To be honest Meli, I like last minute things, I’m a terrible planner

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"How easily excited are you? And no, I don't mean in a sexually aroused way, it's way too early for that!

Do you find yourself excitedly planning things? Are you the sort who likes having things to look forward to and then whizzes around in an excited pool of excitable happiness? Or are you a bit more practical and nonchalant about prospective things? "

I love planning things out, and get quite excited at the prospect of doing new things or meeting new people. It is tinged with an element of practicality, so if if falls through I don’t end up bed ridden crying for a week.

Life is for living after all.

I am very pragmatic, not at all easily excited

When I hear people on the radio winning cash prizes and they go full on demented, live on air, I always think what an anti-climax it would have been if I had won

'Bussy, you have just won TEN THOUSAND POUUUUUUUNNNNDS'

Me: 'thank you, that's great'

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I get excited about things to come, then I get into a panic as things get closer, my head goes in about 50 different directions

By *EAT..85Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I'm not a planner but get easily excited about little things as they pop up.

Nature excites me, I'll endlessly excitedly point things out as I see them on walks

"I get excited about certain things.

I recently decided to walk the West Highland Way and I’m loving the planning and anticipation. "

Oh that's such a lovely part of the world! I hope you bask in the anticipation of getting your walk on in such beautiful scenery.

"To be honest Meli, I like last minute things, I’m a terrible planner "

But but but planning is so much fun! You can have an organiser! And even a spreadsheet if you're that way inclined! Last minute things are good but I'm too antsy to leave it 'til then.

I'm not a planner but love excitement in any form!

I love planning its all apart of the excited especially if sharing it with someone special it could be as simple as a grocery shop

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I very rarely get excited about anything. I look forward to stuff, but that’s as far as I go. And whilst I am not a very organised gal, I do like some routine in my life (but not too much or I feel hemmed in), I do like to plan ahead but not too far ahead because else I’ll just worry about something going wrong.

I’m a pain in the ass

I love a good plan.

And the required back up plans incase Plan A goes south.

Today I'm catering a bbq for some friends. Its nothing too big or complicated. Less than 30 people.

I have planned everything out in my head and I'm so well planned that I appear nonchalant and calm but inside I'm vibrating.

I have butterflies in my stomach now, for when I start cooking in 4 hours

"I get excited about things to come, then I get into a panic as things get closer, my head goes in about 50 different directions "
a bit of this.

Currently I'm absolutely buzzing with excitement because the fringe is back and I'm performing in it. However the panic is also there because I've so much to do to be ready for it. Then, I go back to giddy excitement about sharing this amazing experience with friends and over costumes.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I’m like an over excited puppy when I get properly excited. I have been know to squeal!

In terms of planning things, I’m good unless it is hair or clothes, then I’m a last minute panicky type

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I am a planner & love planning. My anxiety means I can’t do spur of the moment anymore. Everything has to be written on the calendar. If it’s not on the calendar, it’s not happening.

J x

Definitely excitedly plans things and whizzes around in an excited pool of excitable happiness

Her x

I'm a fan of having plans to look forward to

I manage to keep a lid on getting giddy

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I get excited in the detailed planning / itinerary, choosing car hire, booking restaurants and activities I become like a tour operator even planning in free time.....

i get excited for plans, and having something to focus on and look forward too.

but when they get broken it wrecks me Px

Depends what I am planning and who I am planning with.

By *nfin8yWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Excitement comes from the planning process just as much as the end result for me. I love having things to look forward to.

By *evil-AngelWoman  over a year ago

I get excited about going away and love having a little weekend to plan for

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Oh yes Meli! Nothing like planning in advance and having something to look forward to.

"i get excited for plans, and having something to focus on and look forward too.

but when they get broken it wrecks me Px "

This

The plan is that there is no plan.

Planning things makes me want to cancel them - even if it's something fun.

What I do generally relies on the mood I'm in at the time.

"I am very pragmatic, not at all easily excited

When I hear people on the radio winning cash prizes and they go full on demented, live on air, I always think what an anti-climax it would have been if I had won

"

Oh Bussy. What happened if you saw the last crumpet loaf in a garden centre and it went through the till at 50p? Surely that would give you a bit of a rush of joy!

Depends what it is. But I get incredibly excited about new projects or traveling!

"I am very pragmatic, not at all easily excited

Oh Bussy. What happened if you saw the last crumpet loaf in a garden centre and it went through the till at 50p? Surely that would give you a bit of a rush of joy!"

I felt that

"I love a good plan.

Today I'm catering a bbq for some friends. Its nothing too big or complicated. Less than 30 people.

I have planned everything out in my head and I'm so well planned that I appear nonchalant and calm but inside I'm vibrating.

I have butterflies in my stomach now, for when I start cooking in 4 hours"

Oh this is my energy. I absolutely love organising and food! I hope your vibrations continue you vibrating and your bbq catering succeeds! I'm sure it will.

Now see, I think to plan is natural, I don't get excited by planning though, it is a necessary driver

I'm very much considered, my emotions rarely run away with me

I leave things and come back to them if I feel I am getting caught in a groundswell

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm super excitable. I get excited very easily about anything that I have to look forward to and I love any excuse to have fun. I tend to date slightly "grumpy old man" types so I'm like an excitable child forcing them to have fun .

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I’m terrible. I get so excited about things I sometimes give myself a headache . I’ve always been like that. I’m a nightmare at Christmas!

"I get excited about things to come, then I get into a panic as things get closer, my head goes in about 50 different directions a bit of this.

Currently I'm absolutely buzzing with excitement because the fringe is back and I'm performing in it. However the panic is also there because I've so much to do to be ready for it. Then, I go back to giddy excitement about sharing this amazing experience with friends and over costumes. "

Oh the Fringe is back? That's so wonderful! I'm sorely tempted to go up for one of the days. I hope your performance goes well! x

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

In the middle person, I don't get too excited or sad. kind of a stoic person.

"I'm super excitable. I get excited very easily about anything that I have to look forward to and I love any excuse to have fun. I tend to date slightly "grumpy old man" types so I'm like an excitable child forcing them to have fun . "

Not only are you poly like me but we also date similarly grumpy old buggers. I do feel like I'm inflicting my Tiggering on them at times.

I'm very excitable about some things; goats in onesies, cake, holidays several months away, but last minute happenings send me into a tizz. Planning fun stuff is super exciting and I love that process. I tend to be very physical with emotions, so happy little jumps, hand claps, skips etc when excited are the norm in our house. I rein it in when in public though.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I'm super excitable. I get excited very easily about anything that I have to look forward to and I love any excuse to have fun. I tend to date slightly "grumpy old man" types so I'm like an excitable child forcing them to have fun .

Not only are you poly like me but we also date similarly grumpy old buggers. I do feel like I'm inflicting my Tiggering on them at times."

I feel we balance them . They can't hate EVERYTHING and it's super exciting when you see a little glimmer of excitement grow in them too!

Though my nesting partner got weirdly excited about it snowing this year and I was like "who are you!?"

I get excited about things and love the prep and planning of some things.

But then I can just be in a good mood, or energised by the sun and suddenly decide on a random trip out somewhere just because I can.

Freedom is exciting.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I don't seem to feel excitement about anything lately.

Everything is such hard work I don't get to enjoy it.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I used to get excited.

Now I expect hurdles and let downs coz that's the norm. Everything you plan involves other people, because other people are everywhere. People with no connection or involvement are still connected and involved without even realising. Every vehicle and pedestrian taking the same route, every person in the shop, every person who's interacted with every other person, every piece of technology we're using or reliant on etc etc... they all shape everything around every moment

"I’m like an over excited puppy when I get properly excited. I have been know to squeal!

In terms of planning things, I’m good unless it is hair or clothes, then I’m a last minute panicky type "

Aww of course you squeal! I can imagine that so well. Planning is so much fun, do you have a countdown app? If not, don't worry. I'll be it.

"I used to get excited.

Now I expect hurdles and let downs coz that's the norm. Everything you plan involves other people, because other people are everywhere. People with no connection or involvement are still connected and involved without even realising. Every vehicle and pedestrian taking the same route, every person in the shop, every person who's interacted with every other person, every piece of technology we're using or reliant on etc etc... they all shape everything around every moment "

Hurdles aren't insurmountable. Other people don't always let you down. You're right it involves other people but sometimes things all come together perfectly. I do overthink things but I'm too excitable to dwell on them too long.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I’m a bit old for all that. I will leave getting exited to my 17 year old daughter.

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

I’m quite excitable. I try to be effortlessly cool and nonchalant to make myself appear edgy but I’m an excitable squirrel by nature.

I still count how many sleeps there are until something exciting

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We both get excited and absolutely love having things to look forward to. We even get excited for having day off work together where we can spend some quality time together. I'm also excited about signing up to bootcamp which starts this week, does that make me sad?

We also enjoy spontaneous plans too. Life is good and is exciting in itself some days, without having plans. You can create your own excitement out of simple things.

But plans are fabulous.

"We both get excited and absolutely love having things to look forward to. We even get excited for having day off work together where we can spend some quality time together. I'm also excited about signing up to bootcamp which starts this week, does that make me sad?

We also enjoy spontaneous plans too. Life is good and is exciting in itself some days, without having plans. *** You can create your own excitement out of simple things. ***

But plans are fabulous."

I’m a man don’t get excited about things I’m afraid

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I’m not an overly excited person, but do look forward to things in my calm way

"I love a good plan.

Oh this is my energy. I absolutely love organising and food! I hope your vibrations continue you vibrating and your bbq catering succeeds! I'm sure it will. "

it will succeed because I have prepared mentally for it.

On the outside I'm still my boring grumpy git self. My friend just called to the house and he was concerned that my energy level wasn't at his energy level. He's pumped up. I was standing in my boxers eating my scrambled eggs. But when it's time to start I will channel my inner vibrations into action. I will have some high energy music in my ears and bop around doing what needs to be done.

Life will put obstacles in my way. I won't be able to anticipate them all. But I will adapt and put out the best food I can.

And ultimately that's enough. Do the best you can and it's not failure.

Failure is not trying or giving up

Have we met? How did you know how to describe me?? Reveal where give hidden the bugs and cameras please!!!

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I'm definitely nonchalant, there are only a few things in life that I'll get visibly excited over...I'm excited on the inside

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"I love a good plan.

Oh this is my energy. I absolutely love organising and food! I hope your vibrations continue you vibrating and your bbq catering succeeds! I'm sure it will. it will succeed because I have prepared mentally for it.

On the outside I'm still my boring grumpy git self. My friend just called to the house and he was concerned that my energy level wasn't at his energy level. He's pumped up. I was standing in my boxers eating my scrambled eggs. But when it's time to start I will channel my inner vibrations into action. I will have some high energy music in my ears and bop around doing what needs to be done.

Life will put obstacles in my way. I won't be able to anticipate them all. But I will adapt and put out the best food I can.

And ultimately that's enough. Do the best you can and it's not failure.

Failure is not trying or giving up"

Love the last 2 sentences, absolutely.

I'm definitely planner. I've just starred planning a camper conversion project.

When that's complete it's time to start planning the adventures.

However, there's lot to be said for hitting the open road with no particular destination in mind.

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

"How easily excited are you? And no, I don't mean in a sexually aroused way, it's way too early for that!

Do you find yourself excitedly planning things? Are you the sort who likes having things to look forward to and then whizzes around in an excited pool of excitable happiness? Or are you a bit more practical and nonchalant about prospective things? "

Due to my mental condition, I take things literally. So if someone asks me to meet, I’m taking it that you’re being serious and I’ll have some fun planning it. Then I’ll be too excited once the date/time/location has been decided.

Weirdly enough though, if nothings been arranged or discussed; then I’m seriously nonchalant about it

"Have we met? How did you know how to describe me?? Reveal where give hidden the bugs and cameras please!!! "

In my overexcited state of being, I quite forgot to say that I’m easily excitable.

"Have we met? How did you know how to describe me?? Reveal where give hidden the bugs and cameras please!!!

In my overexcited state of being, I quite forgot to say that I’m easily excitable. "

I picked up on your easily excitable state from the exclamation marks. It's nice there are more easily excitable squirrels around.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

If you're not excited about events that are coming up you need to plan some things that do make you excited.

Often we do things for other people that we don't particularly enjoy.

Life's so short and we all need to do things that make us excited and smile

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I love having things to look forward to.

I’m planning C’s birthday gifts/surprises and I get so excited about it. I probably have that smug, I know and you don’t face on!

But I also love to be spontaneous too...last year I woke up and decided to do the Yorkshire 3 peaks...26 miles. No training other than gym work.

So a mix of both for me is my ideal.

K

Complicated.

Too much excitement and I boil over in a mess of mania and anxiety.

In some ways I find the planning and anticipation the best bit but the actual doing a let down and anti-climax.

On the outside I can seem grumpy and joyless but on the inside a volcano is raging.

Managed excitement with planning and patience.

At the moment I get quite excited by starting a new book or podcast series.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Not very. And then it can be something really random that gets me excited.

Only thing at the moment is future gigs I've got booked.

And a possible future meet

"I love having things to look forward to.

I’m planning C’s birthday gifts/surprises and I get so excited about it. I probably have that smug, I know and you don’t face on!

But I also love to be spontaneous too...last year I woke up and decided to do the Yorkshire 3 peaks...26 miles. No training other than gym work.

So a mix of both for me is my ideal.

K"

Planning surprises for another's birthday is very exciting, that smug grin should be well and truly plastered across your face smugly.

26 miles spontaneously? I'm not as much of a masochist but I agree with a mix of both being ideal.

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I try not to plan to far ahead for things to get excited about as I'll just get too disappointed if they fall through.

If I do plan ahead, then I'll try to manage my expectations and then I can enjoy it more when it eventually happens

» Add a new message to this topic