FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Has the Olympics made you ....

Has the Olympics made you ....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

.... think back to the sports you enjoyed at school or even after leaving school.

I liked track and field at school.... if you ignore anything on the track over 400m.

High jump and long jump I really enjoyed.... and discus and javelin.

I didn't mind netball and played on the team, as they generally played in the week after school.

They wanted me on the hockey team but they played alot on Saturdays and I had things to do then........ mainly skating, roller and glice (if anyone remembers the glice at Granby Halls). I played hockey there.

I hated cross country running.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I still hold the long jump record at my Gramma School

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I was a 100 and 200 sprinter, along with long jump....if only now!

Also played centre on the netball team, and played in quite a few competitions, I put myself to shame nowadays!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I ran 100, 200, and did long jump, javelin and triple jump at my old school..

I still hold the school triple jump record.... 15.95m

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

loved cross-country at school,was champ for my year!,liked to go ice skating at spring hill in b'ham then it changed to roller skating.

used to fit in nice with off season training when off the bike in winter.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Polo - you're a one woman Olympic festival on your own there!

I was a synchronised swimmer until my bouyance aids made staying underwater too difficult.

Newcastle and Gateshead

also after school... basketball, rugby and american football... no wonder I have no knees left...

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I played hockey from year 8 onwards, ended up playing for town, county, and my uni.

Also did javelin and 200m sprint at school, but never followed through with them.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

"also after school... basketball, rugby and american football... no wonder I have no knees left..."

I never really saw the point in basketball, well did, but having never seen it 'live' I didn't see what the big thing about it was.

Then I got free tickets for the Olympic basketball, and it was AWESOME!!!! Saw 2 games, and couldn't believe the atmosphere, and the game, I am a true convert. Now I just need to know what team I should be supporting!!

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

Played footie and hockey at school. Played for county in table tennis as a junior.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No laughing now, but i actually attended a sports college (who would have thought looking at me )

I really enjoyed team sports like football, netball and hockey. During the early parts of my secondary school life i took to gymnastics well. Was never a fan of athletics, however when i was an air cadet i represented my squadron in the discus.

Ah good times

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Enjoyed Volleyball, athletics and swimming - still do

"Polo - you're a one woman Olympic festival on your own there!

I was a synchronised swimmer until my bouyance aids made staying underwater too difficult.

"

The odd thing is, when I left school, aside from the skating, I didn't carry on with any of it (and I only went skating to meet boys)... even though I represented the school and then county at high jump.

It wasn't until I was 21 I discovered sporty things again and that's when I was selected at local level to represent GB... and it wasn't for high jump.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Track stuff wasn't for me, I was a team game player....hockey, netball and rounders - was on house teams for all 3 and school team in netball n hockey....we did lacrosse at junior school which I quite liked as well but that wasn't on the curriculum at Seniors....managed to get a few sneaky swipes in at the catholic girls school hockey team cos they were all up their own arses - up yours St Bernadette's!

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

made me wish I had been more dedicated as a youngster - but hey I can encourage the grandchildren now

"made me wish I had been more dedicated as a youngster - but hey I can encourage the grandchildren now"
It is never too late - fitness improvement can be done at any time in your life... especially when it is about sexy fun;-)

If I remember back to my school sports then I remember feeling it pointless, I hated it, was rubbish at it and didn't intend to try to get any better. I'm still the same, never woulkd I ever take part in any sports.

I couldn't ever jump the 90cm high jump, long jump was okish, nothing special, hockey I jusg pretended to play but basically just half heartedly ran up and down the pitch, don't know what I've had done if anyone passed to me.

The only thing I was good at was gymnastics. Only the floor stuff, I couldn't do that horse thing. I could do forward and backward flips and do the splits.

So basically I wasn't any good and I didn't want to be either. I wasn't picked for any teams and can't think of anything worse than having to do extra sporting stuff. I was happier doing homework and reading but then I was a geek

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I was good at ball games, but refused to play as the headmistress wouldn't let us play football, cos they considered it unladylike.

And Hockey is?

"If I remember back to my school sports then I remember feeling it pointless, I hated it, was rubbish at it and didn't intend to try to get any better. I'm still the same, never woulkd I ever take part in any sports.

I couldn't ever jump the 90cm high jump, long jump was okish, nothing special, hockey I jusg pretended to play but basically just half heartedly ran up and down the pitch, don't know what I've had done if anyone passed to me.

The only thing I was good at was gymnastics. Only the floor stuff, I couldn't do that horse thing. I could do forward and backward flips and do the splits.

So basically I wasn't any good and I didn't want to be either. I wasn't picked for any teams and can't think of anything worse than having to do extra sporting stuff. I was happier doing homework and reading but then I was a geek "

Being able to do the splits can become very very handy these days - wish I could do side split

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

".... think back to the sports you enjoyed at school or even after leaving school.

I liked track and field at school.... if you ignore anything on the track over 400m.

High jump and long jump I really enjoyed.... and discus and javelin.

I didn't mind netball and played on the team, as they generally played in the week after school.

They wanted me on the hockey team but they played alot on Saturdays and I had things to do then........ mainly skating, roller and glice (if anyone remembers the glice at Granby Halls). I played hockey there.

I hated cross country running."

I was shit hot at hockey, and excelled at netball

loved sports and athletics at school and was good at it too. Didn't like the staying after school to train bit much though.

"

So basically I wasn't any good and I didn't want to be either. I wasn't picked for any teams and can't think of anything worse than having to do extra sporting stuff. I was happier doing homework and reading but then I was a geek "

I was forced to do gymnastics at junior school.... we all were. I think that's why I didn't like it much. I did all my badges so I could spend more time vaulting instead of endless forward rolls, the crab and cartwheels..... and the bastards only let us vault until we had passed the elements for the badge and then it was back on the feckin' floor again!

"loved sports and athletics at school and was good at it too. Didn't like the staying after school to train bit much though. "

Most of our school sports were done withing school hours which was fab.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I didn netball and hockey tried to skive out of everything else.

Callum is a fantastic runner, sprinting and cross country, but he wont carry on. Im dissappointed because he was so good, took him miles to cross country events.

Oh and at primary school i was always the best egg and spooner

"I didn netball and hockey tried to skive out of everything else.

Callum is a fantastic runner, sprinting and cross country, but he wont carry on. Im dissappointed because he was so good, took him miles to cross country events.

Oh and at primary school i was always the best egg and spooner"

Our cross country route went out of the school, down to the village and then across a golf course...... I couldn't tell you where it went after that, I would have found somewhere to sit and wait for them to come back before we got to the village.

Hell no, I hated sports and would exchange as many sports session with music lessons instead, and I did choral singing, piano, and church organ.

I still play hockey for a local team.

I used to do rounders, discus, javelin, long jump, high jump and obviously hockey

Oh also played Netball too x

Norfolk

"made me wish I had been more dedicated as a youngster - but hey I can encourage the grandchildren nowIt is never too late - fitness improvement can be done at any time in your life... especially when it is about sexy fun;-)"

I've got a certificate that says I'm fit, it just doesn't say what for

I played softball for a few months.... but I think it was just an excuse to buy a couple of bats.

its reminded me of the girls changing room next wall to us boys...who knows why they had a door with a keyhole on it...

100 and 200 at County level, Karate at National Level and Rugby League at a high level.....I'm another one now paying for it with his knees.

Hated anything over the 400, cross country was boring beyond belief.

I liked sports at school it got me out of the classroom and into the fresh air. I was never a superstar but did ok in most things. Looking back the team sports give kids purpose then which is missing with a lot these days.

I held the record for Javelin and it stood for almost 20 years after I left. One of my biggest regrets is not continuing with it after I left school but I'd discovered another javelin about 6" long and a new target to aim it at and, well, sports could fuck off tbh.

"I liked sports at school it got me out of the classroom and into the fresh air. I was never a superstar but did ok in most things. Looking back the team sports give kids purpose then which is missing with a lot these days. "

The non-competitive school sports days these days where everyone's a winner are ridiculous. No-one likes losing but it makes you try harder next time.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I liked sports at school it got me out of the classroom and into the fresh air. I was never a superstar but did ok in most things. Looking back the team sports give kids purpose then which is missing with a lot these days.

The non-competitive school sports days these days where everyone's a winner are ridiculous. No-one likes losing but it makes you try harder next time. "

I'm not so sure. Listening to some of the younger Team GB members they have described a real mixture of trying things out and it being fun and then develop the competitive side. Others have always been driven to win. My experience with children has been that even if it is an 'everyone's a winner' game they know full well who has won. They are also sticklers for the rules and fairness when young.

By *arnayguyMan  over a year ago

Durham Tees

[Removed by poster at 12/08/12 00:08:07]

By *arnayguyMan  over a year ago

Durham Tees

Yes. After yet another fantastic day I am really in the mood to compete and race again. But I don't have any eggs.

Makes me think of just how fit i used to be. I had petty massive thighs and used to do a lot of running, stick games and all. I've got a little bit of padding i guess these days but it's more the cardio side that i'm missing and never really being out of breath.

My dreams of being an Olympic champion were shattered when I came last in one of our schools sport day events. It was the skipping race

By *XimagesCouple  over a year ago

north liverpool

100m, 200m, javelin and relay.. seems so long ago

Having a clear up and found some old medals and photos, must admit brought a tinge of nostalgia.

Guess like with most people, life got in the way... and scuppered our Olympic dreams lol.

Well done to everyone who stuck with it

Hah. Only medals i have are from shooting. Forgot about them.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

This thread has made me realise how lazy I've allowed myself to become. I used to play tennis, badminton and netball quite regularly. I even took up rowing at uni.

Now, I get exhausted from the comfort of my sofa just watching sports!

I'd play you at tennis. You're only just round the corner.

"I liked sports at school it got me out of the classroom and into the fresh air. I was never a superstar but did ok in most things. Looking back the team sports give kids purpose then which is missing with a lot these days.

The non-competitive school sports days these days where everyone's a winner are ridiculous. No-one likes losing but it makes you try harder next time.

I'm not so sure. Listening to some of the younger Team GB members they have described a real mixture of trying things out and it being fun and then develop the competitive side. Others have always been driven to win. My experience with children has been that even if it is an 'everyone's a winner' game they know full well who has won. They are also sticklers for the rules and fairness when young."

Fair point. They will indeed know who's won. But if it's not as competitive they might be more likely to have a go at something new.

Thank you, I'd never thought of it that way before!

Norfolk

know my maths is better than Dame Tanny Grey - as an athlete great inspiration as well as great athlete as a commentator/expert absolute pants! Gave her the benefit of the doubt first time but 4 x 8 plus 2 = 34 the marathon is only 26 miles lol but hey ho perhaps she's tired

"This thread has made me realise how lazy I've allowed myself to become. I used to play tennis, badminton and netball quite regularly. I even took up rowing at uni.

Now, I get exhausted from the comfort of my sofa just watching sports!"

get urself a wii,xbox,ps3 and one of those sport games jump around naked with ur big tits bouncing away.Do it on cam too.Or else.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

yes...

the camp lad standing beside the fat lad waiting to be picked and hoping not to be the last....

yeah, great fucking memories

"yes...

the camp lad standing beside the fat lad waiting to be picked and hoping not to be the last....

yeah, great fucking memories "

last week? awwwww xxxxx

By *appyTrancerMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I was the school swimming captain and held the IM record for a few years. Loved hockey and rugby, but that all went to the wall when I discovered mountain biking. I used to race quite a lot in my final years at school, winning a local race series once. I went to uni after that and it all went downhill...

HT

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"yes...

last week? awwwww xxxxx"

no but I still feel the shame

"yes...

last week? awwwww xxxxx

no but I still feel the shame "

I was shit at everything..I feel ur pain lol

I didn't start snowboarding until I was in my 30's....... and I fucking love it!

I am now shit at it, rather than shit and hopeless.

I really don't care if I spend more time on my arse than I do actually moving.

It's never to late to find something you enjoy.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"yes...

last week? awwwww xxxxx

I was shit at everything..I feel ur pain lol"

but I swish past the sporty ones in the Art Class quietly pleased my still life was the tops

"yes...

last week? awwwww xxxxx

I was shit at everything..I feel ur pain lol

but I swish past the sporty ones in the Art Class quietly pleased my still life was the tops "

lol same!-and in engerlish

"I didn't start snowboarding until I was in my 30's....... and I fucking love it!

I am now shit at it, rather than shit and hopeless.

I really don't care if I spend more time on my arse than I do actually moving.

It's never to late to find something you enjoy."

Good for you, well done.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Does anyone know how to access all these school records? I thought they only went back a few years....i might have a gander

London

[Removed by poster at 12/08/12 17:01:26]

London

"This thread has made me realise how lazy I've allowed myself to become. I used to play tennis, badminton and netball quite regularly. I even took up rowing at uni.

Now, I get exhausted from the comfort of my sofa just watching sports!

get urself a wii,xbox,ps3 and one of those sport games jump around naked with ur big tits bouncing away.Do it on cam too.Or else."

You're too much!

I have one, daughter bought it for me two Christmas' ago. Stood on it and it said "ouch".

"Does anyone know how to access all these school records? I thought they only went back a few years....i might have a gander "

I don't know as they closed my school ....but I have the recording of me on Sky Sports, being inter_iewed and clips being played..... when I was an international sports person representing GB

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

but it's more the cardio side that i'm missing and never really being out of breath. "

Youre not doing it right then

I loved Hockey at school and when i left i took up Squash now i do a lot of power walking. we do have a wii fit in house but never gets used !!

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Does anyone know how to access all these school records? I thought they only went back a few years....i might have a gander

I don't know as they closed my school ....but I have the recording of me on Sky Sports, being inter_iewed and clips being played..... when I was an international sports person representing GB "

thats fabulous, n a great achievement....but for me as a mere mortal not emortalised on film......how would i go about it? Thought school records were only kept for so long so how would one find out?

"Does anyone know how to access all these school records? I thought they only went back a few years....i might have a gander

I don't know as they closed my school ....but I have the recording of me on Sky Sports, being inter_iewed and clips being played..... when I was an international sports person representing GB thats fabulous, n a great achievement....but for me as a mere mortal not emortalised on film......how would i go about it? Thought school records were only kept for so long so how would one find out? "

I'm sure some of the teachers on here will be able to tell you.

love all sports but this Olympic games has been on another level

when i was a kid i was never into watching sports on tv but was out playing it near enough everyday. in school i beat my entire year in shot put

Took part in Judo for 13 years from the age of 15. Didn't get into due to school, which maybe why I kept it going until I was forced to give up due to injury when I was 28.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, and know how the Judokas for Team GB felt taking part (never played to such heady levels myself, but took part in a number of competitions over the years)

Do I miss it? Not now, but life has changed so much in the 23 years since I stopped that it's hard to remember when it Judo was such a big part of my life (12-15 hours of it a week on the mat, including teaching it) which IS a shame....

Newcastle and Gateshead

for those of you fearing an olympic hangover... the BBC have announced that they archieved every session on every sport... and it will all be available on the bbc iplayer till january 2013.....

absolutely chuffed to bit....

» Add a new message to this topic