FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Opinions

Opinions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *gent Coulson OP   Man  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Opinions are like arseholes as the saying goes, so why when you express an opinion, which at the end of the day, is how you think or view something do people take offence.

Is it because they think their view , there opinion is the only one and everybody else is wrong.

Or is just that they are twats

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It is a power thing most of the time.

Asserting their cultural or intellectual superiorities over you.

As long opinion are based on facts, intelligence, polite and without agressive intention then it’s fine. But some people don’t like to be shown they are wrong and can be very sensitive....

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Everyone thinks their own opinion is right. You wouldn't believe something you thought was wrong. Any opinion is going to have those who agree and those who disagree. Its a fact of life.

Karen has made herself well known on social media during the pandemic.

Anyone and everyone is entitled to whatever opinion they like and is free to express it however they like, I find there is a difference between wanting to express your oppinion and trying to force your oppinion on others and that is where the arguing comes in... I'm perfectly within my right to say I think the sky is green and the grass is blue and you can be leave the sky is blue and the grass is green but who are either of us to tell the other there oppinion is stupid and they should change it

By *nfin8yWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

"As long opinion are based on facts, intelligence, polite and without agressive intention then it’s fine. But some people don’t like to be shown they are wrong and can be very sensitive.... "

I agree. Sometimes it’s better to agree to differ. We don’t have to accept someone else’s opinion. But it’s where someone uses it as an excuse to make a personal attack on another person(s)that it becomes problematic.

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

But that is their opinion.

Let them believe their own opinion and walk away from it, this is only going to bait them.

We do have the right to freedom of expression......sometimes.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

If you need to ask why expressing any opinion might cause offence you need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

"Everyone thinks their own opinion is right. You wouldn't believe something you thought was wrong. Any opinion is going to have those who agree and those who disagree. Its a fact of life. "

Facts are subjective and opinions are situated and usually defending a position

I rarely take offense at people's opinions

I'm also not the type of person to challenge others either - it's a pointless waste of energy

Live and let live

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I think there is a way to express an opinion. Being deliberately heavy handed with it is not going to sit well with some and some opinions are best left unsaid.

"If you need to ask why expressing any opinion might cause offence you need to take a long hard look in the mirror. "
care to expand on that, making a statement like that without any validation seems a little one sided.

If the opinion crosses boundaries that shouldn't be crossed or is totally abhorrent then I would agree that a negative reaction or response is valid, but to be abusive to someone because you don't agree with someone valid open honest view point, is that acceptable to you

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

I don’t think I need to expand on how an opinion might be offensive.

[Removed by poster at 01/05/21 11:23:51]

the fact is you OP started a thread telling other men how they should act and behave or act on fabs.

Now your starting another thread because you didnt like the response you got.

You are in no position to tell people how to behave towards others on this or any site. which is what you did, that doesnt make people assholes it makes you one for thinking you had the right to take the moral high ground and preach.

and now your looking for validation from others because your feelings are hurt because others told you where to go.

what did you think would happen? guys patting you on the back for telling them they have been doing it wrong all the time?

you got what you deserved, a swift go fuck yourself.

and now your after sympathy. just pitiful

as i said before. your in no position to tell anyone on this site what to do.

Mind your own bloody business.

I think it's also depends how one goes about expressing that opinion. It can be done with tact, consideration for others and respect. Or it can be done without those things, which may be what causes the offence.

"the fact is you OP started a thread telling other men how they should act and behave or act on fabs.

You are in no position to tell people how to behave towards others on this or any site. which is what you did, that doesnt make people assholes it makes you one for thinking you had the right to take the moral high ground and preach.

and now your looking for validation from others because your feelings are hurt because others told you where to go.

what did you think would happen? guys patting you on the back for telling them they have been doing it wrong all the time?

Mind your own bloody business."

look I expressed my view and or opinion, which I hold to be valid, you chose to be abusive, just because I expressed my own thought in public do not give you the right to get on your high horse and be a comment that my view is wrong or invalid.

Personally I dont give a shit what you think of how I view things, or what my personal opinion is. If you didn't like what I put in the first place, you didn't need to respond, my view is my view, my thought are my thought, you are the one who took offence to it, so you know what, more fool you for being so insecure.

Is for validation of freedom of of expression, my simple response to you is do one, you dont like what someone say, pass it by and move on

No hole is too big, no dick is too small. Fabswinger

But aren't you doing the same thing in this thread by saying my opinion is right and others are wrong?

An opinion unsupported by facts is subjective (an opinion supported by facts should technically be called an argument).

Some people's opinions are their view of the world and how things work (or how things 'should' work).

Before the web many people wouldn't come up against others with widely differing opinions. Someone may lash out if they feel their worldview is being challenged which has formed a basis on how they live their life. This is not being a twat.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

[Removed by poster at 01/05/21 11:31:51]

"the fact is you OP started a thread telling other men how they should act and behave or act on fabs.

Although you could have worded your reposnse on the other thread a little less harsh I agree with most of what you say.

These are my opinions. If you don't like them I have others.

"These are my opinions. If you don't like them I have others."
please share, it's a free world, as long as your opinions dont piss people off and make themselves look like twats

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Everyone has an opinion.

It seems to be a current concept that opinions are sacred and can’t be countered or debated over, which isn’t the case. The important basis is respect.

Presenting an opinion as fact isn’t acceptable and making ad homnium attacks isn’t either but having different opinions is to be expected.

The primary issue is when a person thinks that theirs is the only right opinion and ignores or dismisses others.

There’s also a difference between having an opinion on a subject and using evidence to discuss

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Everyone has an opinion.

It seems to be a current concept that opinions are sacred and can’t be countered or debated over, which isn’t the case. The important basis is respect.

Presenting an opinion as fact isn’t acceptable and making ad homnium attacks isn’t either but having different opinions is to be expected.

The primary issue is when a person thinks that theirs is the only right opinion and ignores or dismisses others.

There’s also a difference between having an opinion on a subject and using evidence to discuss"

Agreed

Even though your opinions are always wrong and mine are right

Manchester (he/him)

There’s also a difference between having an opinion on a subject and using evidence to discuss

Agreed

Even though your opinions are always wrong and mine are right "

My opinion is that you’re just doing it to get my attention...

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Agreed

Even though your opinions are always wrong and mine are right

My opinion is that you’re just doing it to get my attention..."

Busted!

And now we have facts, the op question change completely the thread concept! You ask to validate your opinion with ours. Also not cool calling peoples twats as well...

"Everyone thinks their own opinion is right. You wouldn't believe something you thought was wrong. Any opinion is going to have those who agree and those who disagree. Its a fact of life.

Facts are subjective and opinions are situated and usually defending a position "

Surely if something is subjective then it isn't a fact?

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Everyone thinks their own opinion is right. You wouldn't believe something you thought was wrong. Any opinion is going to have those who agree and those who disagree. Its a fact of life.

Facts are subjective and opinions are situated and usually defending a position

Surely if something is subjective then it isn't a fact? "

Perhaps he meant that the interpretation of facts is subjective.

"Opinions are like arseholes as the saying goes, so why when you express an opinion, which at the end of the day, is how you think or view something do people take offence.

Is it because they think their view , there opinion is the only one and everybody else is wrong.

Or is just that they are twats"

Excuse me, I happen to like, pardon my seamens language, "twats".

In my opinion we should call them something equally nasty as they are. What about "dick cheese"?

"Opinions are like arseholes as the saying goes, so why when you express an opinion, which at the end of the day, is how you think or view something do people take offence.

Or is just that they are twats"

Way too vague a statement to even join this ‘debate’

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Opinions are good and yes, everyone have one, but not all will agree. I heard this saying which is fun and kind of is true when it comes to debating "Dont talk about, politics and religion" now one more category have been added to the list and that one is "covid", there should be an open debate where one could say both positive and negative things about it.

Manchester (he/him)

"Opinions are good and yes, everyone have one, but not all will agree. I heard this saying which is fun and kind of is true when it comes to debating "Dont talk about, politics and religion" now one more category have been added to the list and that one is "covid", there should be an open debate where one could say both positive and negative things about it."

Erm... you talk about politics and religion all the time Shag

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

B. The answer is B.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Any opinions I offer on the forums are mine but it's always amusing to see people who never offer an opinion of their own but just agree with those given by people they fancy even when those are often wildly conflicting. Sometimes even in the same thread.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"Opinions are good and yes, everyone have one, but not all will agree. I heard this saying which is fun and kind of is true when it comes to debating "Dont talk about, politics and religion" now one more category have been added to the list and that one is "covid", there should be an open debate where one could say both positive and negative things about it.

Erm... you talk about politics and religion all the time Shag "

That is right I do, but I dont usually criticise, except for brexit, which was a vote for the golden age, which I stand for it was lol

"Any opinions I offer on the forums are mine but it's always amusing to see people who never offer an opinion of their own but just agree with those given by people they fancy even when those are often wildly conflicting. Sometimes even in the same thread. "

You're so right!

Up North

"Any opinions I offer on the forums are mine but it's always amusing to see people who never offer an opinion of their own but just agree with those given by people they fancy even when those are often wildly conflicting. Sometimes even in the same thread. "

This ^^

Up North

Not This ^^

» Add a new message to this topic