FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is it in the Genes?

Is it in the Genes?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Was just reading another thread on whether the Lovely Laura Trott and some random other bloke who happens to be quite sporty (not jealous much, honestly!!) would produce gold medal winning offspring?

So I was thinking - how much of an influence in relation to physical appearance/ability are genes in reality?

Having slept through biology at school i'm no expert - so what do you lot think?

Is your dad hung like a mouse/donkey and are you eternally bitter/grateful?

Does your mum have funbags the size of melons or fried eggs?

Now i'm not suggesting you get on the phone now and ask them - but surely when a child you caught a glimpse?

And are your parents still physically fit and active or do you forsee yourselves becoming less fit and able sooner than others your age?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

My mum and dad are older parents my mum just turned 74..My dad is 10 years younger than my mum.. However she was a very sporty woman riding for the Danish dressage team as well as becoming a nurse. My dad looked like James dean in his younger day and had a great career dealing with horse poo.. trust me there is money in shit.. .

They are both still very fit for their age.. Not sure what genes I had inherited but I am the spitting image of my dad.. However I do hope I don't look like James Dean...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

genetics determine alot about you i think

"My mum and dad are older parents my mum just turned 74..My dad is 10 years younger than my mum.. However she was a very sporty woman riding for the Danish dressage team as well as becoming a nurse. My dad looked like James dean in his younger day and had a great career dealing with horse poo.. trust me there is money in shit.. .

They are both still very fit for their age.. Not sure what genes I had inherited but I am the spitting image of my dad.. However I do hope I don't look like James Dean... "

James Dean didn't have your boobs!!

"genetics determine alot about you i think "
I hope theres not lots of Jake the ripper out there if thats true . my mums 70 now looks 59 , lol

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"My mum and dad are older parents my mum just turned 74..My dad is 10 years younger than my mum.. However she was a very sporty woman riding for the Danish dressage team as well as becoming a nurse. My dad looked like James dean in his younger day and had a great career dealing with horse poo.. trust me there is money in shit.. .

They are both still very fit for their age.. Not sure what genes I had inherited but I am the spitting image of my dad.. However I do hope I don't look like James Dean...

James Dean didn't have your boobs!! "

But I don't know where I get my boobs from.. my mum has got a small chest but then she is a size 8.. My sis is a size 10 and my dad is a biggish chap trust me to be a porker like me dad...

I think physically, genes can play a large part. As I've gotten older, I notice many characteristics and appearance traits starting to mirror my dad. I'm even getting grey hair in ex's try the same way he did. He still a good looking guy even in his 60's so I'm hopeful...

My sister and my mum could be 30 year separated twins!

"genetics determine alot about you i think I hope theres not lots of Jake the ripper out there if thats true . my mums 70 now looks 59 , lol"

so is my mum and looks great one thing im thankful for on my mums side is the great aging genes

I think i certainly inherited the 'curvy' gene from my mum/grandma.. all females in our family have boobs and a bum.

Facially im the double of my dad but ive the height from my grandma (she's diddy)

The first time i met my biological dad i was 13 and was stunned how much we had in common despite never knowing him. Both had a love for tennis and discus at school and both were air cadets. Mum and my brother were into horse riding and it now appears my daughter has a massive passion for them.

Nature/Nurture... think its all very much a mix of both

also,if you have fatties for mum and dad,they are unlikely to go on active weekends and trips or encourage sport

trott and her boyfriend will be cycling so offspring will see that as the norm and will be active and sporty.

lets hope so any way

James Dean didn't have your boobs!!

But I don't know where I get my boobs from.. my mum has got a small chest but then she is a size 8.. My sis is a size 10 and my dad is a biggish chap trust me to be a porker like me dad... "

Does he have your 'moobs' though??

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

If you saw me and my mother next each other, noone would think we where related, she always really lovely clothes, goes to the gym(not been cause of ankle) they go on walking holidays.

My mum is senior receptionist at the doctors so knows many people, i also know many people, when they see us together for the first time they have known it was my mum. My mum is 67 and got her genes from my grandad.

Im just like my gran and great auntie,short and dumpy. One of my mums cousins is the spilit of my grandam and my sister is theh split of one our second cousins. Facially ive never looked like anyone.

My son is/was a fantastic cross country runner never had interest in football, hes the only one in our family(on my dads side) that took it up, yet my great grandad ran for the birchfield harriers and was choosen to go to the 1924 olypmics but couldnt go because you paid for it yourself in those days and they didn have the money

» Add a new message to this topic