FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anyone know about tax credits?

Anyone know about tax credits?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yrdwoman OP   Woman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

My darling child has finally left college and started working, so I rang up HMRC a couple of weeks ago to let them know. I've got the letter today just tidying stuff up and apparently I was overpaid £18. No problem there, but they state they will collect it from future payments. But I am no longer getting any payments. Anyone know how they'll get it off me? I'm not planning on having any more kids so it won't be that way.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"My darling child has finally left college and started working, so I rang up HMRC a couple of weeks ago to let them know. I've got the letter today just tidying stuff up and apparently I was overpaid £18. No problem there, but they state they will collect it from future payments. But I am no longer getting any payments. Anyone know how they'll get it off me? I'm not planning on having any more kids so it won't be that way. "

do you work, if you do, they might get it back through your coding

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

They will ask you to pay it back in a lump sum... I got working tax credit and had a nightmare with them as they said I was overpaid then they sent a letter saying that I was not overpaid..

They will prob just send you a payment slip that you can use at the bank

"do you work, if you do, they might get it back through your coding "

I thought that, but it clearly says they will take it out of payments made to me. As I have never ever had a tax rebate I am assuming the don't mean that way.

By *weet DevilMan  over a year ago

dukinfield

they will also possibly write it off as it will cost more in staff hours to administer

Just phone them and pay it..i think. im having so many problems with them at moment and normally on hold for 30/40 mins a time so now write to them and send it recorded delivery.

"do you work, if you do, they might get it back through your coding

I thought that, but it clearly says they will take it out of payments made to me. As I have never ever had a tax rebate I am assuming the don't mean that way."

ive never claimed them so i dont know really, i just know how they have messed up with my company car, and they adjust the code, its doing my head in lol

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"do you work, if you do, they might get it back through your coding

I thought that, but it clearly says they will take it out of payments made to me. As I have never ever had a tax rebate I am assuming the don't mean that way."

It's because they use a standard letter template.

"Just phone them and pay it..i think. im having so many problems with them at moment and normally on hold for 30/40 mins a time so now write to them and send it recorded delivery. "

That's why I asked here. It takes flippin' ages to get through to them! I think I'll wait for them to send me a payment slip. Maybe they'll forget

"Just phone them and pay it..i think. im having so many problems with them at moment and normally on hold for 30/40 mins a time so now write to them and send it recorded delivery.

That's why I asked here. It takes flippin' ages to get through to them! I think I'll wait for them to send me a payment slip. Maybe they'll forget "

a little tip for contacting the tax office, dont dial the 087 number whatever it is, dial the national number, it then thinks your from outside the country, they pick it up near enough straight away in my experience

"Just phone them and pay it..i think. im having so many problems with them at moment and normally on hold for 30/40 mins a time so now write to them and send it recorded delivery.

That's why I asked here. It takes flippin' ages to get through to them! I think I'll wait for them to send me a payment slip. Maybe they'll forget "

When you get round to paying it - i'd suggest doing it in 1p pieces!!

That's why I asked here. It takes flippin' ages to get through to them! I think I'll wait for them to send me a payment slip. Maybe they'll forget

When you get round to paying it - i'd suggest doing it in 1p pieces!! "

You're an evil evil man. I like that!

Don't worry about it, it's only £18 they will probably contact you and ask for a cheque.

Or

They will more likely forget all about it.

When you get round to paying it - i'd suggest doing it in 1p pieces!!

You're an evil evil man. I like that! "

Did it once with my council tax payment after they still dan't set the DDI up after i'd hand delivered 5 forms!

Strangely it was set up the week after!!

» Add a new message to this topic