FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mental Health

Mental Health

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I took a break from fab and other private social media platforms for some time due to personal reasons (my poor mental health). For months I was in a dark place (covid restrictions didn’t help matters that’s for sure) and tried to cover it up and pretend like nothing was the matter - this couldn’t have been any further from the truth. I eventually got myself together and spoke to those family members closest to me and instantly I felt better for speaking out and opening up to them. I focused on getting back into exercise, cutting out alcohol and bad influences in my life. Here I am back on fab again (as well as my private social media platforms) a new version of myself with my mental health in a much better place!

Reason for my post.. if anyone feels as though they are in a dark place and struggling with their own mental health then please please talk to someone (easier said than done I know) but let’s end the stigma surrounding mental health and encourage anyone to talk about it.

Thanks for taking the time to read and listen

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Great post OP, I know exactly where you are coming from as my journey has been the same, I am now coming out the other side of it

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Really good to see somebody feeling better after a low point and comfortable with being open about it.

Sometimes you got to identify what is not good for you and distance yourself from that for a while

[Removed by poster at 29/04/21 11:25:05]

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I'm glad you have come so far

By *lueeyedblonde78Woman  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Great Post xx

Mental health matters and the stigma needs to stop.

"Great post OP, I know exactly where you are coming from as my journey has been the same, I am now coming out the other side of it"

Glad to hear it! Be open and honest with yourself as well as others and you’ll get there. Stay positive

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

"I took a break from fab and other private social media platforms for some time due to personal reasons (my poor mental health). For months I was in a dark place (covid restrictions didn’t help matters that’s for sure) and tried to cover it up and pretend like nothing was the matter - this couldn’t have been any further from the truth. I eventually got myself together and spoke to those family members closest to me and instantly I felt better for speaking out and opening up to them. I focused on getting back into exercise, cutting out alcohol and bad influences in my life. Here I am back on fab again (as well as my private social media platforms) a new version of myself with my mental health in a much better place!

Reason for my post.. if anyone feels as though they are in a dark place and struggling with their own mental health then please please talk to someone (easier said than done I know) but let’s end the stigma surrounding mental health and encourage anyone to talk about it.

Thanks for taking the time to read and listen "

Hi op

Glad you spoke to family members and felt better for it. It definitely helps to talk about it.

I’m lucky in that I have a cousin who understands so we often chat about things.

Great post xx

By *nfin8yWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

An important message. Thank you for sharing.

By *.S.17Woman  over a year ago

Midlands

"I took a break from fab and other private social media platforms for some time due to personal reasons (my poor mental health). For months I was in a dark place (covid restrictions didn’t help matters that’s for sure) and tried to cover it up and pretend like nothing was the matter - this couldn’t have been any further from the truth. I eventually got myself together and spoke to those family members closest to me and instantly I felt better for speaking out and opening up to them. I focused on getting back into exercise, cutting out alcohol and bad influences in my life. Here I am back on fab again (as well as my private social media platforms) a new version of myself with my mental health in a much better place!

Hey! I’m glad you are feeling better and in a more positive frame of mind, it really is hard to open up when you want to hide away. You should be proud of yourself for making those changes to improve your health and for encouraging others to do the same! I’ve just become a qualified Mental Health First Aider through my job, and can’t stress the importance of recognition in your own achievements and overcoming/dealing with things that are affecting your health, no matter how big/small they may be.

Great post, I’m sure you will be helping people by sharing your thoughts xx

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Mental health amongst men is one of the biggest crisis. I think that you did the right thing coming of social media specially this site.

The level of rejection to men is so high and in the swinging lifestyle that if you are vulnerable, can send you down a very dark path.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good on ya for for pulling ya self out that dark place OP well done. I hope it’s onwards and upwards for ya from here on was in a similar position myself cut a few bad habits out and took a load more work on to keep me focused seems to have done the trick. Keep up the good work

By *asilyled1Man  over a year ago

ogmore valley

Brilliant news mate. It’s a crazy thing,it feels like the weight of the world is taken off your shoulders when you finally talk to someone.I came out crying in relief after opening up for the first time to a nurse.so I’m well happy for you. And to you and anyone else I’m a good listener (and funny as fuck!) so inbox always open for a chat.well done again OP

I'm glad that you've overcome your demons.

Happy to chat if anyone wants to be heard.

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

I'm so bad for opening up and sharing but I did do a couple therapy sessions a couple months ago when I was in a bit of a depression. Kinda helped though not sure it's 100% for me...I'm quite stubborn in wanting to fix myself

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Welcome back OP.

Good to see you again.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Great post

Thank you everyone for the positive messages!

Thanks for sharing, and good luck for the future.

By *imon_hydeMan  over a year ago

Stockport

This is a lovely, positive thread. I'm suffering with anxiety at the moment and it's good to read that people have worked through their issues and have come out the other side.

" For months I was in a dark place.....

- ..tried to cover it up and pretend like nothing was the matter ..

-let’s end the stigma surrounding mental health and encourage anyone to talk about it....

These are facts. A lot of people think they have to be 'brave' and put up with depression on their own, because of the fear of being stigmatised or considered weak for looking for help, but its actually so courageous to open up and look for someone to rely on and come out of the dark hole. Well done to you and thanks for sharing your journey that's kind...

Ps. You also look super sexy

" For months I was in a dark place.....

- ..tried to cover it up and pretend like nothing was the matter ..

-let’s end the stigma surrounding mental health and encourage anyone to talk about it....

Thanks for taking the time to read and listen

These are facts. A lot of people think they have to be 'brave' and put up with depression on their own, because of the fear of being stigmatised or considered weak for looking for help, but its actually so courageous to open up and look for someone to rely on and come out of the dark hole. Well done to you and thanks for sharing your journey that's kind...

Ps. You also look super sexy "

Took a lot of guys but hopefully sharing my experience helps others.

Why thank you x

"This is a lovely, positive thread. I'm suffering with anxiety at the moment and it's good to read that people have worked through their issues and have come out the other side."

well done op

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

By *oungalpha20Man  over a year ago

North West /Cumbria

The best thing I ever did for my mental state op was come away from all social media. They have a huge negative effect

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Well said.

Glad you're feeling better!

Thanks again everyone. Have a lovely bank holiday weekend x

» Add a new message to this topic