FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Need ideas to help pick myself up, after the loss of a pet

Need ideas to help pick myself up, after the loss of a pet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleMissCali OP   Woman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've had pets all my life, them dying eventually is inevitable.. I've dealt with it many times.

So why now.. after losing my latest addition to the house am I feeling so devastated. Now I'm normally good with grief. I know all the therapy etc. Normally I just get on with it

This was my little cat I'd picked up in September... he passed away this weekend after quite a battle with bowel issues. I think ( musing out loud) I'm suffering guilt that his last night I'd been working and as I needed to know if he had used the litter tray, I had him isolated from the other cats. He was really quite perky in himself that evening and was playing, eating and drinking and being affectionate .

When I got home, he had obviously taken a turn for the worse over night and within 2 hours he was being put to sleep.

I have really struggled since. Which is odd as I deal with people dying on a more regular basis than I would like and I'm okay.

But this has had me sobbing, having nightmares about the poor little thing crying out for help and being locked alone.

He had just turned 9months old...

Any ideas ... as perhaps I am just to close to to it to see a solution or a reason.

As bad as it sounds I am more upset than when I lost my mum ( but my mum was older, suffering greatly and had been so I'll for years )

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Go snuggle with the other cats

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't feel guilty, you did what you could. Cry it out. Xxxxx

"Go snuggle with the other cats

"

I'm trying but most of them aren't that snuggly and they just aren't filling that gap. He was quite the character. Even the vets surgery rang me the next day ( as I had to go to out of hours with him) and the lady was in tears x

It's heartbreaking when you lose a pet and can be as devastating as losing a family member. Allow yourself to grieve and be sad for as long as you need too.

The way I dealt with it was remembering how lucky I was to have them and have comfort knowing you gave them the best home possible.

Hope your okay OP, big hugs to you

You know I lost a kitten at 10months old and I think its the lost potential that makes it so much harder, plus sometimes they worm their way into an extra special place in our hearts.

Sending our love to you, hugs available too xx

I had a dog that was run over after I'd only had her a couple of months and I was more upset than when I lost two I'd had for over 15 years. Grief has its own logic and you should never feel guilty. In my case getting a new dog was a big help, at least her loss led to a better life for another dog. xx

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

So sorry to hear OP.

He was with you during lockdown so I'm guessing you maybe had more time to bond with him.

The Cats Protection League have a pet bereavement line.

Hug of support to you.

By *ereagainlolMan  over a year ago

Lerwick

Best thing to do is get another cat, gives you something else to focus your love on.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Shadow grief can be harder as there are so many what ifs when they are taken far too early, take one day at a time that's all you can do xxx

"Best thing to do is get another cat, gives you something else to focus your love on."
I already have 8 others..and I've already been offered other kittens .. I dont want another kitten. As its not the same

I'm afraid I cannot offer any advice as I would be a mess if I lost my pooch. He's my best friend.

Big virtual hugs to you

Her x

By *ushtakerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Possibly it’s the guilt you feel for having he she isolated during the night

You shouldn’t feel this though as you were doing the right thing as it could have been contagious and you have 8 other cats to consider

You need to work and couldn’t put your life on hold to care for them

I think many humans would appreciate the opportunity to end their life quickly and painlessly

I know my farther would have as he asked my brother to help him

Obviously he couldn’t

Just let it out and remember the nice times xx

Animals offer pure love and trust. I cried for weeks when I lost my last dog very suddenly and at a young age.

Sending you hugs.

F

x

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I will give my cats extra dreamies tonight in his memory.

» Add a new message to this topic