FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ladies only... Womens things/problems.

Ladies only... Womens things/problems.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Bit nervous about posting this as don't want a backlash but here goes....

Has anyone had Uterine Ablation done?

I've opened up my filters so I can except PM's from the ladies instead of posting on the thread.

Please don't bash me, I'm genuinely after experiences with this and want to know if worked, what it was like etc.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Following because I'm curious about this too as it could potentially be in my future.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Bit nervous about posting this as don't want a backlash but here goes....

I've opened up my filters so I can except PM's from the ladies instead of posting on the thread.

Please don't bash me, I'm genuinely after experiences with this and want to know if worked, what it was like etc. "

Had two in last 15 years due to endometriosis ... waiting for my 3rd.

Last resort before a full hysterectomy

Please don't bash me, I'm genuinely after experiences with this and want to know if worked, what it was like etc.

Last resort before a full hysterectomy "

So it's not as permanent as Dr said then. The thought of it makes me wince. Is it painful after? And does it work well?

Is it a better option that a hysterectomy? Is that a possibility too?

"Is it a better option that a hysterectomy? Is that a possibility too? "

Not sure. I guess it depends on the reason for it.

Less recovery than I hysterectomy though.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I don't have experience - but you've got my support. For whatever that might be worth.

I've had other gynaecological surgeries and my experience is that it's a uniquely frustrating area of medicine to have to interact with.

Liverpool

Last resort before a full hysterectomy "

I have endometriosis too which is why this might be in my future. I'd love a hysterectomy. Though that's not necessarily the end of things. Mine has affected my bladder and bowel so it wouldn't be for me anyway. It would solve some problems though.

"I don't have experience - but you've got my support. For whatever that might be worth.

I've had other gynaecological surgeries and my experience is that it's a uniquely frustrating area of medicine to have to interact with."

I've had so much done to me and so many miscarriages etc that I'm really tired of being messed with. It's horrible isn't it. I just want to get to and end point that works.

I have endometriosis too which is why this might be in my future. I'd love a hysterectomy. Though that's not necessarily the end of things. Mine has affected my bladder and bowel so it wouldn't be for me anyway. It would solve some problems though. "

You're so young. I'm so sorry you have to suffer all of that. I can't imagine

Liverpool

"I don't have experience - but you've got my support. For whatever that might be worth.

I've had other gynaecological surgeries and my experience is that it's a uniquely frustrating area of medicine to have to interact with.

I've had so much done to me and so many miscarriages etc that I'm really tired of being messed with. It's horrible isn't it. I just want to get to and end point that works. "

I really hope you get there!

"Is it a better option that a hysterectomy? Is that a possibility too?

Not sure. I guess it depends on the reason for it.

Less recovery than I hysterectomy though. "

True, although hopefully they will do mine laparoscopically, and remove the existing and painful scar tissue.

Liverpool

I have endometriosis too which is why this might be in my future. I'd love a hysterectomy. Though that's not necessarily the end of things. Mine has affected my bladder and bowel so it wouldn't be for me anyway. It would solve some problems though.

You're so young. I'm so sorry you have to suffer all of that. I can't imagine "

Honestly I just feel lucky to have a diagnosis at my age. Most don't until much later and so much more damage has been done.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've had so much done to me and so many miscarriages etc that I'm really tired of being messed with. It's horrible isn't it. I just want to get to and end point that works. "

I hear you. I'm fortunate that I'm now at low level ordinary indignity, the second surgery fixed anything life threatening, hopefully permanently. But I just want my reproductive system not to kill me or try to, being in agony isn't nice either, and "babies don't you love babies" isn't the fucking answer. Yes I know my own mind Mr Gynaecologist, thank you.

I’m so sorry . I hear you in wanting to get to an end point, I really do

So it's not as permanent as Dr said then. The thought of it makes me wince. Is it painful after? And does it work well?

It’s not been as permanent for me as they had hoped.

Each time they insert a marina coil for the hornone releasing but these have all failed and embedded themselves.

I have other underlining health issues from wafty bloody to a heart issue so it’s risky for me to have the hysterectomy surgery.

I also produce fibroids.. which are the ovaries doing... so it would be total hysterectomy with the cervix, womb and overies for me... which mean HRT and a higher risk or osteoporosis.

Matter of weighing up the pros, cons and risks for me.

I feel like it’s genetic tho... as my mother had the exact same as me... tried the balloon ablation a few times before ending up having to have the full op x

"

By *ultonfuncoupleCouple  over a year ago

oulton broad, suffolk

I had a balloon ablation back in 2010, for very painful and heavy periods.

It took about 6 months to feel the benefit of it, but it worked well for me. Had it under general anaesthetic. It was not painful afterwards, just a bit uncomfortable. I was signed off work for two weeks, but was able to get back to the office after just three days. I have not needed any other treatment since, it has worked well for me.

"I had a balloon ablation back in 2010, for very painful and heavy periods.

It took about 6 months to feel the benefit of it, but it worked well for me. Had it under general anaesthetic. It was not painful afterwards, just a bit uncomfortable. I was signed off work for two weeks, but was able to get back to the office after just three days. I have not needed any other treatment since, it has worked well for me."

Thanks you this is really encouraging. It wasn't explained to me that it may take a few months to feel the benefit though.

I'm still sitting on the fence on this one.

By *ultonfuncoupleCouple  over a year ago

oulton broad, suffolk

"I had a balloon ablation back in 2010, for very painful and heavy periods.

It took about 6 months to feel the benefit of it, but it worked well for me. Had it under general anaesthetic. It was not painful afterwards, just a bit uncomfortable. I was signed off work for two weeks, but was able to get back to the office after just three days. I have not needed any other treatment since, it has worked well for me.

Thanks you this is really encouraging. It wasn't explained to me that it may take a few months to feel the benefit though.

I'm still sitting on the fence on this one.

"

It should have worked quite quickly, but it took a while to work for me, possibly because i have a slightly larger than average uterus. It worked well for me and no side effects.

I really feel for you and wish you the very best of luck. Xx

» Add a new message to this topic