FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Snail Mail

Snail Mail

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *BootyfulDay OP   Woman  over a year ago

Hello sunshines, happy Saturday to you all

So, sometimes I think I should have been born a few decades ago and that I'm really an old lady in a 30 year old body One of the reasons for this is my friends always comment on the fact that I LOVE snail mail! Whether it's sending full handwritten letters with penpals or just wee cards to people and in a selfish way I do it so I may get mail sent to me hehe I know it's quicker, easier and cheaper just to text/call but hey ho!

I was thinking about it especially nowadays because my letterbox just seems to be full of political propaganda/bills/covid stuff and when you do get something special in the mail I do a wee internal (and external) happy dance!

Are there any other forumites that enjoy sending/receiving things in the post? I think I'm a little obsessed....if I'm in a shop then the first section I go straight for is the stationary section Ironically my hand writing has always been absolutely terrible from primary school BUT I still love writing wee notes and hopefully sending happiness through the mail

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Did your handwriting change over the past few years ?

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I still have my pen pal from Germany that I met when I was a young child. It makes me smile when I see the envelope with her handwriting on it. I have all of her letters in my loft

"Did your handwriting change over the past few years ? "

I wish! But no, still messy I used to get told to stay behind in school to practise but my dream for beautiful handwriting may never be

"I still have my pen pal from Germany that I met when I was a young child. It makes me smile when I see the envelope with her handwriting on it. I have all of her letters in my loft "

Oh my days I am quite jealous! I used to have ones when I was wee but lost contact and I did have one for a few years in America but a couple years ago I think it was me who stopped writing Was thinking of getting back in touch so maybe But I love that feeling seeing it in the post I never know how to store old letters, I just have them in boxes too

"Did your handwriting change over the past few years ?

I wish! But no, still messy I used to get told to stay behind in school to practise but my dream for beautiful handwriting may never be "

May I be a bit cheeky and ask you to send me a snippet of your handwriting, I'd like to see it please ?

emails are stale and lifeless.

a hand written letter expresses feelings and you can tell a lot about the sender by how it is written.

"I still have my pen pal from Germany that I met when I was a young child. It makes me smile when I see the envelope with her handwriting on it. I have all of her letters in my loft "

Actually Babs you made me remember; have you seen those programs where they have penpals who've written to each other all their life and they unite them? I saw one where two ladies had been writing to each other for 60 years and never got to meet and you saw them meeting for the first time. Very heart warming

"I still have my pen pal from Germany that I met when I was a young child. It makes me smile when I see the envelope with her handwriting on it. I have all of her letters in my loft

Oh my days I am quite jealous! I used to have ones when I was wee but lost contact and I did have one for a few years in America but a couple years ago I think it was me who stopped writing Was thinking of getting back in touch so maybe But I love that feeling seeing it in the post I never know how to store old letters, I just have them in boxes too "

You should get back in touch, a letter after a period without will be a lovely thing to do.

I just store mine in a box as well. Every once in a while I get them out and have a little read through. It’s very sweet to look back at some of the things we said

I wish! But no, still messy I used to get told to stay behind in school to practise but my dream for beautiful handwriting may never be

May I be a bit cheeky and ask you to send me a snippet of your handwriting, I'd like to see it please ? "

ooo very cheeky haha two secs

Not the mail but I use to write little love letters for my ex and hide them around the house and they go out to work for her come home from hers to find them like

Message in the curtly draw or on top off the toilet or something like that

Aw loved reading your post. I love letters too. They make such nice keepsakes

I have a letter my Dad wrote to me when I was 13, he died 25 years ago and I still like to read from time to time. Handwriting is so much more personal than typeset

"I still have my pen pal from Germany that I met when I was a young child. It makes me smile when I see the envelope with her handwriting on it. I have all of her letters in my loft

Actually Babs you made me remember; have you seen those programs where they have penpals who've written to each other all their life and they unite them? I saw one where two ladies had been writing to each other for 60 years and never got to meet and you saw them meeting for the first time. Very heart warming "

I have seen and it’s wonderful - I always shed a tear.

We did meet up some years ago when we ended up in the same area for a holiday, which was incredibly emotional. I would like to see her again though.

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

I love having pen pals! I love wiring

May I be a bit cheeky and ask you to send me a snippet of your handwriting, I'd like to see it please ?

ooo very cheeky haha two secs "

Ok so I have analysed your handwriting, this is what I do during my free time, I love graphology, and I can safely say that your handwriting reveals your love of french penises x

"emails are stale and lifeless.

a hand written letter expresses feelings and you can tell a lot about the sender by how it is written.

"

Aw Patrick that's quite true, I never thought of how you can tell things about something of how it's written!

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

"I love having pen pals! I love wiring "

Writing

"Not the mail but I use to write little love letters for my ex and hide them around the house and they go out to work for her come home from hers to find them like

Message in the curtly draw or on top off the toilet or something like that "

AW love letters are too cute! That must have been the sweetest surprise for her With my ex if I left for a weekend I'd try and have a card sent so it would arrive when I was away but I love the thought of leaving notes around the house....may steal that idea

I had a friend who used to love writing letters,so I would write letters back. Both of us had terrible handwriting but it was just about illegible

I'm going to miss them

"Aw loved reading your post. I love letters too. They make such nice keepsakes

I have a letter my Dad wrote to me when I was 13, he died 25 years ago and I still like to read from time to time. Handwriting is so much more personal than typeset

"

They really do don't they! I still have a lot of mine, sadly some from when I was a lot younger I got rid of but it's so interesting looking back and remembering those phases in your life.

That story letter from your dad just made my heart melt

Actually Babs you made me remember; have you seen those programs where they have penpals who've written to each other all their life and they unite them? I saw one where two ladies had been writing to each other for 60 years and never got to meet and you saw them meeting for the first time. Very heart warming

I have seen and it’s wonderful - I always shed a tear.

We did meet up some years ago when we ended up in the same area for a holiday, which was incredibly emotional. I would like to see her again though. "

Aw that's amazing you met her! I might just write a letter to my old penpal and if she still lives there then maybe it's meant to be

ooo very cheeky haha two secs

Ok so I have analysed your handwriting, this is what I do during my free time, I love graphology, and I can safely say that your handwriting reveals your love of french penises x"

Hmm I do enjoy drinking wine and have feelings towards French men while writing....this must be why!

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I do this too, usually nice cards just because...it's so lovely to get one back too

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I still do this with a friend from uni! I get very excited about finding nice stationery to write on. It's a bit daft because we have each other on WhatsApp and Facebook but there's something so nice about receiving a letter from him. We sometimes send gifts we know the other will like as well.

I love receiving letters, there's something very sweet about people taking the time out to write. It feels more personal, more intimate.

"Not the mail but I use to write little love letters for my ex and hide them around the house and they go out to work for her come home from hers to find them like

AW love letters are too cute! That must have been the sweetest surprise for her With my ex if I left for a weekend I'd try and have a card sent so it would arrive when I was away but I love the thought of leaving notes around the house....may steal that idea "

Yes it was at the time and never tryed that one off sending a card that idear sounds really good I may have to steal that idear from you

In fact we make a deal we can trade idears lol

"I love having pen pals! I love wiring

Writing "

Hehe it's so much fun isn't it it's how me and my best friend communicate the majority of the time...we're both rubbish at texting/phoning so instead just write

Aw Patrick that's quite true, I never thought of how you can tell things about something of how it's written! "

i got a letter which was written by an ex girlfriend from many years ago. we broke up suddenly, well truth was she just dropped off the radar and i couldnt contact her in anyway.

then months later i get this letter from her saying how she was sorry for dumping me like that but she was in hospital dying and couldnt bring herself to tell me.

she told me in the letter how much she loved me and that no one had treated her like i had.

she was asking for forgiveness i guess and i still have the letter. she must have been incredibly upset writing it, just one of them deals life throws at you.

My handwriting is atrocious however I like receiving hand written notes I think it's becoming a dying artform unfortunately xx

"I do this too, usually nice cards just because...it's so lovely to get one back too "

Hehe that's partly the reason I like to send mail

Love this post. I love handwritten cards and letters and enjoy sending them. I love it when I order silly stuff from the internet and the seller sends a little handwritten thankyou. I keep all sorts much to my husband’s annoyance. Even reading this post just made me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. Thankyou OP xx

"I still do this with a friend from uni! I get very excited about finding nice stationery to write on. It's a bit daft because we have each other on WhatsApp and Facebook but there's something so nice about receiving a letter from him. We sometimes send gifts we know the other will like as well.

I love receiving letters, there's something very sweet about people taking the time out to write. It feels more personal, more intimate."

Hehe the stationary shops are so bad for my bank...so many nice writing sets! People say that to me, like just message them but it's defo not the same!

Totally agree, I try and keep them all that I receive to look back on

I love writing and getting letters. It combines my love of stationery with my love of chatting rubbish I've had a few pen pals over the years but they've fizzled out.

AW love letters are too cute! That must have been the sweetest surprise for her With my ex if I left for a weekend I'd try and have a card sent so it would arrive when I was away but I love the thought of leaving notes around the house....may steal that idea

Yes it was at the time and never tryed that one off sending a card that idear sounds really good I may have to steal that idear from you

In fact we make a deal we can trade idears lol "

Hehe deal

Aw Patrick that's quite true, I never thought of how you can tell things about something of how it's written!

i got a letter which was written by an ex girlfriend from many years ago. we broke up suddenly, well truth was she just dropped off the radar and i couldnt contact her in anyway.

then months later i get this letter from her saying how she was sorry for dumping me like that but she was in hospital dying and couldnt bring herself to tell me.

she told me in the letter how much she loved me and that no one had treated her like i had.

she was asking for forgiveness i guess and i still have the letter. she must have been incredibly upset writing it, just one of them deals life throws at you."

Oh my days that sounds like such an emotional letter! I'm glad you got some form of answer I guess from that situation but that's very intense

In fact we make a deal we can trade idears lol

Hehe deal "

Perfect sounds like a good deal ha ha

"My handwriting is atrocious however I like receiving hand written notes I think it's becoming a dying artform unfortunately xx"

Sometimes I do think that. I just try and convert everyone into writing letters

"Love this post. I love handwritten cards and letters and enjoy sending them. I love it when I order silly stuff from the internet and the seller sends a little handwritten thankyou. I keep all sorts much to my husband’s annoyance. Even reading this post just made me smile and feel warm and fuzzy. Thankyou OP xx"

Aw you're welcome It was just something I was thinking about hehe

I think if I bought something and someone had a handwritten note attached I'd be a customer for life hehe that's too cute!

"I love writing and getting letters. It combines my love of stationery with my love of chatting rubbish I've had a few pen pals over the years but they've fizzled out. "

The stationary love is so real...I have way too much stationary but I always want more

Oh no! I get sad when that happens but I guess it's not something you can force!

she was asking for forgiveness i guess and i still have the letter. she must have been incredibly upset writing it, just one of them deals life throws at you.

Oh my days that sounds like such an emotional letter! I'm glad you got some form of answer I guess from that situation but that's very intense "

she use to drop me off at the train station when i had to leave and once i walked back just to see her leave in her car only to find she was in floods of tears. i never got to ask her why she was so distressed but the letter explained it all

I don't send many letters these days but I do write and receive quite a few postcards that catch my eye. The ones I receive I use as bookmarks and when I get an old book out it's wonderful to find those memory triggers within.

By *exyEggsCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Oh, I hear you! I love getting post. I'm not the best at letter writing but I do little cards for family and friends and sometimes wee post-its in the kids school bags or secretly in Mr's lunchbag. I still have a tiny scrap of card from a chewing gum box which Mr used to write a wee note to me on when I was upset in a public situation, many moons ago

Mrs kf x

I cherish nothing more than a thoughtful handmade card from a friend. Or even just personalised message in a book they have given me.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Haven't written a letter in decades. Closest I've come is birthday cards.

I used to write to my nana before she passed away, living over 100 miles away. I also write to my elderly auntie, I enjoy doing it, not necessarily for a letter back but so she knows I'm thinking of her. I used to write to an old friend but that stopped a few years ago.

My handwriting is neat to start off and usually a bit messy by the end of a letter!

[Removed by poster at 24/04/21 14:36:48]

"Yes I love handwritten stuff. Remember and still got handwritten notes/letters from exes. Although a few months back I did find a print-out of a love email from the early '90s.

I still write messages as though I'm writing a letter rather than having a conversation."

And I still write handwritten notes when doing techie stuff and love a decent pen and pencil.

"My handwriting is atrocious however I like receiving hand written notes I think it's becoming a dying artform unfortunately xx

Sometimes I do think that. I just try and convert everyone into writing letters "

Well I would gladly pen you a letter xx

"I don't send many letters these days but I do write and receive quite a few postcards that catch my eye. The ones I receive I use as bookmarks and when I get an old book out it's wonderful to find those memory triggers within."

oooo I was thinking of getting a new bookmark but using postcards is a good idea!

"Oh, I hear you! I love getting post. I'm not the best at letter writing but I do little cards for family and friends and sometimes wee post-its in the kids school bags or secretly in Mr's lunchbag. I still have a tiny scrap of card from a chewing gum box which Mr used to write a wee note to me on when I was upset in a public situation, many moons ago

Mrs kf x"

Aw that's too cute writing notes for lunchboxes! I think if I have kids I'll defo do that! And your Mr sounds very thoughtful

"I cherish nothing more than a thoughtful handmade card from a friend. Or even just personalised message in a book they have given me. "

Actually I have had a book gifted to me with a note in the front, I thought it was cool! Though never done it for others hmm

» Add a new message to this topic