FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Summer dresses?

Summer dresses?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've recently bought a long summer dress (and as I'm short - my mum is kindly taking it up for me).

Do you like summer dresses? Would you go for the long floaty type or do you prefer a 50s style tea dress?

Do you feel it makes you more feminine walking round, the breeze swishing it around your legs?

Do you men love seeing a pretty summer dress? We all know the easy access theory but do you find it more alluring in general?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes, there’s no finer sight to these jaded eyes

My name is Rose and I'm a dressoholic. Anyone who has seen my full friends gallery before the cull..can attest to it.

I don't have a type

I love most. Whatever suits my body shape and whatever I want to feel like that day. Different fabrics different cuts.. different prints.. all set mood in various directions. Make me move differently. I enjoy variety.

It all sounded like I wasn't talking about dresses.

By *exyEggsCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Love of dress, of any kind! All floaty and summery

Mrs kf x

Always loved the 50s look always had a think for a woman who dresses that way!

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

50s style, you'll be shocked to hear.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Floaty dresses and sandles

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

I love a floaty summer dress!

Need to dig mine out (just hope they still fit...) X

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I found out last week that there is such a thing as a buffet dress and now my life is complete

"My name is Rose and I'm a dressoholic. Anyone who has seen my full friends gallery before the cull..can attest to it.

I don't have a type

I love most. Whatever suits my body shape and whatever I want to feel like that day. Different fabrics different cuts.. different prints.. all set mood in various directions. Make me move differently. I enjoy variety.

It all sounded like I wasn't talking about dresses. "

No, I feel the same but I've shied away from dresses because I'm bigger. I have never really felt comfortable but have bought them because I keep thinking 'one day'

This year I'm going to wear them more though

By *hloevtTV/TS  over a year ago

norwich

My dresses are like my fav thing in the world, gosh I spend way to much on them but any excuse to put a short Tdress on and I'm prancing around in the sunshine loving life.

Xxx

"I found out last week that there is such a thing as a buffet dress and now my life is complete "

Never heard of that one?

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"My name is Rose and I'm a dressoholic. Anyone who has seen my full friends gallery before the cull..can attest to it.

I don't have a type

No, I feel the same but I've shied away from dresses because I'm bigger. I have never really felt comfortable but have bought them because I keep thinking 'one day'

This year I'm going to wear them more though "

Me too. I’m the same. More coz I hate my legs. I’ve bought loads recently and I’m determined to wear them

I don't have a type

This year I'm going to wear them more though "

I can check in with you on that haha

Like hi Genie.. where is the new dress pic?

I don't have a type

I can check in with you on that haha

Like hi Genie.. where is the new dress pic?"

Feel free xx

I don't have a type

Me too. I’m the same. More coz I hate my legs. I’ve bought loads recently and I’m determined to wear them "

Midi dresses I love for that. For the days of feeling self conscious a little

evesham

"I found out last week that there is such a thing as a buffet dress and now my life is complete

Never heard of that one? "

Was On the sewing bee last week. Essentially just a casual maxi dress with lots of space for food babies as you tuck in to an all you can eat buffet

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Light, floaty dresses on an attractive lady in the summer sun.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Just below the knee sundress and no knickers on a hot summers day. Something plain but feminine and very floaty.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I love dresses and wear them often...I have to be careful with the style though, anything that isn't waisted or empire line hangs from my boobs and looks like a maternity dress

Paradise, Herts

I don't have a type

Me too. I’m the same. More coz I hate my legs. I’ve bought loads recently and I’m determined to wear them

Midi dresses I love for that. For the days of feeling self conscious a little "

Yes it’s more my knees. I’ve gone for the more midi ones.

Paradise, Herts

"I love dresses and wear them often...I have to be careful with the style though, anything that isn't waisted or empire line hangs from my boobs and looks like a maternity dress "

I’ve never seen you not in a dress! x

evesham

I will always wear a dress or skirt to work etc and will often wear them at the weekends as well when I can be bothered to get dressed

I'd love to wear more pin up style but my body shape (as in big belly and no hips.... Not body size!) spent always suit.

"I love dresses and wear them often...I have to be careful with the style though, anything that isn't waisted or empire line hangs from my boobs and looks like a maternity dress "

This is exactly why I've not had long dresses. They seemed to hang off my tummy and I looked 6mths pregnant

The one I've bought is shirred at the top so only the skirt floats with two long slits to the top of the thigh.

My mum did see the splits and informed me I'm not young anymore and do I want them sewing up?

No mother!! I want to flaunt it for once!

The dress I dream of one day is silk slip on dress.. with spaghetti straps or cow neckline. Bold colour. Contouring the body.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I like them

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

"I love dresses and wear them often...I have to be careful with the style though, anything that isn't waisted or empire line hangs from my boobs and looks like a maternity dress

This is exactly why I've not had long dresses. They seemed to hang off my tummy and I looked 6mths pregnant

The one I've bought is shirred at the top so only the skirt floats with two long slits to the top of the thigh.

My mum did see the splits and informed me I'm not young anymore and do I want them sewing up?

No mother!! I want to flaunt it for once! "

Have you ever tried a wrap dress? They're so flattering...pull the waist in, accentuate your boobs, and skim over everything else

I love a summer dress, I bought 3 this week, despite not having much occasion to wear one. It's nice to feel pretty and feminine after spending all week steel toe cap boots and work trousers.

I love a cute dress... I probably have more dresses than anything else, clothing wise

"I love dresses and wear them often...I have to be careful with the style though, anything that isn't waisted or empire line hangs from my boobs and looks like a maternity dress

No mother!! I want to flaunt it for once!

Have you ever tried a wrap dress? They're so flattering...pull the waist in, accentuate your boobs, and skim over everything else "

I do like those, they look so good on a curvaceous figure, well any figure tbh. Will have to look online and see if they do them in a summer dress style x

"I love a summer dress, I bought 3 this week, despite not having much occasion to wear one. It's nice to feel pretty and feminine after spending all week steel toe cap boots and work trousers."

I agree although my winter wardrobe consisted of leggings and knee high boots. Don't think I've been out of them for months

Manchester (she/her)

Dolly and Dotty seem to have expanded their collection beyond swing and wiggle dresses - have seen some maxis (although haven't looked recently, I need new dresses like a hole in the head)

Yes.

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple  over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

I wear dresses all year round. I own zero skirts and one pair of jeans. My dress collection now takes up two wardrobes and I have no regrets

Lily

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I love summer and all the dresses! I bought a beautiful polka dot navy sheer shirt dress that I can't wait to wear with a chunky belt and sandals.

I've never found a maxi dress that suits me, I end up looking like a dowager and that's not sexy. I like wrap dresses and I wear them a lot for work because they are so simple.

I'd really like a simple knee length t-shirt dress that has a V-neck and isn't baggy, baggy is not flattering for me.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Walking through Hyde park in London on a warm summers day a couple of years ago. I noticed a bunch of women all picnicking but what really stood out was they were all wearing typical 50s style dresses. Also to top off the look, hair and makeup as well.

So classy and feminine and I wasn’t the only bloke to notice either.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Love summer dresses no knickers under them

"I love summer and all the dresses! I bought a beautiful polka dot navy sheer shirt dress that I can't wait to wear with a chunky belt and sandals.

I've never found a maxi dress that suits me, I end up looking like a dowager and that's not sexy. I like wrap dresses and I wear them a lot for work because they are so simple.

I'd really like a simple knee length t-shirt dress that has a V-neck and isn't baggy, baggy is not flattering for me. "

I'm definitely going to look out for a wrap dress. I'd just like to feel confident and not like a bag of spuds

"I like them "

With Converse?

"Walking through Hyde park in London on a warm summers day a couple of years ago. I noticed a bunch of women all picnicking but what really stood out was they were all wearing typical 50s style dresses. Also to top off the look, hair and makeup as well.

So classy and feminine and I wasn’t the only bloke to notice either. "

I bet they drew everyone's attention

The stupid thing is that a much higher percentage of men much prefer a curvier lady! I think ladies are worried about other ladies making judgement and likewise a lot of men worrying about their mates saying something! I absolutely love seeing a confident lady who has just slipped that floaty summer dress on with nothing at all underneath!

No mother!! I want to flaunt it for once! "

Bad mummy....leave those splits alone!!

I don't wear anything other than Dresses and Skirts all year round, I own zero trousers and no jeans!

I think I'm weird ha ha

By *arker secrets 321Man  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Absolutely love 50 style summer dresses either plain or floral. Women look so hot and they show women's curves and breasts off in such a sexy way .especially if they wear heals and stocking x

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"

I'm definitely going to look out for a wrap dress. I'd just like to feel confident and not like a bag of spuds "

Definitely have a look, the best ones are where you do the wrapping around part yourself, not the pre done ones if that makes sense? I do like 50s style dresses on other women but they do absolutely zero for my body shape and I feel a bit like I'm playing dress up. When I get to a size 16 maybe they will look better.

After a long winter in jumpers and coats it's a relief to wear light clothes.Have plenty of dresses i never got to wear last summer.

Manchester (she/her)

"

I'm definitely going to look out for a wrap dress. I'd just like to feel confident and not like a bag of spuds

Definitely have a look, the best ones are where you do the wrapping around part yourself, not the pre done ones if that makes sense? I do like 50s style dresses on other women but they do absolutely zero for my body shape and I feel a bit like I'm playing dress up. When I get to a size 16 maybe they will look better."

I always feel like I'm playing dress up in my dresses, if it helps - it's part of what I like.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I’ve just bought two summer dresses and they are so pretty I don’t wear dresses often but I’m happy with these

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I love seeing a woman in a sexy summer dress

By *idersMan  over a year ago

essex

Literally the best!

"

Definitely have a look, the best ones are where you do the wrapping around part yourself, not the pre done ones if that makes sense? I do like 50s style dresses on other women but they do absolutely zero for my body shape and I feel a bit like I'm playing dress up. When I get to a size 16 maybe they will look better."

Yeah just been on a few websites and most are pre done. I guess it's better to go into the shop in person x

Love a summer dress well I just love clothes in general hence why I have so much

And also Pattie lines are a short woman’s best friend

"I love a summer dress, I bought 3 this week, despite not having much occasion to wear one. It's nice to feel pretty and feminine after spending all week steel toe cap boots and work trousers."

Steel toe cap boots and work trousers look work for me as well!

Love dresses, not really in the the summer ,floaty ones although I have a couple, I prefer skater dresses. They hold everything in at the top and my bum can wobble free underneath without sticking out

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Love dresses.....too many in the wardrobe

By *ophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

Summer dresses are one of my great weaknesses... They just make me feel so happy and feminine!

"I found out last week that there is such a thing as a buffet dress and now my life is complete

Never heard of that one?

Was On the sewing bee last week. Essentially just a casual maxi dress with lots of space for food babies as you tuck in to an all you can eat buffet "

Was that the baggy style? Haven't seen this week's yet.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Love them, it's all I really wear between now and October if it's warm enough. Love a vintage style, currently got loads on watch on e bay.

Also a maxi dress that covers everything but still looks sexy.

"I love summer and all the dresses! I bought a beautiful polka dot navy sheer shirt dress that I can't wait to wear with a chunky belt and sandals.

I'd really like a simple knee length t-shirt dress that has a V-neck and isn't baggy, baggy is not flattering for me. "

I'm like a beach ball with legs. I once tried a wrap dress and it looked ok but I've got rounder since then.

Simply Be advert models always look amazing. They have wonderful figures.

I just look like someone's grandma.

I'd really like a simple knee length t-shirt dress that has a V-neck and isn't baggy, baggy is not flattering for me.

I'm like a beach ball with legs. I once tried a wrap dress and it looked ok but I've got rounder since then.

I just look like someone's grandma. "

That's exactly how I feel

I love summer dresses. Long ones, short ones. 50s 90s styles ... don't care.

Maybe it's an emotional response to a happy time in life but summer dresses just make me feel happy.

And I'm not even wearing them... makes not much sense when you think about it

By *issysbee69Woman  over a year ago

Brandenburg

I am one who likes the tank top dresses and flowy dresses and I want a long Maxi one. But I don't really go places to wear them and I am a T ShiRT and Jeans person but I will wear the tanktop ones around the house to be comfortable

Well I think stockings and heels arenevwer inappropriate!! I cannot get enough of them! x

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

I love button down summer dresses, midi style or mini with a pair of trainers, a nice relaxed vibe that can easily go from day to night with a simple change of shoes. Some maxi dresses make me feel like I’m wearing a tent I like something a little more figure hugging x

By *hloevtTV/TS  over a year ago

norwich

I'm in my garden in my newest short summer dress doing some potting, feels so pretty x

I just look like someone's grandma. "

I used to buy from Simply Be. They are so hit and miss and yes if you have hourglass figure, like most of their models, it's always easier to find a fit! Sometimes shape seems great but fabric does nothing..

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I’ve bought a navy and white spots which will suffice for work

Oh my, where do I start on this? I'll keep it brief...

I can't resist. All willpower goes out the window. It's a major turn-on. The easy access aspect is a definite bonus, but just the sight of a lady in a summer dress brings on some serious bottom lip biting. Where do I stand on the 1950s style? I have to say I'm a more of contemporary guy, but that's not to say the 1950s look is bad.

Ohhh summer dresses yum

I've just uploaded a summer dress pic.

Mrs KC

» Add a new message to this topic