FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > IGNORING

IGNORING

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LEX DUMAS OP   Man  over a year ago

WALSALL .butts near Arboretum

Why are people so IGNORANT

If someone messages you wouldn't it be easier,polite,and more time affective to just block them ,than to Ignore them???If your not interested.....

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

Not replying isn't ignorant, it's self preservation.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Here we go again....

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The site FAQS do state that no reply means no thanks.

It's frustrating we understand that but it isn't ignorant.

Or alternatively you could accept when someone doesn’t reply they aren’t interested and move on.

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

How can it be time effective when you get let's say 100 odd mails a day ....

A no reply is all the answer you need

Tights, Walsall, NHS.

In that order.

No. It would take few more clicks. Perhaps I'm just lazy. Or i need a reason. Other than being approached once. Ignoring is easier. Not necessary ignorant. I thought it through.;-)

By *elloWoman  over a year ago

alpha centauri

Nope, it's not easier due to the amount and due to resulting abuse , not saying you would but many do

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

Some get hundreds of messages a day literally imagine how long it would take to reply to them it’s not ignorant in my opinion

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"Why are people so IGNORANT

If someone messages you wouldn't it be easier,polite,and more time affective to just block them ,than to Ignore them???If your not interested....."

Want to come admin my inbox? Seriously .... it would

Take all day and when you reply no thanks invariably that leads to another message so it’s pointless.

"Here we go again...."

On my phone

Using data as I roam

Getting blocked by every profile I’ve ever known

"Here we go again...."

Anybody handing out tin hats?

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

If someone messages you wouldn't it be easier,polite,and more time affective to just block them ,than to Ignore them???If your not interested.....

Take all day and when you reply no thanks invariably that leads to another message so it’s pointless. "

I’d love to use your inbox......oh wait, you mean your ACTUAL inbox?

If someone messages you wouldn't it be easier,polite,and more time affective to just block them ,than to Ignore them???If your not interested....."

If they don't reply why don't you block them?

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

So many don't read my profile so it's an instant delete, I do state that in my profile

Why should I reply when most don't fit what I'm after.

Op just delete your sent messages then you won't know if it's deleted, nobody owed anyone a reply here.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

This comes up often on here! If u getting ignored move on! Why would u b interested in someone that ignores u anyway? X

Take all day and when you reply no thanks invariably that leads to another message so it’s pointless. "

I tried being nice. It just leads to me being misconstrued for showing interest! I can't keep explaining and rephrasing myself to someone to get them to process gentle no thanks and best of luck. Hence ignoring. Mostly.

"Here we go again....

On my phone

Using data as I roam

"

He only wants to give ladies his bone.

Suns out and away everyone goes.

Ignoring until the poem slows

It's not ignorant.

Ignoring someone and being ignorant aren't the same.

However, it's hard for women to reply to everyone, I definitely don't - it's far too time consuming to tell most people I'm not interested.

South

Take all day and when you reply no thanks invariably that leads to another message so it’s pointless.

I tried being nice. It just leads to me being misconstrued for showing interest! I can't keep explaining and rephrasing myself to someone to get them to process gentle no thanks and best of luck. Hence ignoring. Mostly. "

Exactly

Sorry you’re too you g...... age is just a number

No thanks ...... why?

I’m not looking to make new contacts just now ... oh but I’m worth it can I change your mind.

And the best one

Thanks but no thanks ...... as if I’d fuck you anyway you’re old/ugly/fat

I have suggested a feasible option for this before but, surprise surprise, it got shot down

By * Lexi xWoman  over a year ago

stockport

I’d need a PA to reply to all messages!!

"Here we go again....

On my phone

Using data as I roam

"

I sang that in my head

Maybe you could send a message to them saying IGNORANT in capital letters OP - people love getting called names and shouted at

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

OP - for many women on here it's like being stood in a room with too many men all wanting to talk to her & what's worse is that some of them are not nice about what they say.

They're may be the occasional 'nice guys', but it's overwhelming.

Just roll with it fella .. silence is a message ...

South

I’d love to use your inbox......oh wait, you mean your ACTUAL inbox? "

Haha

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I cant possibly get through the volume of messages I get from all the horny ladies on here, I have to be selective and can only reply to those that offer to shag me till I pass out

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

Loads of messages a day and when we do reply with a no thanks at best you get "why?" Then they try to persuade you to meet or at worst it awful abuse.

I can go from sexy and beautiful to an ugly fat bitch in 2 messages.

If I'm not interested its not worth the hassle.

South

"I have suggested a feasible option for this before but, surprise surprise, it got shot down "

What’s a feasible option for this?

By * Lexi xWoman  over a year ago

stockport

What’s ignorant is people not reading your profile and sending a message when the answer is on the profile!!

you can tell it’s Thursday

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Ignoring this thread does not make me ignorant.

South

"What’s ignorant is people not reading your profile and sending a message when the answer is on the profile!!

"

Yes yes yes!!!!! This!

Ha. We just play hard to get you know.. what's harder than a block. Make a new profile again and message me few times the same thing. I might change my mind.

I’ve tried being nice but gets taken that I’m interested, I say no thanks I get abuse. Can’t win so best to ignore and delete

The site could do with an option to send a quick pre-written no thank you message, and then auto-block to prevent further conversation or abuse. Quick and simple.

"Ha. We just play hard to get you know.. what's harder than a block. Make a new profile again and message me few times the same thing. I might change my mind."
oh go on, you know you want to

I beginning to see the pattern here. Perhaps the site ought to have an auto reply option.

Even better, a count that says

You are number 1,567 in the recipient’s mailbox. It may take some time, if ever, for her to tend to your message.

It would help relieve some of the tension and frustration for both parties, perhaps.

I used to think like this. Used to bother me if they opened a message and didn’t reply but kept the message.. so I used to delete them. Then once someone replied asking why I deleted it. So I told them they never replied so I gather they weren’t interested, they replied that the receive lots of messages and can’t reply to all but keep the ones they intend to.

That changed my outlook... don’t get me wrong that is only one example but has happened a few times.

Not to mention that at the end of the day no one is obligated to have to respond. Jus keep it moving.

Its easy to be ignored by strangers not so much when its someone you devote your existance to them you got it made lad

"The site could do with an option to send a quick pre-written no thank you message, and then auto-block to prevent further conversation or abuse. Quick and simple. "

Or people could learn to take no answer as a no.

You don't respond to every item of junk mail that gets pushed through your letterbox or every Nigerian Prince offering you funds via email?

No its not easier to reply.

1. No rule you have to

2. A none reply is a no

3. I text no thanks then either get sworn at or obsenities.

4. Do you reply to all the junk mail that comes in your post?

"I have suggested a feasible option for this before but, surprise surprise, it got shot down

What’s a feasible option for this? "

A match button before you’re able to send/receive with someone xx

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Hi guy but what bullshit it's in the rules and I think there a prompt to not seen to may message to one person but no answer is no thanks end of.

No where here does he ask for a reply.

Getting blocked certainly sends a message as does deleting.

Leaving it unread is a grey area especially as some women post status updates such as 'too many messages, try again'

I mean this to help the poor profiles inundated with repeat messages.

"I cant possibly get through the volume of messages I get from all the horny ladies on here, I have to be selective and can only reply to those that offer to shag me till I pass out"

That is so IGNORANT.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Is that ignorant?

Or is it more ignorant to send a random message from a stranger and expect interaction simply because you sent an unsolicited message?

It’s like people sending you junk mail then arriving at your door angry because you didn’t write back

"you can tell it’s Thursday "

Uptight people

"I used to think like this. Used to bother me if they opened a message and didn’t reply but kept the message.. so I used to delete them. Then once someone replied asking why I deleted it. So I told them they never replied so I gather they weren’t interested, they replied that the receive lots of messages and can’t reply to all but keep the ones they intend to.

That changed my outlook... don’t get me wrong that is only one example but has happened a few times.

Not to mention that at the end of the day no one is obligated to have to respond. Jus keep it moving."

the sense of entitlement is real.

OP, fancy coming and taking the time responding/blocking 4857 messages for me?

Thanks P.

"I have suggested a feasible option for this before but, surprise surprise, it got shot down

A match button before you’re able to send/receive with someone xx"

Do you really think that would work?

Men would click match to everyone.

Women would be too scared to click match for the inevitable "Ooh, we're a match, fancy a fuck?"

Might work on other sites but fab has finesse.

Ah I get ignored all the time.. at first I was like these people are cunts but now I completely understand why. it is easier to just not reply because some people can't take no or not interested for an answer and could you be bothered trying to explain why without being nasty and then 9 times out of 10 you are gonna get abuse...well from what I've experienced on here anyway.

"

It’s like people sending you junk mail then arriving at your door angry because you didn’t write back"

The image of that!

I'm feeling empathetic and reasonable today so here goes:

When you read your post back, how does it read? Does it feel petty and entitled, or does it feel like a genuine query borne of curiosity?

Bear in mind that there are a HUGE number of profiles that take a response as encouragement and continue winking and messaging after a polite refusal.

Our policy is:

If we receive a wink or message from someone who is blatantly not suitable, we block and delete. If the message is thoughtful and well written, from a verified profile, we'll respond and decline. If that prompts persistent responses ignoring our refusal or trying to change our minds, I start responding the messages, which will be traumatic for the idiot sending the messages to us.

Be careful what you wish for, a response isn't always a good idea!

If someone ignores you, block and move on. There are 1000s of profiles on fab, and some of them will want to talk to you.

"Is that ignorant?

Or is it more ignorant to send a random message from a stranger and expect interaction simply because you sent an unsolicited message?

It’s like people sending you junk mail then arriving at your door angry because you didn’t write back"

A great way of explaining the process and uncomfortably accurate!

Women would be too scared to click match for the inevitable "Ooh, we're a match, fancy a fuck?"

Might work on other sites but fab has finesse."

Men, if men are such a problem, would be kept in check by having to be matched first. So the control is in the woman’s hands and it’s in line with other dating sites. Yes I do believe it would work

If they don't reply why don't you block them? "

There’s no need to be coming up with practical solutions, far too sensible an approach if you ask me

Over 30 posts on YOUR thread Alex and you havnt replied to one of them so have you just blocked them all or are you being ignorant??????

No need to answer as the answer is right there in plain sight.!!!

T

I like rusty spoons

"Is that ignorant?

It’s like people sending you junk mail then arriving at your door angry because you didn’t write back

A great way of explaining the process and uncomfortably accurate!"

Nail on the head

By the way my cousin who is a Nigerian Prince has been in terrible accident and needs some funds to tide him over until his inheritance comes in.

Easy solution, message them and then delete, you dont know if it's been read or deleted or just ignored, if someone replies great, if they don't, don't worry about it

Who's the DUMAS now eh?

Unless this is all a wind up.

Oh God - it's so confusing sometimes.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"What’s ignorant is people not reading your profile and sending a message when the answer is on the profile!!

"

Totally this!! Well said

Might steal this and add to my profile

Your piss in wind with this subject fella lol

Feels like we've been here before I'm having de ja vu, anybody else feel the same.

Op nobody owes you anything on this site, drop the ENTITLEMENT....otherwise you'll be sorely disappointed

There's always some reason to be "ignorant". But you don't need to know it.

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

We just block them if they dont reply once they read the messages.

Dont take long to reply.

If they don't reply why don't you block them?

There’s no need to be coming up with practical solutions, far too sensible an approach if you ask me "

I knew it was a ridiculous idea as soon as I posted it.

"Feels like we've been here before I'm having de ja vu, anybody else feel the same.

Op nobody owes you anything on this site, drop the ENTITLEMENT....otherwise you'll be sorely disappointed "

No, what do you mean. I’m new here.

Why not do what hundreds of other lazy males do..

Send message which clearly demonstrates you couldnt be bothered to read our profile and ask us a boring generic question.

We will be happy to simply not respond and move on...

Yr welcome..

"Feels like we've been here before I'm having de ja vu, anybody else feel the same.

Op nobody owes you anything on this site, drop the ENTITLEMENT....otherwise you'll be sorely disappointed

No, what do you mean. I’m new here. "

Youll learn then young padowan

I don't see most of my messages, so definitely wouldn't go one by one opening and deleting them all. wasting time trying to filter them all, I have other things to do with my day/night.

Most are "you wanna shag" or along them lines anyway.

Just remember people have other things going on, they aren't just sat in cyberspace awaiting you to grace their DMs.

No, what do you mean. I’m new here.

Youll learn then young padowan "

I feel the force building in me, Master Jedi.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Ahhh but if we block the people's messages, then there will be 50 whiney forum threads a day about getting blocked all the time.

You really can't win on here. If you don't block you are ignorant, if you do block you are ignorant, if you don't reply you are ignorant, are you getting my point

"Why not do what hundreds of other lazy males do..

Send message which clearly demonstrates you couldnt be bothered to read our profile and ask us a boring generic question.

We will be happy to simply not respond and move on...

Yr welcome.."

Hello, how is your day? Thanks for your lovely post. I loved reading it.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"The site could do with an option to send a quick pre-written no thank you message, and then auto-block to prevent further conversation or abuse. Quick and simple. "

It’a a nice idea in many ways, but even doing that 20, 50, 100 times a day would be way too tedious and time-consuming.

Ahhh but if we block the people's messages, then there will be 50 whiney forum threads a day about getting blocked all the time.

You really can't win on here. If you don't block you are ignorant, if you do block you are ignorant, if you don't reply you are ignorant, are you getting my point "

Is your point ignorant

Disagree. It's far easier to ignore.

I wonder how many people reading this are going to give Alex a pre-emptive block?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Might work on other sites but fab has finesse.

Men, if men are such a problem, would be kept in check by having to be matched first. So the control is in the woman’s hands and it’s in line with other dating sites. Yes I do believe it would work"

Except it doesn't does it. Bumble has this process but just because you like the look of someone based on a cursory glance at a profile doesn't mean you definitely want to meet them and doesn't mean that any messages sent/received are of any better quality and deserving of a reply.

All getting matches would do would increase people's sense of entitlement.

By *Ci LutherMan  over a year ago

Taunton

As a single guy a polite no thanks goes a long way especially when you feel you meet all the criteria

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"As a single guy a polite no thanks goes a long way especially when you feel you meet all the criteria "

When You feel.....

Seriously, why is an inbox full of no thank you any good for anyone?

By *Ci LutherMan  over a year ago

Taunton

"As a single guy a polite no thanks goes a long way especially when you feel you meet all the criteria

When You feel.....

Seriously, why is an inbox full of no thank you any good for anyone? "

Full ! I sound be so lucky...Not like I’m messaging everyone...

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Op do you reply to all the junk mail you recieve at home ?

My guess is you don't so on here is no different

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

You really can't win on here. If you don't block you are ignorant, if you do block you are ignorant, if you don't reply you are ignorant, are you getting my point

Is your point ignorant "

Don't know Hun, you tell me?

"As a single guy a polite no thanks goes a long way especially when you feel you meet all the criteria "

Too many single guys mis-interpret the words "no thanks" for "send us another 20 messages and we will stop what we are doing and fuck you right now"

Easy mistake to make ..

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Some people reply, some don't. If you accept this your time on the site could be more enjoyable