FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I put my foot in...

I put my foot in...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It!

The times you said something in the forum and people didn't quite get your meaning.

It all backfires and you feel sheepish

Have you ever done this? Do you type then think later? I often type well meaning posts then feel a divvy when it comes across as pretentious (which I'm not)

Do you scrutinise each post before clicking 'post' or do you just put everything down that's in your head and hope for the best?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"It!

The times you said something in the forum and people didn't quite get your meaning.

Have you ever done this? Do you type then think later? I often type well meaning posts then feel a divvy when it comes across as pretentious (which I'm not)

Do you scrutinise each post before clicking 'post' or do you just put everything down that's in your head and hope for the best? "

I spend my life thinking I should have shut up ten minutes ago

"It!

Do you scrutinise each post before clicking 'post' or do you just put everything down that's in your head and hope for the best?

I spend my life thinking I should have shut up ten minutes ago "

Yeah same here

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I used to post as I speak. I censor myself all too often these days.....

It makes many experiences fairly phoney , less meaningful and like avoiding tripwires.......

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I mostly let it flow. Unless someone is sharing something deep, personal... I'll just type and press send.

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

Fire and forget

King's Crustacean

"Fire and forget "

That's what the rats said ........ the rest is leptospirosis

A few times but this one makes me feel better for being honest about acknowledging I may say something on here, with the fact you don’t know me well enough to know how I’m saying something.

Other times I look back and think why didn’t I just keep scrolling... I’m blaming lockdown.

I do it on purpose. just to see what reaction it generates.

I love being the forum's most hated

I do it all the time, and not just on forums.

Facebook, Twitter, real life, etc,

All. The. Time.

Okehampton

"Fire and forget

That's what the rats said ........ the rest is leptospirosis"

Should we care though granny? They are always the first to leave a sinking ship which makes them mercenary in my eyes...#notallrats

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Christ I do it all the time

"I mostly let it flow. Unless someone is sharing something deep, personal... I'll just type and press send. "

Pretty much this. I'll check for spellings and that it sort of makes sense or reads well on occasion.

King's Crustacean

"Fire and forget

Should we care though granny? They are always the first to leave a sinking ship which makes them mercenary in my eyes...#notallrats"

I've always admired their understanding of buoyancy and quick release of lifeboats....... #justmostrats

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

To be honest most of my postings are probably pretentious, I came to terms with that a long time ago.

I post as I think most of the time. I do read it through sometimes, particularly if it's on a potentially emotionally sensitive topic.

I'm trying to not overthink it for the most part, your posts can be wilfully misunderstood or explained if you feel you should.

Yeah I am very guilty of just type and send.

Then I look at the responses and it's totally not what I meant.

I sometimes think my brain doesn't exactly engage what I'm meaning to say. Maybe the wrong choice of words?

King's Crustacean

"I mostly let it flow. Unless someone is sharing something deep, personal... I'll just type and press send.

Pretty much this. I'll chick for spoolings and that it sort of fakes sense or reads will on my moccassins."

Good man!

Okehampton

"Fire and forget

Should we care though granny? They are always the first to leave a sinking ship which makes them mercenary in my eyes...#notallrats

I've always admired their understanding of buoyancy and quick release of lifeboats....... #justmostrats"

#grannywisdom now trending on twatterbatter

King's Crustacean

"To be honest most of my postings are probably pretentious, I came to terms with that a long time ago.

I post as I think most of the time. I do read it through sometimes, particularly if it's on a potentially emotionally sensitive topic.

I'm trying to not overthink it for the most part, your posts can be wilfully misunderstood or explained if you feel you should."

Nah ....... Nah ........

"Fire and forget

I've always admired their understanding of buoyancy and quick release of lifeboats....... #justmostrats

#grannywisdom now trending on twatterbatter "

Always granny wisdom.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"To be honest most of my postings are probably pretentious, I came to terms with that a long time ago.

I'm trying to not overthink it for the most part, your posts can be wilfully misunderstood or explained if you feel you should.

Nah ....... Nah ........ "

What's nah nah Grannah?

King's Crustacean

"Yeah I am very guilty of just type and send.

Then I look at the responses and it's totally not what I meant.

I sometimes think my brain doesn't exactly engage what I'm meaning to say. Maybe the wrong choice of words? "

I find that interesting Pink.

1. People don't READ.

2. People don't COMPREHEND.

3. People focus on one word.

4. People knee jerk.

5. People misquote and defend a point that wasn't made.

Maybe it's not you .......it's them.

King's Crustacean

Nah ....... Nah ........

What's nah nah Grannah? "

I've never found your posts pretentious. Maybe i'm not looking hard enough

Yup.

Not just in forums, but life in general Px

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I often open my mouth before I engage my brain, have done it a few time in forum, and sometimes gets me into trouble in the real world x

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Oh all the time!!

But I'd rather be true and honest, it's not for everyone but for those that know me and my story know that I'm not mean, I'm just honest. Too honest I think xx

I think a little about what I put down but I’m reticent in person as well. I feel some here are a little forthright in their opinion rather than letting everyone air theirs without prejudice.

Stand your ground. It is healthy debate.

"Yup.

Not just in forums, but life in general Px "

Same. I need learn to stand back and think!

Basingstoke

"Yup.

Same. I need learn to stand back and think! "

Isn't it more fun to be just as surprised as others by what comes out your mouth though? xx

"I mostly let it flow. Unless someone is sharing something deep, personal... I'll just type and press send.

Pretty much this. I'll chick for spoolings and that it sort of fakes sense or reads will on my moccassins.

Good man!"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

You'd think I would know better by now not to jump in and say what's in my head, but NO.

I now try stay away from arguments - best for all concerned.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I find recently that I post things and people take issue with specific words, which I’m expected to roll over on for their connotations but if I take issue with others posts, that’s my issue to deal with...

If I cause offence then I apologise but it seems that others would rather argue semantics.

I’m a little lost as to how best to proceed at times.

I feel as though people have a very skewed vision of the person that I am currently and I’d rather people actually discussed issues with me personally than nit picking.

"Yup.

Isn't it more fun to be just as surprised as others by what comes out your mouth though? xx"

wey aye course it is

the mood im in, we all about to be shook with what's coming out my fuming little mouth

"Oh all the time!!

But I'd rather be true and honest, it's not for everyone but for those that know me and my story know that I'm not mean, I'm just honest. Too honest I think xx"

Exactly, I'd never post mean things but as Granny said earlier, maybe it's how they read it, which is definitely not how I meant it.

Forums can be a challenge for some of us

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Oh all the time!!

But I'd rather be true and honest, it's not for everyone but for those that know me and my story know that I'm not mean, I'm just honest. Too honest I think xx"

No such thing!

Okehampton

"

I find recently that I post things and people take issue with specific words, which I’m expected to roll over on for their connotations but if I take issue with others posts, that’s my issue to deal with...

If I cause offence then I apologise but it seems that others would rather argue semantics.

I feel as though people have a very skewed vision of the person that I am currently and I’d rather people actually discussed issues with me personally than nit picking. "

Sometimes people just don’t like you chap, they will treat your words differently based on that bias. You could say exactly the same thing as someone else and yet get “chastised” for it. The nice thing is that this is usually quite transparent and ultimately ignorable. Trying to defend yourself is foolish, sigh, shrug shoulders, walk on, you won’t win and even if you somehow do, you will look more of an arse for doing so.

[Removed by poster at 22/04/21 13:10:58]

Not that I know off

A lot of the time people think I'm being serious when I'm being serious.

Forget the smiley and your blocked

Nope

The issue of ‘causing offence’ is, sometimes, due to the ‘sensitivity’ of the one who feels aggrieved by it.

I’m short but I’m not going to feel aggrieved by a debate where someone has an opinion that short people are less desirable than tall ones. It is what it is, an opinion that person and others hold but I know others don’t hold that opinion.

Basingstoke

"Oh all the time!!

But I'd rather be true and honest, it's not for everyone but for those that know me and my story know that I'm not mean, I'm just honest. Too honest I think xx

Exactly, I'd never post mean things but as Granny said earlier, maybe it's how they read it, which is definitely not how I meant it.

Forums can be a challenge for some of us "

Very true xx

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Fire and forget "

This is the only way, occasionally reflect if I’ve been very unreasonable but in general life is too short to worry and overanalyse over things no one remembers or cares much about

Basingstoke

"Yup.

Isn't it more fun to be just as surprised as others by what comes out your mouth though? xx

wey aye course it is

the mood im in, we all about to be shook with what's coming out my fuming little mouth "

Remind me not to go drinking with you!! xx

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Often and it’s very frustrating. I will always challenge points of view that I consider may have another side and no offence is meant through my words, but people often huff at simple conversation or debate. I speak less and less as I can’t be arsed with other peoples over the top reactions.

Basingstoke

"Often and it’s very frustrating. I will always challenge points of view that I consider may have another side and no offence is meant through my words, but people often huff at simple conversation or debate. I speak less and less as I can’t be arsed with other peoples over the top reactions. "

WHOS OVER THE TOP? WHAT YOU SAYING LASS??

By *exyEggsCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"It!

Do you scrutinise each post before clicking 'post' or do you just put everything down that's in your head and hope for the best? "

I'd be willing to bet most other people don't view it like that, but to you, it seems like a big thing I can be guilty of overthinking at times, I certainly was when I started using the forums, but now I go more with a stream of consciousness and hit post. If people have got the wrong end of the stick, then we take it from there. Doesn't make you a divvy.

Mrs kf x

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

"Often and it’s very frustrating. I will always challenge points of view that I consider may have another side and no offence is meant through my words, but people often huff at simple conversation or debate. I speak less and less as I can’t be arsed with other peoples over the top reactions.

WHOS OVER THE TOP? WHAT YOU SAYING LASS??

"

By *exyEggsCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"

I feel as though people have a very skewed vision of the person that I am currently and I’d rather people actually discussed issues with me personally than nit picking. "

Do you find your reaction to others changes depending on your mood? I definitely do There's been a lot of discussion around the use of words and their connotations. To me, it's part and parcel of how we relate to others, and carries more weight on here than face to face, so I can understand the conversation. I don't post as much as you, though, or start as many in depth threads, which do tend to bring out strong opinions.

Mrs kf x

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Those who matter don't mind, those who mind don't matter

» Add a new message to this topic