FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wildlife

Wildlife

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ilburnlad OP   Man  over a year ago

Hatton

Good Morning,

Whenever I see random wildlife whilst I'm sat at work it makes my day.

So far I've seen a wild rabbit, 3 Robins and a squirrel.

It's the small things in life that make you smile.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Any sign of Basil?

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

Sat at traffic lights and just seeing birds scuffling around in the hedges or birds singing in any trees, makes me smile.

Hatton

"Any sign of Basil?"

Sadly, no. My father did see one this morning though

Hatton

"Sat at traffic lights and just seeing birds scuffling around in the hedges or birds singing in any trees, makes me smile."

I love listening to birdsong on a morning stroll, makes me at peace.

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"Sat at traffic lights and just seeing birds scuffling around in the hedges or birds singing in any trees, makes me smile.

I love listening to birdsong on a morning stroll, makes me at peace. "

Bird song is good for the soul

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A quarry I’ve been in has sandmartins that return every year and then a Merlin turns up to prey on them once they’ve nested.

There’s also a barn owl at twighlight and a nesting pair of ravens on the dust tower.

It’s a great place

Hatton

"Sat at traffic lights and just seeing birds scuffling around in the hedges or birds singing in any trees, makes me smile.

Bird song is good for the soul "

It really is. Makes me chipper

By *atcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

This may seem odd to some but here goes: I got up the other day at 04:50 just to hear the dawn chorus. Fantastic. Then I did a 15 mile cycle ride through our countryside, saw a large hare, a deer, a profusion of primroses and cowslips in the ditches and verges and counted at least 7 different bird song.

Sad I know but lovely.

Hatton

"A quarry I’ve been in has sandmartins that return every year and then a Merlin turns up to prey on them once they’ve nested.

There’s also a barn owl at twighlight and a nesting pair of ravens on the dust tower.

It’s a great place "

That's amazing.

I was driving up in the peak district near a place called Mam Tor and saw a falcon just perched on a sign, it was magnificent.

Hatton

"This may seem odd to some but here goes: I got up the other day at 04:50 just to hear the dawn chorus. Fantastic. Then I did a 15 mile cycle ride through our countryside, saw a large hare, a deer, a profusion of primroses and cowslips in the ditches and verges and counted at least 7 different bird song.

Sad I know but lovely."

Not sad in the slightest. Sounds like a great morning.

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I spend about an hour on the train going to work each day. In the fields either side of the railway I see just about every kind of wildlife every day which makes the journey a bit more enjoyable. Often I will see deer or foxes and will look around the carriage to see if anyone else has seen them too but 99.99% are staring at their smartphones like zombies. This I find very sad

"A quarry I’ve been in has sandmartins that return every year and then a Merlin turns up to prey on them once they’ve nested.

It’s a great place

That's amazing.

I was driving up in the peak district near a place called Mam Tor and saw a falcon just perched on a sign, it was magnificent. "

Gorgeous place my go to head clearing space. You should try Higger Tor amazing views too

Hatton

"I spend about an hour on the train going to work each day. In the fields either side of the railway I see just about every kind of wildlife every day which makes the journey a bit more enjoyable. Often I will see deer or foxes and will look around the carriage to see if anyone else has seen them too but 99.99% are staring at their smartphones like zombies. This I find very sad "

That is very sad but kinda makes it extra special that you might be the only one in that carriage to see them.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

My home office overlooks the garden. I have a few bird feeders and there are always some visitors. Also a hanging bird table, bird bath and ground water tray. It really is nice to see the plants developing.

Hatton

It’s a great place

That's amazing.

I was driving up in the peak district near a place called Mam Tor and saw a falcon just perched on a sign, it was magnificent.

Gorgeous place my go to head clearing space. You should try Higger Tor amazing views too "

I was actually look at that the other day. Definitely want to head back that way in the next coming weeks. Love driving through chatsworth estate and seeing all deer and sheep.

I took a great pic the other day of a Ewe and two sleepy lambs basking in the sun. Shame I can't post it.

Hatton

"My home office overlooks the garden. I have a few bird feeders and there are always some visitors. Also a hanging bird table, bird bath and ground water tray. It really is nice to see the plants developing."

That does sound amazing. Ever get any hedgehogs coming out?

It’s a great place

That's amazing.

Gorgeous place my go to head clearing space. You should try Higger Tor amazing views too

I was actually look at that the other day. Definitely want to head back that way in the next coming weeks. Love driving through chatsworth estate and seeing all deer and sheep.

I took a great pic the other day of a Ewe and two sleepy lambs basking in the sun. Shame I can't post it. "

yeah the animal thing is nuts

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Bird song is good for the soul "

Couldn't agree more!

Hatton

Bird song is good for the soul

Couldn't agree more!"

It can be a beautiful world.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I have or now had a beautiful little female Muntjac living in a bramble thicket in he field next door.

She used to walk right underneath my bedroom window to get to it. And I believe she was pregnant the last time I saw her.

The local dick of a counsellor started to walk his dogs down the set aside miles away from the footpath ostensibly to check a water course and they have chased the poor thing away if not worse.

Any Wombles??

Hatton

"I have or now had a beautiful little female Muntjac living in a bramble thicket in he field next door.

She used to walk right underneath my bedroom window to get to it. And I believe she was pregnant the last time I saw her.

The local dick of a counsellor started to walk his dogs down the set aside miles away from the footpath ostensibly to check a water course and they have chased the poor thing away if not worse. "

What a wanker!

Hatton

"Any Wombles?? "

Haha! I'll keep an eye out.

My dad has bat's living in his attic, he watches them fly at night. So cute

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

"My home office overlooks the garden. I have a few bird feeders and there are always some visitors. Also a hanging bird table, bird bath and ground water tray. It really is nice to see the plants developing.

That does sound amazing. Ever get any hedgehogs coming out? "

Yes I have a male/female pair visiting. They appeared in late Summer last year. I setup a garden cam and they are here every night after waking from hibernation. Hope to see hoglets soon.

A saw a rabid postmant being chased by a milkmans wife as he went to help the paperboy change the rag n bone mans cart wheel

I often ride down to Alton in Hampshire.

There is a field which seems to be owned by a hawk. He sits on the fence by the dual carriageway and is such a beautiful bird to look at.

Eyes focused on the field amazing to see

» Add a new message to this topic