FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pickyness

Pickyness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone feel that some people may be a bit too picky and judge a book by its cover

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

People are allowed to judge however they want, just accept it

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Sadly that is called preference, everyone has them

I can understand that one but it's just a general question not put it up to spite anyone

I am more wary of those who are not picky at all..

Yes very true

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We're picky, but not too picky or we'd never have met anyone.

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

It’s a “stuff a nob in a vag” site. The cover is all that matters

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Why do you think people may be "picky"?

Genuine question.

Let's have an open, honest and frank discussion about it.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No.

"Why do you think people may be "picky"?

Genuine question.

Let's have an open, honest and frank discussion about it."

Because they have preferences on profiles... or maybe don’t answer every single message xx

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

No, I think most people know what they want and like.

I'm very picky. I can't decide if it's good or bad. But I do think sometimes going by a photo isn't ideal, as I'm sure there are some guys who just take bad photos and if I'd met them in person and seen more of their personality I'd probably be attracted to them!

I'm just curious to know what a women's type is, I can understand that everyone will message a woman and fill there inbox, but as I have stated this is not to spite anyone it is purely a question

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm just curious to know what a women's type is, I can understand that everyone will message a woman and fill there inbox, but as I have stated this is not to spite anyone it is purely a question "

Which woman?

"I'm just curious to know what a women's type is, I can understand that everyone will message a woman and fill there inbox, but as I have stated this is not to spite anyone it is purely a question "

It's a question you can direct at individual woman. Not one party trick which works for all?

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

No its about chemistry

By *ex-BombsCouple  over a year ago

Flitwick

Personally we only tend to play with couples but a big no for me (Mrs) is anyway who is pushy, no manners and is ott

I’m just damn awkward lol picky have preferences so I suppose some blokes are more picky than lady’s

I meant to put all women I know that alot of men haggle you on you're inbox and that everyone does generally get fed up with it, all I'm trying to do is find out what a woman will look for, in a man or woman preferences, even if it is purely a general chat does it always have to be about sex? Or am I taking this too far

shits creek

"I'm very picky. I can't decide if it's good or bad. But I do think sometimes going by a photo isn't ideal, as I'm sure there are some guys who just take bad photos and if I'd met them in person and seen more of their personality I'd probably be attracted to them! "

Do you think that maybe a badly taken photo gives the impression of laziness perhaps? Or maybe lacks imagination? I feel that I may not take a good picture, but I can make effort with the photo, or incorporate personality into it to make it more representative of me or at least representative of thought and effort.

Manchester (she/her)

"I meant to put all women I know that alot of men haggle you on you're inbox and that everyone does generally get fed up with it, all I'm trying to do is find out what a woman will look for, in a man or woman preferences, even if it is purely a general chat does it always have to be about sex? Or am I taking this too far"

We're not the Borg. Different women like different things

By *arte_Blanche_NECouple  over a year ago

Northern

"Does anyone feel that some people may be a bit too picky and judge a book by its cover "

On here we would have to disagree, allowing someone into your sex life isn’t a light decision so being picky isn’t a problem for us and we have no expectations that anyone else would want to play with us x

Too picky? Nope, you like what you like!

If she wants a 6'8" guy with 24 freckles on his body, 1 hip tattoo, 2 piercings, green eyes and salt and pepper hair, why not!

shits creek

"I meant to put all women I know that alot of men haggle you on you're inbox and that everyone does generally get fed up with it, all I'm trying to do is find out what a woman will look for, in a man or woman preferences, even if it is purely a general chat does it always have to be about sex? Or am I taking this too far"

You know we're individuals right?

And, to really confuse you, the same woman may look for one thing one day and something different the next.

"I'm very picky. I can't decide if it's good or bad. But I do think sometimes going by a photo isn't ideal, as I'm sure there are some guys who just take bad photos and if I'd met them in person and seen more of their personality I'd probably be attracted to them!

Do you think that maybe a badly taken photo gives the impression of laziness perhaps? Or maybe lacks imagination? I feel that I may not take a good picture, but I can make effort with the photo, or incorporate personality into it to make it more representative of me or at least representative of thought and effort."

Yeah that's a good point. I do appreciate someone who puts a bit of effort in. I'm sure I've turned down guys on here that I'd probably chat to in 'real life' in a pub though.

shits creek

I'll add that if the cover reads something I'm not interested in, I ain't reading the book.

Nope. If we are going to invite people into our home and into our bed then we will certainly be picky.

I can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t be tbh.

V

Yes I know that you are all individuals, I'm not saying that every woman is the same, I'm just saying that women are strong know what they want, and they work hard women are at the top in my opinion (sorry gentlemen) and I respect women, I'm not trying to pick anyone out or anything like that I don't mean any offence and if anyone had been offended I would like to apologise

shits creek

"I'm very picky. I can't decide if it's good or bad. But I do think sometimes going by a photo isn't ideal, as I'm sure there are some guys who just take bad photos and if I'd met them in person and seen more of their personality I'd probably be attracted to them!

Do you think that maybe a badly taken photo gives the impression of laziness perhaps? Or maybe lacks imagination? I feel that I may not take a good picture, but I can make effort with the photo, or incorporate personality into it to make it more representative of me or at least representative of thought and effort.

Yeah that's a good point. I do appreciate someone who puts a bit of effort in. I'm sure I've turned down guys on here that I'd probably chat to in 'real life' in a pub though. "

I'm the same. In person there's nuance, eye twinkle, but most of all vibe.

Yeah that's a good point. I do appreciate someone who puts a bit of effort in. I'm sure I've turned down guys on here that I'd probably chat to in 'real life' in a pub though.

I'm the same. In person there's nuance, eye twinkle, but most of all vibe."

So true. A cheeky grin goes such a long way with me, and hard to capture in a photo!

shits creek

"Yes I know that you are all individuals, I'm not saying that every woman is the same, I'm just saying that women are strong know what they want, and they work hard women are at the top in my opinion (sorry gentlemen) and I respect women, I'm not trying to pick anyone out or anything like that I don't mean any offence and if anyone had been offended I would like to apologise "

If you press reply + quote just under the comment you're replying to it'll make the thread easier to flow and follow

"Yes I know that you are all individuals, I'm not saying that every woman is the same, I'm just saying that women are strong know what they want, and they work hard women are at the top in my opinion (sorry gentlemen) and I respect women, I'm not trying to pick anyone out or anything like that I don't mean any offence and if anyone had been offended I would like to apologise

If you press reply + quote just under the comment you're replying to it'll make the thread easier to flow and follow

"

thank you

shits creek

What do you constitute as picky OP?

couldn't give 2 hoots what others think to be honest im here for me and my hubs and i pick who i want to play with ..if thats deemed as picky then im fine with that been swinging nearly 28 years on fab and other sites before how i choose works for me how others pick works for them

and i have to agree with what someone else said ..i worry about those that are not picky i stay clear of them

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Sadly that is called preference, everyone has them"

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Yes, people are picky on here and there's nothing wrong with that. We like who we like, it's a thing that's really hard to put your finger on. We know what works and we know it when we see it.

Hope that helps.

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

"Why do you think people may be "picky"?

Genuine question.

Let's have an open, honest and frank discussion about it."

I am picky , I’ll admit that and make no apologies for it .

Not because “I’m worth it , deserve it” and such like but because I know what I like , what ticks my boxes and anything less would be a disappointment.

And I own a couple of vibrators for in the meantime

"What do you constitute as picky OP? "
I'm not sure it's just I've messaged a few people and have been turned down, I think I just want to have a conversation with someone, it doesn't have to lead to sex just a general conversation, to see what the person is like

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

It's only "too picky" if it's negatively affecting their own experience. If they're happy then it's all good.

shits creek

I'm the same. In person there's nuance, eye twinkle, but most of all vibe.

So true. A cheeky grin goes such a long way with me, and hard to capture in a photo!"

And is one of the reasons it gives me itchy tits when people moan they get no interest or meets etc when all they have to do is get off their arses and head to an organised social or club. Granted they may not get sex out of it, but they may make connections, or ..... friends!

"Yes, people are picky on here and there's nothing wrong with that. We like who we like, it's a thing that's really hard to put your finger on. We know what works and we know it when we see it.

Hope that helps. "

I can understand that there is nothing wrong with it and thank you

shits creek

"What do you constitute as picky OP? I'm not sure it's just I've messaged a few people and have been turned down, I think I just want to have a conversation with someone, it doesn't have to lead to sex just a general conversation, to see what the person is like "

Why does that need to be done in private? We're having a group conversation here now.

I barely talk to people via my inbox.

Whilst I dont have a problem with pickiness, I do have a problem with the idea that if you dont have any set type or you will sleep with someone not perceived by them as 'conventionally' attractive, then you have no standards and will sleep with anyone.

It speaks to their shallow nature and vanity really and I just wish people were a bit better.

The irony is I wouldnt sleep with anyone who thinks like that, regardless of physical beauty, so they dont even hit my 'low standards' lol. There are a huge amount of ladies like that here and its a bit grim.

"What do you constitute as picky OP? I'm not sure it's just I've messaged a few people and have been turned down, I think I just want to have a conversation with someone, it doesn't have to lead to sex just a general conversation, to see what the person is like

Because I always thought that it would have to be inbox only I know it sounds silly and I feel like an idiot to be honest, but seeing it now having a group discussion has made me realise that it's not all bad, thank you

Why does that need to be done in private? We're having a group conversation here now.

I barely talk to people via my inbox."

shits creek

"Whilst I dont have a problem with pickiness, I do have a problem with the idea that if you dont have any set type or you will sleep with someone not perceived by them as 'conventionally' attractive, then you have no standards and will sleep with anyone.

It speaks to their shallow nature and vanity really and I just wish people were a bit better.

The irony is I wouldnt sleep with anyone who thinks like that, regardless of physical beauty, so they dont even hit my 'low standards' lol. There are a huge amount of ladies like that here and its a bit grim."

It's not necessarily about looks or perceived beauty. For me I won't go near anyone who will put their dick in someone who is a nasty person with bad energy. That's low standard to me.

"What do you constitute as picky OP? I'm not sure it's just I've messaged a few people and have been turned down, I think I just want to have a conversation with someone, it doesn't have to lead to sex just a general conversation, to see what the person is like "

op the majority of people on fab are here to meet so to them a endless convo means nothing .. 95% of people on fab dont venture into the forums ie the forums are a very small part of fab ...the forums will only give you a very small glimpse into what people think

shits creek

"What do you constitute as picky OP? I'm not sure it's just I've messaged a few people and have been turned down, I think I just want to have a conversation with someone, it doesn't have to lead to sex just a general conversation, to see what the person is like

Because I always thought that it would have to be inbox only I know it sounds silly and I feel like an idiot to be honest, but seeing it now having a group discussion has made me realise that it's not all bad, thank you

I barely talk to people via my inbox."

No need to feel like an idiot at all. I can come across as sharp or a bit mean, most of the time I'm trying to lead people to their own answers. It's all good.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

I can afford to be extremely picky

Very true but what if people didn't want to hop straight into bed with someone, but rather have that conversation and to see whether or not a connection could form and then maybe with that connection it could turn into something great

op the majority of people on fab are here to meet so to them a endless convo means nothing .. 95% of people on fab dont venture into the forums ie the forums are a very small part of fab ...the forums will only give you a very small glimpse into what people think "

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Yes. Those hot, sexy, muscular young men really should fuck me.

I hate it when men won't fuck a middle-aged, fat woman

No need to feel like an idiot at all. I can come across as sharp or a bit mean, most of the time I'm trying to lead people to their own answers. It's all good."

But you don't seem like that kind of person, you seem more calm and relaxed in which is better there are a few negative people in the world

shits creek

No need to feel like an idiot at all. I can come across as sharp or a bit mean, most of the time I'm trying to lead people to their own answers. It's all good.

But you don't seem like that kind of person, you seem more calm and relaxed in which is better there are a few negative people in the world "

Oh I really am a cunt when I feel it's justified.

"Yes. Those hot, sexy, muscular young men really should fuck me.

I hate it when men won't fuck a middle-aged, fat woman "

A woman with curves is enough to drive a man crazy I should know I'm one of them, all women have inner beauty, doesn't matter what shape or size, its the person that they want to be and to me that is 100% respectfull xx

But you don't seem like that kind of person, you seem more calm and relaxed in which is better there are a few negative people in the world

Oh I really am a cunt when I feel it's justified."

OK but you dont seem like it

Lots of people aren’t in the right headspace for chatting at the moment, and also, people don’t always want to chat if you aren’t their type.

Things will hopefully look up soon

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

Too picky? Here’s the thing - and bear with me, I know it sounds crazy - but people are allowed to only have sex with people they fancy. Such a radical thought!

You can always try messaging people with who you seem to share some views or humour via forum threads. Better than cold messages .

"Does anyone feel that some people may be a bit too picky and judge a book by its cover "

Frankly, I don’t care what others do, they’re entitled to make their own choices. Picky is better than desperate, there are a plethora of reasons why people seem picky or the opposite though. If people are judging books by their covers, then it’s their loss of enjoying life’s many intricacies.

"Too picky? Here’s the thing - and bear with me, I know it sounds crazy - but people are allowed to only have sex with people they fancy. Such a radical thought!"

I mean, that is genuinely radical for some people

Cardiff

“A” woman? Which woman? We don’t have some kind of hive mind, we all (shock horror) have our own preferences.

Except Jason Momoa, he seems to be almost every (straight or bi) woman’s type, based on my very scientific survey of my family and friends.

Put a better cover on your book and it might get read a bit more

Cardiff

Quite often their profiles will give you an idea of what they’re looking for.

"I'm just curious to know what a women's type is, I can understand that everyone will message a woman and fill there inbox, but as I have stated this is not to spite anyone it is purely a question

“A” woman? Which woman? We don’t have some kind of hive mind, we all (shock horror) have our own preferences.

Except Jason Momoa, he seems to be almost every (straight or bi) woman’s type, based on my very scientific survey of my family and friends."

Nah; tall, tattooed, muscular etc are words that will come up in at least 50% of women's profiles here. Lets not pretend there aren't societal standards of beauty we are conditioned to liking.

Cardiff

Personally, I don’t have a set type - well I slightly do because I have a weakness for slim, clean-shaven men with long dark hair. But I don’t only meet slim, clean-shaven men with long dark hair, far from it. I always say I’ll know my type when I see it, because it isn’t as simple as a checklist of features.

Cardiff

"I'm just curious to know what a women's type is, I can understand that everyone will message a woman and fill there inbox, but as I have stated this is not to spite anyone it is purely a question

Except Jason Momoa, he seems to be almost every (straight or bi) woman’s type, based on my very scientific survey of my family and friends.

Nah; tall, tattooed, muscular etc are words that will come up in at least 50% of women's profiles here. Lets not pretend there aren't societal standards of beauty we are conditioned to liking."

Well you obviously know my mind better than I do so whevs.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

To be fair we are quite picky, we turn down quite a few people wanting to meet us because we know that they haven't read our profile and a meet would likely be no fun for anyone.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Picky is Good why compromise.

shits creek

Nah; tall, tattooed, muscular etc are words that will come up in at least 50% of women's profiles here. Lets not pretend there aren't societal standards of beauty we are conditioned to liking."

There's far more to attraction than societal standards. You cannot force attraction so it doesn't matter how many people tell ya you should fancy someone or a certain type of someone, if you don't, you don't.

Some people are attracted to those who subliminally remind them of parents, teachers etc etc. People don't choose that, it just happens.

Nah; tall, tattooed, muscular etc are words that will come up in at least 50% of women's profiles here. Lets not pretend there aren't societal standards of beauty we are conditioned to liking.

Well you obviously know my mind better than I do so whevs."

Oh c'mon surely you're better than that deflection.

There's far more to attraction than societal standards. You cannot force attraction so it doesn't matter how many people tell ya you should fancy someone or a certain type of someone, if you don't, you don't.

Some people are attracted to those who subliminally remind them of parents, teachers etc etc. People don't choose that, it just happens."

Of course not, its not a choice for the most part. And it only really harms those who dont conform to those standards really. I'm not saying its a good or a bad thing necessarily.

shits creek

Some people are attracted to those who subliminally remind them of parents, teachers etc etc. People don't choose that, it just happens.

Of course not, its not a choice for the most part. And it only really harms those who dont conform to those standards really. I'm not saying its a good or a bad thing necessarily."

And don't forget the plethora of types of attraction. Some are attracted to the mind. Some are attracted to the emotion, so really, the societal malarkey is donkey dung.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Too 'picky'? We're all entitled to be as 'picky'(or not) as we choose. The choices people make here are entirely personal. Presumably you've made a few in your life.

"People are allowed to judge however they want, just accept it"

Exactly this. Isn't it all down to personal choice?

Pickiness happens easily with online sites, because it's simply not a natural way to meet people. A few photos and potted history isn't enough. True interaction happens face to face.

shits creek

Think of it this way.

If I want mint chocolate chip ice cream, I ain't gonna eat treacle sponge just coz treacle sponge is readily available and the shop has no mint choc chip.

I'll wait til some mint choc chip comes into stock.

How about you?

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

100% yes

Of course not, its not a choice for the most part. And it only really harms those who dont conform to those standards really. I'm not saying its a good or a bad thing necessarily.

And don't forget the plethora of types of attraction. Some are attracted to the mind. Some are attracted to the emotion, so really, the societal malarkey is donkey dung."

Some people are murderers, some people being something doesnt mean anything. I've just stated the majority of women here have similar likes on the surface. Why is that so hard to accept? Men probably do too.

"Think of it this way.

If I want mint chocolate chip ice cream, I ain't gonna eat treacle sponge just coz treacle sponge is readily available and the shop has no mint choc chip.

I'll wait til some mint choc chip comes into stock.

How about you? "

I mean I wasn't saying you can't or that liking choc chip is wrong lol

By *ottoncandy42Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

"Does anyone feel that some people may be a bit too picky and judge a book by its cover

Too 'picky'? We're all entitled to be as 'picky'(or not) as we choose. The choices people make here are entirely personal. Presumably you've made a few in your life."

I agree, just because your on here doesn’t mean your guaranteed a fuck and everyone’s gagging for it. Everyone has their own preferences of what type of guy or gal they want or not want to interact with.

By *o_eye_deerMan  over a year ago

The South Near That London

Do you think that maybe a badly taken photo gives the impression of laziness perhaps? Or maybe lacks imagination? I feel that I may not take a good picture, but I can make effort with the photo, or incorporate personality into it to make it more representative of me or at least representative of thought and effort."

Whether another person likes the end result is subjective (as with all creative content) but it’s always obvious when someone has actually made an effort, and put some thought into the end result; women are more likely to do so, the real shame is the more artist photos never seem to get the appreciation they deserve.

" I've just stated the majority of women here have similar likes on the surface. Why is that so hard to accept? Men probably do too."

utter rubbish no 2 women want the same otherwise we would have all married your idea of the diet man wow just wow we are all different and all have different desires

Cardiff

Well you obviously know my mind better than I do so whevs.

Oh c'mon surely you're better than that deflection. "

I know there’s no point arguing with men like you.

North Bucks

Spot the incels.

And don't forget the plethora of types of attraction. Some are attracted to the mind. Some are attracted to the emotion, so really, the societal malarkey is donkey dung.

Some people are murderers, some people being something doesnt mean anything. I've just stated the majority of women here have similar likes on the surface. Why is that so hard to accept? Men probably do too."

Because we have our own minds, and we know them, and we might think differently? I think the question is, why do you find that so hard to accept?

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

It's not about being 'picky" it'd about knowing what I like x

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Your profile is more like something you'd find on a regular dating site.

Maybe that's why no one replies.

Take some decent pics, semi naked, torso, in undies.

Make an effort with your bio.

I would have no idea about any of your preferences from it at the moment

Cardiff

"Spot the incels. "

Yup

Do you mean, why do people have preferences, er, free will. Next.

diet *

Find myself being really picky, especially when I've got a scab on my knee

By *atty CoramWoman  over a year ago

Wimbledon

if in doubt leave it out

North Bucks

"Find myself being really picky, especially when I've got a scab on my knee "

It will leave a scar.

By *DW1983Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen, Leeds, Sheffield

Yes, I'm picky. OK I'm an average single guy so not exactly overwhelmed with offers but that doesn't mean I will get with anyone for the sake of it. I'm not sure sometimes if that's a good thing or bad but it works for me.

diet c*ke*

"Find myself being really picky, especially when I've got a scab on my knee

It will leave a scar. "

Then I can say I got it rescuing kittens, in a flash flood

"Spot the incels. "

That's not really what an incel believes. I promote the idea that women should have agency and be allowed to like whatever they want.

Just like people being honest and upfront about things and actually address the points i've made.

I feel old now with all this talk of books and covers! When I were lad, teachers sent us home with work books and asked us to cover them, it was a craze to cover them in old bits of wallpaper (but all done neat and tidy) was mad going into school and seeing what others had done! Same books but all different covers and people were judged back then on how good your cover looked

people have to be careful

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

"I feel old now with all this talk of books and covers! When I were lad, teachers sent us home with work books and asked us to cover them, it was a craze to cover them in old bits of wallpaper (but all done neat and tidy) was mad going into school and seeing what others had done! Same books but all different covers and people were judged back then on how good your cover looked "

I used wallpaper

By * Lexi xWoman  over a year ago

stockport

I’m extremely picky if that’s what you want to call it.

shits creek

"I feel old now with all this talk of books and covers! When I were lad, teachers sent us home with work books and asked us to cover them, it was a craze to cover them in old bits of wallpaper (but all done neat and tidy) was mad going into school and seeing what others had done! Same books but all different covers and people were judged back then on how good your cover looked

I used wallpaper "

I was lucky to get left over Xmas wrapping paper

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Well, that leaves 50% who like average, non tattooed and dad bods then doesn't it? So there's someone for everyone... If you make the effort.

"I feel old now with all this talk of books and covers! When I were lad, teachers sent us home with work books and asked us to cover them, it was a craze to cover them in old bits of wallpaper (but all done neat and tidy) was mad going into school and seeing what others had done! Same books but all different covers and people were judged back then on how good your cover looked

I used wallpaper

I was lucky to get left over Xmas wrapping paper "

Wallpaper was good as was thick and lasted.

Xmas wrapping paper would have ripped to easy!

"the majority of women here have similar likes on the surface "

so you stand by this ?? saying all us women want the same basically ?

"the majority of women here have similar likes on the surface

so you stand by this ?? saying all us women want the same basically ? "

No because that's not what I said.

No because that's not what I said."

are you sure ??

I used wallpaper

I was lucky to get left over Xmas wrapping paper "

Will get you a free wallpaper sample next time I'm in BnQ you want anaglipta or wood chip?

No because that's not what I said.

are you sure ?? "

I'll make it more clear:

From my experience on this site, it became apparent to me that a majority of women here list the same things that they are looking for in their profile. This shouldnt really be a controversial thing its just an observation and the conclusion made by this evidence should be pretty fair. Why that makes me a misogynstic incel, fuck knows, as I am a staunch feminist. But ho hum.

» Add a new message to this topic