FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Random acts of kindness

Random acts of kindness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have any of you lot done any random act of kindness?

Last night was in McDonald’s when two paramedics came in , both looked done in , they were bickering about what they wanted from the touch screen, I asked if I could buy them both there meal ,glad they said yes , has left me feeling good ever since

Over to you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uv2helpMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

if some one would like to help me with a random act of kindness, that would be great

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes but I won't list them here. And I've been on receiving end more times than I can count. The wheel has to keep turning

I try to do as much as I can, especially if I see someone struggling. However, announcing it to the world kind of takes away the genuineness of the act.

I'm not saying this is what your doing OP but me personally.. do things just for kindness, not for recognition

Oh god I saw a YouTube video of this recently and I was in floods of tears!

I don't think I've done anything selfless recently.

I knocked on my neighbours door because they had left the keys in the lock the other day.

But that doesn't count

"Oh god I saw a YouTube video of this recently and I was in floods of tears!

I knocked on my neighbours door because they had left the keys in the lock the other day.

But that doesn't count

"

Why it doesn't count?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Oh god I saw a YouTube video of this recently and I was in floods of tears!

But that doesn't count

"

I also have been watching them on you tube that gave me the idea to try it , even little things can mean so much to someone , so what you did has helped , some other person could of took the keys

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

When I was a child, the dentist I went to had a sign saying something like, if you smile at someone, the goodness of your action spreads as others pass your smile on.

It's stuck with me and it's something I try to live by.

By *artyanna16200TV/TS  over a year ago

leeds

Yes it does , its random and n act of kindness( i seem to do it all the time)

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't think I've done anything like that recently.

It does make you feel good op and kudos to you for doing it

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Mind you some days my random act of kindness is not fixing strangers who get near me with a death stare

"Yes but I won't list them here. And I've been on receiving end more times than I can count. The wheel has to keep turning "

Exactly this

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I try to be a very courteous driver and let people out etc. I hope it helps it to spread.

I feel like whenever I try to do things like this it doesn't work

I once taped £1 coin to the work vending machine with a note saying "have a on me". I literally watched people use their OWN money instead of taking a free bloody .

I've also tried to give away parking tickets with time left on them but just get weird looks... People around here are just too wary of strangers lol.

I have however often bought healthy food (and cold water and sunblock in the summer) for homeless people, which always makes me (and them!) feel good.

Other than that I just try to do little things like hold open doors and make small talk. Just little human things which always go down well

"I feel like whenever I try to do things like this it doesn't work

I once taped £1 coin to the work vending machine with a note saying "have a on me". I literally watched people use their OWN money instead of taking a free bloody .

I've also tried to give away parking tickets with time left on them but just get weird looks... People around here are just too wary of strangers lol.

I have however often bought healthy food (and cold water and sunblock in the summer) for homeless people, which always makes me (and them!) feel good.

Other than that I just try to do little things like hold open doors and make small talk. Just little human things which always go down well "

Just realised the work c o k e got erased from my vending machine story

I have, but not humble to post them in here, in there nature there a humble act, which is lost if I tell all about them

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I always gift my neighbours some of anything I've baked.

Made one a birthday cake last week.

"I try to do as much as I can, especially if I see someone struggling. However, announcing it to the world kind of takes away the genuineness of the act.

I'm not saying this is what your doing OP but me personally.. do things just for kindness, not for recognition "

this!

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Good work OP.

I always try to pay it forward when I can

A little kindness can make a big difference.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't agree that an act of kindness for charity is worth less because you mention it to other people. I think it can encourage other people to do the same. Why criticise even when people are doing something nice?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Good work OP.

I always try to pay it forward when I can

A little kindness can make a big difference. "

It can.

The young family across the road from my parents are always doing nice things for them in small ways. They hold up their puppy for them to see, took a tiny Christmas tree across to them the kids make little cards. The mum has 6 kids a job and a puppy and offers to run my dad to the hospital.

"I don't agree that an act of kindness for charity is worth less because you mention it to other people. I think it can encourage other people to do the same. Why criticise even when people are doing something nice?"

Does that not come down to the motives people have in telling people about there charitable acts, if its to raise awareness and support, all good!

But if its a disingenuous look at me, how great am I, then its not about the act of kindness, its all about them

"I don't agree that an act of kindness for charity is worth less because you mention it to other people. I think it can encourage other people to do the same. Why criticise even when people are doing something nice?"

I checked my answer. I didnt criticise I hope. I just don't like sharing that myself.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I don't agree that an act of kindness for charity is worth less because you mention it to other people. I think it can encourage other people to do the same. Why criticise even when people are doing something nice?

Does that not come down to the motives people have in telling people about there charitable acts, if its to raise awareness and support, all good!

But if its a disingenuous look at me, how great am I, then its not about the act of kindness, its all about them "

I can't tell what people's motives are usually. The act of kindness still stands and there aren't many of us who don't feel good about doing something nice for someone.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Haven’t been for a while but whenever I fly to nigeria , Virgin Atlantic allow 2 x 23kg cases and I only need 1 so I always fill one case with bottles of Calpol, wet wipes, toothpaste, bibs, teething gel and other kids meds and some chocolates and treats from M&S foodhall for my drivers family all the kinds of things that are quite normal for us but they would be really be able to buy. It’s nothing, l like £50 but they are so grateful

"I don't agree that an act of kindness for charity is worth less because you mention it to other people. I think it can encourage other people to do the same. Why criticise even when people are doing something nice?

But if its a disingenuous look at me, how great am I, then its not about the act of kindness, its all about them

I can't tell what people's motives are usually. The act of kindness still stands and there aren't many of us who don't feel good about doing something nice for someone."

I'm not taking anything away from the act of kindness, kindness is kindness, which gets payed forward in some way, the world could do with more of it..

No you don't know ppls motive only they do, my point is if the motives are unpure then there is not all about the good will gesture, despite it still being done

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Haven’t been for a while but whenever I fly to nigeria , Virgin Atlantic allow 2 x 23kg cases and I only need 1 so I always fill one case with bottles of Calpol, wet wipes, toothpaste, bibs, teething gel and other kids meds and some chocolates and treats from M&S foodhall for my drivers family all the kinds of things that are quite normal for us but they would be really be able to buy. It’s nothing, l like £50 but they are so grateful "

Yeah, we have way more than we realise.

I think any action of kindness with the right intentions is one of the simplest things to do, and has few negatives. Slowly people can change their ways or we can alter the world around us. It’s also great for feeling good in oneself for those not feeling great as well, a recognised positive mental health step for all. They don’t always come across well or people can receive them in varying ways (though I feel it’s both sad and understandable when I feel people are suspicious or wary) but it’s great. As long as someone isn’t doing it to gloat or purely for their own gain, there aren’t many negatives particularly. Seen and been involved in a fair few, a small handful have literally been life changing, one involving two strangers which was done so discreetly, was really interesting to observe too.

But if its a disingenuous look at me, how great am I, then its not about the act of kindness, its all about them "

I don't think so. I think it's good for the soul to discuss thing that make you feel proud of yourself. Plus it spreads positivity

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I checked my answer. I didnt criticise I hope. I just don't like sharing that myself. "

I don't think you did, no.

Yeah, I do when I can, but I dont tend to talk about it.

I think if I do, it becomes a bit like a humble brag kind of thing- you know? Like, look how good I am! And then it would lose something, that good feeling you get inside would be gone x

I don't think so. I think it's good for the soul to discuss thing that make you feel proud of yourself. Plus it spreads positivity "

I've been taught in certain areas of life, the acts of kindness is the message of positivity. If I do something nice for somebody or an organisation.

Yes it makes me feel good and builds self worth in me..

If I then start broadcasting these things I do, then the humility involved is lost, as it then becomes look at me, look at what I've done.

This is just my take on it, which I've learnt through others, who try to live a spiritual path, of doing the next right thing in life.

Everybody's take and perception on this will be different, and thats OK

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I don't think so. I think it's good for the soul to discuss thing that make you feel proud of yourself. Plus it spreads positivity

I've been taught in certain areas of life, the acts of kindness is the message of positivity. If I do something nice for somebody or an organisation.

If I then start broadcasting these things I do, then the humility involved is lost, as it then becomes look at me, look at what I've done.

This is just my take on it, which I've learnt through others, who try to live a spiritual path, of doing the next right thing in life.

Everybody's take and perception on this will be different, and thats OK "

Do you give sacrificially, i.e past the point where it hurts - time, money etc it’s very good for you spiritually and realigns your values of what the purpose of resources is. People regularly live beyond their means , but rarely give beyond their means !

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I remember my dad emptying his pockets for a famine appeal once and saying "it's no good unless it hurts".

Everybody's take and perception on this will be different, and thats OK

Do you give sacrificially, i.e past the point where it hurts - time, money etc it’s very good for you spiritually and realigns your values of what the purpose of resources is. People regularly live beyond their means , but rarely give beyond their means ! "

My time I'll give freely to anybody, as that is my greatest gift that I can anybody, and willing do this on a daily basis, putting my things aside, money I donate to several causes, as indirect mends for a past life that will be done for the rest of my life, beyond my means to say that would be a lie, I give what I can afford, and help out in anyway possible..

Living beyond my means no I don't, I've come from a messed up life, so I do cherish what I have yes, do matieral things make me happy when when I feel shit about myself, and my heads tells me im worthless no they don't, they mean shit, as all that can go to crack converters in a heart beat.

Does doing things for others make me a difference when I my self-worth n self esteem is on the floor absolutely, as by doing that I get out of self

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Used defib machine today at work ! Thankfully patient to hospital safely

"Used defib machine today at work ! Thankfully patient to hospital safely "

Now that is a good, positive story, well done indeed.

Oderd a pizza the other week there came to £13

Had a £20 note told the delivery driver to keep the change for working though the pandemic

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Used defib machine today at work ! Thankfully patient to hospital safely "

I bet that was scary. Good work!

I used to be kind to people but iv been stripped of all care and humanity

» Add a new message to this topic