FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What’s HIS deal? And what should I do?

What’s HIS deal? And what should I do?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So, trying to keep this story as short as possible.

I was romantically involved with this guy in 2019, we had this thing going on, and was great for 6-7 months. I fell deep for him. Anyway, he soon broke things off because his ex girlfriend got back in touch and ended up having sex.

For months i endured that awkward “dance” of still being in touch with him, and trying to be friends but wanting more. He didn’t get back to his ex as she had another guy she was dating lol

Whenever things got too much as he was to run back to her every now and again, I just broke contact with this guy and telling him I can’t continue being there for him.

It hurt me a lot, and I was in a real bad place. Anyway eventually time healed me, and fast forward to months of not being in contact with him. I can finally say I’m in a good place! I don’t think about this person any longer etc

He recently messaged me a few times, letting me know he FINALLY got back with his ex gf ... I admit it kinda brought me back to that painful time, and I just ignored the messages as I thought there’s nothing to say. I received ANOTHER message this morning and it asked if I had any recommendations for a restaurant somewhere as his Mrs and him were going on holiday. And needed some suggestions (wtf am I? Yellow pages? Google?! I’m confused..)

I once again ignored it (didn’t even open the message) but I’m completely and utterly pissed off. At the insensibility of the situation.

He knew he hurt me a lot as I always purged him out of my life every time she was involved and crawling back. So he must know

What’s his deal????

My question is, what do you think I should do?

Should I just block him? Should I reply saying please don’t message me again and u are a dick

Or should I continue to just ignore messages?

Also, I swear I am over him and don’t want to be involved romantically with this person, but I can’t lie to say reading this messages annoy the hell out of me....

If u got this far, thanks for reading

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Block.

Acknowledge your feelings, be kind to yourself.

I neither know nor care what his deal is, it doesn't matter, he doesn't serve your interests.

Been there done that

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To be fair, my question is why haven't you already blocked him?

Block him. Just block him and don't even think about it.

He's messing with your head.

Hi OP

My advice is to block the number. No further contact is necessary.

NBVN x

Manchester (she/her)

"To be fair, my question is why haven't you already blocked him?"

Some people have weird hooks on you. I get it. Again, been there

I think you should block him. This guy knows what he’s doing and he’s feeding his ego with your pain.

Don’t even open the message.

Just block him.

By *lbinoGorillaMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Unfortunately I have no practical advice as I'm in exactly the same situation as you with regards to my ex.

I'm at the point where I've cut all contact, and think about her less, and I know for a fact she's with someone else now

Bit I agree in your situation your ex is being a massive dick. Maybe to rub your face in it?

All I can really suggest is block the number and block him on all other methods of communication too.

Good luck

Ignore and block. Don't reply to any email or message from him.

He's nasty and clearly trying to hurt you. Or needing you to beg him to come back to feed his ego.

You're worth much more than that. A decent human wouldn't have done that to you.

Please ignore him and block all his numbers and contacts. Hope you can get him out of your head again. Xx

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

Just block him. To hell with him.

Block- sounds like he is keeping his options open and he isn’t fully committed to his new relationship. Just move on, if you keep a string to him he will try to keep pulling you back for ever . As hard as it is, either Say goodbye and block or just block and go. Don’t look back x

Block him is the easiest.

If you don’t feel comfortable with that, message him to say you have moved on and do not wish to maintain contact. Good wishes and good bye.

I would say you've two choices.

Either you let him back into your life as a friend and stay that way - though if his partner knew, maybe she'd have an issue with that.

Or you block. Personally speaking I've remained friends with most of my exes but possibly because it wasn't acrimonious. If you think you might get feelings again if you do, I possibly wouldn't risk it.

Good luck on everything. It sounds as though he's still wanting you in his life although I could be totally wrong and he's just rubbing your face in his new relationship. Only you'll know the answer to that one xx

By *hristopherd999Man  over a year ago

Brentwood

Block him, he's deliberately messing with you

How mean of him.

That to me is intentionally rubbing it in your face.

I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of a reply, just block him and carry on as you were

Well Annie mk 2 personality I’d block him forget him and live your best life without the piss taking twunt.

Unless you want to be used of course.

Best of luck op.

T

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Its a depowering control message, designed to hurt you.

Block his negativity

"I would say you've two choices.

Either you let him back into your life as a friend and stay that way - though if his partner knew, maybe she'd have an issue with that.

Or you block. Personally speaking I've remained friends with most of my exes but possibly because it wasn't acrimonious. If you think you might get feelings again if you do, I possibly wouldn't risk it.

Good luck on everything. It sounds as though he's still wanting you in his life although I could be totally wrong and he's just rubbing your face in his new relationship. Only you'll know the answer to that one xx "

That’s what I’m wondering about as well. Is it that he loves his “Mrs” but misses you as a friend? There’s no way for us to tell but it is a possibility. I am not in touch with my ex girlfriends despite ending as friends but I still dearly miss them as friends.

I think most say block but I'm a pushover and try to see the best in people.

Maybe message back and simply ask why he wants to stay in touch?

Can't do any harm.

I'd be pissed off with the recommendation thing though

I think he likes the idea of you loving him. He misses the attention. Life isn't as exciting for him because he doesn't have you on his hook.

Like others have said, block and realise that he is only doing this to make him feel better about himself.

I had a similar problem, though without the toxic element thankfully

You just need to stay sane and put him behind you. Be kind to yourself

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Hi op

He sounds like he's trying to be spiteful, if it was me I'd just block as others said.

It's up to you though if you want to send a reply saying you've moved on now and don't want any more contact, then block.

Good luck whatever you decide, there's nowt so queer as folk!

"I think most say block but I'm a pushover and try to see the best in people.

Can't do any harm.

I'd be pissed off with the recommendation thing though "

Phew, I thought I was the only thinking this. I wouldn’t have dared said it aloud.

Can't do any harm.

I'd be pissed off with the recommendation thing though

Phew, I thought I was the only thinking this. I wouldn’t have dared said it aloud."

I love to be publicly vilified

Seriously though, I'm a communicator, I want to know what makes people do what they do and even before I'd block, I'd want to know what his reasons were.

Most of me thinks he's just being a nob and block, but then a little bit of me thinks.. why??

Yeah I'm soft. I need to toughen up

"To be fair, my question is why haven't you already blocked him?"

This is a good question, I don’t know I’m not that kind of girl that likes blocking people and rarely resort to that treatment

But I think I just should block him as anyway he doesn’t serve any purpose in my life. And is actually bringing me down and doesn’t seem to get it I don’t want to engage as I don’t even open his messages....

I’m reading through every message btw thanks for the replies

Would asking his gf what she thinks of it all help?

"Would asking his gf what she thinks of it all help? "

Love this, I want to be more like you

Manchester (she/her)

"I think he likes the idea of you loving him. He misses the attention. Life isn't as exciting for him because he doesn't have you on his hook.

Like others have said, block and realise that he is only doing this to make him feel better about himself.

I had a similar problem, though without the toxic element thankfully

You just need to stay sane and put him behind you. Be kind to yourself "

You block move you need to stop being part of their game.

You see guys mostly think with their dicks, that's a fact. Women will message a guy sometimes with no intention of meeting, to them it's just a friendly chat when they are lonely. Guys jump and text back asap thinking they are back in with a chance because they can't see what's going on, thinking with dick again as she tells about how guys treat her badly etc.

You need to step out of the game.

Cut out the cancer because it's your emotions getting stressed, your feelings being damaged and they know this. Your always there for them.

You cannot move on if you allow texts or any form of communication because each time it's you back to square one.

People say I'm harsh often very rude. But I deal the cards up straight no bullshit here.

I stand for no crap behaviour from anyone or lower my standards you need to start doing this and stop being walked all over like a doormat.

Block or tell them to fuck off and leave you alone. And mean it. Be angry if you have to but get that message across.

Good luck

Good luck on everything. It sounds as though he's still wanting you in his life although I could be totally wrong and he's just rubbing your face in his new relationship. Only you'll know the answer to that one xx "

I don’t think I’d have feelings back for him as I’ve closed this chapter. BUT, I don’t want any involvement with this person ESPECIALLY as he’s back with his ex girlfriend. This situation at the time really hurt me a lot. As I was questioning myself why and what was wrong with me and obsessing over this person.

I don’t want anything to do with their business

If he started a new relationship with a new girl, and he was happy. Probably I’d have said that I’m genuinely happy he found someone good for him.

But this situation is just not something I want to be involved as maybe it brings me back to a dark time. I hope it makes sense? Am I crazy?

Manchester (she/her)

Good luck on everything. It sounds as though he's still wanting you in his life although I could be totally wrong and he's just rubbing your face in his new relationship. Only you'll know the answer to that one xx

I don’t think I’d have feelings back for him as I’ve closed this chapter. BUT, I don’t want any involvement with this person ESPECIALLY as he’s back with his ex girlfriend. This situation at the time really hurt me a lot. As I was questioning myself why and what was wrong with me and obsessing over this person.

If he started a new relationship with a new girl, and he was happy. Probably I’d have said that I’m genuinely happy he found someone good for him.

But this situation is just not something I want to be involved as maybe it brings me back to a dark time. I hope it makes sense? Am I crazy?"

No. Sometimes people hook you even when it doesn't make sense

"Would asking his gf what she thinks of it all help? "

Hahaha! This!! She’d be shocked for life.

But in all fairness, they deserve each other as she had a guy who proposed to her and eventually got dumped. Maybe cos every time they had a fight she used to go shag the ex bf (the guy I was involved with)

Why are people assholes? I’m a free woman now!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

My friends husband left her for a much younger woman. He then proceeded to send her emails with photos attached of their trips out, details of their domestic set up, telling her about the endearing qualities of his new partner, saying they would be coming to stay with her when they came to UK, talking to her as if she was his friend rather than ex wife. My friend was terribly hurt by this and to this day I don't understand either his motive or complete lack of empathy.

I would say that whatever his motive you should do whatever is best for *you*.

Also ... has he mistaken me for an information desk??

“Where can we go get a good steak”

I don’t know, download four square .... how’s this my problem?

"Would asking his gf what she thinks of it all help?

Love this, I want to be more like you "

Like when I walked up to the wife of a guy who’d been claiming he was single, to introduce myself as the woman he’d been in bed with rather than ufo spotting like he’s told her?

I can even begin to list the lies he’d told me

But this situation is just not something I want to be involved as maybe it brings me back to a dark time. I hope it makes sense? Am I crazy?"

Definitely not crazy and I think you've just answered your own post. If that's how he makes you feel, get rid of that negativity!!

We're all behind you now xx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Also ... has he mistaken me for an information desk??

I don’t know, download four square .... how’s this my problem?"

Block him Kylie. You’re so much better than this xxx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Would asking his gf what she thinks of it all help?

Love this, I want to be more like you

Like when I walked up to the wife of a guy who’d been claiming he was single, to introduce myself as the woman he’d been in bed with rather than ufo spotting like he’s told her?

I can even begin to list the lies he’d told me "

UFO spotting

"My friends husband left her for a much younger woman. He then proceeded to send her emails with photos attached of their trips out, details of their domestic set up, telling her about the endearing qualities of his new partner, saying they would be coming to stay with her when they came to UK, talking to her as if she was his friend rather than ex wife. My friend was terribly hurt by this and to this day I don't understand either his motive or complete lack of empathy.

I would say that whatever his motive you should do whatever is best for *you*."

This is so insensible! This is exactly what fucks me up, like .... he must know surely that this hurts me (especially as every argument we had and me putting boundaries so not speaking any longer was due to him running back to her...)

Like ...

Yes for sure, I am just undecided whether to just block or send a message saying something and block

I think clearly ignoring isn’t working as he keeps messaging every now and then

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

He’s taking the piss, block and properly move on. Stop trying to work out why he’s doing what he’s doing. He’s messaging you to get you to think about him and keep him on your radar.

He’s toxic and you’re not, I’m with the majority (if not all) who’ve advised you to get rid.

Good luck Op

By *ostonJoeMan  over a year ago

Boston

Why are people arse holes? Because we all like a bit of drama in our lives. Some more than others. We all would secretly like an ex to want us back from time to time. Especially the ones who thought they were trading up! Oh the poor deluded are souls.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"My friends husband left her for a much younger woman. He then proceeded to send her emails with photos attached of their trips out, details of their domestic set up, telling her about the endearing qualities of his new partner, saying they would be coming to stay with her when they came to UK, talking to her as if she was his friend rather than ex wife. My friend was terribly hurt by this and to this day I don't understand either his motive or complete lack of empathy.

This is so insensible! This is exactly what fucks me up, like .... he must know surely that this hurts me (especially as every argument we had and me putting boundaries so not speaking any longer was due to him running back to her...)

Like ...

Yes for sure, I am just undecided whether to just block or send a message saying something and block

I think clearly ignoring isn’t working as he keeps messaging every now and then "

My friend had to remain in touch as her adult children saw him as their father and they had shared property.

If it would make you feel better message then block but I think it would show him that he's had an effect on you. Just blocking shows indifference or even distaste.

Like ...

I think clearly ignoring isn’t working as he keeps messaging every now and then "

Your slience is a message in itself.

Confronting him just validates his attention seeking.

Just blocking him reinforces your message to him. He's nothing to you now.

By *usttrymeMan  over a year ago

kettering

Block..... then then get trump to build a wall... turn round so you cant see the wall and walk away, or skip away.... or just do a miranda and galllop..xx

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I think you should block him. This guy knows what he’s doing and he’s feeding his ego with your pain.

Just block him. "

^^^ This

By *ornyharry39Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

Block him plenty more men out there what would love the chance to date you x

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I'd have blocked already and if not before the moment he sent the first message. My guess is as you tried to put it to being just friends, he is trying to open that branch back up.. but it's not doing you any good , so block

Been there, OP.

BLOCK!!!

Some men stay in infrequent contact with old flames because (I guess...) they like to have a backup plan, or like to have their cake and eat it. He doesn't want a relationship with you, he's just hedging his bets.

This is classic "breadcrumbing". Don't put up with crumbs. You deserve a full slice.

"I'd have blocked already and if not before the moment he sent the first message. My guess is as you tried to put it to being just friends, he is trying to open that branch back up.. but it's not doing you any good , so block "

Exactly, I just am finally in a good place and he adds nothing to my life. So, as they say on the weakest link. “Goodbye!”

"Been there, OP.

BLOCK!!!

Some men stay in infrequent contact with old flames because (I guess...) they like to have a backup plan, or like to have their cake and eat it. He doesn't want a relationship with you, he's just hedging his bets.

This is classic "breadcrumbing". Don't put up with crumbs. You deserve a full slice. "

Like I haven’t heard from him for 4-5 months. Radio silence. I didn’t look for contact at all. I was just busy living my life and all. I thought he was gone for good but just like herpes........ LOL

Anyway I think I won’t even say anything and just block him.

"So, trying to keep this story as short as possible.

I was romantically involved with this guy in 2019, we had this thing going on, and was great for 6-7 months. I fell deep for him. Anyway, he soon broke things off because his ex girlfriend got back in touch and ended up having sex.

For months i endured that awkward “dance” of still being in touch with him, and trying to be friends but wanting more. He didn’t get back to his ex as she had another guy she was dating lol

Whenever things got too much as he was to run back to her every now and again, I just broke contact with this guy and telling him I can’t continue being there for him.

It hurt me a lot, and I was in a real bad place. Anyway eventually time healed me, and fast forward to months of not being in contact with him. I can finally say I’m in a good place! I don’t think about this person any longer etc

He recently messaged me a few times, letting me know he FINALLY got back with his ex gf ... I admit it kinda brought me back to that painful time, and I just ignored the messages as I thought there’s nothing to say. I received ANOTHER message this morning and it asked if I had any recommendations for a restaurant somewhere as his Mrs and him were going on holiday. And needed some suggestions (wtf am I? Yellow pages? Google?! I’m confused..)

I once again ignored it (didn’t even open the message) but I’m completely and utterly pissed off. At the insensibility of the situation.

He knew he hurt me a lot as I always purged him out of my life every time she was involved and crawling back. So he must know

What’s his deal????

Should I just block him? Should I reply saying please don’t message me again and u are a dick

Also, I swear I am over him and don’t want to be involved romantically with this person, but I can’t lie to say reading this messages annoy the hell out of me....

"

I think in order to protect yourself you need to cut him off completely. If all old feelings of hurt arise each time he contacts you then he will kill any chance of you moving forward. I think you owe it to yourself to take control back and Block him.

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

Bin him off, block his sorry ass as he is keeping you hanging by the thinnest of threads as he knows he gets to you and is keeping you there as a back up and an ego boost for when he feels like a pick me up.

You can't move on unless you take control of this yourself instead of letting him choose for you, you need to know you're the one in control of what happens next for you to start over elsewhere with someone who is going to see you and enjoy time with you equally.

You're worth more than this, we all are x

"Been there, OP.

BLOCK!!!

This is classic "breadcrumbing". Don't put up with crumbs. You deserve a full slice.

Like I haven’t heard from him for 4-5 months. Radio silence. I didn’t look for contact at all. I was just busy living my life and all. I thought he was gone for good but just like herpes........ LOL

Anyway I think I won’t even say anything and just block him. "

Good girl

"Bin him off, block his sorry ass as he is keeping you hanging by the thinnest of threads as he knows he gets to you and is keeping you there as a back up and an ego boost for when he feels like a pick me up.

You can't move on unless you take control of this yourself instead of letting him choose for you, you need to know you're the one in control of what happens next for you to start over elsewhere with someone who is going to see you and enjoy time with you equally.

You're worth more than this, we all are x"

This is so so so true tho. I have to take control of this instead of letting him choose for me.

Thanks so much everyone for the lovely messages and for reinforcing the message.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I would tell him to stop all contact and then block him.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I would tell him to stop all contact and then block him. "

I'd have no contact with him whatsoever, she can achieve her 'no contact' objective without telling him anything.

"I would tell him to stop all contact and then block him.

I'd have no contact with him whatsoever, she can achieve her 'no contact' objective without telling him anything."

Exactly.

By *olverine30Man  over a year ago

DERBY

Block him and marry me! ????

By *exy Ruby 100 300Couple  over a year ago

unknown

Well I'd think your gorgeous sexy young the world is yr oyster, n why would you want to waste yr mental energy on a Dick ,block him let wonder why yr not bothered, he playing with your head,hope you find a good guy what you deserve, have fun there a some really good guys out there why settle for anything less ,Ruby xx

By *arol321Woman  over a year ago

Poole

Block him - everywhere!

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

Definitely block. Completely his loss for being a douche. Sounds like his relationship isn’t the best if he’s trying to find the smallest thing he can just to keep in contact with you.

Manchester (she/her)

"Block him - everywhere! "

And when he pops up like herpes on a different account or through a different app, block him there too.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I think he's keeping you on the back burner in case things go wrong with his ex. Unless you are a nosy bugger and want to know what's going on in his life I'd block him.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I think you should block him.

I don't know whether he's totally oblivious to your feelings, or wants to keep you as a plan B, but it's not good for you.

Out of your life and out of your head.

By *exyMPCouple  over a year ago

SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

What’s his deal????

"

Darling, just BLOCK him. He's just tormenting you & nobody needs that shit, especially in these weird times. Life's too short & blocking him will let you get on with your life.

You know you need to deep down xx

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

Can't do any harm.

I'd be pissed off with the recommendation thing though "

I'm the same. I wouldn't necessarily think he's doing it to hurt you, just that he wants you in his life.

However, YOUR feelings are more important here. So, block him for your own peace of mind.

Sorry it's happened to you. As has been said, we've all been there. Big hugs x

Cut the contact. I don't really see the point of being contacted for restaurant recommendation with Mrs. It borderlines on being bit cruel unless you have decided to be open about these things and true friends after.. if it makes you feel uneasy, put yourself first! Protect your feelings.

"I think he's keeping you on the back burner in case things go wrong with his ex. Unless you are a nosy bugger and want to know what's going on in his life I'd block him. "

Who likes being plan B..?

Dump the bum find someone who loves you for you with his whole heart and soul don’t ever bother getting second best always be with someone who loves you totally just my opinion still young lady onwards and upwards

"I think he's keeping you on the back burner in case things go wrong with his ex. Unless you are a nosy bugger and want to know what's going on in his life I'd block him. "

Omg, like maybe months ago when I was still in the middle of this triangle and obsessing I’d have probably struggled to find the strength and wanted to snoop.

Now , I’m like no, Kylie has left the building ....

"I think he's keeping you on the back burner in case things go wrong with his ex. Unless you are a nosy bugger and want to know what's going on in his life I'd block him.

Omg, like maybe months ago when I was still in the middle of this triangle and obsessing I’d have probably struggled to find the strength and wanted to snoop.

Now , I’m like no, Kylie has left the building ...."

I hope you've now blocked xx

"I think he's keeping you on the back burner in case things go wrong with his ex. Unless you are a nosy bugger and want to know what's going on in his life I'd block him.

Who likes being plan B..? "

Preach! I hate myself cos for months I thought I wasn’t enough . Not pretty enough, not talented enough , not woman enough.

Fuck him, plus she’s a skanky mess so they deserve each other

Who likes being plan B..?

Preach! I hate myself cos for months I thought I wasn’t enough . Not pretty enough, not talented enough , not woman enough.

Fuck him, plus she’s a skanky mess so they deserve each other "

Oh I'm very good at preaching to others

And nobody deserves to feel like that. You should feel like a priority, not an option, if it's a proper relationship.

Yaaaaayyyyyy

"Cut the contact. I don't really see the point of being contacted for restaurant recommendation with Mrs. It borderlines on being bit cruel unless you have decided to be open about these things and true friends after.. if it makes you feel uneasy, put yourself first! Protect your feelings. "

This is why I was like what’s his deal?

It Is borderline being cruel ... and even tho I don’t care about him truly, I can’t say that it didn’t bother me when I read the preview with the info (quote) “he’s finally back with his ex Mrs”

Like I’m upset at myself that it did annoy me but I can’t control it. Even if I admit I’m in a good place now and I don’t obsess over him

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Cut the contact. I don't really see the point of being contacted for restaurant recommendation with Mrs. It borderlines on being bit cruel unless you have decided to be open about these things and true friends after.. if it makes you feel uneasy, put yourself first! Protect your feelings.

It Is borderline being cruel ... and even tho I don’t care about him truly, I can’t say that it didn’t bother me when I read the preview with the info (quote) “he’s finally back with his ex Mrs”

Like I’m upset at myself that it did annoy me but I can’t control it. Even if I admit I’m in a good place now and I don’t obsess over him "

It's not borderline cruel. It *is* cruel. He's got access to internet search engines, presumably has other friends, could look at Facebook recommendations or even god forbid find a restaurant and try it out but no, he chooses to contact you.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I can relate but the situation is different.

My ex doesn't contact me or play games but I totally understand the getting tied up in knots.

Been almost a year for me now since we split and I'm cool talking about it when I bring it up, but it's sods law when I think I'm healing someone else will mention it and it has my stomach twisting and my heart pounding an anxiety pound.

Even now, if someone uses the word bliss on here my chest starts thumping. That was the first time I've typed it in a year. It made me feel sick in all honesty it was that hard to do. (It was part of his username and how he spent the first few months of our relationship in my phone)

What pisses me off is my reaction, my own body feeling like it's about to freefall and I get on my own nerves. I get really mad at myself

"Cut the contact. I don't really see the point of being contacted for restaurant recommendation with Mrs. It borderlines on being bit cruel unless you have decided to be open about these things and true friends after.. if it makes you feel uneasy, put yourself first! Protect your feelings.

Like I’m upset at myself that it did annoy me but I can’t control it. Even if I admit I’m in a good place now and I don’t obsess over him

It's not borderline cruel. It *is* cruel. He's got access to internet search engines, presumably has other friends, could look at Facebook recommendations or even god forbid find a restaurant and try it out but no, he chooses to contact you.

"

Indeed. Chose to be less blunt this time

It's completely unnecessary what he is doing!

By *reat me rightWoman  over a year ago

Rotherham

Block block block. Hes playing you and having his cake and eating it too you deserve WAY better

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Delete everything and block on every platform.

Forget about him.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Also another friend of mine used to keep her exes on a string. She'd tell them she wanted to remain friends then ignore them for a long time just answering a message now and again. It kept her in their head and always wondering when she'd answer. It was unkind and unnecessary.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Block him. Fuck that guy and it sounds like you'll be happier not reading his messages anyway .

Manchester (she/her)

"I can relate but the situation is different.

My ex doesn't contact me or play games but I totally understand the getting tied up in knots.

Been almost a year for me now since we split and I'm cool talking about it when I bring it up, but it's sods law when I think I'm healing someone else will mention it and it has my stomach twisting and my heart pounding an anxiety pound.

Even now, if someone uses the word bliss on here my chest starts thumping. That was the first time I've typed it in a year. It made me feel sick in all honesty it was that hard to do. (It was part of his username and how he spent the first few months of our relationship in my phone)

What pisses me off is my reaction, my own body feeling like it's about to freefall and I get on my own nerves. I get really mad at myself "

I hear you. Big hugs x

In all seriousness do whatever makes you happy life’s for living find a partner that’s going to love you

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"In all seriousness do whatever makes you happy life’s for living find a partner that’s going to love you "

Coz it's sooooo easy to do, just switch off all your emotions and invest them into someone else.

If things were that easy this thread wouldn't exist.

LADIES AND GENTS, I blocked his contact!

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"LADIES AND GENTS, I blocked his contact!

"

We need a high five emoji

"

How does it feel?

"

Congrats. That's a good healthy step forward for you

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Hooray!

How does it feel?"

Amazing, didn’t even open the messages and just straigut on blocked. Literally I’m in the “FUCK both of them” mode and don’t even feel guilty about it

It’s super empowering and this way, most certainly he gets the message not to bother me with his BS again

He can go look for info center now

Mine's just honest.... people can then make an informed decision xxx

"I can relate but the situation is different.

What pisses me off is my reaction, my own body feeling like it's about to freefall and I get on my own nerves. I get really mad at myself "

I can totally get this, sorry just catching up with all messages.

It takes so long and sometimes it’s more about anxiety and all than the actual feelings for these people. Cos maybe we processed them, but it can be that sometimes it bring us back to painful moments in our lives.

Like for me, reading that almost brought me back to that dark time of my life where I was a mess, a jealous bitch and totally hurting. I’m glad I’m out of there and intend to stay that way

By *ocksareoffMan  over a year ago

Out n About

No question about it block him, he's been playing you hoping to have you as a fall back.

Kick him down the road and forget about the *unt

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Block block block.

How does it feel?

Amazing, didn’t even open the messages and just straigut on blocked. Literally I’m in the “FUCK both of them” mode and don’t even feel guilty about it

It’s super empowering and this way, most certainly he gets the message not to bother me with his BS again

He can go look for info center now "

Good for you.

That’s what I’m wondering about as well. Is it that he loves his “Mrs” but misses you as a friend? There’s no way for us to tell but it is a possibility. I am not in touch with my ex girlfriends despite ending as friends but I still dearly miss them as friends."

Maybe he does miss me as a friend (we did get on a lot and clicked so I have to say that I was clinging onto that for ages), having said that... I’m not a counsellor friend for his fucked up relationship with his ex Mrs (that probably will only last till she finds a better and shinier new man) . Also I’m sure he clearly knows the ex Mrs topic hurt me a lot in the past and was always causing arguments

So I don’t understand why bring it up... unless he wanted me to block him or go find him to punch him in the face

Which I did BLOCK and archived all convos

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"

By *ark ph0enixWoman  over a year ago

Teesside

"I think you should block him. This guy knows what he’s doing and he’s feeding his ego with your pain.

Just block him. "

This!

Block and delete him.

Sadly some use this as a way of keeping options open or even as some perverse sort of power play knowing the feelings you once had.

You deserve so much more and so much better xxx

Definitely block. He's getting off on trying to reel you in from time to time. Shame on him. Be strong and hugs to you

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Block him. Will feel rubbish for a bit but ultimately you’ll feel better in the long run

Block him, and let him be in the past move on with your life

"Block him, and let him be in the past move on with your life "

Sorry add-on, take the power back, stop allowing him to have the power

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

"To be fair, my question is why haven't you already blocked him?

This is a good question, I don’t know I’m not that kind of girl that likes blocking people and rarely resort to that treatment

But I think I just should block him as anyway he doesn’t serve any purpose in my life. And is actually bringing me down and doesn’t seem to get it I don’t want to engage as I don’t even open his messages....

I’m reading through every message btw thanks for the replies "

He is just playing with you, dont rise. After 20 months with a fella I gave all to, he messaged me out of the blue 2 years later, just an x, nothing else, he is absolutely dead to me, isn't picking me up again, blocked and forgotten...not forgotten but he doesn't get to see that

He’s being really horrible OP why he would want to torment you is beyond me. I’m glad you blocked him, you are worth so much more than his mind games.

Mrs

Defo block...

He’s clearly not happy with his choices otherwise he’d be too busy enjoying himself to be contacting you at all.

So instead... he wants to make sure you’re not happy either by keeping himself current in your thoughts, feelings and emotions.

Rid yourself of anything to do with him and make yourself happy again xx

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Glad to see you blocked his ass - he ain't worth your time

I remember how empowered I felt when I deleted all whatsapp convos with my ex - was lush!!

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

Block, block, block.

Lick your wounds, treat yourself, finally forget about him & move on.

I did this on/off thing with someone for 5 years and it’s really not going to teach you anything new to re-open those wounds.

Get those boundaries up and only let in those worthy of your time and emotions x

Block

Block sounds to me like he’s trying to keep in contact for one reason only to keep you on the side so if gose wrong pardon my rudeness here but need to say it

If anything gose wrong he can always try and come back to you for sex

Been there done that it’s very hurtful to be used in that way

"Glad to see you blocked his ass - he ain't worth your time

I remember how empowered I felt when I deleted all whatsapp convos with my ex - was lush!! "

Ha yes girl! It took me ages to get to this point BUT I am in a good place so it wasn’t TOO impossible to do like I used to think when I was in the middle of it

Plus u guys all reassured me with my decision so thanks all for giving me a bit of extra strength

"Block, block, block.

I did this on/off thing with someone for 5 years and it’s really not going to teach you anything new to re-open those wounds.

Get those boundaries up and only let in those worthy of your time and emotions x"

Exactly, I sat down and thought. What does he add to my life?

Absolutely nothing or negativity. I don’t have time for this. Sorry but as Mary Condo does, get rid of things that have no purpose to us...

"

I love this emoticon haha

"Block, block, block.

Get those boundaries up and only let in those worthy of your time and emotions x

Absolutely nothing or negativity. I don’t have time for this. Sorry but as Mary Condo does, get rid of things that have no purpose to us... "

That made me laugh. I guess it didn't spark any joy?

Manchester (she/her)

"

Yes!!

"

Block, delete and eventually laugh at the mere mention of his name.

Until then.... have fun fun fun

"Block, block, block.

Absolutely nothing or negativity. I don’t have time for this. Sorry but as Mary Condo does, get rid of things that have no purpose to us...

That made me laugh. I guess it didn't spark any joy? "

Well When we were seeing each other ... yes , but that’s so long ago I can’t even remember lol

Block, delete and eventually laugh at the mere mention of his name.

Until then.... have fun fun fun "

Trying to have fun fun fun

Gals just wanna have funnn

Should message his gf and ask her to tell him to stop messaging and let her know you've blocked him.

Nothing like a bit of shit stirring in someone else's relationship

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

What’s his deal????

"

What a total and utter selfish toss pot he is...all about him self too I would just ignore his messages...as I have learnt that this annoys these 'head fuck' people, blocking them just lets them think 'Oh I have done their head in'...just be mega strong what ever you do..its up to you how you deal with it and good luck..

"Should message his gf and ask her to tell him to stop messaging and let her know you've blocked him.

Nothing like a bit of shit stirring in someone else's relationship

"

I’ve fantasised about it wish I was more gutsy lol

That’d have stirred the pot quite a LOT haha

What’s his deal????

What a total and utter selfish toss pot he is...all about him self too I would just ignore his messages...as I have learnt that this annoys these 'head fuck' people, blocking them just lets them think 'Oh I have done their head in'...just be mega strong what ever you do..its up to you how you deal with it and good luck.."

I tried my best to ignore him for weeks as he kept messaging. Apparently silence wasn’t a clear message to him and kept sending those shit messages. So I ended up blocking him (no message or anything)

Hopefully he gets it nice and clear that I’ve got boundaries

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

As lots have said, block him.

If you aren't replying as it is, it will make no difference to him and it's obviously causing you some distress (possibly not the right word, sorry)

It's not rude, it's just you looking after yourself which we all deserve to do.

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

What’s his deal????

What a total and utter selfish toss pot he is...all about him self too I would just ignore his messages...as I have learnt that this annoys these 'head fuck' people, blocking them just lets them think 'Oh I have done their head in'...just be mega strong what ever you do..its up to you how you deal with it and good luck..

I tried my best to ignore him for weeks as he kept messaging. Apparently silence wasn’t a clear message to him and kept sending those shit messages. So I ended up blocking him (no message or anything)

Hopefully he gets it nice and clear that I’ve got boundaries "

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

What’s his deal????

"

Well he really is a selfish tosser...Like some one has said get in touch with his girl friend and stir up the shit for him...although this could have a come back on you if he knows where you live...so maybe just block him...it's all head games so you might as well be the one that's in control I had all this years ago with an ex BF...I knew that leaving my phone in the bedroom where I couldn't hear it ringing did completely do his head in and I mean it really did do his head in...head games are good when your the one in control, I don't play them but that's how I had to deal with him.

What’s his deal????

Well he really is a selfish tosser...Like some one has said get in touch with his girl friend and stir up the shit for him...although this could have a come back on you if he knows where you live...so maybe just block him...it's all head games so you might as well be the one that's in control I had all this years ago with an ex BF...I knew that leaving my phone in the bedroom where I couldn't hear it ringing did completely do his head in and I mean it really did do his head in...head games are good when your the one in control, I don't play them but that's how I had to deal with him. "

Totally get it, I used to also play some games but I feel like it’s time to turn the page. As playing games mean you kinda engage even if passively..

I didn't play any when he messaged with his wonderful news of him going back to his ex gf... like what is there to say? What did he expect me to say?

he was lucky He didn’t get a block straight away. Should have kicked myself to do it and not wait a few weeks of silence but hey ho.

What’s his deal????

"

Again, Move it to the fantasy/Stories forum

What’s his deal????

Again, Move it to the fantasy/Stories forum "

Wish I could say it was fiction lol

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

What’s his deal????

"

Block him.

You should be your first priority.

He sounds either confused, or very insensitive.

I suggest you don't need that sh*t.

Take care.

Sx

By *ightyshyMan  over a year ago

brighton

Block him, it’s over he’s just trying to hold on to the control he had over you.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Block his email address and phone number. Call him first make it clear you no longer are willing to play his games. And move on with your life

» Add a new message to this topic