Jump to: Newest in thread

By *-man24 OP   Man  over a year ago

northwest

Anyone watching it if so who to win it

Max Verstappen for me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Can’t wait!!! It’s going to be close unless one of the top 2 make a mistake.. think Max may take this one...

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I'm pleased that it's so close, I hope the race is just as close. I think the start will be decisive, and probably be won and lost in the strategy.

For me, I think Hamilton will win.

Cal

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Really looking forward to this one, I just hope all 3 make it round the first lap. Highlights only for me though.

northwest

"Really looking forward to this one, I just hope all 3 make it round the first lap. Highlights only for me though."

Well I won’t do a Spoiler alert and updated the winner dude

Because Lewis and Max are on medium tyres and Perez is on softs, i think Perez will get the top spot quickly and pull away from the others. Because Perez is so good at making his tyres last i think he will go as long as possible, if he can build up a big enough lead to pit within a few laps of the others then Perez will win.

northwest

"Can’t wait!!! It’s going to be close unless one of the top 2 make a mistake.. think Max may take this one... "

Hope so it’s about time we had a new kid on the top step I think and it’s nice to see a woman interested in F1

Not started yet Lewis Hamilton

northwest

"Because Lewis and Max are on medium tyres and Perez is on softs, i think Perez will get the top spot quickly and pull away from the others. Because Perez is so good at making his tyres last i think he will go as long as possible, if he can build up a big enough lead to pit within a few laps of the others then Perez will win."
if that’s so I hope team orders don’t come in to play

"Because Lewis and Max are on medium tyres and Perez is on softs, i think Perez will get the top spot quickly and pull away from the others. Because Perez is so good at making his tyres last i think he will go as long as possible, if he can build up a big enough lead to pit within a few laps of the others then Perez will win. if that’s so I hope team orders don’t come in to play "

So do i, can you imagine the uproar if that radio call comes through "let Max pass, he's quicker". Checko's answer would be a series of bleeps lol.

northwest

"Not started yet Lewis Hamilton "

2pm is time to go go go in the voice of the late great Murray Walker

Watch arsenal v Fulham before it starts lol

By *ida8780Couple  over a year ago

any town

Checo for the win but think Hamilton will get it. Fingers crossed for Norris to get podium though.

Beers chilling ready, Lewis for the win I think

northwest

It’s starting to rain there and yes I love Lando to get it too just think max time hehe

"It’s starting to rain there and yes I love Lando to get it too just think max time hehe "

At the top of the circuit..........it could be gone by the race start.

northwest

"It’s starting to rain there and yes I love Lando to get it too just think max time hehe

At the top of the circuit..........it could be gone by the race start."

Let’s hope it’s a squirter then love the wet to spice things up ??

meeeee

Hoping Noris gets a decent chance like.. he was robbed in Q3 with the stupid track limits shite that apparently don't apply to everyone Px

"meeeee

Hoping Noris gets a decent chance like.. he was robbed in Q3 with the stupid track limits shite that apparently don't apply to everyone Px "

WHAT ??????

All through FP1,2,3 and quali track limits were enforced religiously for anyone that exceeded them...............you obviously didn't watch.

"meeeee

Hoping Noris gets a decent chance like.. he was robbed in Q3 with the stupid track limits shite that apparently don't apply to everyone Px

WHAT ??????

All through FP1,2,3 and quali track limits were enforced religiously for anyone that exceeded them...............you obviously didn't watch."

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

If half the track is wet and half of it is dry there is going to be carnage.... they are going to burn out on inters really quickly...

So if it is a who tends to look after tyres well.... Perez? Saint? Riccardio?

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

Looking forward to a exiting first few laps.

By *asilyled1Man  over a year ago

ogmore valley

Just put it on,hopefully a good unpredictable race ahead. I still hold hope for kimi to win again!

northwest

Great race made up for Lando getting 3rd and I picked the winner max

Lewis 2 not to bad

Scunthorpe

Well.... that was a race, great recovery by LH & dead chuffed for Lando. Ultimately though Max was near perfect today

1st two races have been quality,going to be an Epic battle between Lewis and Max

northwest

"1st two races have been quality,going to be an Epic battle between Lewis and Max "

Really hope so , I m Putting my money on Max just hope red bull’s reliability doesn’t come into play and loving Lando too

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Poor old bottas....gets whacked from nowhere and a mouthful from Russell as well

By *entlemenpipMan  over a year ago

not far

I used to love watching it back in the day but between the lack of actual racing to the lose of murry walker on commentary it doesn't have the same appeal

used to work with lando in another formula, that kid is something special,next year will be interesting with the new rules, hope it mixes things up abit

"Poor old bottas....gets whacked from nowhere and a mouthful from Russell as well "

Disgraceful behaviour from Russell, that crash was completely his fault, and his conduct after was terrible! I'm gobsmaked he didn't get a penalty. The stewards basically said the track narrowed and neither car moved, but he was the car behind, so it's up to him to overtake in an appropriate place without hitting the grass and losing control of his car! Bottas was driving in a straight line and didn't move once! Xx

I'm a huge fan of Russell. Hes got the qualities to match verstappen and Hamilton. To me Bottas was waaaay to aggressive in his defense. He shouldn't be in the merc and he knows it. I can understand everyone's frustrations but it's racing. Tempers flare and folk get angry. I'm impressed at the Williams being do far up the field.

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"I'm a huge fan of Russell. Hes got the qualities to match verstappen and Hamilton. To me Bottas was waaaay to aggressive in his defense. He shouldn't be in the merc and he knows it. I can understand everyone's frustrations but it's racing. Tempers flare and folk get angry. I'm impressed at the Williams being do far up the field. "

I think the incident was entirely Russell's fault. Not acceptable behaviour for someone starting out in F1. Accept the blame and learn from it.

"I'm a huge fan of Russell. Hes got the qualities to match verstappen and Hamilton. To me Bottas was waaaay to aggressive in his defense. He shouldn't be in the merc and he knows it. I can understand everyone's frustrations but it's racing. Tempers flare and folk get angry. I'm impressed at the Williams being do far up the field. "

Bottas didn't move. The onboard from Russell's car showed that and it was confirmed by the stewards. As the car in front he's entitled to take whatever line or position on the track he wants, as long as he doesn't move in the breaking zone or swerve dramatically Xx

Scunthorpe

"I'm a huge fan of Russell. Hes got the qualities to match verstappen and Hamilton. To me Bottas was waaaay to aggressive in his defense. He shouldn't be in the merc and he knows it. I can understand everyone's frustrations but it's racing. Tempers flare and folk get angry. I'm impressed at the Williams being do far up the field.

Bottas didn't move. The onboard from Russell's car showed that and it was confirmed by the stewards. As the car in front he's entitled to take whatever line or position on the track he wants, as long as he doesn't move in the breaking zone or swerve dramatically Xx"

It looked to me as though Bottas moved... in the breaking zone. It was only a small amount, but it was definitely there. Obviously a more experienced driver wouldn't have responded to that like Russel did, but I personally think it was Bottas' tiny movement that caused it.

Cal

By *inkyfilthymindMan  over a year ago

Berks / Heathrow

"I'm a huge fan of Russell. Hes got the qualities to match verstappen and Hamilton. To me Bottas was waaaay to aggressive in his defense. He shouldn't be in the merc and he knows it. I can understand everyone's frustrations but it's racing. Tempers flare and folk get angry. I'm impressed at the Williams being do far up the field.

Bottas didn't move. The onboard from Russell's car showed that and it was confirmed by the stewards. As the car in front he's entitled to take whatever line or position on the track he wants, as long as he doesn't move in the breaking zone or swerve dramatically Xx

It looked to me as though Bottas moved... in the breaking zone. It was only a small amount, but it was definitely there. Obviously a more experienced driver wouldn't have responded to that like Russel did, but I personally think it was Bottas' tiny movement that caused it.

Cal"

Bottas was on the dry line and the line converged. It was a major shunt and it’s amazing to see both of them walk away.

I can’t wait for DRS to be out of the picture next year. Its a needed evil at the moment, but the closing speed and having limited dry line caused the shunt.

Bottas wasn’t going to move into wet line to let Russell pass. Russell was closing in too fast, but he must know that Bottas had the racing line and it was his call to pull back.

The comments from Russell were bad form and left a bitter after taste

Scunthorpe

Cal

Bottas was on the dry line and the line converged. It was a major shunt and it’s amazing to see both of them walk away.

I can’t wait for DRS to be out of the picture next year. Its a needed evil at the moment, but the closing speed and having limited dry line caused the shunt.

Bottas wasn’t going to move into wet line to let Russell pass. Russell was closing in too fast, but he must know that Bottas had the racing line and it was his call to pull back.

The comments from Russell were bad form and left a bitter after taste "

I agree that Russell didn't respond well, ultimately though he showed that he is still very immature, both in his driving "brain" and his attitude. I'm sure he will get better over the next few months

Berks / Heathrow

Cal

I agree that Russell didn't respond well, ultimately though he showed that he is still very immature, both in his driving "brain" and his attitude. I'm sure he will get better over the next few months "

I look forward to that - with his talent, it will be great to watch a front of grid scrap. Lewis, Max, Charles, George and Lando all in equalish cars in the new regs will be perfect (a man can dream)

I had switched off the sky f1 package for a few years and got it back this year. Merc snooze fest over the years had been worse than Michael’s 5 titles or even Seb’s 4. Having Hamilton and Russell in the same car will be fun to watch

Scunthorpe

Cal

I agree that Russell didn't respond well, ultimately though he showed that he is still very immature, both in his driving "brain" and his attitude. I'm sure he will get better over the next few months

I look forward to that - with his talent, it will be great to watch a front of grid scrap. Lewis, Max, Charles, George and Lando all in equalish cars in the new regs will be perfect (a man can dream)

I had switched off the sky f1 package for a few years and got it back this year. Merc snooze fest over the years had been worse than Michael’s 5 titles or even Seb’s 4. Having Hamilton and Russell in the same car will be fun to watch "

I'll be surprised if Hamilton is there next year, he's been hinting for a while that he's thinking of stopping... certainly if he doesn't win the championship I think he'll go.

Cal

Berks / Heathrow

"

I'll be surprised if Hamilton is there next year, he's been hinting for a while that he's thinking of stopping... certainly if he doesn't win the championship I think he'll go.

Cal"

He has nothing left to prove and probably was bored winning so easily last year. He may not stay, there is enough exciting talent in the field to keep things interesting now compared to say 5 years ago.

By *irtydevil666Man  over a year ago

bristol

Russell issues apology......

By *J swingCouple  over a year ago

North

I can see 2 new drivers at Mercedes next year

One being George Russell

Hamilton said he wants to end his career with ferrari.

"Russell issues apology......"

Ah good. Fair enough xx

By *rben112Man  over a year ago

worcester

Racing incident caused by a way too effective DRS. The closing speed was stupid. Blame the FIA for such a dangerous gimmick

Berks / Heathrow

"Russell issues apology......

Ah good. Fair enough xx"

Wonder how much of it is Totto’s doing

northwest

"used to work with lando in another formula, that kid is something special,next year will be interesting with the new rules, hope it mixes things up abit"

Lando is going to be world champion I hope but what a fun down to earth man he comes across that why to me

By *ida8780Couple  over a year ago

any town

"used to work with lando in another formula, that kid is something special,next year will be interesting with the new rules, hope it mixes things up abit

Lando is going to be world champion I hope but what a fun down to earth man he comes across that why to me

"

Lando is the funniest guy on the grid. Already missing the bromance with him and sainz, but hopefully Danny ric and lando will bring the team further back up the grid as the season progresses.

Looking like it’s gonna be a Hamilton v verstappen season.

northwest

I want George Russell in a Mercedes next season but I think you might be right

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I've been watching it for many a year, and saw how good Jos Verstappen was, but I think Max will give Lewis a good run for his money this year, which can only be a good thing

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Incidentally, do Red Bull make racing cars, or energy drinks?

northwest

Both and soapbox cars to lol

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Both and soapbox cars to lol"

I love watching that as well, it's quite comical

By *rPeachyMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Bottas didn't move. The onboard from Russell's car showed that and it was confirmed by the stewards. As the car in front he's entitled to take whatever line or position on the track he wants, as long as he doesn't move in the breaking zone or swerve dramatically Xx"

I agree, Bottas was in no wrong - if you've got the balls to pull off a pass like that you can't be shitting your pants if the other driver keeps his line.

I also think Georgeous Russell is the real deal - he lives and learns x

» Add a new message to this topic