Hayfever

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is anyone else suffering today?

I feel wretched - I hope its hay-fever and not the dreaded lurgy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aramel.desiresMan  over a year ago

London

Yep. It has been killing me for a few weeks now.

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

I suffer from it every year and take hay fever allergy medication

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Came on last night. Forgot to take a cetirizine yesterday morning doubt I'd have noticed otherwise...

Yes, my eyes are so itchy and painful

I have it from February to November, but this time of year is the worst. My GP told me to consider an indoor job.

It's only just come on all of a sudden

I have blossom trees outside my flat and they're flowering - maybe that's why.

Evil bastards

"Yes, my eyes are so itchy and painful

I have it from February to November, but this time of year is the worst. My GP told me to consider an indoor job."

Working outside this time of year must be killer

Do you take medication?

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

visiting the beach

Mayflower (blackthorn blossom) is a bugger this time of year. It wrecks my ex-wife.

"Yes, my eyes are so itchy and painful

I have it from February to November, but this time of year is the worst. My GP told me to consider an indoor job.

Working outside this time of year must be killer

Do you take medication?"

Cetirizine daily from March and sodium cromoglicate eyedrops when the itching is very bad. Cutting out dairy makes the hay-fever lessen too, oddly.

"Mayflower (blackthorn blossom) is a bugger this time of year. It wrecks my ex-wife. "

I just Googled it - I have 2 trees outside my window

That must be it

I'm taking tablets immediately!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Luckily my mine hasn't been too bad this year x hope it stays that way. I hate it. Makes me feel all scruffy.

Im a bit snotty - some would say thats got nothing to do with hayfever

My hayfever has been bad for a couple of weeks, i take tablets and nose sprays all year round and add eye drops at this time of year too. I also have a cold and have side effects from my covid jab yesterday so feeling a bit rubbish today

Yep tree pollen is at its height at the minute. My eyes look like I've been up all night crying

By *BWandhusbandCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Itchy mouth all day yesterday. Sneezing away this morning. I have to be outside today, as we have family coming over to see us. I think I'll be wearing sunglasses, as it looks like I've been crying.

Katie.

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

I've not had a problem since I started wearing contact lenses a few years ago. Bizzare.

Mine has been mild so far but my youngest is suffering, it's got worse in the last few days. He's a coughing snot monster

By *entGent75Man  over a year ago

Dartford

I have been bad the last few days but mainly due to doing the gardening...anti-histamines are my saviour.

By *ooBulMan  over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

They mentioned tree pollen was high on the weather forecast a few days ago.... I nearly fainted - never heard them covering that before!

Pollen count yes but tree pollen/spores?

When it rains you get fungal spores & tree spores. Well, it starts me off any way! The pink blossom trees have sprouted up too near me & I have had to take a second anti-histamine over the last week or so.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Mine kicks in during February. It was pretty bad this year. Fortunately I now seem to be past most of the effects. Luke

I've been a bit smug so far this year that it hasn't touched me.

Woke up this morning feeling like I've headbutter a train

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

About 7 or 8 years ago, I started to take the off the shelf medication including nose stuff, eyes drops and a hayfever tablet. The result was about 6 to 8 weeks of suffering. So last year I decided to stop taking any of it because it didn't seem to help much. I had 4 weeks of itchy eyes and that was it - gone!!!

Not taken anything this year and I will stick to that plan.

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple  over a year ago

Fucksville

Cetrizine and the like are rubbish for heavy sufferers, ask your gp about fexofenadine, I suffered for years and I mean really suffered but fexo and a nasal spray have genuinely given me a normal life in summertime x x

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Is anyone else suffering today?

I feel wretched - I hope its hay-fever and not the dreaded lurgy "

I have been miserable for a few weeks now as my nose gets completely blocked. I do 12hr shifts and need to wear a mask and I feel as though I can not breath. The whole thing exhausts me. Nasal sprays are only a short term fix.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I've been bad early morning, both eyes streaming and a snotty nose. (I'm out early most mornings).

But generally clears up by 10am-ish.

Last couple of weeks have definitely been bad for me.

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

I feel wretched - I hope its hay-fever and not the dreaded lurgy

I have been miserable for a few weeks now as my nose gets completely blocked. I do 12hr shifts and need to wear a mask and I feel as though I can not breath. The whole thing exhausts me. Nasal sprays are only a short term fix."

Snap it's killing me at the minute being bunged up and thickly throat and having to wear a mask for my full shift, keep having to apologise to patients everytime I clear my throat

By *ooBulMan  over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

I know I'm going to regret this next bit but....

Have you thought of sucking on a fisherman's friend? It contains Menthol & Eucalyptus.

I often suck on a couple of lozenges before I go to an appointment or go shopping. It really works, although it's a temporary solution!

By *aramel.desiresMan  over a year ago

London

"I know I'm going to regret this next bit but....

Have you thought of sucking on a fisherman's friend? It contains Menthol & Eucalyptus.

I often suck on a couple of lozenges before I go to an appointment or go shopping. It really works, although

it's a temporary solution! "

I will give it a go. Thanks

"Cetrizine and the like are rubbish for heavy sufferers, ask your gp about fexofenadine, I suffered for years and I mean really suffered but fexo and a nasal spray have genuinely given me a normal life in summertime x x "

Yes I might do that - I'm notcstaying trapped inside all summer

I feel bloody awful

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"Cetrizine and the like are rubbish for heavy sufferers, ask your gp about fexofenadine, I suffered for years and I mean really suffered but fexo and a nasal spray have genuinely given me a normal life in summertime x x

I feel bloody awful"

Someone suggested trying local honey , Im going to give that a go

Yes I seem to suffering with it quite badly this year.

Rapeseed flowers get me all the time never had this before tablet in the morning sometimes works not all the time eyes streaming not good for driving

Every year and most of the year for me

That’s what I take

"They mentioned tree pollen was high on the weather forecast a few days ago.... I nearly fainted - never heard them covering that before!

Pollen count yes but tree pollen/spores?

When it rains you get fungal spores & tree spores. Well, it starts me off any way! The pink blossom trees have sprouted up too near me & I have had to take a second anti-histamine over the last week or so. "

you should be careful with doubling up, i always thought it was harmless because you can buy them pretty much anywhere and would take one kind in the morning and a different kind in the evening but the doctor said it can be dangerous and gave me something else stronger instead

"Cetrizine and the like are rubbish for heavy sufferers, ask your gp about fexofenadine, I suffered for years and I mean really suffered but fexo and a nasal spray have genuinely given me a normal life in summertime x x

I feel bloody awful

Someone suggested trying local honey , Im going to give that a go "

Honey?

OK well that seems harmless enough - woukd it work if I made cake with it?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Cetrizine and the like are rubbish for heavy sufferers, ask your gp about fexofenadine, I suffered for years and I mean really suffered but fexo and a nasal spray have genuinely given me a normal life in summertime x x "

My doctor used to prescribe that for my son but when he needed some more he said they didn't do hayfever tablets on prescription. I've just googled it and you can get 120 tablets online for £34. They worked so much better than all the usual ones you can get over the counter.

Do you know if they cause drowsiness?

I feel bloody awful

Honey?

"

It’s because the local honey has the same type of pollen as what you are suffering from, just in really low quantities, well that’s what I read anyway

My doctor used to prescribe that for my son but when he needed some more he said they didn't do hayfever tablets on prescription. I've just googled it and you can get 120 tablets online for £34. They worked so much better than all the usual ones you can get over the counter.

Do you know if they cause drowsiness? "

Drowsy is better than the hayfever symptoms!

Maybe not for a child though

Have you asked your GP about the injection?

i would challenge them on it , they said the same to me til they realised i was doubling up and still really suffering , i think because your loratadine and citizeritine are so cheap over the counter they try to make you just go buy it like they would with paracetamol as a first resort, but if you need something stronger than otc they should prescribe

I feel wretched - I hope its hay-fever and not the dreaded lurgy "

It's a high forecasted. Pollen day

By *ackdaw52Man  over a year ago

Chesterfield

My family are bee keepers and lots of people buy our honey as a hay-fever cure.

It has to be from bees in your area though. Supermarket honey won't work.

"My family are bee keepers and lots of people buy our honey as a hay-fever cure.

It has to be from bees in your area though. Supermarket honey won't work. "

We grew up on local honey. Didn't suffer with hayfever until I moved county. Local honey straight from the bees is so much nicer than supermarket stuff.

By *ackdaw52Man  over a year ago

Chesterfield

"My family are bee keepers and lots of people buy our honey as a hay-fever cure.

It has to be from bees in your area though. Supermarket honey won't work.

We grew up on local honey. Didn't suffer with hayfever until I moved county. Local honey straight from the bees is so much nicer than supermarket stuff. "

It will be. Commercial honey is full of preservatives and thinners!

People are always surprised by how different, and better, real honey is.

Northampton Somewhere

Have you asked your GP about the injection?"

Oh definitely but he's 19 now and drives. Everyone seems to have cut their lawns this weekend. Poor bugger looks like he's been in a fight

No re the injection, didn't know there was such a thing.

Northampton Somewhere

Do you know if they cause drowsiness? i would challenge them on it , they said the same to me til they realised i was doubling up and still really suffering , i think because your loratadine and citizeritine are so cheap over the counter they try to make you just go buy it like they would with paracetamol as a first resort, but if you need something stronger than otc they should prescribe "

My surgery are very strict, but I'll get my son to give them a call

It has to be from bees in your area though. Supermarket honey won't work. "

Thanks for that - I just ordered some from a local supplier

It's definitely worth a try!

If it doesn't work then I'll make cakes with it

Have you asked your GP about the injection?

Oh definitely but he's 19 now and drives. Everyone seems to have cut their lawns this weekend. Poor bugger looks like he's been in a fight

No re the injection, didn't know there was such a thing."

I just looked it up - the injection isn't free anymore and carries risks of side effects

I'm just going to stay inside today - the antihistamines I took are barely doing anything.

It’s always worth profiling your reactions and getting a read based on whatever you’re already taking.

For the phases of Tree, Grass, Agricultural and Flower Pollen I used to be ok on Loratadine (Active Ingredient).

However it got worse very quickly (physician cited my move to London and airborne particulates)and I had to change Active Ingredient. Local honey (micro-dosing on local pollen, effectively) didn’t work for me personally, and neither did taking pollen supplements. At my worst, I was on Loratadine, Nasal Spray AND eye drops to allay the itching (which if you’re not careful can contribute to eye conditions like Keratoconus).

Now I’m on x1 20mg Cetirizine daily for March through August, dialling down to x1 10mg Sept through March.

Very accurate and my life is normalised to the rare sniffle in high summer.

Your mileage may vary, as always

Fucksville

They don't make me droswy but I take all my mess at night time just in case x I have a pre paid cert so 11ish quid a month and it works out OK for me x I'd be lost without them x x

Fucksville

I feel bloody awful"

Def worth a try, I was at a point where the only Time I wasn't sneezing was when eating or sleeping, I wanted to scratch my face off and my nose was constantly peeling dry skin from the blowing x it was miserable, I suffered from a young age and only found fexofenadine a couple of years ago x if I'd have pushed the Dr's sooner I'd have had so much more funx

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

Yep I'm also on fexo and it works well. This is a bad time for us hay-fever suffered coz now as soon as you sneeze or sniffle in public people automatically think COVID.

Bless you all.

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

My eyes are so itchy today

I detest taking tablets I find the hay band acupressure band is very good

I feel bloody awful

Honey?

"

I think you’re meant to start earlier in the year, but it’s probably still worth a try.

Oh definitely I've had Hayfever since I was a kid

» Add a new message to this topic