FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Verifying Profiles

Verifying Profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey fourm fabbers!

Had this discussion with someone not long ago and thought it might be an interesting discussion to have here on the forums.

How are people getting verified, have you done it? Do you mind doing it?

I know a few are doing via cams on here but I have seen on another thread elsewhere a lot of people are having difficulty using that area of the site.

Hope this hasn't already been covered and look forward to everyone's input!

This is a safe space

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Bump

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

I got verified via the cams.

Not had any problems with them on PC (using Chrome) or Android.

Happy to chat to people and help get them verified.

"I got verified via the cams.

Not had any problems with them on PC (using Chrome) or Android.

Happy to chat to people and help get them verified."

I've used the cams a few times I find on mobile (android) they can be a tad on the slow or glitchy side

I'd also be happy to verify anyone if they'd like!

Maybe this will turn into a thread to help people get verifications

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Does a veri make someone genuine no start chatting then vid call yourself then you will know

I’m not bothered by verifications...I think it’s almost a bit “trip advisor” if I met someone in the real world I would ask for references and I don’t look at verifications here either.

"Does a veri make someone genuine no start chatting then vid call yourself then you will know "

Well the assumption by the site standards are that verifications are all genuine (clearly not always the case)

But as I said with other poster be an idea for people who would like to be verified to come forward and be offered that opportunity

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We've been cam verified by people that haven't seen us. One was given randomly by someone who said they'd seen me on cam 3 weeks before, but we never interacted, I never showed myself and K wasn't there!

You can't reject a veri either. It's rubbish.

We give no credence to cam veri's at all.

C

"I’m not bothered by verifications...I think it’s almost a bit “trip advisor” if I met someone in the real world I would ask for references and I don’t look at verifications here either."

I agree with you personally but I've seen more and more that profiles will not even look at someone that hasn't been verified by someone so it's a bit of a swings and roundabouts situation

"Does a veri make someone genuine no start chatting then vid call yourself then you will know

Well the assumption by the site standards are that verifications are all genuine (clearly not always the case)

But as I said with other poster be an idea for people who would like to be verified to come forward and be offered that opportunity "

Yes it would be a good opportunity

"We've been cam verified by people that haven't seen us. One was given randomly by someone who said they'd seen me on cam 3 weeks before, but we never interacted, I never showed myself and K wasn't there!

C"

Thats actually really interesting I didn't know you couldn't reject a veri

We are new to this so apologies in advance...

How does it work, do you just join the forum and then ask for people to verify you?? Or can you private chat/cam in the forum?

Just wondering what to expect... 5 min chat or something? Thanks

"We are new to this so apologies in advance...

How does it work, do you just join the forum and then ask for people to verify you?? Or can you private chat/cam in the forum?

Just wondering what to expect... 5 min chat or something? Thanks"

No, they need to see you, either in person or on live cam somehow. The chatrooms on this site are best for this, not the forums. Or you can just facetime someone off the site completely and do it that way.

easiest way is to go on the chat rooms on here, and ask if anyone would mind verifying you after chatting .. and showing you aren't actually a pigeon or one of those robots or something

Px

Just wondering what to expect... 5 min chat or something? Thanks"

No problem and great question!

For a person to verify you as genuine and real they need to see you either in person or on cam, the cam can be done here on the site (which for most they do) or alternatively you could cam chat on another app but that's completely at your discretion

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

I got verified from clubs and meets. I don’t cam so not an option.

If I meet someone who isn’t verified I’ll verify them to show genuine.

But I don’t verify in general. And as a rule, I don’t let meets verify me.

Think it’s just dead cringey and reading them puts me off haha

By *heonixRaven 777Woman  over a year ago

Guildford

Just wondering what to expect... 5 min chat or something? Thanks

No problem and great question!

For a person to verify you as genuine and real they need to see you either in person or on cam, the cam can be done here on the site (which for most they do) or alternatively you could cam chat on another app but that's completely at your discretion "

Can’t currently in person at the moment due to the Covid restrictions. You are able to leave cam verifications .

"I got verified from clubs and meets. I don’t cam so not an option.

Think it’s just dead cringey and reading them puts me off haha "

I have to agree slightly on the cringey ones I've seen some bad ones to be fair

But with covid cam verify is all a lot can get at the moment

"easiest way is to go on the chat rooms on here, and ask if anyone would mind verifying you after chatting .. and showing you aren't actually a pigeon or one of those robots or something

Px "

A pigeon that cracked me up

And also great advice!

"easiest way is to go on the chat rooms on here, and ask if anyone would mind verifying you after chatting .. and showing you aren't actually a pigeon or one of those robots or something

Px "

Damn, busted!

Will have to fly and hack another site now

Px

Damn, busted!

Will have to fly and hack another site now "

Well at least now you know you can use the cam section, one of us could help otherwise or fly straight like the crow

"We've been cam verified by people that haven't seen us. One was given randomly by someone who said they'd seen me on cam 3 weeks before, but we never interacted, I never showed myself and K wasn't there!

C"

Strange that you can't regect a random veri... starting to think we'll hold of untill socials are allowed again

North West

C

Strange that you can't regect a random veri... starting to think we'll hold of untill socials are allowed again "

I hate that you can’t reject a veri!

A guy I know got verified by a man and it wasn’t true- loads of girls and couples slated him for having straight on his profile but being bi. He deleted the profile in the end and made a new one! X

C

Strange that you can't regect a random veri... starting to think we'll hold of untill socials are allowed again

A guy I know got verified by a man and it wasn’t true- loads of girls and couples slated him for having straight on his profile but being bi. He deleted the profile in the end and made a new one! X"

Did he at least put bi in the new profile?

Think it’s just dead cringey and reading them puts me off haha "

Sounds like a decent plan, any good clubs worth checking out for first timers, we don't mind travelling and by time lock downs lifted will be we'll overdue a weekend away

North West

C

A guy I know got verified by a man and it wasn’t true- loads of girls and couples slated him for having straight on his profile but being bi. He deleted the profile in the end and made a new one! X

Did he at least put bi in the new profile? "

Haha I’d like to think he’d not have been embarrassed if he was Bi to say so! X

North West

Think it’s just dead cringey and reading them puts me off haha

Sounds like a decent plan, any good clubs worth checking out for first timers, we don't mind travelling and by time lock downs lifted will be we'll overdue a weekend away "

Club SX (now club play) in Blackpool is my ultimate fave an always worth the journey!

Love Cupid’s and townhouse too! All good fun Xx

C

Haha I’d like to think he’d not have been embarrassed if he was Bi to say so! X"

Maybe he was as I'm seeing a lot of "Fab straight"

If you get a social veri from a man or tv you're gay.

If you get a social veri from a woman you don't fuck.

If you get a cam veri you don't meet.

If you get a veri from a woman you've broken covid lockdown rules.

If you don't get a veri you're fake.

Welcome to Fab.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"I’m not bothered by verifications...I think it’s almost a bit “trip advisor” if I met someone in the real world I would ask for references and I don’t look at verifications here either."

Really don’t care about verifications in actual fact the worst experience I’ve had through fab was with a man with more than 50 veris. It’s really a false sense of security.

Anyone can write one and who would show a crap veri.... Nobody so I don't take notice of them...

C

Thats actually really interesting I didn't know you couldn't reject a veri "

You can choose to not display the veri or you can block them, that will remove it .However it will still show on your summery

I'm verified by someone I know in the real world, we've never hooked up (but I live in hope) but known each other a few years.

Not sure about the "are veris genuine" argument. I asked my friend to verify me because some members won't talk to you unless you are verified.

By *superfuse663Man  over a year ago

manchester

I might try getting a cam verification at some point, still not 100% on the whole cam thing. It's hard enough speaking to people I know in normal life on a video call.

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

Px "

What if you are a robotic pigeon?

North West

C

Maybe he was as I'm seeing a lot of "Fab straight" "

That’s what he got so much abuse for lol, but he’d never actually met the guy haha! Xx

C

Maybe he was as I'm seeing a lot of "Fab straight"

That’s what he got so much abuse for lol, but he’d never actually met the guy haha! Xx"

The poor guy after all thay hardship

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I met people in person who had been verified in person. I've since verified people in person (and occasionally on cam) as their first verification.

"I met people in person who had been verified in person. I've since verified people in person (and occasionally on cam) as their first verification."

Thats good of you. So far the concensus seems to be only verified by cam as no one can meet, some accept this some don't.

And some are looking for their first verification (I suppose myself included)

So far been an interesting discussion with some great opinions and advice

I was verified by my DD... It wasn't linked to a specific meet, but we've been playing for a while

"I was verified by my DD... It wasn't linked to a specific meet, but we've been playing for a while"

Its great you were able to do that. Think newer users are having a tougher time getting verified from what I gather anyway

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

When I started out on this site oh so many years ago I put a lot of store in the verification thing. I have since learnt that they don’t really mean that much as some are plain fake, some have been given by either overly kind people ( or possibly I am way too judgmental?!) and apparently some people will give them out for money.

If someone has a few club verifications it’s usually a good sign. Sadly not a possibility at the moment.

I guess they are good for attracting the newer members of fab though.

Good luck with losing your veri virginity OP

By *nterprizeABCMan  over a year ago

Aberystwyth

Some of us are waiting till lockdown ends. Only a few months to go, no point in fiddling around with cameras if we just need to wait a bit.

cam veri's = nothing ... i dont know anyone who see's a cam veri as a good thing ... at the very least a meet veri proves you do meet

By *inkyk1000Man  over a year ago

bournemouth

By _inkyk1000 Man

2 minutes ago

ferndown

Hi ive had fab a little while now and so far having no luck is there anyone who can help me out and verify me? We can cam chat or what ever... thanks

I don't need any veris. I've veryfied myself a long, long time ago.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

With restrictions easing fairly quickly, I'm expecting to do the traditional in person veris when possible. We could meet social-only now but I'm waiting for the full monty, which may be 3 months or so.

» Add a new message to this topic