FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pubs

Pubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ce Winger OP   Man  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I've done a bit of shopping today and fancied a pint on ma way home, popped into ma local, about 5 minutets walk from where I live.

"Have you booked a table" asked the barman.

"No" I replied.

"Then I can't serve you" he retorted.

I wouldn't have minded, but there was only about 5 people in there, and it's quite a big pub, with an outside smoking area

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Don't start me off Alice

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

It's part of a lot of pubs current policy, as we are operating still on a restricted numbers basis

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Don't start me off Alice "

I could have easily socially distanced from about 10 yards, was only be there for about 20 minutes

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No spontaneity allowed

Controlled planned 'fun' only!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I've done a bit of shopping today and fancied a pint on ma way home, popped into ma local, about 5 minutets walk from where I live.

"Have you booked a table" asked the barman.

"No" I replied.

"Then I can't serve you" he retorted.

I wouldn't have minded, but there was only about 5 people in there, and it's quite a big pub, with an outside smoking area "

Should have gone on your phone there and then and booked a table then lol

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"It's part of a lot of pubs current policy, as we are operating still on a restricted numbers basis"

That's fair enough, but the pub that I called into can hold over 100 people, without any problem, but as I said, there's an outside smoking area with tables and a TV, there was hardly anybody in there.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"It's part of a lot of pubs current policy, as we are operating still on a restricted numbers basis

That's fair enough, but the pub that I called into can hold over 100 people, without any problem, but as I said, there's an outside smoking area with tables and a TV, there was hardly anybody in there. "

Maybe they were all booked to arrive just after you left

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Should have gone on your phone there and then and booked a table then lol

"

If you're going for a sit down meal at a Restaurant, then I get it, but nipping in to an almost empty pub for 20 minutes?

Good job there's a Mr Booze offie just opposite where I live

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

"It's part of a lot of pubs current policy, as we are operating still on a restricted numbers basis

That's fair enough, but the pub that I called into can hold over 100 people, without any problem, but as I said, there's an outside smoking area with tables and a TV, there was hardly anybody in there. "

I thought it was outside seating only for now?

You have to pre-book around here, a max of 6 per table and restricted time allocated per booking. All drinks are ordered via an app or waitress at the table, no approaching the bar.

The empty tables you saw may be allocated to another person within the next 15 minutes or so, therefore they can’t allow ‘walk-ins’ as they’d have to ask you to leave when the booked person arrives.

It’s only for a couple of months, hopefully.

Lou x

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

That's fair enough, but the pub that I called into can hold over 100 people, without any problem, but as I said, there's an outside smoking area with tables and a TV, there was hardly anybody in there.

You have to pre-book around here, a max of 6 per table and restricted time allocated per booking. All drinks are ordered via an app or waitress at the table, no approaching the bar.

The empty tables you saw may be allocated to another person within the next 15 minutes or so, therefore they can’t allow ‘walk-ins’ as they’d have to ask you to leave when the booked person arrives.

Lou x "

If that's the case, then I wasn't aware of it. When the pubs opened up again last year, you never had to do that, if there was enough room, then you could sit at an appropriately distanced table without pre booking it.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

All pre booking here too...

I Had to book online to go to the pub , It seemed weird but hey ho gets me out

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

Lou x

If that's the case, then I wasn't aware of it. When the pubs opened up again last year, you never had to do that, if there was enough room, then you could sit at an appropriately distanced table without pre booking it."

It’s only Wetherspoons here where we don’t have to book but I hear it’s around a 30 minute queue to get in.

Lou x

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"All pre booking here too...

I Had to book online to go to the pub , It seemed weird but hey ho gets me out "

Yeah, but you carry a hip flask full of Old Jamaica Rum round with you at all times

» Add a new message to this topic