FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nikki Grahame

Nikki Grahame

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Only watched BB in the early years but remember Nikki Grahame well. So sad to hear she lost her battle against anorexia and died on Friday. Such a waste and such a dreadful illness which plagues so many males and females.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Yes sad.

Very young.

By *AABMan  over a year ago

Not far

I heard about her sad death on the news this morning. It stopped me in my tracks. Such a sad story.

Glasgowish

I only found out today. I cried and usually never cry. Poor soul who could not be helped.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's dreadfully sad, much in the same way as Caroline Flack was. You always hope someone can help but it shows how terrible mental illness is.

Glasgowish

Is
"It's dreadfully sad, much in the same way as Caroline Flack was. You always hope someone can help but it shows how terrible mental illness is."

Or how little support there is out there for those who suffer.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is It's dreadfully sad, much in the same way as Caroline Flack was. You always hope someone can help but it shows how terrible mental illness is.

Or how little support there is out there for those who suffer."

Or even if there is support, Carolines' family seemed to care very much, how difficult it is to help and make a difference.

Glasgowish

"Is It's dreadfully sad, much in the same way as Caroline Flack was. You always hope someone can help but it shows how terrible mental illness is.

Or how little support there is out there for those who suffer.

Or even if there is support, Carolines' family seemed to care very much, how difficult it is to help and make a difference. "

Sadly some people shun the help and are only focused on what they believe to be right.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

It's very sad news and the only good that can come from it is that hopefully it highlights how destructive and deadly anorexia is

Glasgowish

"It's very sad news and the only good that can come from it is that hopefully it highlights how destructive and deadly anorexia is "

But it never does. Look at Karen Carpenter and Lena Zavoroni. Years on we have got nowhere.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I read about it yesterday, so sad that she had suffered for so many years and couldn't get the help she needed without her friends making a go fund me page. There's a heartbreaking photo of her on line today of one of her ex boyfriends (Pete someone, he won the BB she was in) giving her a hug a day before she died. She's totally unrecognisable. Poor woman.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Very tragic, there is not enough support out there for any kind of mental heath disorder this includes eating problems.

By *eau and ArrowCouple  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

Very much like others this is very sad. Not an avid reality show watcher but I remember her tantrums (meant in the right way) as great tv. The bigger issue is the pressures on these instant stars and their need to stay relevant or semi relevant. The support is there but not always easy to access and thoughts will always go out to those suffering and those connected to them.x

Glasgowish

She wrote a couple of books one which is titled Dying to be Thin. Now she is dead. How sad is that?.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"It's very sad news and the only good that can come from it is that hopefully it highlights how destructive and deadly anorexia is

But it never does. Look at Karen Carpenter and Lena Zavoroni. Years on we have got nowhere."

Hopefully we live in a different time now and mental health is taken a bit more seriously

» Add a new message to this topic