FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Reminiscing

Reminiscing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Apparently there are six types of reminiscing, but only three of them are healthy for you. So I read today. Let's focus on the positive then...

What memory do you often enjoy recollecting?

I'll share mine in due course.

Ps. Might not reply immediately or to all. Thanks for the understanding. Will be great to read some "chicken soup" like, lifting up stories.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Doing a lot of this this week

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

The last time I had chicken soup now.

"Apparently there are six types of reminiscing, but only three of them are healthy for you. So I read today. Let's focus on the positive then...

You can't leave it there, without saying what they are and which ones are the healthy ones?

Ps. Might not reply immediately or to all. Thanks for the understanding. Will be great to read some "chicken soup" like, lifting up stories. "

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I like to reminisce about things I did with family, and we have a few funny stories that me and my mum remind each other about and we cry laughing, but if we dwell too long it leaves a slight sad feeling, so we move the convo along swiftly.

I have a tendency to be a bit overly sentimental.

I remember when my mum walked over 50 min to take me to see the empire strikes back. She had my brother and sister (aged 1 and 2) I a buggy and me walking. I was 6.

We were 15 min late and I didn't get to see the start of the movie until I was an adult.

My dad should have taken me but he had just abandoned us and my mum didn't want me to miss out.

It reminds me of all the sacrifices she made that I didn't appreciate until I had kids.

Very rarely reminisce. Not particularly sentimental or nostalgic but do have a couple of 'best times'.

Spending 10 hours in a pub solidly drinking with a girl in Plymouth - trying to order a McDonalds while pretending not to be d*unk and watching 'Rollerball' when we managed to find our way back to the friend's house we were staying at.

Getting smashed and high in a pub on the last day of college (Christmas hols.) with a group of friends and various others wandering in and out. Commandeering the jukebox and making everyone listen to 'Surfin' USM' and 'Fairytale of New York' over and over ...

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Ahhh love this. I was reminiscing last night with my stepdaughter about the first time I met her and her brothers. I remember the day like it was yesturday, she was only 18 months old at the time and she’s 20 in a few weeks. Really magical times

So many great childhood ones but I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing them here.

As an adult I remember sitting under a fig tree in my garden in Spain, looking towards the coast of North Africa which was visible on a clear day. Drinking coffee with a dash of rum while my dogs fought playfully. No mobile, no computer, no electricity! Never been happier.

I remember reading this thread for the first time.

Happy days.

By *adame BWoman  over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"I remember when my mum walked over 50 min to take me to see the empire strikes back. She had my brother and sister (aged 1 and 2) I a buggy and me walking. I was 6.

We were 15 min late and I didn't get to see the start of the movie until I was an adult.

My dad should have taken me but he had just abandoned us and my mum didn't want me to miss out.

It reminds me of all the sacrifices she made that I didn't appreciate until I had kids. "

What an amazing woman

C'est moi Boudoir

Things were tough growing up but my mother could make a day out, out of nothing and we used to have the most amazing picnics. My favourite memory of them was when it was my turn to hold the bowl of jelly on the way to the picnic and laughing the whole way there as the jelly was doing it's best to escape from the bowl. She was a brave woman entrusting a bowl of jelly to a car full of children but she knew we loved it.

Great thread op. Thank you

There is many....the one that sticks out in this moment...

On holiday in Morroco when I was 4 or 5, playing in the rock pools, catching little crabs n fish with my father, also ducking under breaking waves, thinking I wasent getting wet, my dad throwing us kids off his linked hands in to sea, then getting us from under water, him making us all bamboo bows n arrows, which I incidentally snapped a few weeks later in frustration

First school disco at secondary school, age 11. First slow dance, first kiss. I still remember what we were both wearing.

My mum collecting me from school - she didn’t really do it and I only remember this.

By *ocksareoffMan  over a year ago

Out n About

Playing snakes and ladders with my Dad

Sat on Mums lap having a cuddle and sucking my thumb

I think back to when I first met my partner after a year of chatting online. I never knew how much I needed him. And there are moments throughout our relationship I think back to often. I don't think anyone will ever know just how much he saved my life.

I often think about pregnancy and labour too. I had a few complications but it was a walk in the park and I will never forget how she felt in my stomach and the disbelief when they put her onto my chest. I never knew how much I needed her either.

I'd say they are my stand out memories.

I had it pretty rough growing up and I'll sometimes get caught up in traumatic past events which is never pleasant but everything I've been through has made me who I am today so I try not to let it get to me too much.

You know, people think you need money and hobbies to make amazing memories to treasure forever, but as these comments remind you, sometimes it's the most simple things like holding the wobbling jelly in the back of a car.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

The very first time I packed my bag, put it in my own car and took off for the weekend, escapism is my reminiscing go to when I am overwhelmed and yes it's not healthy to some but it saved my life aged 18 so I take it to a postitive place x

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Sometimes on a Sunday my dad would take me, my younger brother and the dog out to somewhere like Wanstead Flats for the afternoon.

We would then play hide and seek in the woods with the dog.

Bro and I would get a head start and then my dad would let the dog go to come find us.

We would be running and laughing like lunatics, and could hear the dog charging through the undergrowth behind us.

She would always catch us eventually and being a Labrador would then be hugely excited and try to lick us to death.

Rinse and repeat until we were all knackered.

Lots of laughter and great memories.

C'est moi Boudoir

That day in the park...sunshine, music, laughter, tightrope walking, sparks flying at the first touch, limbs entwined innocently,

being so wrapped up in the moment and loosing all sense of time until it got dark. Set the bar that hasn't been reached by anyone else. A happy and sad memory in equal proportion.

Life called.

Thank you for all the sharing so far.

I often like to go back to my childbirths, especially the first one. The most profound and empowering experiences of all the years.

The becoming of a new woman through motherhood.. so physically intense and spiritual to me in some sense. I remember chosing my eldest name the night before going into labour. Having that aha! moment.. and realising it was always waiting around to be chosen, just under my nose, to honour another precious memory of someone and connect a new human to rest of her family incorporating some initials and personal meanings. It sounds so complicated but it just came together in a click of a moment. That bulb lighting over my head and the fact I went to sleep with that thought and woke up to greet a baby the following day... it will always be one of my fondest memories. I remember betting what time she will be born and I was right. By a minute. I felt the most powerful ever on so many different levels. Some nature magic taking over, shutting out overthihking and letting intuition and instincts do what they do best.

I hope never to lose that memory.

"Apparently there are six types of reminiscing, but only three of them are healthy for you. So I read today. Let's focus on the positive then...

You can't leave it there, without saying what they are and which ones are the healthy ones?

Ps. Might not reply immediately or to all. Thanks for the understanding. Will be great to read some "chicken soup" like, lifting up stories. "

1. Obsessive: Everything was awful

2. Escapist: Those were the days

3. Narrative: A series of events (neutral)

4. Transmissive: When I was your age…

5. Instrumental: You take the good, you take the bad

6. Integrative: A worthwhile story

From an article by Arika Okrent

"Things were tough growing up but my mother could make a day out, out of nothing and we used to have the most amazing picnics. My favourite memory of them was when it was my turn to hold the bowl of jelly on the way to the picnic and laughing the whole way there as the jelly was doing it's best to escape from the bowl. She was a brave woman entrusting a bowl of jelly to a car full of children but she knew we loved it.

Great thread op. Thank you"

I thrive to be that kind of mum! Bringing joy through simple things and good laugh lucky you x

By *othicslaveCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Family time, convos ect

"Life called, I had to shit.

Thank you for all the sharing so far. "

How did it go ?

C'est moi Boudoir

"Things were tough growing up but my mother could make a day out, out of nothing and we used to have the most amazing picnics. My favourite memory of them was when it was my turn to hold the bowl of jelly on the way to the picnic and laughing the whole way there as the jelly was doing it's best to escape from the bowl. She was a brave woman entrusting a bowl of jelly to a car full of children but she knew we loved it.

Great thread op. Thank you

I thrive to be that kind of mum! Bringing joy through simple things and good laugh lucky you x"

Yes I am lucky as she made the best of a tough time and brought joy through such ordinary moments which hopefully my crew recognise that going for a picnic before the grocery shop is a brilliant parent hack as well as a lovely memory to have. My mother taught me to appreciate the simplicity of where you find fun and be as silly as you can be in that moment...

Going on what you shared, sounds like you are already x

"Life called, I had to shit.

Thank you for all the sharing so far.

How did it go ? "

There are 3 types of shit.

1. I don't give a shit

2. Shit, get down!

3. Shitting myself.

Which one you reckon i was called to do with your comment.

Mam biegunke?

» Add a new message to this topic