FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Embarrassing Gym Moments

Embarrassing Gym Moments

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oeBeans OP   Man  over a year ago

Derby

So in honour of the gyms re-opening tomorrow, what's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you or a "friend" at the gym?

I once tore my boxers mid-squat and like a warrior, I kept going with my set but had to grunt to cover the noise of the tear getting bigger... Luckily, the material didn't hang lower than my shorts but I did have a nice breeze for the rest of my workout

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

would have loved to be a fly on that wall! Nothing like that has happened to me thank god, however I did once attempt to run.. I can imagine that was embarrassing for anyone watching

I once put the treadmill on 10kph rather than 11kph

I slipped and flew off the back of the treadmill

as a new mam, i was at a gym where i could (thankfully) bring my babe with me.

they needed feeding mid-circuit.. so there's me babe in arms, breastfeeding, squatting.. Like a proper super mam.. not realising the two pads and two bras i had on under my top did nothing to hide the major leak from the other side.. which led to a 'spillage' on the floor that i had to ask one of the staff for some blue roll to sort out (i wanted to just sort it myself).. And they ended up with a mop and bucket and a wet floor sign

in typical British fashion, i went a lovely shade of beetroot and apologised profusely to anyone looking in my direction!

Px

I once asked everyone in the gym if it was slightly Narcissistic and vain to be pumping iron in front of a load of mirrors, well you could have heard a dumbbell drop, so I saw myself out.

Once while doing squats I farted and it echoed. Turned around to see several people looking at me.l

Derby

" would have loved to be a fly on that wall! Nothing like that has happened to me thank god, however I did once attempt to run.. I can imagine that was embarrassing for anyone watching "

Don't be embarrassed by that, run like Phoebe from Friends with no shame at all

Derby

"I once put the treadmill on 10kph rather than 11kph "

Only 10kph? That is embarrassing

Derby

"I slipped and flew off the back of the treadmill "

Ouch! Never done that but I imagine the knee and hip scrapes can't have been nice

I decided to join a gym and the guy showing me the ropes was seriously hot. I tried to push myself way too hard to impress and ended up almost fainting. Not a good look being told to sit with your head between your legs and take deep breaths!!

Fell off the bench with a 46kg dumbell in each hand... it was a comical roll onto the floor, the place was full i felt a dick.

Second was in the jacuzzi after a session, i had some luminous yello primark fitted swim shorts on... i got out and they were seethrough

Derby

"as a new mam, i was at a gym where i could (thankfully) bring my babe with me.

they needed feeding mid-circuit.. so there's me babe in arms, breastfeeding, squatting.. Like a proper super mam.. not realising the two pads and two bras i had on under my top did nothing to hide the major leak from the other side.. which led to a 'spillage' on the floor that i had to ask one of the staff for some blue roll to sort out (i wanted to just sort it myself).. And they ended up with a mop and bucket and a wet floor sign

in typical British fashion, i went a lovely shade of beetroot and apologised profusely to anyone looking in my direction!

Px "

I mean, good on you for being able to go to the gym and tend to your *ahem* motherly duties but it's always the worst when other people get involved when you just want to sort it yourself

I had the unfortunate incident of a dodgy dumbbell having the retaining nut drop off and the resulting plates landing firmly in my stomach and privates.

I may of made a few unusual noises that day!!

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Many, many, many years ago, when I gym fit, a guy on the treadmill in front of me was running and fell flat on his face and slid off the treadmill. After a moment to collect himself he jumped back on and carried on!

I admired that, because I would have died of embarrassment.

Derby

"I once asked everyone in the gym if it was slightly Narcissistic and vain to be pumping iron in front of a load of mirrors, well you could have heard a dumbbell drop, so I saw myself out. "

Way to make an entire gym feel self conscious while lifting weight you psychopath

I was sitting down see someone i knew shouted him over but it wasnt jim it was mike

Derby

"Once while doing squats I farted and it echoed. Turned around to see several people looking at me.l "

Need to practice those silent but violent ones where you look around in disgust with other people

"I was sitting down see someone i knew shouted him over but it wasnt jim it was mike"
i know better said than read

By *91kMan  over a year ago

Maidstone

Knocked myself out with an EZ bar while doing curls... Went a little too hard and the whole fucking gym saw/heard it too

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Tried to get up from the bench after a set and fell off

Put odd weights and the end of the barbell and couldn't figure out why it felt so uneven and had to reset a few times. Only after, when I was taking the plates off did I spot the missing 5kg on the floor

Shoulders on the bench, legs apart doing overhead tricep reps.

All good.

Went to shower and on removing my gym leggings I was horrified to see the seam was split.

I mentioned it before on a thread.. I saw someone take off the last plate only on one side of the bar on a squat rack. It all happened too fast for me to stop her there was about 4 plates on the other side. The bar catapulted over thankfully no injuries...

Derby

"I decided to join a gym and the guy showing me the ropes was seriously hot. I tried to push myself way too hard to impress and ended up almost fainting. Not a good look being told to sit with your head between your legs and take deep breaths!! "

Why do we do this when there's someone hot around lol. It doesn't impress them, they don't care but we end up looking the fools

"I decided to join a gym and the guy showing me the ropes was seriously hot. I tried to push myself way too hard to impress and ended up almost fainting. Not a good look being told to sit with your head between your legs and take deep breaths!!

Why do we do this when there's someone hot around lol. It doesn't impress them, they don't care but we end up looking the fools "

It’s ridiculous but even now, at the age I am, if I’m in the company of someone I find attractive, I turn into a blithering idiot with the mental age of a teenager!

Derby

"Fell off the bench with a 46kg dumbell in each hand... it was a comical roll onto the floor, the place was full i felt a dick.

Second was in the jacuzzi after a session, i had some luminous yello primark fitted swim shorts on... i got out and they were seethrough "

Haha it's always worse when it's packed. Did you figure out how you managed to roll into the floor?

Oh dear... hope no one got an eyeful then

My first day back after lockdown 1 I didn't go easy. They had moved the bikes upstairs for more space and after my workout I warmed down on the bike. But I had to bum shuffle down the stairs cause my legs had turnt to stone

Derby

"I had the unfortunate incident of a dodgy dumbbell having the retaining nut drop off and the resulting plates landing firmly in my stomach and privates.

I may of made a few unusual noises that day!!"

Ouch! Hope you were ok. I hate gyms that have those kind of dumbbells. It makes the weight totally unreliable imo

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Pushed myself too hard in a kettlebell class, legs were jelly, had to negotiate my way down the stair exit without a falling arse over it and b walking like I'd crapped myself

Derby

"Many, many, many years ago, when I gym fit, a guy on the treadmill in front of me was running and fell flat on his face and slid off the treadmill. After a moment to collect himself he jumped back on and carried on!

I admired that, because I would have died of embarrassment.

"

Oh he was probably dying on the inside but 100% tried to play it off so as not to draw attention to himself

Derby

"I was sitting down see someone i knew shouted him over but it wasnt jim it was mikei know better said than read "

Haha a good attempt was made though

Derby

"Knocked myself out with an EZ bar while doing curls... Went a little too hard and the whole fucking gym saw/heard it too "

Bloody hell, how high were you raising that bar!?

I almost did the same with my triceps exercise. Let's just say they're called "skull crusher's" for a reason

Derby

"Tried to get up from the bench after a set and fell off

Put odd weights and the end of the barbell and couldn't figure out why it felt so uneven and had to reset a few times. Only after, when I was taking the plates off did I spot the missing 5kg on the floor "

Haha I get the balance thing, you almost have to use all your core strength to get back up! Also done the same with the barbell weights. Luckily only did 1 or 2 reps before I noticed

Derby

"Shoulders on the bench, legs apart doing overhead tricep reps.

All good.

Went to shower and on removing my gym leggings I was horrified to see the seam was split. "

I just cringed for you, would you want someone to tell you in that position or were you happy they just let it be?

Doing 35kg sit ups 25kg plate and a 10kg plate only had grip off the 25kg plate just had the 10kg plate on top on a down rep the 10kg plate slid forward and land on my face black eye for a week or two lol

Derby

"I mentioned it before on a thread.. I saw someone take off the last plate only on one side of the bar on a squat rack. It all happened too fast for me to stop her there was about 4 plates on the other side. The bar catapulted over thankfully no injuries..."

I've done that before unfortunately, it's a harsh lesson to learn but like you said, thankfully no one was injured

Derby

"I decided to join a gym and the guy showing me the ropes was seriously hot. I tried to push myself way too hard to impress and ended up almost fainting. Not a good look being told to sit with your head between your legs and take deep breaths!!

Why do we do this when there's someone hot around lol. It doesn't impress them, they don't care but we end up looking the fools

It’s ridiculous but even now, at the age I am, if I’m in the company of someone I find attractive, I turn into a blithering idiot with the mental age of a teenager! "

I think it's normal for that to happen in everyday life, but at the gym, you can almost be peacocking because you have an immediate opportunity to impress them

Derby

"My first day back after lockdown 1 I didn't go easy. They had moved the bikes upstairs for more space and after my workout I warmed down on the bike. But I had to bum shuffle down the stairs cause my legs had turnt to stone "

Haha it's an odd sensation when your legs won't do what your brain says. It's almost like payback for putting them through that pain

Derby

"Pushed myself too hard in a kettlebell class, legs were jelly, had to negotiate my way down the stair exit without a falling arse over it and b walking like I'd crapped myself "

It's a feeling I'm sure everyone who's been to the gym can empathise with. Holding onto the hand rail with 2 hands for dear life

Farted at the bottom of a squat, very very loudly on many occasions

Blacked out after squats and deads on a few occasions, face planted straight into a womans boobs as she walked past me one time it happened

Spewed mid set on deadlifts, carried on

Derby

"Doing 35kg sit ups 25kg plate and a 10kg plate only had grip off the 25kg plate just had the 10kg plate on top on a down rep the 10kg plate slid forward and land on my face black eye for a week or two lol "

I mean, a 35kg sit-up might help overcome the embarrassment there. That is seriously impressive core strength!

Maidstone

"Knocked myself out with an EZ bar while doing curls... Went a little too hard and the whole fucking gym saw/heard it too

I almost did the same with my triceps exercise. Let's just say they're called "skull crusher's" for a reason "

Haha that would hurt even more with gravity assisting you! Ouch

Talking of which, this one wasn't me thankfully... But I've seen someone doing a farmer's walk with two loaded bars, and dropped one of them right on his toe. Easily over 100kg

Maidstone

Has anyone ever seen someone hyper extend on leg press?!

I've seen videos

"Knocked myself out with an EZ bar while doing curls... Went a little too hard and the whole fucking gym saw/heard it too

I almost did the same with my triceps exercise. Let's just say they're called "skull crusher's" for a reason

Haha that would hurt even more with gravity assisting you! Ouch

Talking of which, this one wasn't me thankfully... But I've seen someone doing a farmer's walk with two loaded bars, and dropped one of them right on his toe. Easily over 100kg "

I've seen tha on the farmers walk, comp I was in was 135kg per hand, dropped it on his foot, 2 very flat toes

"Shoulders on the bench, legs apart doing overhead tricep reps.

All good.

Went to shower and on removing my gym leggings I was horrified to see the seam was split.

I just cringed for you, would you want someone to tell you in that position or were you happy they just let it be?"

Nooooo I'd rather not be told haha but how would you even be able to say without laughing. Thankfully it was early morning so fairly quiet. To this day though, I check before putting any leggings on

"Doing 35kg sit ups 25kg plate and a 10kg plate only had grip off the 25kg plate just had the 10kg plate on top on a down rep the 10kg plate slid forward and land on my face black eye for a week or two lol

I mean, a 35kg sit-up might help overcome the embarrassment there. That is seriously impressive core strength! "

Maybe and thanks

I laugh about it now but at the time I wanted to die inside and hide.

Was back in my army days, had been away for 3 weeks and had no time to use the gym. So the morning after I got back to the UK, was straight in the gym and on the free weights with 2 of my mates, but my guts wernt feeling to good, I just thought trapped wind off the beers on the flight home and when I got back on camp that night. Sqauted down and out of no where I had a fart, we started laughing and then it clicked.... It wasn't a fart, it was a poo and not very solid either and didn't stay in the shorts. Ended up shutting the whole gym off while a company had to come in and clean the area down.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

"I laugh about it now but at the time I wanted to die inside and hide.

Was back in my army days, had been away for 3 weeks and had no time to use the gym. So the morning after I got back to the UK, was straight in the gym and on the free weights with 2 of my mates, but my guts wernt feeling to good, I just thought trapped wind off the beers on the flight home and when I got back on camp that night. Sqauted down and out of no where I had a fart, we started laughing and then it clicked.... It wasn't a fart, it was a poo and not very solid either and didn't stay in the shorts. Ended up shutting the whole gym off while a company had to come in and clean the area down. "

Ahhhh did they tease you about it?

"I laugh about it now but at the time I wanted to die inside and hide.

Was back in my army days, had been away for 3 weeks and had no time to use the gym. So the morning after I got back to the UK, was straight in the gym and on the free weights with 2 of my mates, but my guts wernt feeling to good, I just thought trapped wind off the beers on the flight home and when I got back on camp that night. Sqauted down and out of no where I had a fart, we started laughing and then it clicked.... It wasn't a fart, it was a poo and not very solid either and didn't stay in the shorts. Ended up shutting the whole gym off while a company had to come in and clean the area down.

Ahhhh did they tease you about it?

"

They still tease me now haha. Dreading my 30th this yeah, know fine well one of them will mention it haha.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I've been lucky that the only time I've done anything potentially embarrassing, nobody was around to see. I was doing hip thrusts and there was no big plates free in the weights I wanted so I used smaller ones and propped it up a bit on plates either side of me. I brought it back down in the wrong place and ended up a bit trapped under the bar. I got myself out but I had to do some weird contortions.

An ex of mine once came home from the gym fuming with a black eye. His spotter wasn't concentrating and he'd dropped the bar on his neck then paniced and tried to get it off and rolled the bar onto his face. Could have been nasty to be honest.

I get embarrassed just when the plates stick together on machines and then it drops off as you lift and makes a loud noise .

By *rooperRedMan  over a year ago

Littlehampton

Wearing my shorts inside out and not noticing until the end...

By *rooperRedMan  over a year ago

Littlehampton

I wouldn't call accidents embarrassing though, they're just accidents. Done enough of those, like passing out, a 29" box jump (onto a 30" box, resulting in a scar I now call my "legina"), chinning myself on push presses, etc. Oh, and falling off the bar doing a pull up, two meters straight down onto my back. Took a few months to get over that. Everyone else just looked at me like "Oh look, he's gimped out halfway through." Gym owner was like "Shit, lawsuit!" and more or less rolled me out of the place

Many moons ago I went to a step class that was like a professional choreographed dance

I couldn't do it at all and felt like a total knob, twisted my ankle and

cried.

I haven't been back since - it's put me off forever!

"Has anyone ever seen someone hyper extend on leg press?!

I've seen videos "

No but I was at a comp where a guy tore his quad off above the knee on a 400kg squat.

Hes back lifting and surpassed the 400kg mark now,insane really.

I once had a membership, the shame still cripples me

Once had a particularly sweaty work out one summer afternoon. As I was walking back to the changing rooms, my glasses had steamed up (I'm blind as a bat without them), so I took them off to clean them, as I was wiping them down, instead of walking into the Male changing room, I ended up opening the door to the cleaning cupboard next to it. Felt like a right berk but least I have the people on the treadmill a good laugh

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Every moment I ever spent in a gym was embarrassing.

Maidstone

I've seen videos

No but I was at a comp where a guy tore his quad off above the knee on a 400kg squat.

Hes back lifting and surpassed the 400kg mark now,insane really."

Remarkable what can be fixed these days. Think I'd throw in the towel if I detached a quad. But if he's squatting 400+ then it's probably more than just a hobby..

Same story as Ryan Crowley tearing his pec with Larry the other week!

Liverpool

I've seen videos "

Why the hell did I Google this!?

Derby

I've seen videos "

I literally never did leg press to start with because of these videos. I've done them recently, but only the seated ones and I'm suuuuuuuuuper careful about the weight and making sure my legs are in control

By *eddy004Man  over a year ago

Toy Town

I was doing a gym induction to a group of 12 on a busy Monday night. Finishing the induction I had the sit up bench. It had been left in the declined position and I chose to jump on it and show how it was to be used. As I reached to top of my second rep I farted. Couldn't hide the fact or blame it on a squeaky joint just styled it out by letting people not to overexert themselves.

Derby

"I've been lucky that the only time I've done anything potentially embarrassing, nobody was around to see. I was doing hip thrusts and there was no big plates free in the weights I wanted so I used smaller ones and propped it up a bit on plates either side of me. I brought it back down in the wrong place and ended up a bit trapped under the bar. I got myself out but I had to do some weird contortions.

An ex of mine once came home from the gym fuming with a black eye. His spotter wasn't concentrating and he'd dropped the bar on his neck then paniced and tried to get it off and rolled the bar onto his face. Could have been nasty to be honest.

I get embarrassed just when the plates stick together on machines and then it drops off as you lift and makes a loud noise . "

Trapped under a bar is always something I worry about. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing no one was around

That's awful to hear too! I wouldn't say that's embarrassing but it was very irresponsible

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

When I stepped on to the treadmill whilst it was going quite quick. I looked like a cartoon character trying to stay on my feet. It was hilarious but very embarrassing.

It's been great being back at the outdoor gym sessions this week.

"I once asked everyone in the gym if it was slightly Narcissistic and vain to be pumping iron in front of a load of mirrors, well you could have heard a dumbbell drop, so I saw myself out. "

"Many moons ago I went to a step class that was like a professional choreographed dance

cried.

"

I always end up facing the completely wrong way

Not in a gym but this happened in supermarket I was on security one day a very hot day if I can recall had information from member of staff that a lady was looking on the meat isle nothing to worry about or so I thought lady was about forty five walked up the isle and shiver my timbers her shorts had split quite badly I assumed she must come out commando as it was hanging out had to get female member of staff to go to her with blanket to cover her up.

There is some hot weather coming so lady’s don’t go out commando just in case

Derby

"I wouldn't call accidents embarrassing though, they're just accidents. Done enough of those, like passing out, a 29" box jump (onto a 30" box, resulting in a scar I now call my "legina"), chinning myself on push presses, etc. Oh, and falling off the bar doing a pull up, two meters straight down onto my back. Took a few months to get over that. Everyone else just looked at me like "Oh look, he's gimped out halfway through." Gym owner was like "Shit, lawsuit!" and more or less rolled me out of the place

"

Wow, I'm genuinely surprised you went back after all that

Derby

"Many moons ago I went to a step class that was like a professional choreographed dance

cried.

"

Awww I'm really sorry to hear that, didn't they have any beginner classes you could've joined?

Derby

"I once had a membership, the shame still cripples me "

Imagine if you had actually gone in

Derby

"Once had a particularly sweaty work out one summer afternoon. As I was walking back to the changing rooms, my glasses had steamed up (I'm blind as a bat without them), so I took them off to clean them, as I was wiping them down, instead of walking into the Male changing room, I ended up opening the door to the cleaning cupboard next to it. Felt like a right berk but least I have the people on the treadmill a good laugh "

To be fair, I was totally expecting that story to have you walk into the women's changing room! The cleaning cupboard doesn't seem so bad in comparison

Liverpool

"I've been lucky that the only time I've done anything potentially embarrassing, nobody was around to see. I was doing hip thrusts and there was no big plates free in the weights I wanted so I used smaller ones and propped it up a bit on plates either side of me. I brought it back down in the wrong place and ended up a bit trapped under the bar. I got myself out but I had to do some weird contortions.

I get embarrassed just when the plates stick together on machines and then it drops off as you lift and makes a loud noise .

Trapped under a bar is always something I worry about. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing no one was around

That's awful to hear too! I wouldn't say that's embarrassing but it was very irresponsible "

I wasn't trapped to the point of being unable to get out myself. Just enough to look a bit silly trying to wiggle myself out while lifting one side .

I think anything that can draw attention to you like that in the gym can be embarrassing. Then add in the dent to the male ego of failing at his left. Then having to wear the evidence of that on hour face for a week! But yes his spotter was very irresponsible. I think people can get blasé about it as they're not needed so often. I've seen people's spotters chatting to others or on their phone before.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

"Wearing my shorts inside out and not noticing until the end..."

Same. Wore my leggings inside out for a full gym session. Only as I was leaving did someone tell me.

By *ersey GirlCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Fell on the treadmill

Legs went numb from over doing the cross trainer. Legs buckled when I came off

Dropped a weight ball on someone's ankle

Smacked a Down syndrome boy with skipping ropes

R

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Tipped my wheelchair backwards while towing a prowler with over 100kg on it. Fixed that by putting weights on my footplate

» Add a new message to this topic