FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Let's talk about menstruation.

Let's talk about menstruation.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How many women suffer with irregular cycles?

How many of those women then would have to cancel a planned meet because of it? And in the process come across as a time waster maybe to the guy? Surely he'd think she would know her cycle and plan around it, so if she then cancelled because of it he could think it wasn't the truth?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just here to find out male perspective as I find this fascinating. I'm a bit of clockwork like that so wouldn't be able to comment from experience.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I discovered Beppi sponge tampons relatively recently.

They are brilliant if you prefer "mess free" sex on a period.

Take a bit of a knack to remove but otherwise they're a game changer

"I discovered Beppi sponge tampons relatively recently.

Take a bit of a knack to remove but otherwise they're a game changer "

Oooh need to check these out.

Im on the pill so all mine are like clockwork thank god! Also helpful as you can skip one if it clashes with meeting

These work great I’ve used them

I've heard of these before and still not tried them. I need to do it.

I've seen posts on women the go to clubs using these when they've been caught out.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I had this in the first 4 months of having a coil Inserted and my then Fb was pretty annoyed with my constant cancelling and amending dates as I'd come off then two days later boom I'd come on again, we made it through but it was tough going

"How many women suffer with irregular cycles?

How many of those women then would have to cancel a planned meet because of it? And in the process come across as a time waster maybe to the guy? Surely he'd think she would know her cycle and plan around it, so if she then cancelled because of it he could think it wasn't the truth?

"

I have a coil....l I’d honestly recommend anyone to get one..... I suffered for years, with irregular very heavy periods... massive mood changes.... and now I don’t get anything xx

My period can be unpredictable these days, tbh any time I've had to put off play due to aunt flo's visit, people have tried their best to convince me they don't care...

I do...doesn't stop J and I but meets are different.

If someone got the hump they'd be promptly blocked and forgotten about.

Lu

The wife has an odd cycle, it is what it is.

From a guys perspective, im understanding about such things. If a man thinks you're a time waster because of it, that's on him. Bar some form of interruption, all women have periods and he should understand

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

The Mrs has suffered from irregular cycles for a number of years now. Thankfully when she does come on its rarely as painful these days.

We have so far not needed to cancel any meets because of it, however have needed to amend or change what occurs.

I appreciate that some men may see it as an excuse not to meet, but for us it would be seen such if it formed a pattern or if there were constant excuses resulting in no meets.

If we just needed to push a meet back by a week or two then so be it.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I do, the joy of PCOS.

I've had to cancel meets before - not just because of the heavy bleeding but the intense pain and migraines that tend to accompany it. Plus my hormones go haywire and no one wants to face a black widow. I don't meet very often at all so by the point I'd meet someone they know from all my waffling I'm not messing them around.

Who actually thinks all periods are like clockwork? You only need a modicum of intelligence to know that's not true.

I have been cancelled on, because of a womens period, I didnt shout n scream timewaster, took it with good grace n humility, shit happens or periods happen

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

My ex seemed to have a cycle all of her own between 4 to 6 weeks.

If I had planned a meet, and got a message saying that the person had come on, I would not be angry, I might be a little pissed off, but not enough to spit my dummy out.

I don’t go into my periods, as I don’t want to, but I will talk about meets.

I used to feel awkward about my period, but now I realise that it’s a perfectly natural thing.

I wouldn’t actively want to be on my period for a meet, but it’s not a deal breaker for me, particularly as it doesn’t affect me in terms of pain etc.

I had a first meet, it had been arranged around a social so the date was fixed, and I came on. He knew in advance, and it was fine. It didn’t cause a problem.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I've cancelled plans due to my period. To be fair the person was understanding about it.

Think the more open everyone is about menstruation, the easier it is on everyone.

I've been cancelled a few times. But it's women's nature...that's it. Men should be just a patient a bit

"I have been cancelled on, because of a womens period, I didnt shout n scream timewaster, took it with good grace n humility, shit happens or periods happen "

I have a coil....l I’d honestly recommend anyone to get one..... I suffered for years, with irregular very heavy periods... massive mood changes.... and now I don’t get anything xx"

Snap. I know they don't work out for everyone but was a total life changer for me

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

My coil has changed my periods from heavy, heavy mood swings, and utterly unpredictable, to light to moderate and 3-5 weeks apart. (it's not peri they were more irregular in my teens and twenties)

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I haven't had a period in a very long time. Not sure exactly how long but it's over 5 years.

I don't think men expect women to be able to exactly predict her period though. On average women are on their period 25% of the time. If you allowed a few days either side to be safe that only allows you to meet 50% of the time and organising things can be tough enough as it is!

Liverpool

These are also great! In my early 20s I had 6 months of bleeding on and off all the time and these were amazing.

As a man with a few years on the clock, I would say don't worry about being thought of as a time waster.

Most men know that not all women can be calander regular all the time.

Its just another one of those 'real life' things that can interfere with 'fab life'. Kids and family do get ill / fall off bike, work does unexpectedly call when you are on call, transport issues, map reading skills, washing machine floods kitchen, and periods can all get in the way of meeting someone from here or a friend/family.

If he/she is worth your time then they might be disappointed but they will be understanding and patient....just as you would.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Has anyone tried period knickers? Are they any good?

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Mine are all over the shop thanks to me being in perimenopause (I think). Some months I miss one, then the next time they are in full heavy duty swing.

It caused chaos with me booking my smear test, which I had to cancel twice. Third time lucky though

My wife had a coil in for 8 years and barely had a period. She removed it for a medical reason and her periods returned much heavier than before. It has been really challenging for her.

She didn't go back to the coil because we felt it affected her mood and periods aside, her mood and mental health have improved.

Because she had the coil while we were swinging she never had to cancel or alter meets.

We had a few couples who had to cancel last min which was frustrating but never in a bad way.

The one woman who had to cancel broke my heart tho. She was going to be our first. We were super excited and a few days before she had to postpone because of the red flood. It was fine. We rearranged for two weeks time.

Then she quit the lifestyle. We chatted to her for a while after and she was happier away.

Its a big what if moment for us.

By *hortarseWoman  over a year ago

Norfolk

I went on the pill because my periods I was more on then off. It was getting me down because I couldn't meet.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

[Removed by poster at 11/04/21 09:43:11]

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’m glad to see this thread. Menstruation shouldn’t be a dirty word and should absolutely be part of normal conversations.

If someone cancelled because of their period, I’d understand. They can fluctuate and pop up when least expected or people loose track of time, etc

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Thanks to the joys of pcos this has been my life for 20+ years, always feel crap if I've ever had to cancel but unfortunately my body has just been too unpredictable

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Me. In the past I would bleed for up to 12 weeks. Not heavy but enough to make me not want to have sex.on top of this my cycles have never been regular thanks to pcos and my weight.

I've been called out because as a woman I should know when my period is and it should come like clock work.

I've been accused of lying when I've bled god longer than what they were taught at school so I offered to send them proof of they wanted (they declined thankfully).

Some men get very antsy when my period ruins their sex life

Manchester (she/her)

I've been shamed about my period and gynaecological issues enormously over my life.

We need to do better so others don't have to put up with the same.

Under the Duvet

Take a bit of a knack to remove but otherwise they're a game changer

These work great I’ve used them "

Prior to Beppi I've cancelled club meets when a period has lasted longer than anticipated.

Annoying but unavoidable at the time.

Now I'd be confident to Beppi it

Definitely irregular at the moment after having the implant, it’s getting better but still super frustrating.

Yes I would cancel a meet and have because I wouldn’t feel comfortable, even if they’ve said they don’t care.

Different story with the Mr though, and he’s amazing

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Oh and who doesn't love the 'still got a mouth and arse' response from guys wjen you have to cancel?!

Manchester (she/her)

"Oh and who doesn't love the 'still got a mouth and arse' response from guys wjen you have to cancel?! "

And I'm sure he has a hand, and I hope he knows how to use it with an attitude like that.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I am peri menopausal so get one every nine months or so - always a surprise but would be honest with the guy. If he can't handle that then he can't handle intimacy so it's byebye.

Being on my period is an absolute deal breaker for me to meet anyone.

If they get stroppy about it then I've probably dodged a bullet.

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

From a male perspective, women have periods and if they cancel or say they can't because of it, then I wouldn't be too bothered.

Re-arrange and if I live close by, I might drop some chocolate and a dvd off for you.

"Oh and who doesn't love the 'still got a mouth and arse' response from guys wjen you have to cancel?!

And I'm sure he has a hand, and I hope he knows how to use it with an attitude like that."

I need a pmsl emoji

Liverpool

"Me. In the past I would bleed for up to 12 weeks. Not heavy but enough to make me not want to have sex.on top of this my cycles have never been regular thanks to pcos and my weight.

I've been called out because as a woman I should know when my period is and it should come like clock work.

I've been accused of lying when I've bled god longer than what they were taught at school so I offered to send them proof of they wanted (they declined thankfully).

Some men get very antsy when my period ruins their sex life "

You poor thing. Honestly I'd rather take a proper period than the months of constant spotting any day when I had that. You completely have my sympathy. I was in a relationship but it really affected my sex life and confidence.

Liverpool

"Oh and who doesn't love the 'still got a mouth and arse' response from guys wjen you have to cancel?! "

Ugh, because of course as long as we can still please them that's all that matters right?

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

One of the few benefits of menopause is not having them! X

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Has anyone tried period knickers? Are they any good? "

Excellent question! I'm curious. I use a menstrual cup but also use a back up pad but hate feeling like I'm wearing a nappy. Period pants would be a good solution but they're very expensive and not sure about them......

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"From a male perspective, women have periods and if they cancel or say they can't because of it, then I wouldn't be too bothered.

Re-arrange and if I live close by, I might drop some chocolate and a dvd off for you."

Awwww that's jolly kind

Manchester (she/her)

"Oh and who doesn't love the 'still got a mouth and arse' response from guys wjen you have to cancel?!

And I'm sure he has a hand, and I hope he knows how to use it with an attitude like that.

I need a pmsl emoji "

Remove spaces

R o f l

I was made to feel abnormal from my early teen years when our male biology teacher announced that all womens periods were 28 day apart... Mine were every three weeks

They seem to have stopped now in the last year, which i used to think would be awesome, but now i feel a little less of a woman without them... Also makes me suddenly conscious of my age and that time is passing quickly

I tend not to cancel meets. I'd just offer anal instead!

"I tend not to cancel meets. I'd just offer anal instead!"

That’s the spirit

"

Yep, I've had this issue. It does make you look like a time waster xx

"

My periods have always been irregular, off contraception completely now because I was sterilised a few years ago

My periods are as regular as clockwork now.

Only issues I have is because I take Apixaban they are horrendous, I am exhausted at the end of four days of it.

And tbh never had an issue with guys, my old FWB was always happy with just cuddles and a film

Im scared this could go like the white creamy cum thread

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

The joys of a coil, mine have completely stopped - I know not everyone is as lucky though. I have friends that have an awful time and can last for two weeks then only get two weeks off. No women's body is the same so to expect all of them to 'run like clockwork' is insane

Personally I love the mirena coil. Like others have said it reduced it all. But I'm one of those cases where I fell pregnant with a normal coil in, had an ectopic and lost my left tube as a result. Coil was perfectly in place.

I just had loads of problems with the last one and that was the first one since that happened.

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

The pill I’m on completely stopped my periods for many years, which was bliss, but over the last few years they’ve come back. Unfortunately, it doesn’t deserve to be called a “cycle”, because there’s no rhyme or reason to it at all. I can go months at a time without one, and then have one that lasts 2-3 weeks. I can’t even predict it based on cramps, because I can have low level cramps for weeks followed by absolutely nothing.

One drawback is that orgasms can kickstart spotting if I’m around that stage, so I can start bleeding unexpectedly mid-meet. Luckily that’s so far only happened with my FWB and he’s incredibly relaxed about these things, so it hasn’t been as awkward as it could be. Fortunately, my periods are generally very light now, so while it can be messy it’s not usually like a scene from Dexter!

I think there are still a lot of men who don’t really understand periods, so would quite possibly think I was lying to get out of meeting, but there are also plenty of sensible grownups who do realise it’s not always straightforward.

If I had a meet arranged and my period started, depending on who it was with I might leave it up to them whether to go ahead or not, but I certainly wouldn’t be offended if they didn’t want to. But if they tried the “you’ve got two other holes” routine, I wouldn’t be meeting them either then or ever again in the future.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I suffered with endometriosis, fibroids & adenomyosis. I was on the pill to regulate to every 28 days (had to start on a Saturday due to sickness & fainting) but had random bleeding in between. This happened on a couple of meets when I 1st joined Fab as a single woman in 2015. I got called some horrible names & was told I was a time waster. But I just blocked them & moved on. If men can’t accept that sometimes things change, that is their problem not mine.

J x

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I'm normally pretty regular when when I'm mega stressed instead of delaying (which is common with stress) mine tends to hit early. I was a week early with this one. Every few months the hormones hit me so fucking hard I can only describe it as grief. That's the closest description I can come up with.

Cancelling, yes, if I'm having one of those grieving ones, I'll cancel. One where I'm not so battered hormonally I'd change it to social only and leave the ball in their court for if they wanted to meet or not.

I've been to clubs when on just for the social side.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive not had a period since i was 32 im now 56. I used to be irregular usually every two weeks and id loose massive clots and be on for weeks. I then was offered the coil. That day changed my life i never had another period and now im well past the period stage

Under the Duvet

When I was in my 20s I worked with a woman who talked about being "flooded off her feet".

One day it happened in work. Imagine Carrie. God I felt so sorry for her.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Mine are generally quite regular, and I track them on an app.

I know I'll be out of action for one week out of every 4, so plan around that.

Can't wait for menopause and no more periods though.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"When I was in my 20s I worked with a woman who talked about being "flooded off her feet".

One day it happened in work. Imagine Carrie. God I felt so sorry for her.

"

Mine were like that. It was so humiliating sometimes

J x

» Add a new message to this topic