FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have you ever met Prince Philip?

Have you ever met Prince Philip?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondering if any has any memories of meeting price Phillip.

I met him and the Queen when I was 5.

They did a visit to the hospital my mum was working at.

I was chosen to give the Queen flowers but I got so nervous I cried when I gave them to her then wet myself!

Prince Philip told me it was OK and happens all the time.

He was a lovely man.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ruebameMan  over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

Yes I met him 25 years ago he was on a shoot at the time was quite a funny man

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My sister was an army medic at the Cambridge hospital in Aldershot and met him and the Queen when they visited the Falklands war injured after the war..she said she found him very friendly and kind.

I met him once. He was surprisingly down to earth and VERY funny.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thank you for sharing.

He seemed very much like a funny and kind man

X

By *uminsiderMKMan  over a year ago

St Austell

My wife and I attended the 2012 Diamond Jubilee Garden Party at Henley - after arriving by boat, The Queen and Philip parted company to circulate in opposite directions...

....he headed our way, and whilst my wife was initially disappointed, she soon realised that around him everyone was animated and laughing at the occasional quip as he stopped to chat to random people, whereas (when we caught up with her) around The Queen everyone was speaking in hushed tones or maintaining a respectful silence as she was carefully ushered around to meet hand-picked individuals...

....so although at the end of the day she was pleased to have seen The Queen, it was actually Philip who made more of an impression...

Duke of Edinburgh award - briefly discussed my time in Andorra. ‘I wouldn’t know where the bloody place is’

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Just wondering if any has any memories of meeting price Phillip.

I was chosen to give the Queen flowers but I got so nervous I cried when I gave them to her then wet myself!

He was a lovely man. "

Ah bless you that did make me laugh.

Never met him but we did all march miles and line up from school in something like 1963 and wave as him and the queen drove past waving.

By *ichaelsmyMan  over a year ago

douglas

An amazing and funny man. I met him a couple of times

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I don't think we will see his likes again.

I think his life story is amazing.

By *uHorny1Man  over a year ago

Cannock

I've been shot at by him.

Did some pheasant beating and he was one of those shooting. He came and had a drink with us after. Nice fella.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I was part of the Management Thames of a large Hotel, Conference & Exhibition Hotel complex in Brighton.

Prince Phillip was coming to open a major conference dedicated to a subject about which he was greatly connected.

But 2 months before our Group Company MD decided all of us would be kitted out in brand new 3 piece Morning Suits, ties, shirts and shoes. Come the day, we were all lined up at 8am for inspection when the MD commented, "White Gloves, where are they?" Answer, we did not wear them!

Staff were sent out to every gents outfitters, tailors and shops and we must have cleared out all white gloves stock in town!

At 11am, the Prince turns up as scheduled to greet the varied dignitaries, Hotel big-wigs and went down our line-up, then looked at us all crippled in tight new shoes and starched collars and commented.."you all look so smart, but what utter imbecile decided you wear white gloves? You don't normally wear them, do you? They went out with the Ark!"

At that point he turned to look at our MD, who was by now squirming in embarrassment!

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"I was part of the Management Thames of a large Hotel, Conference & Exhibition Hotel complex in Brighton.

Prince Phillip was coming to open a major conference dedicated to a subject about which he was greatly connected.

But 2 months before our Group Company MD decided all of us would be kitted out in brand new 3 piece Morning Suits, ties, shirts and shoes. Come the day, we were all lined up at 8am for inspection when the MD commented, "White Gloves, where are they?" Answer, we did not wear them!

Staff were sent out to every gents outfitters, tailors and shops and we must have cleared out all white gloves stock in town!

At 11am, the Prince turns up as scheduled to greet the varied dignitaries, Hotel big-wigs and went down our line-up, then looked at us all crippled in tight new shoes and starched collars and commented.."you all look so smart, but what utter imbecile decided you wear white gloves? You don't normally wear them, do you? They went out with the Ark!"

At that point he turned to look at our MD, who was by now squirming in embarrassment! "

Sorry, should've read Management Team.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

He was a lovely man. "

Aaw..lovely story Lorna x

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I was part of the Management Thames of a large Hotel, Conference & Exhibition Hotel complex in Brighton.

At that point he turned to look at our MD, who was by now squirming in embarrassment! "

Haha!

They did a visit to the hospital my mum was

working at

My father was in the navy and in malta in 1951.philip told my dad to sort out a mooring rope.

He wasnt wearing a uniform was wearing an raf flying jacket and a woolly hat. It was winter.

My dad thought he was a dock worker and told him to fuck right off... Twat.

Later my dad had to go aboard to apologise and face punishment. Philip punished him severely.

He said, if you are going to shout abuse at someone end your comment with sir, you can never tell who you might be talking to. Dismissed about turn. No punishment awarded. However the navy weren't so easy going and my dad was continually turned down for promotion.

He was a lovely man. "

When I was conducting Public Duties at Buckingham Palace. HRH Prince Philip came into the guardroom with some biscuits Her Majesty had baked for the guard. I was stood to attention so upright I felt like I'd surely grown a couple of inches.

» Add a new message to this topic