FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Blocked for no reason!

Blocked for no reason!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Starting to get annoyed with this site now because we’ve been blocked three times today from sending messages and have no clue why! We haven’t said anything offensive and haven’t sent anything that would be in breach of fabs t&c’s.

Anyone else having trouble like this?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sometimes if people are not interested they will block. Whilst not the most polite approach it is certainly quick and efficient.

Is it specific people blocking you? Or do you think it’s Fab itself?

People don't need a reason to block you.

Don't take it personally. Just move on.

Lu

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"Starting to get annoyed with this site now because we’ve been blocked three times today from sending messages and have no clue why! We haven’t said anything offensive and haven’t sent anything that would be in breach of fabs t&c’s.

Anyone else having trouble like this?"

Welcome to the life of single guys on here

Don’t take it to heart. People have preferences and no one owes you a reply.

Just take a block as a polite “no Thankyou”

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

I imagine it's people blocking you, to indicate they're not interested.

Just ignore and don't take it to heart x

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

As in the site is stopping you sending messages by putting you in a message timeout?

There are some keywords which trigger an auto block

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

They blocked for a reason, you just don’t know what it was that’s all.

I’ve been blocked by people I’ve never interacted with and others I have blocked myself without giving any reason. It’s the site and how it works, we all have our reasons best to just move on.

Some people block everything and anyone they're not interested in, as a way of reducing the pool of people who show up in their searches. You never know why they've blocked you, so try not to let it get you down x

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

It happens, part of the game, don't take it to heart.

Plenty more fish in the sea as they say x

It's my daily routine...filling other's block list...without reason.

They probably aren't interested

"Is it specific people blocking you? Or do you think it’s Fab itself? "

It’s fab themselves, we keep trying to reply to message and it tells us we can’t and the block will be removed in a couple of hours. It’s removed and we reply then we try again a few mins later and it’s blocked again, so infuriating!

"Is it specific people blocking you? Or do you think it’s Fab itself?

It’s fab themselves, we keep trying to reply to message and it tells us we can’t and the block will be removed in a couple of hours. It’s removed and we reply then we try again a few mins later and it’s blocked again, so infuriating!"

Message admin

Sorry we should’ve been clear, it’s not people blocking us it’s fab blocking us from sending messages

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

Are you trying to type words you shouldn't?

It’s fab themselves, we keep trying to reply to message and it tells us we can’t and the block will be removed in a couple of hours. It’s removed and we reply then we try again a few mins later and it’s blocked again, so infuriating!

Message admin "

Have done about 7 times so far today!

Sometimes,some people block if they not interested...its nothing personal.

But some are ridiculously sensitive.

I got blocked once for trying to have a bit football banter with a couple who liked they football,I was only trying keep the crack going....the female before blocking me said "do you have to be so horrible and nasty".

I believe they were Celtic fans,and I joked on saying I love your yeovil town football shirts,which any football fan knows is only a daft bit of banter,as the shirts look very similar in colour.....blocked,it was ridiculous.

I also joked on with the female of a couple once that I was getting along with that we could hold hands in the street as we lived close,bearing in mind I put a "lol" on the end because i was being daft,harmless humour....she said " that's weird why would you say that "...blocked.

So some are over the top sensitive and naive,some are generally not interested and are avoiding crossing paths against...like I say,its nothing personal.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

Certain sites and things are blocked I believe

It can be the person has decided they are only interested in certain sections of fab and have certain filers on. Or just certain people they aren’t interested in.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I don't think many people block "for no reason". Maybe they looked at your profile, decided they are not interested in you. They want to remember that rather that keep reevaluating you. They don't want any messages from you because they know they are not interested.

Wouldn't that count as a reason? Or does it count and you somehow know that is not why they did it?

Message admin

Have done about 7 times so far today!"

Is there anything controversial or possibly banned in your message? Have a read through what the message says in case it’s an auto-filter or something!

For example I can’t say hyp notised in messages without adding a space in the middle due to a filter kicking in .. apparently that’s banned!

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Welcome to Fab!!

Think some people use it as a filter system so they don't come across you again if your not what their looking for.

Wouldn't take it to heart guys.

Her x

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Message admin

Have done about 7 times so far today!

Is there anything controversial or possibly banned in your message? Have a read through what the message says in case it’s an auto-filter or something!

For example I can’t say hyp notised in messages without adding a space in the middle due to a filter kicking in .. apparently that’s banned! "

I heard that's why Paul McKenna quit the site

we always block people we arent interested in, it saves the whole message merry go round happening again, nothing personal, it just makes it easyer for us that way, plus they then dont show up in our searches, and us in theirs

I’d say being blocked is a message no

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

There are certain words that seem to automatically trigger a message ban, not all of them are obviously controversial. Beyond that I'm not sure, it's possibly a glitch but only admin will be able to confirm the exact reason.

True

It's not blocking. They're trying to forget they looked.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

It’s fab themselves, we keep trying to reply to message and it tells us we can’t and the block will be removed in a couple of hours. It’s removed and we reply then we try again a few mins later and it’s blocked again, so infuriating!"

That isn't a block, it's a message ban.

You will have sent a word or phrase that triggers an automatic ban, could also be a web address.

If you look at the messages you are sending you will probably figure out where you are going wrong.

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

You just were not their type. Don’t worry about it!

"There are certain words that seem to automatically trigger a message ban, not all of them are obviously controversial. Beyond that I'm not sure, it's possibly a glitch but only admin will be able to confirm the exact reason. "

this

it would be helpful if there was a list of banned words or topics as the last time i got a block it was nothing controversial - so much so that i can’t remember the mistake i made so would easily make it again

either that or a warning error when trying to send the message like you get in the forum so then you wouldn’t actually send the message

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"There are certain words that seem to automatically trigger a message ban, not all of them are obviously controversial. Beyond that I'm not sure, it's possibly a glitch but only admin will be able to confirm the exact reason.

this

it would be helpful if there was a list of banned words or topics as the last time i got a block it was nothing controversial - so much so that i can’t remember the mistake i made so would easily make it again

either that or a warning error when trying to send the message like you get in the forum so then you wouldn’t actually send the message "

That is strange.

Because when I try to send a message with a trigger word I get a message telling I can't send that message, to edit it. If I try again with the same words I Then get a block. So I do get a warning first.

"There are certain words that seem to automatically trigger a message ban, not all of them are obviously controversial. Beyond that I'm not sure, it's possibly a glitch but only admin will be able to confirm the exact reason.

this

either that or a warning error when trying to send the message like you get in the forum so then you wouldn’t actually send the message "

Same for me too.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"

Message admin

Have done about 7 times so far today!"

7 times today? Not sure that's going to help. What makes you think that'll make them reply any sooner?

shits creek

this

either that or a warning error when trying to send the message like you get in the forum so then you wouldn’t actually send the message

That is strange.

Because when I try to send a message with a trigger word I get a message telling I can't send that message, to edit it. If I try again with the same words I Then get a block. So I do get a warning first."

I've had some that have come up with the warning but on other occasions I've had a message block without warning and you're left going "wtf did i say?"

this

That is strange.

Because when I try to send a message with a trigger word I get a message telling I can't send that message, to edit it. If I try again with the same words I Then get a block. So I do get a warning first."

the only time it happened to me i got what read like a warning , and the message didnt go , but the block was already in place so it wasn’t really a warning at all - i think it was a dating app or something we were talking about maybe - something as innocent as that anyway

I have been on forums where you get blocked if the bot thinks you are spamming.

Or you hit a message count for the day or if you message the same person too many times without reply.

Or maybe someone just reported you. I know you say you didnt say anything but maybe they took offence regardless

"Sometimes you get a warning, like if your trying to mention another site.

Other times you just get the time out msg, I got it for typing "in c*st"

Someone has just started a thread for a list of words that get you banned etc."

Oh so they will be on the naughty step then

To reiterate, it isn’t a profile that’s blocking us it’s fab itself preventing us from sending any message at all! We can send one or two then we are hit with “Sorry you can't send messages just now. Try again in a couple of hours the block will have cleared!”

It’s clear from this we haven’t reached some kind of messaging limit and it’s not the same profile we are trying to message, it’s across the board.

If the admins are reading this please tell us why this is happening and what we are supposed to have done wrong! If we’ve transgressed in any way then we at least deserve and explanation because at this point we are close to deleting our profile entirely. Not paying for a site supporter if we can just be blocked for no reason

I was once cock blocked by a cock dressed as a breeze block

"I was once cock blocked by a cock dressed as a breeze block"

Yeah thanks, that helps us with our issue on here

There’s always a reason

"I was once cock blocked by a cock dressed as a breeze block

Yeah thanks, that helps us with our issue on here "

sorry didnt read it

"There’s always a reason "

We keep asking the admins what that reason may be but as yet they haven't been forthcoming and we are at a loss to explain why. We haven’t been asking for meets and haven’t promoted other sites or a business etc

shits creek

"There’s always a reason

We keep asking the admins what that reason may be but as yet they haven't been forthcoming and we are at a loss to explain why. We haven’t been asking for meets and haven’t promoted other sites or a business etc "

I had it on the couples profile when we were arranging an event. We spoke about laying on food and drink and asked if people would be happy to contribute towards the cost or if they'd prefer to bring a bottle so we could gauge what we could afford if we were laying the full cost out ourselves. That was autoblocked and got us in trouble.

"There’s always a reason

We keep asking the admins what that reason may be but as yet they haven't been forthcoming and we are at a loss to explain why. We haven’t been asking for meets and haven’t promoted other sites or a business etc

I had it on the couples profile when we were arranging an event. We spoke about laying on food and drink and asked if people would be happy to contribute towards the cost or if they'd prefer to bring a bottle so we could gauge what we could afford if we were laying the full cost out ourselves. That was autoblocked and got us in trouble."

How long did you have to wait to find out that was the reason why though? We’ve asked numerous times and get no reply, even if it’s an error we think we should be told why it keeps happening

"Starting to get annoyed with this site now because we’ve been blocked three times today from sending messages and have no clue why! We haven’t said anything offensive and haven’t sent anything that would be in breach of fabs t&c’s.

Anyone else having trouble like this?"

I would not take offence. It could be because you live too close and they don't want you to know. I have blocked loads of my neighbours. Could be because they are just finding a way to stop you appearing in searches if they are not interested or if you have exchanged emails and don't want to take things forward. Loads of reasons. Think of all the people that haven't blocked you (glass half full).

"There’s always a reason

We keep asking the admins what that reason may be but as yet they haven't been forthcoming and we are at a loss to explain why. We haven’t been asking for meets and haven’t promoted other sites or a business etc "

Ah well I hope you get an answer soon.

[Removed by poster at 08/04/21 17:27:05]

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I gave you an answer hours ago.

You used a word, phrase or even a web address which triggered an automatic message ban.

Basically anything illegal, so maybe reconsider the messages you are sending.