FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Food for thought...

Food for thought...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ySweetLady OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

“(...) It is from the depths of that knowledge that I offer the only piece of advice I can honestly give: even in these depressing times try to find some part of the day that is worth relishing whether it is a moment of beauty half-glimpsed outside, the joy found in escaping into a different world on page or screen, or the pleasure of dressing up for yourself and no one else because it makes you feel fine.

The worst thing that you can do is wish your life away thinking of what might have been. Instead and no matter how hard or how impossible it might seem, try to enjoy at least one moment. None of us, in these most testing of times, know when it might be our last.”

Sarah Hughes, journalist, who died on Monday from cancer at the age of 48.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I try that every day downside is inevitably reality is still waiting for you regardless if thats good great tho

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It is a nice idea tho

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I'm naturally a glass half full kind of person, and I live my life by this sentiment...I can always find at least one reason to smile every day, even if that's just my pooch doing something silly or listening to the birds singing in the garden. My life isn't always a bed of roses, but the sun still shines in the sky even on the most dreary of days

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Finding out your time is limited makes it difficult to smile but waking each day helps a little x

» Add a new message to this topic