FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Age and beauty positivity

Age and beauty positivity

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reya73 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

I'm 47 and very much noticing my body and skin changing.

It's both scary and intruiging. The surrender is both tricky and liberating.

I was always given the impression by the world that ageing is a bad thing. Ugly and disappointing.

But actually I find some things quite nice!! For example.. The feel of my skin is softer, I quite like discovering the new grey hairs. I like my eye lines. I feel much more settled in myself as a person.

I don't like some things too!!!

So go on.. What do find is positive about ageing? What are you scared of? How easy or tricky is it to accept the changes? What do you find attractive?

X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I'm starting to see my age, the extra white hair and lines. But I'm actually liking it, think I look better now than I did 10 years ago. My only concern with getting older is my dodgy knee, been told I'm likely going to need a replacement so trying to avoid that.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Embrace the change I'm loving my few grey hair, not loving the aching bones so much though lol

Settling into the wisdom of being older, feeling the gorgeous life flow within me, and enjoying it, the knowledge I’m reaping, the maturity and certainty that age brings.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm perhaps not there yet, but I'm finding it liberating being comfortable in my own skin. Accepting myself for who I am, my strengths and weaknesses. I find the strength and grace of older women inspiring, and I hope to grow into it myself.

Whitley Bay

"Settling into the wisdom of being older, feeling the gorgeous life flow within me, and enjoying it, the knowledge I’m reaping, the maturity and certainty that age brings. "

Mmmmm x

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Aging in certainly better than the alternative

Whitley Bay

"I'm starting to see my age, the extra white hair and lines. But I'm actually liking it, think I look better now than I did 10 years ago. My only concern with getting older is my dodgy knee, been told I'm likely going to need a replacement so trying to avoid that. "

Don't believe them! Love that knee x

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I can honestly say, aside from parts of me breaking, I’m loving feeling my age. I’ve never felt more at home than I am now. Even the weird age spots that are appearing are actually comforting as they remind me of my beautiful Nanna.

Im much happier with how I look as I get older than I ever have been. I don't think there is anything I dislike about my appearance as a result of getting older.

"Aging in certainly better than the alternative "

This

I find aging upsetting and scary usually, I wish I didn't but I do. But it's still better than not getting to age at all, and I'm grateful for having the opportunity to do it.

By *hatever works for USCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield/Sunderland

"I can honestly say, aside from parts of me breaking, I’m loving feeling my age. I’ve never felt more at home than I am now. Even the weird age spots that are appearing are actually comforting as they remind me of my beautiful Nanna. "

this

Whitley Bay

"I'm perhaps not there yet, but I'm finding it liberating being comfortable in my own skin. Accepting myself for who I am, my strengths and weaknesses. I find the strength and grace of older women inspiring, and I hope to grow into it myself."

Ahh that's so nice to read.. When I was younger, I felt the same about women my age and older.

By *AABMan  over a year ago

Not far

On the downside my bum is beginning to discover the influence of gravity and I really should get some reading glasses. On the upside my immune system appears to be as good as it was in my youth, I’m fitter than I’ve ever been due to having a cycling midlife crisis, my skin is also softer, and my pubes are thinning out. My biggest fear is that I’ve probably only got 10 more years before nobody is interested in having sex with me.

By *rad670Man  over a year ago

South Lakes

I go through stages of feeling positive then negative about being late 50s.

Positives, your friends circle becomes smaller but more selective with people who have your back rather than want to stab you in it. You become generally wiser. I think in general you earn more money or learn how to do less for the same money as in choice of jobs and how to invest money more wisely.

Negatives I find are I often dwell on how many years I may or may not have left to do a few things I still want to do before being too old or in ill health. Recovery from injuries take longer. Joints complain often from years of either hard sports or manual working and the hard one is feeling like you become less attractive to the opposite sex.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"I'm starting to see my age, the extra white hair and lines. But I'm actually liking it, think I look better now than I did 10 years ago. My only concern with getting older is my dodgy knee, been told I'm likely going to need a replacement so trying to avoid that.

Don't believe them! Love that knee x "

Hasn't stopped me from digging in my garden all weekend. And starting up barre work again, loving that knee and strengthening as much as I can

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I try not to think about age too much and try make the most of what I have. Getting up to pee a couple of times a night is a pain though as my loo is downstairs.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

"

So go on.. What do find is positive about ageing? What are you scared of? How easy or tricky is it to accept the changes? What do you find attractive?

X "

I'm enjoying being 61 and pretty comfy in my own skin now especially since I get so many lovely messages from the people here... Love hearing people say I don't look my age.

Whitley Bay

"

X

I'm enjoying being 61 and pretty comfy in my own skin now especially since I get so many lovely messages from the people here... Love hearing people say I don't look my age. "

Comfy in your own skin is about the best we can wish for isn't it. Nice one xxx

Whitley Bay

"I try not to think about age too much and try make the most of what I have. Getting up to pee a couple of times a night is a pain though as my loo is downstairs."

Ooo downstairs loo.... Hey, no shame in a nice bedside wee pot.. I had one when I was pregnant and will be again when I'm getting up in the night ha!

Its a natural beautiful process .

Advertising misleads us with images of youth that equals beauty .

I have foundd beauty grows and flourishes with age

I have started to a big streak of grey in my fringe. Looks cool as I think

"I have started to a big streak of grey in my fringe. Looks cool as I think "
it looks beautiful x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Positive = no monkeys given, less leg and underarm hair, no periods, realisation of what's really important,

Scared of = being very old and unhealthy, it is not a good place to be

Accepting change = can be difficult when it's huge, sprouty hair on your chin.

Attractive = I find a lot of beauty in age. Society tells us that only sexy is beautiful, that isn't true.

The thing I've found odd is the change in attitude towards me/us. At the start of the pandemic for instance we had people very kindly contact us asking if we needed anything. It was surprising to realise people viewed us as vulnerable

Manchester (she/her)

"Positive = no monkeys given, less leg and underarm hair, no periods, realisation of what's really important,

Attractive = I find a lot of beauty in age. Society tells us that only sexy is beautiful, that isn't true.

The thing I've found odd is the change in attitude towards me/us. At the start of the pandemic for instance we had people very kindly contact us asking if we needed anything. It was surprising to realise people viewed us as vulnerable "

As someone who does work with people, umm, older than you - sorry not sorry

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I would say embrace it. And I find getting older. I appreciate the small things in life and the experience i’ve had when I was younger. And use now

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I'm getting more black hairs on my chin, which I dislike

My main fear is being immobile or fully dependent on others, considering I'm already not 100% mobile.

I'll be honest and say I've not noticed anything especially positive, but I'm lucky to not yet have grey hairs or noticeable wrinkles/lines on my face.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Positive = no monkeys given, less leg and underarm hair, no periods, realisation of what's really important,

The thing I've found odd is the change in attitude towards me/us. At the start of the pandemic for instance we had people very kindly contact us asking if we needed anything. It was surprising to realise people viewed us as vulnerable

As someone who does work with people, umm, older than you - sorry not sorry "

Our son messaged me recently and said as soon as they could be and his girlfriend would come over and "take me out for a walk" . I expect they'll each take and arm when we cross the road

I don't like it at all. I was always told I looked far younger than my age and always felt it with my energy and physical ability. I'm not exactly old now at 30 but starting to see the baby face go and its hard to keep a flat stomach and there's always always a niggling injury somewhere.

One and only positive is I used to have screening legs and arms and now they've thickened up a bit haha

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

I used to dread the thought of getting older. Now I'm well on the way apart from my very greying (thanks shit DNA for going it earlier rather than later) can't say I'm that bothered anymore

Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is Optional! So why not do it disgracefully

Just go with it, you can't change it....Embrace it

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I think I look better now than I did when I was younger...possibly the acceptance of myself that comes with age and experience, possibly I do actually look better. I'm cool with the grey hairs and don't want to colour them. Gravity has firmly taken hold, but meh! That's part of growing old, and that's also what good bras are for

Manchester (she/her)

As someone who does work with people, umm, older than you - sorry not sorry

Our son messaged me recently and said as soon as they could be and his girlfriend would come over and "take me out for a walk" . I expect they'll each take and arm when we cross the road "

Haha!

You're a decade or three young for needing that kind of treatment from my kind.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

I don’t mind getting old it’s just the recovery time when working out which seems to take longer these days. I can only cycle and run now and don’t have the energy to swim when trying to train for triathlons

I think I have a comfort and acceptance of myself that is positive, during younger years I think it’s more of a phase of working oneself out. But I definitely haven’t got ready to hang up my spurs always room to grow and develop, and stay healthy in mind and body, whilst enjoying life too. I find I get more out of life as I’ve got into my thirties too, I think I was too busy in younger years.

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I'm not doing too well with the aging thing. I'm 48 next week & after a 10st weightloss in the last few years, plus several skin removal surgeries, I've finally discovered a little bit body confidence. The problem is, I massively regret leaving it so late!! My hard work is already starting to deteriorate before my very eyes!!

By *r loveslickinMan  over a year ago

Deeside

Already balding end of 20s

More grey becoming prominent around sides and on chest not gone further down yet

Knees been dodgy for years 3 ops given up sport now

I like having more hair on my chest

I have found I’m lot healthier now and actually happy with my body and face, being at peace abs acceptance helps and definitely love my look now more than in my younger days.

I’m even enjoying the greys blend in we can look stylish so embracing it thankfully

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I am tracking my peri menopausal dry skin and dry hair and finding out what works for me, slowly embracing grey streaks from 10 years of full head box colours is the biggest change and I am on the right path for it, keeping fit and active Is important to me and to get back into daily swimming will be bliss x

By *alkingbootsMan  over a year ago

cavan

The early stages of getting older is fine, the latter stages are something different someone said the odd grey hair I would say the odd hair, but alas as long as you love yourself an you ladies keep posting your lovely photos all will be fine

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive never had a decent body so that doesnt bother me in the least.

The biggest surprise for me is how much ive mellowed. No longer needing to do the things i used to do. Although i will still always have my wild streak it rarely shows its face these days.

In other words ive become old and boring

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I am tracking my peri menopausal dry skin and dry hair and finding out what works for me, slowly embracing grey streaks from 10 years of full head box colours is the biggest change and I am on the right path for it, keeping fit and active Is important to me and to get back into daily swimming will be bliss x"

I think keeping fit and active is one of the most important things as you get older. Obviously certain conditions can limit you but all other things being equal a certain level of fitness really pays off into older age.

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I have come to accept that on the outside I am not that attractive anymore, but I am me, and believe its what is on the inside that counts.

I inherited my dads mob, my chest hair is turning grey in places, but on the inside I'm still the younger man I was

By *rooperRedMan  over a year ago

Littlehampton

I think I look better at (almost) 48 than I did ten or even twenty years ago. That and I'm more comfortable in my own skin. Shame it took so long to figure out. On the downside, I'm becoming aware that time is running out which sort of gives a sense of urgency, but can also lead to frustration... Hence why I sit on the beach a lot.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I have come to accept that on the outside I am not that attractive anymore, but I am me, and believe its what is on the inside that counts.

I inherited my dads mob, my chest hair is turning grey in places, but on the inside I'm still the younger man I was"

You never change inside. That was brought home to me recently when it was suggested that my brother went to live with my parents because my father is no longer able to look after my mother. The whole idea is ludicrous anyway but when I told my mum her first reaction was to say

" but I can't look after him! ".

It hadn't occurred to her that she was the one who needs looking after now.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I find it quite an eye opener that a lot of people are talking in terms of being old or older and when I look they're only in their 40s.

By *arker secrets 321Man  over a year ago

West Bromwich

I'm vain av botox 2 keep wrinkles off my forehead...got grey in my hair and stubble don't mind that .trying my hardest 2 hold my body in shape .lol x

By *rooperRedMan  over a year ago

Littlehampton

"I have come to accept that on the outside I am not that attractive anymore, but I am me, and believe its what is on the inside that counts.

I inherited my dads mob, my chest hair is turning grey in places, but on the inside I'm still the younger man I was

You never change inside. That was brought home to me recently when it was suggested that my brother went to live with my parents because my father is no longer able to look after my mother. The whole idea is ludicrous anyway but when I told my mum her first reaction was to say

" but I can't look after him! ".

It hadn't occurred to her that she was the one who needs looking after now."

We definitely stay the same, I'm a 22 year old wondering why my back hurts.

And we turn into our parents eventually, and then we realise they were the same as we were, probably wondering how the f... they ended up with kids and a bad back.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm vain av botox 2 keep wrinkles off my forehead...got grey in my hair and stubble don't mind that .trying my hardest 2 hold my body in shape .lol x "

I keep a fringe to cover the wrinkles

West Bromwich

"I'm vain av botox 2 keep wrinkles off my forehead...got grey in my hair and stubble don't mind that .trying my hardest 2 hold my body in shape .lol x

I keep a fringe to cover the wrinkles "

Lol like the botox x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm vain av botox 2 keep wrinkles off my forehead...got grey in my hair and stubble don't mind that .trying my hardest 2 hold my body in shape .lol x

Lol like the botox x "

Trust me if it didn't hurt, was really cheap and had no side effects I'd take anything going

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

I’m finding this a challenge. Feedback from female friends over the beard and greying hair is very positive, but I’ve always looked young for my age, so find it a challenge.

Also my body (which has never been chiselled) has gone to shit over lockdown.

I do still have some muscles, but it’s like fishing for fruit in a trifle. Every now and again you find something firm in the mush.

OP... youre a total weapon of a woman...xx

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

I have to say, none of the ladies on this thread have anything to worry about from what I’ve seen.

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

I love being the age I am..with all my wee flaws and pros.. apparently wiser.... my body is exactly how I want it to be.. I was very fit back in 2017 but then I became anaemic... I love my wrinkles and scars.... and the grey hairs.... as for the ass well its still hard and holding up

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

The downside is glasses for reading. That is a tad inconvenient. Other than that, it’s part of life. Hair, skin, body shape have all changed and I could nit pick but overall I’m content enough.

I find life easier and I’m content. No complaints so far

I look at growing older a little bit different from most , I’ve always worked with many people over the years and when I was younger a old man in his 60s once said , you got to get to this age young whipper snapper , so I always think to myself that some people don’t even reach I ripe old age , so appreciate it and enjoy life and growing old to the Max .

I turn 46 tomorrow

I wave in and out of feeling my age.

I certainly don't act it most of the time

There are so many positives about getting older especially as being attractive is mostly about how you project yourself.

There's a lot to be said about less fucks given

So my little grey glitter in my beard is okay, I actually like that.

"I turn 46 tomorrow

There are so many positives about getting older especially as being attractive is mostly about how you project yourself.

There's a lot to be said about less fucks given "

I always thought the best bit about being old is that you can do and say what you want.

People will just go "awww bless her she's ancient" and think it's sweet.

[Removed by poster at 07/04/21 10:38:49]

West Bromwich

Lol like the botox x

Trust me if it didn't hurt, was really cheap and had no side effects I'd take anything going "

It dont hurt pay 180 4 3 areas x

"I turn 46 tomorrow

I always thought the best bit about being old is that you can do and say what you want.

People will just go "awww bless her she's ancient" and think it's sweet. "

I'm going to ram people with my trolley in the supermarket and let them apologise to me because I'm ancient

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Lol like the botox x

Trust me if it didn't hurt, was really cheap and had no side effects I'd take anything going

It dont hurt pay 180 4 3 areas x"

Yeah, they do it where I get my hair done. They're always trying to persuade me to have BOTOX or get something pierced lol.

"I turn 46 tomorrow

I'm going to ram people with my trolley in the supermarket and let them apologise to me because I'm ancient "

Then fall to the floor screeching "owww mi hip! Mi hip!!" And you'll get the entire trolley of Tena and vodka for free.

I hate the thought of getting old. I see people I went to school with and I’m like WTF they look ancient!!

Give me a miracle cream any day...

I'm noticing signs of ageing like wrinkles around my eyes. I don't mind it. I feel more confident and comfortable in my skin as a fat middle aged bird than I ever did in my slim and stunning 20s.

I took a face pic recently and inspected all the new lines..

They told me i smiled and cried a lot. I frowned and I worried. I put on weight. I lost weight. I was made to laugh and made to feel scared. They told me I don't look at myself enough with kindness.

It's my own face made embroidery. And there is more patterns to add.

"I turn 46 tomorrow

I'm going to ram people with my trolley in the supermarket and let them apologise to me because I'm ancient

Then fall to the floor screeching "owww mi hip! Mi hip!!" And you'll get the entire trolley of Tena and vodka for free. "

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

How lovely to see you posting again OP!

In response to your question;

I like the changing of my hair, the salt and pepper greying in my beard makes me feel wise, if only in looks at least!

The growing sense of understanding and experience of myself and others.

Watching my children grow into unique and wonderful people.

These are all parts of it

West Bromwich

Lol like the botox x

Trust me if it didn't hurt, was

really cheap and had no side effects I'd take anything going

Yeah, they do it where I get my hair done. They're always trying to persuade me to have BOTOX or get something pierced lol. "

Go 4 it x

I'm definitely not enjoying my age at the moment as since I was diagnosed with cancer last November, I feel like a 99 year old woman. It's the treatment that is ageing me, my skin is so dry my hair is thinning and falling out, all my joints hurt etc. I always wanted to grow old gracefully but unfortunately now, I don't have that choice It's all a bit shit!

Sorry to hear Dana hope things get better soon

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

Hmm, where do I start? Up to a year ago I was relatively ok with aging.

No periods

Zero fucks given

Worldly wise, etc

But the last year seems to have aged me 10yrs. My skin is horrendous, I itch everywhere, dark circles under my eyes & weight piling on.

It's lack of hormones, I know. But I'm really not feeling comfortable or remotely attractive these days.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

"I'm definitely not enjoying my age at the moment as since I was diagnosed with cancer last November, I feel like a 99 year old woman. It's the treatment that is ageing me, my skin is so dry my hair is thinning and falling out, all my joints hurt etc. I always wanted to grow old gracefully but unfortunately now, I don't have that choice It's all a bit shit!"

Oh, Dana. Bless you. I hope the treatment is over soon, as I know it is grueling. Xx

(Makes me feel petty & superficial now )

By *ocksareoffMan  over a year ago

Out n About

As I grow older I'm less bothered about my podgey stomach or wrinkles around my eyes. I am enjoying turning grey mind you, the ol' silver fox doesn't bother me

Been grey haired since twenty eight as men get older everything shrinks unfortunately the stomach doesn’t even though I walk about ten miles a day at work

I've aged terribly in the last couple of years. I've developed lines under my eyes, wrinkles on my chest and the grey hairs are currently coming through at an alarming rate and I'm only 27. Oh, and my boobs drop more each year which is terrifying. O.o

I do like the lines under my eyes, I've got a chubby baby face so they add a little maturity. I have to say, that is all I like so far. I'm going to try my best to embrace my body and face as I age but I will probably get botox whenever the forehead wrinkles decide to make an appearance.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Lol like the botox x

Trust me if it didn't hurt, was

really cheap and had no side effects I'd take anything going

Yeah, they do it where I get my hair done. They're always trying to persuade me to have BOTOX or get something pierced lol.

Go 4 it x "

I'm a scaredy cat. Lol

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

"I find it quite an eye opener that a lot of people are talking in terms of being old or older and when I look they're only in their 40s. "

I personally think when you hit your 40s you start to be more aware of age. You're no longer in the young crowd although the head thinks it is . And for some women it's the start of premenopausal years. You either become more accepting of the inevitable or dread every minute of it

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I find it quite an eye opener that a lot of people are talking in terms of being old or older and when I look they're only in their 40s.

I personally think when you hit your 40s you start to be more aware of age. You're no longer in the young crowd although the head thinks it is . And for some women it's the start of premenopausal years. You either become more accepting of the inevitable or dread every minute of it "

could be. I didn't start to really be aware of my age as such until I hit 60 then I realised that the young men in the street weren't looking at me because they liked what they saw but because they wondered if they needed to help me across the road

Nothing to be afraid of, that's wasted energy as not much can be done about it. Focus moves to different things.

Finding self confidence. I'm starting my own business and getting seriously stuck into weight loss.

I don't think I've ever felt as motivated!

Got into fitness for the first time in a long time last March. I have been very overweight for years and finally got myself reasonably fit. Lost three stone. Happy that most of the fat hasn’t come back. I’m 47.

"Got into fitness for the first time in a long time last March. I have been very overweight for years and finally got myself reasonably fit. Lost three stone. Happy that most of the fat hasn’t come back. I’m 47."

That's brilliant!

Whitley Bay

"I'm not doing too well with the aging thing. I'm 48 next week & after a 10st weightloss in the last few years, plus several skin removal surgeries, I've finally discovered a little bit body confidence. The problem is, I massively regret leaving it so late!! My hard work is already starting to deteriorate before my very eyes!! "

What a journey. You're health must have very much improved. X

Whitley Bay

"I took a face pic recently and inspected all the new lines..

They told me i smiled and cried a lot. I frowned and I worried. I put on weight. I lost weight. I was made to laugh and made to feel scared. They told me I don't look at myself enough with kindness.

It's my own face made embroidery. And there is more patterns to add. "

You make poetry out of life and embroidery now too

Whitley Bay

"How lovely to see you posting again OP!

In response to your question;

I like the changing of my hair, the salt and pepper greying in my beard makes me feel wise, if only in looks at least!

The growing sense of understanding and experience of myself and others.

Watching my children grow into unique and wonderful people.

These are all parts of it"

Wise monkey you are xxx

"I took a face pic recently and inspected all the new lines..

It's my own face made embroidery. And there is more patterns to add.

You make poetry out of life and embroidery now too "

Only when you post. you have that effect on me it seems x

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I find it quite an eye opener that a lot of people are talking in terms of being old or older and when I look they're only in their 40s.

I personally think when you hit your 40s you start to be more aware of age. You're no longer in the young crowd although the head thinks it is . And for some women it's the start of premenopausal years. You either become more accepting of the inevitable or dread every minute of it

could be. I didn't start to really be aware of my age as such until I hit 60 then I realised that the young men in the street weren't looking at me because they liked what they saw but because they wondered if they needed to help me across the road "

Would you like to borrow my wheelchair, old lady?!

I’m growing into my face as I age, I don’t mind the wrinkles around my eyes and mouth. My body is a work in progress whatever my age, and I realise now to make the most of what I’ve got. X

By *rive u crazyMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I was proud of my long red hair. I can't anymore I can live with every other things but I do miss my hair

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

The uglier I get outside, the nicer I become within

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I've got a lot more confident with age.

Whitley Bay

"The uglier I get outside, the nicer I become within "

It's often true. With age we become more patient, compassionate, have more empathy etc.. Just generally nicer. One of life's brilliant juxtapositions!!

» Add a new message to this topic