FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Rear drum brakes

Rear drum brakes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ob Carpe Diem OP   Man  over a year ago

Torquay

Surprised at how many cars still have them, I know it's cheaper and front brakes do most of the work but they still on loads of cars

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

they arent cheaper,think of all the different componants involved in a drum vs a disk, but they do make life easyer to get a good brake balance

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple  over a year ago

Fucksville

Much rather have my discs tbf, even my 1983 classic has all round discs and pads as standard lol, didn't realise some manufacturers were still using drums??

Her x

I know its a topic of conversation and one that I can join in with in so much as I have myself done a rear disc conversion from drums on my Mk1 GTi and very happy with it.

But I did giggle at the post when I first read it as the nature of this site is not generally car related, then I chuckled a bit more when I thought what it would be like to post a question about double dipping, cuckolding and wife swapping on the vw golf owners club

By *20cplMan  over a year ago

Manchester

My '92 'classic' had rear drums. Seems to stop as it was intended to i.e. not very well ??

By *ob Carpe Diem OP   Man  over a year ago

Torquay

"I know its a topic of conversation and one that I can join in with in so much as I have myself done a rear disc conversion from drums on my Mk1 GTi and very happy with it.

But I did giggle at the post when I first read it as the nature of this site is not generally car related, then I chuckled a bit more when I thought what it would be like to post a question about double dipping, cuckolding and wife swapping on the vw golf owners club "

Yeah I know, it's good to post a bland topic once in a while, also when I told my brother in law he hated it because he knew he'd go round checking all the cars he walked past. Bet you might do that, mostly it's Corsas, Fiestas etc, loads around though

I think its still quite common on smaller and cheaper cars purely down to costs and drums being perfectly suited to lighter and less powerful cars.

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple  over a year ago

Fucksville

"I know its a topic of conversation and one that I can join in with in so much as I have myself done a rear disc conversion from drums on my Mk1 GTi and very happy with it.

But I did giggle at the post when I first read it as the nature of this site is not generally car related, then I chuckled a bit more when I thought what it would be like to post a question about double dipping, cuckolding and wife swapping on the vw golf owners club "

I always say that with my car group, I know a couple of swingers in the scene there but there's got to be more hidden somewhere lol

By *oldentongue1000Man  over a year ago

Nr. Chester

My brain is not working fast enough tonight, but we do need some car related puns about grease nipples, cockpits, big ends etc!

By *unmatt888Man  over a year ago

Duns

Well, you can always check out the cars in a lul during the dogging!

Think the last car I had with drums was a 1997 Peugeot 406.

Drum brakes on the rear of my motorhome. They make me nervous if I'm honest, braking by appointment..

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering

Ah the Mk1 Golf Gti "the original hot hatch" with possibly the worst brakes ever fitted to a sporty car !!

By *ermite12ukMan  over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

Apologies for slight thread drift:

Front discs, on a 17 plate Merc C class AMG 250 were the worst I've ever had the misfortune to ever use. Will never have a Merc again.

» Add a new message to this topic