FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Morning musing....

Morning musing....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Having a morning muse in the bath....

Do forum games send out wrong signals sometimes.

When a forum game is in full swing, with the flirting and the back and forth, do you find that people (men or women) presume they should take it as a green light to message privately or send spontaneous friend invites?

Does friendly accommodation into a forum game, and often outrageous forum flirting (obviously not from me what with my never being a flirt) give them the assumption that they will be meeting you at a later date?

Does a message from someone you've flirted wildly with on a thread make you think "ooh" or is it just more unsolicited mail? Or does it depend on who it is and whether you like the look and sound of them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes....

Half the men that use the forums think you would give them one....ya big flirt.

To be serious tho, yeah....i think a lot of people take the slightest interaction as a green light. It's why I rarely flirt with people I don't know in the forums.

Lu

By *luebellRacerCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

It's an open forum game. My serious flirting goes on in PMs. Yes, sometimes forum flirting leads to that, it certainly can give you an idea of their sense if humour and wether you would click or not.

There's some on the forums I flirt outrageously with, but they know from private messages that our meets would be social only, it's just sometimes nice to be a little cheeky!

If you don’t try you don’t get anywhere just be respectful

By *eorge JetsonMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"Yes....

"Think....?? She probably WOULD"

To be serious tho, yeah....i think a lot of people take the slightest interaction as a green light. It's why I rarely flirt with people I don't know in the forums.

Lu "

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

It doesn't even take a forum game. I've just replied to a comment in general forum posts before only to then find myself followed around the forums by that person.

"Yes....

Lu "

Me? But I never flirt!

Middlesbrough

"It's an open forum game. My serious flirting goes on in PMs. Yes, sometimes forum flirting leads to that, it certainly can give you an idea of their sense if humour and wether you would click or not.

There's some on the forums I flirt outrageously with, but they know from private messages that our meets would be social only, it's just sometimes nice to be a little cheeky! "

I keep it all in the forums. I'm not brave enough to take it outside of there.

I don't know how an unsolicited message would go and I certainly wouldn't want to offend, upset or make anyone uncomfortable.

By *EAT..85Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Most people are all flirt, no action. The downside to the forums for most is distance. And that many are in relationships with limited time to get away. Its still good to flirt though

"Yes....

Lu "

True story....brazen hussy she is!

"It's an open forum game. My serious flirting goes on in PMs. Yes, sometimes forum flirting leads to that, it certainly can give you an idea of their sense if humour and wether you would click or not.

There's some on the forums I flirt outrageously with, but they know from private messages that our meets would be social only, it's just sometimes nice to be a little cheeky! "

That's how I do it.....

If I ever flirted of course. Which I don't

About this social only business....

"Yes....

Lu

Me? But I never flirt! "

Nooooooooo you've never required oxygen either right? And you're a trillionaire

Shropshire

There's some on the forums I flirt outrageously with, but they know from private messages that our meets would be social only, it's just sometimes nice to be a little cheeky!

That's how I do it.....

About this social only business.... "

Pfft, you're getting dragged to the clubs and you know it.

Stop acting coy, no-one is convinced

"If you don’t try you don’t get anywhere just be respectful "

I think this is the thing..... sometimes the forum flirting can be wild but suddenly having a "you want this?" message with a dick or foof attached can be a bit alarming.

A nice message though, that's all good

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I take it as a bit of fun, and occasionally I will PM someone with a comment on something they have said, my comments are hardly ever rude or offensive, and rarely indicate an interest or intention.

Unless I really fancy the fuck out of them

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Guess that's the same in all of walks of life. Like if you start chatting with a random in pub, some perceive it as a green light. When you're having a bit of a laugh and being polite.

It's human nature though, one of my mates married the man she had a random conversation in a taxi rank. So you never quite know where meets or relationships begin.

"It doesn't even take a forum game. I've just replied to a comment in general forum posts before only to then find myself followed around the forums by that person. "

Tbf you're not wrong. That does happen....

Sorry about that by the way

"Yes....

Lu "

Oi Jetson. You know that's only partly true.

I think my flirting ‘could’ send out the wrong message. But do I do it intentionaly? No, not really, it’s just me having a laugh with someone else I feel is having a laugh.

Things seem very serious in here, and sometimes those games give me a glimmer of hope that it’s not all doom and gloom when/if we meet up.

I don't know how an unsolicited message would go and I certainly wouldn't want to offend, upset or make anyone uncomfortable. "

*splutters on coffee*

Netflix button? Although that wasn't unsolicited

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

I treat it as a bit of fun, I enjoy flirting and don’t see the harm in it.

If someone catches my eye or there’s someone on the forum I’ve chatted with before then I’ll perhaps send a cheeky message but never a missleading one.

I’ve found the forums have allowed me to connect with woman more which has been most enjoyable

"Most people are all flirt, no action. The downside to the forums for most is distance. And that many are in relationships with limited time to get away. Its still good to flirt though "

I agree.... the forum is a great place to have a giggle and a flirt and to pass the time, especially now. And make connections for road trips....

yep

like you NSP, i never flirt on forums

but hypothetically if i did, i do it outrageously-so, smart mouth, inclusive of all.. because its fun and kind and what forums are all about.

however it is upsetting when someone takes it further to PM thinking they're on a promise, because of a forum game. i don't like being the 'no person' (people pleaser, go figure ).. but it's necessary.

take forum games, or anything for that matter, with a pinch of salt.

Px

PS... your bath got room for a smol ginger one?

"Yes....

Lu

Me? But I never flirt!

Nooooooooo you've never required oxygen either right? And you're a trillionaire "

You know me so well

That's how I do it.....

About this social only business....

Pfft, you're getting dragged to the clubs and you know it.

Stop acting coy, no-one is convinced "

Shhh..... I think I've convinced at least some of them

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"It doesn't even take a forum game. I've just replied to a comment in general forum posts before only to then find myself followed around the forums by that person.

Sorry about that by the way "

!

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Yes....

Lu "

Same . I rarely flirt either

"I take it as a bit of fun, and occasionally I will PM someone with a comment on something they have said, my comments are hardly ever rude or offensive, and rarely indicate an interest or intention.

Unless I really fancy the fuck out of them"

I think a comment about something that's being talked about is the exception to most people, I often chat about forum threads (when I actually check my inbox )

If you fancied the fuck out of them you'd never send a dick pic though, right?

I guess it's all fun and harmless. I enjoy interacting with people and a little flirt.. sometimes You get to know people's personality through the forums and sometimes they can lead to finding some special people to take it further with privately. It's a strange fab world and we all just live in it

"Guess that's the same in all of walks of life. Like if you start chatting with a random in pub, some perceive it as a green light. When you're having a bit of a laugh and being polite.

It's human nature though, one of my mates married the man she had a random conversation in a taxi rank. So you never quite know where meets or relationships begin. "

That's so true my gorgeous pal.

Don't try you'll never know I suppose

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"If you don’t try you don’t get anywhere just be respectful "

This. If you're not interested just ignore friend requests so they can't send them again, respectfully decline messages and block where appropriate.

Are they wrong to assume you like them if you flirt with them?

"I think my flirting ‘could’ send out the wrong message. But do I do it intentionaly? No, not really, it’s just me having a laugh with someone else I feel is having a laugh.

Things seem very serious in here, and sometimes those games give me a glimmer of hope that it’s not all doom and gloom when/if we meet up. "

The glimmer of hope is the important thing....

Hang on, you mean I don't get to be hammered and have your cream?

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"Guess that's the same in all of walks of life. Like if you start chatting with a random in pub, some perceive it as a green light. When you're having a bit of a laugh and being polite.

It's human nature though, one of my mates married the man she had a random conversation in a taxi rank. So you never quite know where meets or relationships begin.

Don't try you'll never know I suppose "

I guess it all boils down to how it's done. Flirting and then sending a PM to test the waters is fine. Assumption that what you said in a game is some kind of legally binding contract not so good. I mean I like playing fantasy games doesn't mean I think I'm an elf

"I treat it as a bit of fun, I enjoy flirting and don’t see the harm in it.

If someone catches my eye or there’s someone on the forum I’ve chatted with before then I’ll perhaps send a cheeky message but never a missleading one.

I’ve found the forums have allowed me to connect with woman more which has been most enjoyable "

It's one of my favourite things about the forum....

I like your cheeky messages.....

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Sometimes yes...we often get messages on the back of a forum post, usually wanting us to elaborate on our reply...

Or in games, asking a question then responding with pics of themselves...

I think some see it as a way in...an open invitation.

I suppose if it’s someone you want to message then you aren’t going to complain...but if it’s not then ‘how dare they’

K

I can see how confusion might be caused as a result of forum flirting

You women just keep getting more and more confusing

"I think my flirting ‘could’ send out the wrong message. But do I do it intentionaly? No, not really, it’s just me having a laugh with someone else I feel is having a laugh.

Things seem very serious in here, and sometimes those games give me a glimmer of hope that it’s not all doom and gloom when/if we meet up.

Hang on, you mean I don't get to be hammered and have your cream? "

There’s enough to go around, My cream can serve six portions.

"yep

like you NSP, i never flirt on forums

but hypothetically if i did, i do it outrageously-so, smart mouth, inclusive of all.. because its fun and kind and what forums are all about.

however it is upsetting when someone takes it further to PM thinking they're on a promise, because of a forum game. i don't like being the 'no person' (people pleaser, go figure ).. but it's necessary.

take forum games, or anything for that matter, with a pinch of salt.

Px

PS... your bath got room for a smol ginger one? "

Yes!

Oh... you wrote more than just the bath request. Hang on....

That's exactly how I feel about it! The "on a promise".

"It doesn't even take a forum game. I've just replied to a comment in general forum posts before only to then find myself followed around the forums by that person.

Sorry about that by the way

! "

Just out of interest, and because I'm a lazy stalker.... have you commented anywhere else I should go see?

"Yes....

Lu

Same . I rarely flirt either "

At this rate I'm not going to be swallowing any of my coffee....

"I guess it's all fun and harmless. I enjoy interacting with people and a little flirt.. sometimes You get to know people's personality through the forums and sometimes they can lead to finding some special people to take it further with privately. It's a strange fab world and we all just live in it "

I've found some very special people through forum games. But they've never been the ones who start off with "here's me cock"....

Shropshire

"I guess it's all fun and harmless. I enjoy interacting with people and a little flirt.. sometimes You get to know people's personality through the forums and sometimes they can lead to finding some special people to take it further with privately. It's a strange fab world and we all just live in it

I've found some very special people through forum games. But they've never been the ones who start off with "here's me cock"...."

Not it was my vag instead

"If you don’t try you don’t get anywhere just be respectful

This. If you're not interested just ignore friend requests so they can't send them again, respectfully decline messages and block where appropriate.

Are they wrong to assume you like them if you flirt with them? "

Oh I don't think it's wrong..... my musing may have come out badly. It's more the "you've been sat on my face in a virtual orgy so I'll send you my dick and ask you to sit on that right away" really.

Don't try you'll never know I suppose

I guess it all boils down to how it's done. Flirting and then sending a PM to test the waters is fine. Assumption that what you said in a game is some kind of legally binding contract not so good. I mean I like playing fantasy games doesn't mean I think I'm an elf "

Woah..... I thought you were an elf.....

That's the thing. The contract part. I think it's when that is assumed....

"Sometimes yes...we often get messages on the back of a forum post, usually wanting us to elaborate on our reply...

Or in games, asking a question then responding with pics of themselves...

I think some see it as a way in...an open invitation.

I suppose if it’s someone you want to message then you aren’t going to complain...but if it’s not then ‘how dare they’

K"

I think that is what it boils down to. That and the actual message received.

I'll chat with anyone (when I actually check messages) but it does depend on what they say.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

[Removed by poster at 06/04/21 09:59:29]

Love a flirt but it is what it is, and there should be no expectation over what’s flirted or discussed. Manners and respect cost nothing x

"I guess it's all fun and harmless. I enjoy interacting with people and a little flirt.. sometimes You get to know people's personality through the forums and sometimes they can lead to finding some special people to take it further with privately. It's a strange fab world and we all just live in it "

I agree with this. I've found some lovely people to talk to since I've been back. Yeah I can flirt but you know the ones you're attracted to, both by their online personality and their pictures.

"I can see how confusion might be caused as a result of forum flirting "

I can see where the confusion could come from but the kind of messages I'm talking about atenigten at a different level from the flirting.

"You women just keep getting more and more confusing "

Sorry.

There’s enough to go around, My cream can serve six portions. "

I like a big portion.... may I have 3?

"I guess it's all fun and harmless. I enjoy interacting with people and a little flirt.. sometimes You get to know people's personality through the forums and sometimes they can lead to finding some special people to take it further with privately. It's a strange fab world and we all just live in it

I've found some very special people through forum games. But they've never been the ones who start off with "here's me cock"....

Not it was my vag instead "

True story.....

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I think that this is one of the things that I’ve found hardest to fathom since my return and I know that Amana feels the same, as we’ve discussed it. Mainly just the sheer volume of flirting, often between the same few folks, which actually seems to signify very little interest. It confuses us both as to who is interested, is anyone at all?

Obviously people are free to do what they want but sometimes trying to pick out genuine interest is like trying to hear a mouse squeak in a Metallica concert!

Also, if someone is flirting all the time with lots of folks on the forums, how can you tell if they’re actually genuine?

I had a conversation with someone the other week about my ooft threads and what their actual purpose is, because all they see is people writing ooft! to each other!

I don’t have an issue with people enjoying themselves and it can be fun but I find it confusing and a little bit exclusionary when it’s dialled up to

11 all the time

"Love a flirt but it is what it is, and there should be no expectation over what’s flirted or discussed. Manners and respect cost nothing x"

That's the thing, I think sometimes forum flirting with a pair of tits or a sexy torso can send people a bit loopy...

I like a big portion.... may I have 3? "

I bet you like it straight from the can...squirting it into you mouth with your head back.

I agree with this. I've found some lovely people to talk to since I've been back. Yeah I can flirt but you know the ones you're attracted to, both by their online personality and their pictures.

"

Definitely. If I'm flirting "with intent" I'll usually use a wink or one of the "ooft" threads or the like to take it private regardless of whether I flirt on the forum.

I've found some very special people through forum games. But they've never been the ones who start off with "here's me cock"...."

That's me told

Manchester (he/him)

In answer to your OP; I think that people can see forum flirting as a sign to approach, as why else would you be flirting?

I think that people read an awful lot into our posts, far more than we imagine and if we engage with a person in a flirty way, that could be given as an invitation.

I know that flirting is the grease that keeps the forums running, which can be confusing but if someone repeatedly flirted with me, then I would probably get the impression that they’re at least interested.

"Love a flirt but it is what it is, and there should be no expectation over what’s flirted or discussed. Manners and respect cost nothing x

That's the thing, I think sometimes forum flirting with a pair of tits or a sexy torso can send people a bit loopy..."

Only if one person is presumptuous and disrespectful. It’s not hard is it? Well not all the time

"I think that this is one of the things that I’ve found hardest to fathom since my return and I know that Amana feels the same, as we’ve discussed it. Mainly just the sheer volume of flirting, often between the same few folks, which actually seems to signify very little interest. It confuses us both as to who is interested, is anyone at all?

Obviously people are free to do what they want but sometimes trying to pick out genuine interest is like trying to hear a mouse squeak in a Metallica concert!

Also, if someone is flirting all the time with lots of folks on the forums, how can you tell if they’re actually genuine?

I had a conversation with someone the other week about my ooft threads and what their actual purpose is, because all they see is people writing ooft! to each other!

I don’t have an issue with people enjoying themselves and it can be fun but I find it confusing and a little bit exclusionary when it’s dialled up to

11 all the time"

I see that point, most definitely.

That's why I like your ooft threads and similar, it gives a chance to actually engage with people you may actually find appealing in private without it being unsolicited.

My thoughts have always been that the "intent based" flirting is in the inbox, and I'm happy with an approach, just not an assumption. If that makes sense?

I like a big portion.... may I have 3?

I bet you like it straight from the can...squirting it into you mouth with your head back. "

It's like you can see into my soul

I'm quite flirt and quite playful so yes I flirt on the forums but I don't expect or presume anyone would see it as an actual grren light. If it goes to pm then I'll chat further or not depending on the person. I'll openly flirt on the forums with a playmate and don't care what others think of it. Some don't like it others just scroll on. I won't hide a playmate by avoiding flirting, that can just make them feel crap or they could think I'm being secretative etc.

If someone takes my flirting as a green light I'll let them know if it's not on PM if it comes to it.

That's me told "

We should discuss your cock

I had to stop myself in a forum game yesterday.

Obviously I'm not worried about people messaging our account but I worry about getting carried away, having an interaction and then messaging someone and me having the wrong idea.

Better for me to stick to boring threads and leave the flirting for socials

"In answer to your OP; I think that people can see forum flirting as a sign to approach, as why else would you be flirting?

I think that people read an awful lot into our posts, far more than we imagine and if we engage with a person in a flirty way, that could be given as an invitation.

I know that flirting is the grease that keeps the forums running, which can be confusing but if someone repeatedly flirted with me, then I would probably get the impression that they’re at least interested. "

It's just so hard to know in text though, isn't it.

I really should have added in the OP that it's not the "hey, we've been flirting, do you fancy me" type messages I'm curious about. Mostly the random friend requests and the "you will meet me now because you batted your eyelashes a few times"

"Love a flirt but it is what it is, and there should be no expectation over what’s flirted or discussed. Manners and respect cost nothing x

That's the thing, I think sometimes forum flirting with a pair of tits or a sexy torso can send people a bit loopy...

Only if one person is presumptuous and disrespectful. It’s not hard is it? Well not all the time "

True....

That's me told

We should discuss your cock "

Sssssh don't give away my secret identity

"I'm quite flirt and quite playful so yes I flirt on the forums but I don't expect or presume anyone would see it as an actual grren light. If it goes to pm then I'll chat further or not depending on the person. I'll openly flirt on the forums with a playmate and don't care what others think of it. Some don't like it others just scroll on. I won't hide a playmate by avoiding flirting, that can just make them feel crap or they could think I'm being secretative etc.

If someone takes my flirting as a green light I'll let them know if it's not on PM if it comes to it. "

That's a whole other thing!

Avoiding flirting with a playmate or potential playmate can upset them.

And yet it seems if others get wind that there might be something there, flirting is suddenly seen as lamppost pissing!

"I had to stop myself in a forum game yesterday.

Obviously I'm not worried about people messaging our account but I worry about getting carried away, having an interaction and then messaging someone and me having the wrong idea.

Better for me to stick to boring threads and leave the flirting for socials "

There's the rub.... a lot of us are getting our flirt on here because there are no socials!

That's me told

We should discuss your cock

Sssssh don't give away my secret identity "

Soz

It’s a really good question, and it’s one that occurs to me at times.

I think I can be a teeny bit flirty on occasion , but there are times when I dial back my flirting, because I wonder if it might be taken the wrong way, and I don’t want to give people the wrong impression.

Manchester (he/him)

"I think that this is one of the things that I’ve found hardest to fathom since my return and I know that Amana feels the same, as we’ve discussed it. Mainly just the sheer volume of flirting, often between the same few folks, which actually seems to signify very little interest. It confuses us both as to who is interested, is anyone at all?

11 all the time

That's why I like your ooft threads and similar, it gives a chance to actually engage with people you may actually find appealing in private without it being unsolicited.

My thoughts have always been that the "intent based" flirting is in the inbox, and I'm happy with an approach, just not an assumption. If that makes sense?"

That makes perfect sense!

I’m very similar in that any intent is through messages, my ooft threads were/are intended to facilitate that type of connection.

I can’t say that I’ve ever seen forum threads as an invite though. Maybe as a stepping point for discussion or further conversation to build a connection but never as a green light.

There’s a whole world between and meeting

"I had to stop myself in a forum game yesterday.

Better for me to stick to boring threads and leave the flirting for socials

There's the rub.... a lot of us are getting our flirt on here because there are no socials!"

Dont get me wrong. I'm not saying you (a collective you, not you specificly) shouldn't flirt.

Flirt your hearts out. Go nuts. Have fun. Find someone who makes your bits go warm and tingly. That's what this place is for. And yes people might take it the wrong way but its fab. People get the wrong idea all the time.

But for me it's not a good idea. I'm not willing to post pictures of myself or to be more open so I'm setting myself up for failure and mental pain. I miss flirting so much but I will just have to be patient

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yes they do. But I take things literally, hence why I assumed you were Bi Posh as you know

I thought half the females on here were actually having all girl orgys

Some of the guys are having 10 plus women on the go at once

Etc etc

This is why I don't join in with them as I flirt for real

Manchester (he/him)

"It’s a really good question, and it’s one that occurs to me at times.

I think I can be a teeny bit flirty on occasion , but there are times when I dial back my flirting, because I wonder if it might be taken the wrong way, and I don’t want to give people the wrong impression.

"

I think that there’s always a balance between what we’re saying how it’s going to be seen by others, it’s about picking the audience.

Fab is a complex pool of mixed signals at times. After all, we’re here talking about sex, with our bodies on show, whilst also dealing in respect and consent

I’m no Spring chicken; rather boringly old school, I’d say. I can’t tell what’s the difference between flirting and complimenting. I have complimented and was told that I had flirted.

I’m very confused.

Does the world not know how to take a compliment without making it into something more than that anymore? It has made me more reticent to engage in more of a conversation, I must admit.

Middlesbrough

I don't know how an unsolicited message would go and I certainly wouldn't want to offend, upset or make anyone uncomfortable.

*splutters on coffee*

Netflix button? Although that wasn't unsolicited "

And speaking of which.... It still hasn't dried out or even worked right since that itch/scratch business!!

I think that there’s always a balance between what we’re saying how it’s going to be seen by others, it’s about picking the audience.

Fab is a complex pool of mixed signals at times. After all, we’re here talking about sex, with our bodies on show, whilst also dealing in respect and consent "

I tend to stick to people that I know more, because I feel a bit safer, rather than strangers, which is probably not very inclusive, but I’m protecting myself I guess.

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

I think forums and challenges are good to engage in conversation if anyone interests you there. I find it more friendly and more fun. However, it doesn’t mean that I’m giving a green light of meeting and probably every sensible person is aware of that

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I have sent pms and have had them too. I would expect them to be treated exactly as a pm in any other situation with the recipients free to do what they want. I fail to see any problem here. There should never be an anticipation of any reaction and as usual no response is not interested.

"I think forums and challenges are good to engage in conversation if anyone interests you there. I find it more friendly and more fun. However, it doesn’t mean that I’m giving a green light of meeting and probably every sensible person is aware of that "

This is sooo relatable.

I should put this on my bio.

Manchester (he/him)

Fab is a complex pool of mixed signals at times. After all, we’re here talking about sex, with our bodies on show, whilst also dealing in respect and consent

I tend to stick to people that I know more, because I feel a bit safer, rather than strangers, which is probably not very inclusive, but I’m protecting myself I guess. "

That’s kind of my point.

I think that it’s a bit of a fallacy that we should include everyone in everything that we do, it’s not our jobs to engage with every single person who posts or replies.

Being inclusive doesn’t mean treating everyone the same way

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

I love getting messages

I very rarely initiate the conversation, though.

"I have sent pms and have had them too. I would expect them to be treated exactly as a pm in any other situation with the recipients free to do what they want. I fail to see any problem here. There should never be an anticipation of any reaction and as usual no response is not interested. "

And your opinion is completely valid, but that’s your take on things, and others take it differently I think.

I think for me, I wouldn’t want to feel like I was leading someone one maybe?

BunnyLand

"I think forums and challenges are good to engage in conversation if anyone interests you there. I find it more friendly and more fun. However, it doesn’t mean that I’m giving a green light of meeting and probably every sensible person is aware of that

This is sooo relatable.

I should put this on my bio.

"

you shall use it as your own

*splutters on coffee*

Netflix button? Although that wasn't unsolicited

And speaking of which.... It still hasn't dried out or even worked right since that itch/scratch business!! "

Seems to work alright for me. But definitely not dried out

11 all the time

My thoughts have always been that the "intent based" flirting is in the inbox, and I'm happy with an approach, just not an assumption. If that makes sense?

That makes perfect sense!

I’m very similar in that any intent is through messages, my ooft threads were/are intended to facilitate that type of connection.

I can’t say that I’ve ever seen forum threads as an invite though. Maybe as a stepping point for discussion or further conversation to build a connection but never as a green light.

There’s a whole world between and meeting "

Couldn't agree more....

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

I’d never flirt in a public forum game (the few times I get involved) with anyone I wouldn’t flirt with in private/would want to meet, so that is not a problem for me.

"I’m no Spring chicken; rather boringly old school, I’d say. I can’t tell what’s the difference between flirting and complimenting. I have complimented and was told that I had flirted.

I’m very confused.

Does the world not know how to take a compliment without making it into something more than that anymore? It has made me more reticent to engage in more of a conversation, I must admit."

I think part of the problem is that in any text based conversation there is so much missing that can be important.

And people are often looking for more positive affirmations especially at this time when in person is night on impossible.

I tend to stick to people that I know more, because I feel a bit safer, rather than strangers, which is probably not very inclusive, but I’m protecting myself I guess. "

I think you do just fine beautiful

"I think forums and challenges are good to engage in conversation if anyone interests you there. I find it more friendly and more fun. However, it doesn’t mean that I’m giving a green light of meeting and probably every sensible person is aware of that "

I would hope so..... but the dodgy messages do say otherwise.

Challenges and games are definitely a fun way to engage though.

I tend to stick to people that I know more, because I feel a bit safer, rather than strangers, which is probably not very inclusive, but I’m protecting myself I guess.

I think you do just fine beautiful "

I’ll always flirt with you

"I have sent pms and have had them too. I would expect them to be treated exactly as a pm in any other situation with the recipients free to do what they want. I fail to see any problem here. There should never be an anticipation of any reaction and as usual no response is not interested.

And your opinion is completely valid, but that’s your take on things, and others take it differently I think.

I think for me, I wouldn’t want to feel like I was leading someone one maybe?

"

I think that's a good distinction to make. It lessens the potential for pm drama or real world drama for that matter

"I have sent pms and have had them too. I would expect them to be treated exactly as a pm in any other situation with the recipients free to do what they want. I fail to see any problem here. There should never be an anticipation of any reaction and as usual no response is not interested. "

I think I struggle sometimes when it's a regular forum user purely because I don't like to upset people unless they really need it. Plus, it's often easier to get and flirt in "public" for me.

"I love getting messages

I very rarely initiate the conversation, though. "

I'm always pleased to see you though

"I’d never flirt in a public forum game (the few times I get involved) with anyone I wouldn’t flirt with in private/would want to meet, so that is not a problem for me. "

That's probably sensible...

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Having a morning muse in the bath....

When a forum game is in full swing, with the flirting and the back and forth, do you find that people (men or women) presume they should take it as a green light to message privately or send spontaneous friend invites?

Does friendly accommodation into a forum game, and often outrageous forum flirting (obviously not from me what with my never being a flirt) give them the assumption that they will be meeting you at a later date?

Does a message from someone you've flirted wildly with on a thread make you think "ooh" or is it just more unsolicited mail? Or does it depend on who it is and whether you like the look and sound of them?"

I always take it that the flirtation and comments could be misinterpreted as a green light to message and assume they are interested. In some cases the games can act as a safety net, in so much that people can claim it was just harmless fun when their advances are rebuffed.

"I have sent pms and have had them too. I would expect them to be treated exactly as a pm in any other situation with the recipients free to do what they want. I fail to see any problem here. There should never be an anticipation of any reaction and as usual no response is not interested.

I think I struggle sometimes when it's a regular forum user purely because I don't like to upset people unless they really need it. Plus, it's often easier to get and flirt in "public" for me."

I think this for me too. I’m trying to reply without sounding like an anxious over thinker, but truthfully, maybe I do overthink it at times.

I don’t want to lead people on, when it’s just a bit of fun.

"Yes they do. But I take things literally, hence why I assumed you were Bi Posh as you know

I thought half the females on here were actually having all girl orgys

Some of the guys are having 10 plus women on the go at once

Etc etc

This is why I don't join in with them as I flirt for real "

You are always the voice of reason and level headed C.... to be honest you asking me all that time ago was what made me change my profile

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I don’t take forum flirting seriously. It’s just a giggle isn’t it? Occasionally there are those that think a game on the forums means you want more - fabbing photos seems to encourage that for some reason

Does a message from someone you've flirted wildly with on a thread make you think "ooh" or is it just more unsolicited mail? Or does it depend on who it is and whether you like the look and sound of them?

I always take it that the flirtation and comments could be misinterpreted as a green light to message and assume they are interested. In some cases the games can act as a safety net, in so much that people can claim it was just harmless fun when their advances are rebuffed."

I don't have an issue with the idea of a green light of attraction...

It's when it is taken as a green light to slip a penis in my box or ask when we are doing this for real that's the main query....

BunnyLand

"I think forums and challenges are good to engage in conversation if anyone interests you there. I find it more friendly and more fun. However, it doesn’t mean that I’m giving a green light of meeting and probably every sensible person is aware of that

Challenges and games are definitely a fun way to engage though."

Well those happens either way but you are right , it raises the amount of weird messages time to time... on top of the ones triggered by any photo& status updates.

some win some loose hei

"I don’t take forum flirting seriously. It’s just a giggle isn’t it? Occasionally there are those that think a game on the forums means you want more - fabbing photos seems to encourage that for some reason "

I tend to wait for a wink..... that's when I actually think they might be.

Challenges and games are definitely a fun way to engage though.

Well those happens either way but you are right , it raises the amount of weird messages time to time... on top of the ones triggered by any photo& status updates.

some win some loose hei "

The beautiful rainbow of life!

I always take it that the flirtation and comments could be misinterpreted as a green light to message and assume they are interested. In some cases the games can act as a safety net, in so much that people can claim it was just harmless fun when their advances are rebuffed.

It's when it is taken as a green light to slip a penis in my box or ask when we are doing this for real that's the main query...."

This for me too

I have spent too much time on the forums recently. They can be addictive and they do give a false sense of knowing people.

I can understand why people can move to pm's when there is no actual connection being made.

"I’m no Spring chicken; rather boringly old school, I’d say. I can’t tell what’s the difference between flirting and complimenting. I have complimented and was told that I had flirted.

I’m very confused.

Does the world not know how to take a compliment without making it into something more than that anymore? It has made me more reticent to engage in more of a conversation, I must admit.

I think part of the problem is that in any text based conversation there is so much missing that can be important.

And people are often looking for more positive affirmations especially at this time when in person is night on impossible."

Very astute observation about need for positive affirmation. Text based conversations lack the nuances of facial and body signals, which can make all the difference. Even the manner in which I deliver the compliment vocally perhaps. I suppose on a site where my naked torso is doing the talking, the natural assumption would be that I lean towards flirting rather than merely complimenting.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I always take it that the flirtation and comments could be misinterpreted as a green light to message and assume they are interested. In some cases the games can act as a safety net, in so much that people can claim it was just harmless fun when their advances are rebuffed.

It's when it is taken as a green light to slip a penis in my box or ask when we are doing this for real that's the main query...."

And thats where the fun stops.

Some people project their intent or desire to do a thing on the other person(s) that sent a flirtatious message.

The failure to communicate, to understand and appreciate that just because you say you want to do a thing doesn’t mean you do want to do a thing or to do a thing with that person.

Do you call these people out on their behaviour and let them know they misunderstood?

If so how do they react?

» Add a new message to this topic