FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Something in a profile that annoys us

Something in a profile that annoys us

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When we view a profile of someone or a couple who have caught our eye we read the profile fully to see if we are compatible and have the same interests and wants.

However for us having fully read their profile if they then state in the last sentence “please put the word we have stated here” in the message title so we know you have read our profile that totally puts us off.

We feel that approach is verging on arrogant to be honest.

Is it just us who feels that way?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It depends on how they use it.. some people will use this as a good way to filter though messages quickly. Other's have a sense of entitlement to make people jump through hoops. The rest of the profile will usually answer that question for you

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Why is it arrogant?

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Guess they are fed up of people not reading their profile and messaging them so use it as a filter. If it's not for you, it's your filter as they are not compatible with you. So I guess it's a win win

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

"Why is it arrogant? "
I was thinking the same I don’t see how it’s arrogant

"Why is it arrogant? "

This really ^. I’m curious as to why it’s arrogant too?

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

People could easily scroll to the end to find the password

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

"When we view a profile of someone or a couple who have caught our eye we read the profile fully to see if we are compatible and have the same interests and wants.

However for us having fully read their profile if they then state in the last sentence “please put the word we have stated here” in the message title so we know you have read our profile that totally puts us off.

Is it just us who feels that way?"

If you get too many messages then it’s a way to whittle down who’s respected you enough to read the bio.

[Removed by poster at 05/04/21 12:53:46]

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

If its something they want you to do, then why would it be an issue? They may have got fed up of people not reading their profile, and while scanning for a key word doesn't mean you jabe read the profile, it at least means your reading comprehension is working.

To be honest in my opinion it makes the subject line of a message easy instead of having to think up something cute or just use “hey”.

Gives me an awesome idea, thank you OP

By *oxy lady40Woman  over a year ago

bridgwater

No it not arrogant, I have it on my profile, if someone don’t like it , then move on

I used to have nothing else on my profile apart from "put crusty minge as your message subject to prove you read my profile".

People did.

"No it not arrogant, I have it on my profile, if someone don’t like it , then move on "

I think it's a good idea.....might try it myself.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

By asking for the word to be added suggests an arrogance on the basis it suggests they have an exaggerated sense of their own importance and implies their profile requires you to acknowledge that when replying.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've never messaged anyone with that in their profile but that particular request didn't influence my decision. There is usually something else that puts me off.

I can understand it to some degree though as even though I get very few messages at least half of those clearly haven't read my profile.

Asking to meet or for my phone number in their opening message shows they have no interest in anything I've written in my bio.

I've had to clarify this now in my opening paragraph so there is no excuse.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

We don't do thia but can understand totally why some people choose to. An awful lot of members here claim they've read profiles when they haven't and this is an easy way to filter them out. It's certainly not arrogant.

bridgwater

"By asking for the word to be added suggests an arrogance on the basis it suggests they have an exaggerated sense of their own importance and implies their profile requires you to acknowledge that when replying."
no it doesn’t at al

"By asking for the word to be added suggests an arrogance on the basis it suggests they have an exaggerated sense of their own importance and implies their profile requires you to acknowledge that when replying."

I still don’t see how it is arrogant, that they want people to show they’ve read the profile?

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

How exactly? They are just asking for acknowledgement that you've read their profile.

By *issChief 200Woman  over a year ago

South West

I think its a good idea, although I don't include it on my profile. In my experience not everyone reads profiles before messaging & that is far more annoying!

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

some see the word professional in a profile as An exaggerated sense of their own importance

I find everyone with text on their profile incredibly arrogant. It's a sex site, no need to know them as a person. Just shag them and walk away.

evesham

[Removed by poster at 05/04/21 13:11:35]

evesham

That's one hell of a jump your trampoline must be massive

All it says to me is that they want to know who has read their profile.

I would say those who message without following such a request are more arrogant (not saying you have done that before you start bouncing again ).

I've had a status up since the rule of 6 changed saying I'm not meeting until lockdown is over yet loads of people can't be arsed to read that, let alone a profile.

It's just their way of filtering people out. Not arrogance at all.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

It don’t bother me what other’s do on their profiles ,it’s a little pointless tho as it’s not hard to scan read to the end and just skip all the middle parts ..

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Oh bugger! Please read all our profile to see if we're compatible.

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"When we view a profile of someone or a couple who have caught our eye we read the profile fully to see if we are compatible and have the same interests and wants.

It isn't remotely arrogant. It's fact that so many people on here don't bother to read profiles before messaging, in which we'd say was ignorant.

We don't have a password word as let's face it, if so many can't be arsed to read it anyway.

Totally understand why people have it though.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I do t see it as arrogant if that their choice of communication

If we liked them enough then that would t bother us

Everyone has their own ways

Xx

I've never looked at it as being arrogant, or that person(s) having self importance???

We all take the time to write profiles, yet very few actually read them, so having a certain word, whether it be Crusty Minge or shoveabannanaupmybum is clarification they have read it all.

Therefore showing some respect, and potentially a match?

Don't see how it's arrogant.

It's a great way of knowing 2hos actually been arse to read your profile...

Lu

By *ecretescapeCouple  over a year ago

COALVILLE

It's not arrogant at all. Its assertive clear grown up communication which enables them to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Op you need to question why that triggers you.

Everyone IS important. And have the right to ask for whatever the hell they want.

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

I mostly dislike the “moany” type profiles , the ones that complain about everything , everyone and anything on Fab,

Oh and the “exceptional” something or other looking for the “exceptional” something or other.

Oh and the ... only joking that’s about it

By *arah_kieran_ukCouple  over a year ago

Greater London

"Guess they are fed up of people not reading their profile and messaging them so use it as a filter. If it's not for you, it's your filter as they are not compatible with you. So I guess it's a win win "

Exactly this for us, we seen other profiles use it and thought it would be a good way to filter messages but it certainly doesn’t work perfectly nor is it intended to come across as arrogant.

xx

I quite like the 'find the hidden word' game. Although, honestly, it matters not a jot to single guys because you'll most likely be ignored anyway!

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It doesn't bother us as such, but we don't generally put the word in either... generally it appears that writing a decent message illicits a response.

Cal

By *hoco DMan  over a year ago

Clapham

"No it not arrogant, I have it on my profile, if someone don’t like it , then move on "

and this here is a good example of arrogance

By *usty kayWoman  over a year ago

Burnham

I have seen profiles where that end bit does come across as arrogance. It usually not just a demand for a specific word but other hoops to jump through first. Otherwise it comes across as please just let us know you have actually understood what you have read. Although the ones I really don’t understand are the ones who put it in capitals so it’s the only word you have to actually read. We have it on our couples profile because for too many years we haven’t had the time to meet together and despite our profile clearly stating that people just ignore it. Surely if you don’t want to show you’ve read a profile you just move on to the next?

The thing that stops me messaging some people is the demand for a face picture first, especially if they are near by. I like to gage the likelihood of being recognised before I splash my picture around. Doesn’t mean I disagree with people asking, just means I’m not for them

I have it and of it puts people off so be it.

Honestly would probably do me a favour if you think it means I am arrogant

bridgwater

"No it not arrogant, I have it on my profile, if someone don’t like it , then move on

and this here is a good example of arrogance"

how dare you say I am arrogant, everyone that’s know me will say different

By *ocksareoffMan  over a year ago

Out n About

I think it's a useful filtering tool. I wouldn't describe it as arrogance

If you read this comment please put the words "waggle those jolly buzzomwoppers in my face shirley"

By *ocksareoffMan  over a year ago

Out n About

"If you read this comment please put the words "waggle those jolly buzzomwoppers in my face shirley""

Ok

I'm very far from arrogant, to me it filters through the same copy and paste message they have sent every woman in a 10mile radius.

If you've read the profile to that point and want to message them why not use that word? Bit of an ice breaker and shows you have acknowledged what they do and don't want and that it's also mutual?

I can't even get my head around how it comes across as arrogant in any way...

We had it on our profile before.

At first we didnt.

We put effort into telling people who we were, what we were looking for and what we were not looking for. It seemed no one ever read the profile. They looked at our pics and sent compliments on my wife's tits or ass. Or they asked the questions we had answered in the profile.

To be completely clear, it didnt seem to make any difference. We just made it a point of reading the ones who had popped our word in.

The best decision we made was dropping our photos altogether. No one one messages lol

By *aseMan  over a year ago

Gourock

Don't message them then ! Simple,lol

"Don't message them then ! Simple,lol"
this.

I wouldn't.

By *ikesEmBigMan  over a year ago

Herts

Stupidly long profiles are just as tiresome

"Stupidly long profiles are just as tiresome "

I disagree.

I enjoy a good long read and some are very entertaining

I don't see it as arrogance or annoying.

People have the right to ask people to do something, its up to you if you do it or not.

I would like to know how it is arrogant or entitled to expect people to read a profile before sending a message.

I'm a professional...

A professional what?

It just comes across as snobbery or something... Your profession doesn't determine how good you are in bed

We can be a professional in many ways...

Face pics or no reply....when they don’t have face pics

long-winded profile

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

No I don't think it's arrogant to do that.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

Used as a filter to see who has read their profile I don't see it as an issue.

I have written in the first few lines of my profile that I won't reply if all they say is morning, afternoon etc or ask how I am.

I still get loads of those messages so simply delete.

We all have ways of filtering.

By *ampshire_guy40Man  over a year ago

hampshire

I don't get many messages when I do it's always guys asking to meet or can I accomodate

How about profiles that say, "Will fill in later" - and then you see they've been a member for two years!

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

1. Boring one liner profiles like "fill in later". How am I meant to know whether I am attracted to you?

2. Plethora of (usually less than attractive) cock pictures - I want to talk to a person, not a dick.

3. All CAPITALS... speak/ write in understandable English - how else am I to know whether I might be attracted to you?

4. Anything that excludes a group of people. Ok you have a choice but putting that into your profile sometimes sounds racist - not for me.

Quite easy ... really? xx

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

Don't think it's arrogant at all & can understand why some choose to do it. It isn't a lot to ask really, but if annoys you then you don't have to do it.

K

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

A long list of demands of what a person should be to get a response from them. I'm all for empowering people to be as picky as they like on here but after the nineteenth bullet pointed requirement, I get a little bored

LvM

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

It depends on your perception of arrogance. On your profile you mention your man has good manners, stating it is a rare quality these days. Is that arrogant to suggest many people on here don't and you hold a superior view of yourself ?

Not criticism, just a view using an example. It is a good profile

I suppose with this being such an annoying thing. One would be tempted to swiftly read the last few lines of the profile to see if indeed such a stratagem had been incorporated. Thereby not bothering to read the entire profile.

Unless for some perverse reason one felt that it was ones rightful duty to address the seriousness of such an undertaking and resume from the top. But still with the irksome feeling that the end result would be further annoyance.

Annoyance leading to at least the rolling of the eyes, utterances of profanity perhaps,maybe violence against an inanimate object. What seems reasonable?

"I quite like the 'find the hidden word' game. Although, honestly, it matters not a jot to single guys because you'll most likely be ignored anyway! "

I’d caveat that to either ‘some’ or ‘most’ single guys - not every single guy is out to spam. I’ve certainly always respected it and I’m single so there’s at least one..

Has blocked everybody of your sex lol

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I disagree completely. I think it's acknowledgement that many people don't bother reading profiles before messaging, which is disrespectful. They want a quick way of filtering out people who are so uninterested in the person they want to shag that they can't be bothered to read about them.

It’s just to make sure that you have read the profile and not glanced the profile, just checking out the pics.

Clapham

"No it not arrogant, I have it on my profile, if someone don’t like it , then move on

and this here is a good example of arrogance how dare you say I am arrogant, everyone that’s know me will say different "

they most likely will say different, dose not change the fact that what you wrote came across to me as arrogant, just one more thing I see you done the (im gonna block you because, you've said something i dont like and it's touched a nerve thing) do also do the malicious admin reporting?

as I'm just trying to get some insight into this type of mentality, the blocking of some one that never has and never would message you, would love to hear your feed back on the topic as I find this so interesting

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

Nah I don’t read profiles, because I know they will upset me, far better to send a picture of me knob with a “?”

Clapham

"By asking for the word to be added suggests an arrogance on the basis it suggests they have an exaggerated sense of their own importance and implies their profile requires you to acknowledge that when replying.

That's one hell of a jump your trampoline must be massive

All it says to me is that they want to know who has read their profile.

I would say those who message without following such a request are more arrogant (not saying you have done that before you start bouncing again ).

I've had a status up since the rule of 6 changed saying I'm not meeting until lockdown is over yet loads of people can't be arsed to read that, let alone a profile.

It's just their way of filtering people out. Not arrogance at all. "

it may be away of filtering, but unless you read and reply to all the messages you get it's arrogance as people hear expect everyone to read their profile but won't read everyones messages, the double standard is arrogance

By *undayTarkaMan  over a year ago

South west

Amazing idea, filters out the snobs by the looks of it hahahah

» Add a new message to this topic