FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tesco's

Tesco's

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondered if anyone else have noticed this in their local Tesco? JLS endorsed condoms? Now I'm all for finding ways to promote condoms but when they have pictures of groups like JLS then I don't think they should be low down on the shelf.

Particularly at eye level of young children.

The conversation with my 9 years old went...mum, it's JLS, can I have one of them please?

Me...No, they are not for children

Daughter...but it's got JLS on and I love JLS , what is it?

Me....it's things only adults can buy, I will tell you when your older.

Now, I know I could have probably handled it better and if I was prepared then I could have probably thought of a better answer but at the time I was horrified that my 9 year old had a pack of condoms in her hands.

I have emailed tesco's to complain as I wasn't too happy about this.

Grrr...rant at Tesco over

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *umslut jannineTV/TS  over a year ago

nottingham

jls on condoms mental if you ask me

most of there fans are kids

I thought the same, it's not right, maybe they think it's a good thing aiming at teens but majority of fans are too young to even know what they are.

Btw....I was not buying condoms with my daughter present, the condoms are opposite the deodorants.

By *uttyMan  over a year ago

Local to you maybe

Pfft just gonna give guys another excuse for not puttin a condom on! "can't do it Ashton's staring at me "

"I've gone soft because it's JLS"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just wondered if anyone else have noticed this in their local Tesco? JLS endorsed condoms? Now I'm all for finding ways to promote condoms but when they have pictures of groups like JLS then I don't think they should be low down on the shelf.

The conversation with my 9 years old went...mum, it's JLS, can I have one of them please?

Now, I know I could have probably handled it better and if I was prepared then I could have probably thought of a better answer but at the time I was horrified that my 9 year old had a pack of condoms in her hands.

"

I just think it's a shame that their respective fathers didn't use one and save us from the god awful crap music.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I think it's a great idea.

Condoms have been in supermarkets for years.

I see no reason to complain to Tesco because you had to be a parent to your child.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

They have been on lots of tv programmes watched by youngsters promoting safe sex and their condoms. I believe each member (yes, I know) has their own box.

They are in most shops but I have noticed condoms everywhere seem to have moved to the lowest shelves.

King's Crustacean

"Just wondered if anyone else have noticed this in their local Tesco? JLS endorsed condoms? Now I'm all for finding ways to promote condoms but when they have pictures of groups like JLS then I don't think they should be low down on the shelf.

I just think it's a shame that their respective fathers didn't use one and save us from the god awful crap music. "

They are actually very good.

Clean cut healthy living lads.

Their music isn't to my taste but I can't deny they are at the better end of what is popular

Anything that encourages safe sex to teenagers/young adults is a good idea to me

King's Crustacean

"They have been on lots of tv programmes watched by youngsters promoting safe sex and their condoms. I believe each member (yes, I know) has their own box.

They are in most shops but I have noticed condoms everywhere seem to have moved to the lowest shelves."

Well I for one support sex for midgets

nottingham

it is so wrong though

what next a justin bieber dildo

King's Crustacean

"it is so wrong though

what next a justin bieber dildo"

What would be wrong with that ?

nottingham

well it would be to small for a start

"I think it's a great idea.

I see no reason to complain to Tesco because you had to be a parent to your child. "

As I said in my original post I'm all for promoting condoms, the reason I complained is to ask them to move them higher on the shelves so young children are not picking them up asking to have them because their favorite group are advertised all over them.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i do love the irony of someone moaning about sexual things being related to things children like when the OP is named after very popular childrens books and tv programme

Whats a child looking at the condoms in first place as there with all the rest of the condoms? ..... People need to relise kids are having sex!!!!! Yes its not right but id rather my son buy them than make a young girl pregnant! I think tesco are right to have boy bands on brands as its promoting protection!!! Get a grip op!

King's Crustacean

"well it would be to small for a start "

Good point....... Let's all have DJBP

"i do love the irony of someone moaning about sexual things being related to things children like when the OP is named after very popular childrens books and tv programme "

I like to think that no children are using this site or seeing what our user name is

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"i do love the irony of someone moaning about sexual things being related to things children like when the OP is named after very popular childrens books and tv programme

I like to think that no children are using this site or seeing what our user name is

But they're brother and sister...

"

tescos pole dancing kit for kids...now that was an idea that shoulda never left the boardroom..or the head of the suggester lol

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"i do love the irony of someone moaning about sexual things being related to things children like when the OP is named after very popular childrens books and tv programme

"

That's because their parents will be keeping them away from things that are for adults only!

"Whats a child looking at the condoms in first place as there with all the rest of the condoms? ..... People need to relise kids are having sex!!!!! Yes its not right but id rather my son buy them than make a young girl pregnant! I think tesco are right to have boy bands on brands as its promoting protection!!! Get a grip op! "

I totally agree with you that it's a good thing to promote safe sex and I do realise kids are having sex, but JLS have very young fans and I was saying that condoms showing popular bands should be above the eye level of very young children.

I was buying deodorant and my daughter turned around and seen the condoms, I didn't take her to look at them.

"Whats a child looking at the condoms in first place as there with all the rest of the condoms? ..... People need to relise kids are having sex!!!!! Yes its not right but id rather my son buy them than make a young girl pregnant! I think tesco are right to have boy bands on brands as its promoting protection!!! Get a grip op!

I totally agree with you that it's a good thing to promote safe sex and I do realise kids are having sex, but JLS have very young fans and I was saying that condoms showing popular bands should be above the eye level of very young children.

I was buying deodorant and my daughter turned around and seen the condoms, I didn't take her to look at them. "

a flipside to the argument is, that a knowledge of condoms was educated to youngsters i remember, to stop them picking them up off the street...nasty as fuck habit some people do!

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"I think it's a great idea.

I see no reason to complain to Tesco because you had to be a parent to your child.

As I said in my original post I'm all for promoting condoms, the reason I complained is to ask them to move them higher on the shelves so young children are not picking them up asking to have them because their favorite group are advertised all over them. "

i have to agree,condoms should be on a shelf,out with the reach of 9 year olds.

being a parent to your child,on this subject,is probably most effective,if done at a time and place,of the parents choosing.

» Add a new message to this topic