FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The youth of today

The youth of today

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I sound like an old git,I don't care.

Can someone please explain why they have to walk down the centre of the road walking and cycling, usually 3/4 a breast then proceed to give any motorists abuse if they toot them to get out of the road.

And if anyone says it's for safety.. don't be daft.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Because they live in an age where everyone has 3 cars per household and every kid has a bike, so roads are full of cars and bikes.

We would have been the same back in the day.

Except me, as I was scared of getting run over.

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Because they know they are untouchable. Police won't do anything, If you hurt them, the police will arrest you. The law is messed up in the UK.

couple, us we him her.

"Because they live in an age where everyone has 3 cars per household and every kid has a bike, so roads are full of cars and bikes.

We would have been the same back in the day.

Except me, as I was scared of getting run over.

"

Not sure what having 3 cars has too do with them walking in the centre of the road when there are two perfectly good pavements either side of the road with no obstructions.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Ummmmm I see adults doing this on a daily basis across the forest, smirking at the line of traffic behind them

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some good old fashioned discipline would enforce some good old fashioned common sense.

Shit we are old too

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

You can't tell me what to do, you're not my mum and I threaten her with childline if she doesn't do exactly what I say

couple, us we him her.

"You can't tell me what to do, you're not my mum and I threaten her with childline if she doesn't do exactly what I say"

Spot on.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Ummmmm I see adults doing this on a daily basis across the forest, smirking at the line of traffic behind them "

Yep and the old people who walk on the road, stand in shop doorways, walk three abreast so I have to walk on the road etc is astounding. Bad manners and poor behaviour is not the sole preserve of the young

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Ummmmm I see adults doing this on a daily basis across the forest, smirking at the line of traffic behind them

Yep and the old people who walk on the road, stand in shop doorways, walk three abreast so I have to walk on the road etc is astounding. Bad manners and poor behaviour is not the sole preserve of the young"

Yup.

"I sound like an old git,I don't care.

Can someone please explain why they have to walk down the centre of the road walking and cycling, usually 3/4 a breast then proceed to give any motorists abuse if they toot them to get out of the road.

And if anyone says it's for safety.. don't be daft.

"

Hey grandma/dad leave us kids alone.....

We forgetting what we were like as children? Selective memory orrrr.... I’d say quite a trivial complaint in comparison to things I seen lol

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

They walk down the middle of the road just so if you clip one of them they can sue you for damages

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

don’t even get me started

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I think that it’s a generational thing.

Young people have always irritated older folks with their behaviour, whether it’s walking down the road, skirts too short, ridiculous hair, hanging around on street corners, loud music and that was from the 60’s...

Memories are always sepia tinted and it’s the inevitable lamentation of the old that the young don’t do things as they did.

I’m sure that there’s a quote from Sophocles about youngsters having no respect...

» Add a new message to this topic