FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Unusual coincidences

Unusual coincidences

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I like hearing about these some give me goosebumps.

As im tired i will start with a boring one.

Myself and my sister live in different countries yet one year we both sent my mum the same birthday card

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

february just gone, both my brother, my parents and i got my eldest child the same birthday presents.

they're 300 miles away, and it was completely on accident.. the bairn had three of a kind of three different presents, that we all thought we were awesome for getting!

great minds think alike.

Px

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

Friends of mine, twins, both live in different towns. They often buy family the cards, it’s becoming a running joke on social media now

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I went to Australia and met a guy I haven never met before and in conversation it turns out his dad was a maintenance man at my senior school. He grew up in a house on the grounds of the school at the time I went there.

I find extraordinary coincidences like this happen a lot. What amazes me is not that these coincidences exist but that we actually find them. How many coincidences are out there that we never discover because we just don't end up having that random conversation? Luke

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

When I live in Malaysia, during the summer school break I came back to the UK for just under 2 weeks. I got the bus into town and left my sunglasess on the bus, I wasn't to happy as they did cost a bit of money. About 3-4 days later I went back into town and sat in the same place, My sunglases where still there at the side of the seat.

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My sister and her husband got married at the ice palace in Finland. They got some tourists to take photos for them . Then for their honeymoon they went on a sleigh trek and had some photos taken at the end of it.

When they had the photos developed theres a guy in the background on both sets of photos 200 miles apart

Meeting a guy from an app who had the same fist name and surname as my first ex, just spelt differently.

I wonder if anyone will top that.

By *ambscouple2015Couple  over a year ago

Not in Wisbech but near

Mrs CC was called my surname at school due to the fact it rhymes with her fisrt name.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

About five years ago. Maybe a bit more , I'm not all that sure but the time doesn't matter really. I'd been walking on a very sunny day in the Lake District. Well you know what it's like up the mountains , the weather changes pretty quickly.

It suddenly went dull and cloudy. I wasn't worried but I thought I'd best roll up my little windbreak , pack my flask and make my way down.

I started down and was doing just fine when they huge grey clouds that had formed let go of every drop of water that they had. It was torrential and quite blinding.

You know when you get wet that you lose such a lot of body heat. I got really cold but my feet were just soaked to the bone and sore.

I still wasn't worried it wasn't too far at this time to my car in the car park.

I kept going but started to feel lost. I'd lost sight of the path to the car park in the rain I did start to worry. Luckily the rain stopped. Really just as quickly as that but by this time I was freezing. I took out my towel and wiped my face....

When I looked up I noticed a little travellers hut .... the kind that are left open with nothing in them .... they are for shelter. I felt glad that I could go over and dry off properly for a few mins and then get my bearings.

I started to feel creeped out because every time I looked around, I couldn't see a soul but I could sense that someone was there. I did start to panic and looked around a few times. I couldn't see anyone or any wild animal but I sensed them........ this was not imagination I really felt that something was there.

As i got nearer to the shelter, I noticed that the door was open a little. I stopped dead in my tracks. It hadn't been open before because I remember hoping that it wasn't locked.

I stood and stared at the shelter and slowly the door opened a little more. Something told me not to go anywhere near the shelter. Maybe the sensations that I'd been getting were omens.. warnings not to go near to the shelter.

I really got spooked and started to run as quickly as I could on wet pathways - it was more like a fast walk. Behind me I could hear someone elses feet and they were gaining on me. I quickened my step. My feet were heavy and sore in wet boots. I spotted my car and sprinted like mad to the car park. All the time the footsteps behind me ..... I wanted to scream.

As I got into the car I thanked FUCK for keyless entry...... I locked the doors and stared out of the windscreen. I saw something duck down behind a mound of grass...... a black figure. I double checked the locks on the doors.... I kept looking left and right and back and forth ...

Then I saw a pair of dry shoes in the footwell ........ I whipped off my boots and put the right shoe on. It fitted........ then I tried the left one on and THAT fitted.... What a fucking co-incidence! Two shoes in my car and they both fit me !!!

Doesn't come weirder than that.

First place I lived in was a flat. Had neighbours below who I knew because the shower once leaked and created a damp patch on their ceiling.

Anyway, many years later, I'm on a family holiday in Jersey visiting friends and I'm waiting outside the hotel for my ex to come down from our room, when those same neighbours walk out of the hotel entrance!!

Or how about this one ...

Flight from Amsterdam is delayed and I start chatting to this guy (or rather he starts chatting to me). He turns out to be my brother's next door neighbour!!

I seem to meet people every few years who lived on the same road as me in Liverpool. It's happened 5 times now, we didn't know each other when we lived in Liverpool and we live all over the country now.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Was in Hawaii with work for a week on the last day I heard someone calling my name. Turned around to see an old school friend who was also in Hawaii for work purposes.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I went to my mum's one day and showed her a huge bruise I had on my left big toe.

She took me into my twin sister's room and showed me her left big toe. It had the same huge bruise.

My sister couldn't walk or move around on her own.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

The partners my parents now have had the same surname and date of birth! (Before my dad married my step-mum)

Went on holiday in my late teens and bumped into my best friend from primary school in a pizza restaurant in Crete, we recognised each other instantly even though we'd not seen each other since we were young or spoken in a decade (wasn't any social media back then)

"About five years ago. Maybe a bit more , I'm not all that sure but the time doesn't matter really. I'd been walking on a very sunny day in the Lake District. Well you know what it's like up the mountains , the weather changes pretty quickly.

It suddenly went dull and cloudy. I wasn't worried but I thought I'd best roll up my little windbreak , pack my flask and make my way down.

I started down and was doing just fine when they huge grey clouds that had formed let go of every drop of water that they had. It was torrential and quite blinding.

You know when you get wet that you lose such a lot of body heat. I got really cold but my feet were just soaked to the bone and sore.

I still wasn't worried it wasn't too far at this time to my car in the car park.

I kept going but started to feel lost. I'd lost sight of the path to the car park in the rain I did start to worry. Luckily the rain stopped. Really just as quickly as that but by this time I was freezing. I took out my towel and wiped my face....

When I looked up I noticed a little travellers hut .... the kind that are left open with nothing in them .... they are for shelter. I felt glad that I could go over and dry off properly for a few mins and then get my bearings.

I started to feel creeped out because every time I looked around, I couldn't see a soul but I could sense that someone was there. I did start to panic and looked around a few times. I couldn't see anyone or any wild animal but I sensed them........ this was not imagination I really felt that something was there.

As i got nearer to the shelter, I noticed that the door was open a little. I stopped dead in my tracks. It hadn't been open before because I remember hoping that it wasn't locked.

I stood and stared at the shelter and slowly the door opened a little more. Something told me not to go anywhere near the shelter. Maybe the sensations that I'd been getting were omens.. warnings not to go near to the shelter.

I really got spooked and started to run as quickly as I could on wet pathways - it was more like a fast walk. Behind me I could hear someone elses feet and they were gaining on me. I quickened my step. My feet were heavy and sore in wet boots. I spotted my car and sprinted like mad to the car park. All the time the footsteps behind me ..... I wanted to scream.

As I got into the car I thanked FUCK for keyless entry...... I locked the doors and stared out of the windscreen. I saw something duck down behind a mound of grass...... a black figure. I double checked the locks on the doors.... I kept looking left and right and back and forth ...

Then I saw a pair of dry shoes in the footwell ........ I whipped off my boots and put the right shoe on. It fitted........ then I tried the left one on and THAT fitted.... What a fucking co-incidence! Two shoes in my car and they both fit me !!!

Doesn't come weirder than that."

Do you still have the shoes?

"My sister and her husband got married at the ice palace in Finland. They got some tourists to take photos for them . Then for their honeymoon they went on a sleigh trek and had some photos taken at the end of it.

When they had the photos developed theres a guy in the background on both sets of photos 200 miles apart"

Wooooah!!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Funny you should ask ...... I do still have the shoes and they do still fit.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"The partners my parents now have had the same surname and date of birth! (Before my dad married my step-mum)

Went on holiday in my late teens and bumped into my best friend from primary school in a pizza restaurant in Crete, we recognised each other instantly even though we'd not seen each other since we were young or spoken in a decade (wasn't any social media back then) "

I bumped into a girl from primary school in Alicante airport when I was in my mid-20s and same thing!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I have met several people in different countries and cities multiple times by chance, including 1 in Greece, Mallorca and Nottingham - to my shame, they walked past a chip shop I was in, in the latter. Others have recognised me and detailed where I was and what was going on 1 brought up the coincidences topic, meeting in a hotel launderette. I now expect it and assume I'm somewhat of a beacon than flares brightly

My mum moved cross-country to a place where we have no family ties of history. On digging into the history of her new house (a really old cottage) she discovered that a previous tenant was an old ancestor of ours who had vanished without trace.

By *oingforit99Couple  over a year ago

Preston

Awesome... You left me breathless!

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"My mum moved cross-country to a place where we have no family ties of history. On digging into the history of her new house (a really old cottage) she discovered that a previous tenant was an old ancestor of ours who had vanished without trace. "

Oooo, similar thing with me. I'm Essex born n bred, my nan was from Yorkshire. That was as far as we knew, or really thought about the "where".

I moved to the West Mids, about 6 months later my sister did our family history and I was living a few streets away (streets which never existed until 80 or so years ago) from great whatnots from over 2 centuries ago and some of them were buried in the church a 10 min walk away.

Wow... there is enough material to make a Netflix series here.

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

My mum got smart watches from my stepdad and myself for Christmas, she didn't want to send either back so now wears both

Me and my sister both have had the same dreams down to fine details. If it feels significant we have called eachother and completely blown eachothers minds. Husbands can verify this. Has happened 4 times in our lives. Last time was 2016.

A nephew went backpacking in Australia and New Zealand. Having had a shagfest he decided to go to a clinic for a check up. He was seen by a nurse who checked him over and took blood etc. After completing the tests the nurse said “ and how’s your dad keeping “ turns out that she came from the same town as his dad and knew him well, lol!

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"A nephew went backpacking in Australia and New Zealand. Having had a shagfest he decided to go to a clinic for a check up. He was seen by a nurse who checked him over and took blood etc. After completing the tests the nurse said “ and how’s your dad keeping “ turns out that she came from the same town as his dad and knew him well, lol!"

I was chatting to the nurse in the gum clinic and her mum used to be my next door neighbour when I was a kid.

» Add a new message to this topic