FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > White House Dog Bites

White House Dog Bites

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Apparently the German Shepherd Major who is Joe Bidens dog has bitten the second person in a month after coming back from a dog course. Can this beast ever be tamed ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

It’s only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt.

Chelmsford

Two bites in a month and that's after a training course. And it's an Alsation..

They can be vicious

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Rather than attacking the breed of dog let’s look at why...what training was given? the cause and situation why is the dog being exposed to situations it finds stressful... how much attention is being paid to the surroundings by the handler?

Many issues are caused by the owner/handler than the dog itself....and yes I say this as a GSD owner

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Two bites in a month and that's after a training course. And it's an Alsation..

They can be vicious "

Any dog can be vicious, given the right circumstances.

I know certain breeds have more of a ‘reputation’.

walsall

"Rather than attacking the breed of dog let’s look at why...what training was given? the cause and situation why is the dog being exposed to situations it finds stressful... how much attention is being paid to the surroundings by the handler?

Many issues are caused by the owner/handler than the dog itself....and yes I say this as a GSD owner"

Doesn’t matter what the breed is. If it’s attacking people it needs to go.

If the owner doesn’t look after the dog properly then they shouldn’t be allowed to keep a dog.

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Major was adopted from an animal shelter, so may well be carrying traumas from earlier in his life.

He's not a "beast" who needs to be "tamed"; he's a thinking, feeling, living being who needs understanding, care and support.

No bad dogs. Only bad humans.

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

I thought White House Dog Bites were a new processed snack from Korea. Who knew.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

What where the circumstances? I've always been around dogs, from huntaways, sheep dogs to Yorkshire terriers. I've only ever been bitten twice by a Jack Russell and a blind sheep dog both were my own fault not the dogs.

"Rather than attacking the breed of dog let’s look at why...what training was given? the cause and situation why is the dog being exposed to situations it finds stressful... how much attention is being paid to the surroundings by the handler?

Many issues are caused by the owner/handler than the dog itself....and yes I say this as a GSD owner

Doesn’t matter what the breed is. If it’s attacking people it needs to go.

If the owner doesn’t look after the dog properly then they shouldn’t be allowed to keep a dog.

"

Absolutely agree...as I said the breed doesn’t need to be brought into it...reasons why/training owner is a more valid concern

By *acDreamyMan  over a year ago

Wirral

I suspect Trump spent his last days in office hiding dog irritating smells around the house as a prank!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

If this was anyone else's dog it would have been put down by now.... Not saying its right, just saying that if the owner wasn't president that's what would have happened......

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

There are no bad dogs, only bad owners. A well trained dog is best.

It's a rescue dog. It'll take time and huge amounts of care to make the dog feel secure enough it doesn't need to bite.

Chelmsford

Of course it's not always the breeds although those bred for dogfighting etc always come up on the radar.. I don't know what training the dog had but I understand it was a month long and I would not think that the President would send the dog on a Mickey Mouse course.

Could it just be that this is a Devil Dog..

Some humans are just pure evil and I reckon some dogs too..

La la land

"It's a rescue dog. It'll take time and huge amounts of care to make the dog feel secure enough it doesn't need to bite. "

Exactly and it's just been moved from its normal surroundings to a busy white house. Sending it away to dog obedience may not be the solution.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"It's a rescue dog. It'll take time and huge amounts of care to make the dog feel secure enough it doesn't need to bite.

Exactly and it's just been moved from its normal surroundings to a busy white house. Sending it away to dog obedience may not be the solution. "

Agree on both points, the environment it's in now may not be at all suitable ..

We have rescues, one was mistreated and with any dog where the full history has gaps it's a learning process..

Chelmsford

I remember as a child knowing two brothers. One was as gentle as a lamb and the other would attack you for sport. It could be like this here. He has two Alsations. Only one is biting everybody.. This evil bigger should be kept away from people before it does real damage..

La la land

"Of course it's not always the breeds although those bred for dogfighting etc always come up on the radar.. I don't know what training the dog had but I understand it was a month long and I would not think that the President would send the dog on a Mickey Mouse course.

Could it just be that this is a Devil Dog..

Some humans are just pure evil and I reckon some dogs too.."

According to the news it nipped someone, yes it's not brilliant but it's far from an attack. It's like someone giving someone a slap across the face Vs kicking the living day lights out of someone. It's not right and it needs sorting but doesn't sound like an evil dog.

I believe some dogs are arseholes jus like humans. Have 2 dogs a cocker spangle and a pitbull. The spaniel has bitten numerous people including me but the pit is soft as hell. Both brought up together from puppies the same way. Work that out

Depends on how old the dog is.

Of course it can be trained.

Animals like humans learn from punishment and discipline

"Major was adopted from an animal shelter, so may well be carrying traumas from earlier in his life.

He's not a "beast" who needs to be "tamed"; he's a thinking, feeling, living being who needs understanding, care and support.

No bad dogs. Only bad humans. "

Absolutely.

The reason the training wont have worked is probably environmental, and if the people around him arent on board with his "training" it wont matter.

Watch any "dog" training programme and its evident that the majority of dogs are easy to deal with, its usually because of the owners!

Chelmsford

I am not comfortable when people say, it was not the dogs fault. It was my fault. He didn't beat me. It was just a nip or a slap. Where have we heard that before?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I hope it gets suitable care, treatment and home now. It may be fine at the current situation but may not.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"I remember as a child knowing two brothers. One was as gentle as a lamb and the other would attack you for sport. It could be like this here. He has two Alsations. Only one is biting everybody.. This evil bigger should be kept away from people before it does real damage.."

I take it you aren't a dog person Tom.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I am not comfortable when people say, it was not the dogs fault. It was my fault. He didn't beat me. It was just a nip or a slap. Where have we heard that before?"

Your getting confused, perhaps deliberately connecting two totally separate issues Tom..

La la land

"I am not comfortable when people say, it was not the dogs fault. It was my fault. He didn't beat me. It was just a nip or a slap. Where have we heard that before?"

Can compare a dog to an adult though. they're more like toddlers. One dog bit me because I was pulling at its tail it got annoyed was went left I then followed it and pulled it's tail again even though it growled at me as a warning. So yes it was my fault.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

There's a world of difference Tom. A world of difference.

This is coming from someone who's been bitten in my job as a dog groomer, and beaten for being in a relationship with someone who WAS evil.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Oh stop it Tom. Dogs and humans are incomparable.

I was never scared of my German Shepherd, or even my Dobermann, but I was shit scared of my husband.

None of my dogs have ever bit me.

walsall

"Major was adopted from an animal shelter, so may well be carrying traumas from earlier in his life.

No bad dogs. Only bad humans. "

I love the “don’t blame the dog” idea.

It did it, it bit someone. Blame who you like, but the dog did it.

Does your logic apply to humans who do bad things? It’s not their fault?

Chelmsford

I have no issues with dogs but if I was the Minister of Dogs I would dissolved the kennel club. Stop breeding dogs with inbuilt health issues and ensure that the aggression is bred out of the pet dogs. Working dogs are different and if anyone climbs over my fence late at night wearing a mask and a stripey jumper then I don't object to the guard dog biting him on the bottom

This German shepherd is being paraded through a place with lots and lots of people. All new to him. Maybe he just got to scared and that was his only way of protecting himself.

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"Two bites in a month and that's after a training course. And it's an Alsation..

They can be vicious "

Any dog can be vicious if not trained properly regardless of breed.

Its rarely a nasty personality on the dog & more them thinking its acceptable to behave like that because they were allowed to.

They are supposed to be taught by their mothers what is socially acceptable and hierarchy (they are pack animals), we take them from their mums at 12 weeks, therefore we become mum & the teachers!

This only clearly hasn't.

Dogs are like having primary school kids for life, its constant reinforcement of right & wrong along with all the fun stuff, especially when they reach teens (9mth-2yrs) & adults (4-5yrs), these are the times when they will challenge your authority as head of pack, if they become head of pack you loose control because as far as they see you are below them.

Now that does not mean beat your dog stupid, snaps & bites at young age do need reinforced similar to how mum would because at a young age they don't understand human ways yet. I said training, different methods work for different folk/dogs, dont flip & change though, confusing for both.

Woops.. story, damn adhd

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"I have no issues with dogs but if I was the Minister of Dogs I would dissolved the kennel club. Stop breeding dogs with inbuilt health issues and ensure that the aggression is bred out of the pet dogs. Working dogs are different and if anyone climbs over my fence late at night wearing a mask and a stripey jumper then I don't object to the guard dog biting him on the bottom"

How would people get a working dog that is allowed to bite burglers?

My dogs ignore everyone out in the street, and are friendly towars other dogs; they don't even blink when a cat walks past, but they bark like mad and growl when someone they don't know walks in my house.

glasgow

"I have no issues with dogs but if I was the Minister of Dogs I would dissolved the kennel club. Stop breeding dogs with inbuilt health issues and ensure that the aggression is bred out of the pet dogs. Working dogs are different and if anyone climbs over my fence late at night wearing a mask and a stripey jumper then I don't object to the guard dog biting him on the bottom

How would people get a working dog that is allowed to bite burglers?

My dogs ignore everyone out in the street, and are friendly towars other dogs; they don't even blink when a cat walks past, but they bark like mad and growl when someone they don't know walks in my house.

"

To tom:

Unless you are police/military or similar with a working dog for pursuit.

You are a citizen & your dog is classed as property & therefore owner is liable for anything it does, your dog isn't allowed to bite even for security reasons....its why most folk don't keep guard dogs anymore. It bites i make against charge you & send you to court, not the dog & usually the dog dies as a result.

You cant even put up a 'beware of' sign as it gives the impression of a dangerous dog.

Dogs are territorial so will protect home & you, barking is fine as they are alerting leader...you..and waiting instructions.

Most folk stay clear of barking dogs.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

No bad dogs. Only bad humans.

I love the “don’t blame the dog” idea.

It did it, it bit someone. Blame who you like, but the dog did it.

Does your logic apply to humans who do bad things? It’s not their fault?

"

Could be a number of reasons it’s bitten. Training is the important factor with dogs.

Humans, well that can be down to how they were brought up, I was brought up properly and am not a bad person, I would never intentionally hurt anyone, I was taught manners and never forgot them.

Joe Biden has been touchy feely so his dog is too.

Separate the man from the beast and the beast should be OK.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

Dogs aren't people, therefore analogies to people aren't valid.

I've been bitten by numerous animals, having worked with them and owned them.

It was always my fault because I did something I shouldn't have. I've never come across an animal who attacks (humans) with no warning.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

"I have no issues with dogs but if I was the Minister of Dogs I would dissolved the kennel club. Stop breeding dogs with inbuilt health issues and ensure that the aggression is bred out of the pet dogs. Working dogs are different and if anyone climbs over my fence late at night wearing a mask and a stripey jumper then I don't object to the guard dog biting him on the bottom"

But also completely agree with this, the KC is responsible for so much bred-in cruelty.

I've worked in animal agriculture and can only imagine the uproar if we were to breed, on purpose such unhealthy animals with such a poor quality of life.

They routinely ignore (for nothing but vanity) the absolute basics of breeding, which is hybrid vigour.

"I hope it gets suitable care, treatment and home now. It may be fine at the current situation but may not. "

We all hope so for dementia Joe but what about the dog?

Chelmsford

I wonder if they should bring the dog licence back and treat it similar to a driving licence with classes for different dogs.

You can't drive a HGV without that tick on your licence and a medical. Not sure Joe Biden would pass a medical after seeing repeatedly falling on the steps to that plane.

He should be allowed a spaniel but not a vicious Alsation. Not sure he would have the strength to control it if it is determined to savage somebody..

By *ilver_medalistMan  over a year ago

belfast

They can be vicious "

There are no bad dogs, just bad owners and there's no such dog as an alsation, hasn't been recognised by that by the kc since 1977.

glasgow

"I am not comfortable when people say, it was not the dogs fault. It was my fault. He didn't beat me. It was just a nip or a slap. Where have we heard that before?

Dogs aren't people, therefore analogies to people aren't valid.

I've been bitten by numerous animals, having worked with them and owned them.

It was always my fault because I did something I shouldn't have. I've never come across an animal who attacks (humans) with no warning.

"

I have, but we later found out the horse had cancer of the womb & where I had touched her had hurt & she flipped...I couldn't get out so had my head between 2 water buckets in brackets as she double barrelled them.

along with that most have been either fears (we've had a lot of animals with no history...always most difficult) or my own damn fault. I've known more horses to bite, kick, stand on feet etc than I've even known dogs to bite.

i've only actually been bitten twice once by a black lab who was untrained as a youngster & got worse as it got bigger, he ended up getting but down he attacked so many folk...mine was for asking it to move off the couch. the other was a choc lab in a garden who i though was a good idea to pet...hmm no.

little dogs i don't like because they are bad for snapping & nipping mostly due to owners never telling them off cos they are small and cute....naw! you wouldn't let your kid away with bite would ya.

Chelmsford

Without the Press this evil bugger would still be biting...let's follow the story...

"Without the Press this evil bugger would still be biting...let's follow the story..."

Evil

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I thought White House Dog Bites were a new processed snack from Korea. Who knew. "

No they are a band in the live lounge this week.

couple, us we him her.

"Without the Press this evil bugger would still be biting...let's follow the story..."

Alsaishark.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

They can be vicious "

Any dog can be vicious in the hands of the wrong owner

Chelmsford

They can be vicious

Any dog can be vicious in the hands of the wrong owner "

The President being the wrong owner presumably?

Who is going to tell him?

By *lasphemousGirlWoman  over a year ago

Cambs

Many issues are caused by the owner/handler than the dog itself....and yes I say this as a GSD owner"

As above! It's most likely that this individual dog can't handle the stressful situation of being in the white house poor thing.

It's not the breed, it's the individual dog.

couple, us we him her.

Grrrrrr woof woof.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

We don't know why the dog has bitten, our gsd has never bitten. He does play and get excited and has caught me with his teeth. It's never been a deliberate bite its just his way of playing.

A rescue dog who hasn't been properly acclimatised to his new surroundings and probably not used to lots of people.

German Shepherds can be anxious, people mistake it for aggression

Poor dog, it is the fault of the people for putting him in that situation where he feels unsafe

I have a German Shepherd who is anxious. I would never dream of putting him in these dangerous situations

"We don't know why the dog has bitten, our gsd has never bitten. He does play and get excited and has caught me with his teeth. It's never been a deliberate bite its just his way of playing

"

Yep, German Sheps have a specific way of playing and interacting with each other, it looks aggressive, but it is just rough play. My GSD will play with my Sons Cocker spaniel, he is so gentle with her yet stick him with his brother and it looks like clash of the titans...

He growls during play with me yet won't with anyone else

By *aver999Couple  over a year ago

East Mids

"We don't know why the dog has bitten, our gsd has never bitten. He does play and get excited and has caught me with his teeth. It's never been a deliberate bite its just his way of playing

Yep, German Sheps have a specific way of playing and interacting with each other, it looks aggressive, but it is just rough play. My GSD will play with my Sons Cocker spaniel, he is so gentle with her yet stick him with his brother and it looks like clash of the titans...

He growls during play with me yet won't with anyone else "

Haha yeah, we have 2 GSD rescues and when they play one normally has the others head or neck in its mouth or ambushes their leg as they walk by

Chelmsford

How dangerous can they be tho

East Mids

"How dangerous can they be tho"

To us they are both big fluffy softies. The male doesn't like strangers but we were working on him just as lockdown started so need to resume. When we had him he would go wild at other people or dogs but after a few months he was walking calmly by them even if they bark at him.

All dogs are dangerous in the wrong hands, its the owners that need retraining not the dogs

Chelmsford

"How dangerous can they be tho

To us they are both big fluffy softies. The male doesn't like strangers but we were working on him just as lockdown started so need to resume. When we had him he would go wild at other people or dogs but after a few months he was walking calmly by them even if they bark at him.

All dogs are dangerous in the wrong hands, its the owners that need retraining not the dogs "

Sounds bloody dangerous to me

glasgow

"How dangerous can they be tho"

Your saying that as a member of the most dangerous specis of them all

He growls during play with me yet won't with anyone else

Haha yeah, we have 2 GSD rescues and when they play one normally has the others head or neck in its mouth or ambushes their leg as they walk by "

My boy plays with the cat like that. The cat always starts it and before you know it my dog has the cats head in his mouth just holding her there, doesn't bite down and does not mouth her. I think he wants to control her to stop her attacking him, he could easily bite down and snap her neck if he wanted but nope, he just likes to hold her there

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

Watch k*9 intervention on Netflix. It talks about a lot of what has been mentioned on this thread. Even protection dogs.

Certain breeds get branded aggressive, but it's how they are raised or treated by humans. All dogs are gentle and loving creatures and with the right training and discipline can make wonderful pets. On the flip side all dogs can be aggressive. Sadly humans are lazy and don't train their dogs or treat them with respect, and then wonder why bad things happen.

Bidens dog is clearly out of his comfort zone and being put in situations where he feels under threat. A new environment with lots of strangers can be triggering for a dog that has been through past trauma.

Chelmsford

What should happen to this dog tho..

East Mids

"What should happen to this dog tho.."

Joe Biden should get trained! Dogs will only bite if they are stressed or in fear. If the owner is not confident the dog will pick up on it and take over. The dog needs to learn how to relax but the owner has to teach it.

walsall

There was an 85 year old woman mauled to death in her own garden yesterday in the West Midlands. Two dogs.

Of course it wasn’t the dogs fault.

» Add a new message to this topic