FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Single and missing out

Single and missing out

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This is my own take but feel free to give your own views. As a single guy who has been alone a number of years and activly looking for a new girlfriend i feel that because im single life is passing by and im missing out on all the good things to enjoy with sex and the companionship that comes with being in a relationship. It can get rather depressing and with covid it has taken away any chance for the moment of going out and finding a new love.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"This is my own take but feel free to give your own views. As a single guy who has been alone a number of years and activly looking for a new girlfriend i feel that because im single life is passing by and im missing out on all the good things to enjoy with sex and the companionship that comes with being in a relationship. It can get rather depressing and with covid it has taken away any chance for the moment of going out and finding a new love."

Learn to enjoy yourself bud. It's a complicated journey for sure.

But then you'll bump into that 1 and you'll forget these feelings ever existed I'm sure.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's a good time to reflect on what's really important to you and work on yourself

"This is my own take but feel free to give your own views. As a single guy who has been alone a number of years and activly looking for a new girlfriend i feel that because im single life is passing by and im missing out on all the good things to enjoy with sex and the companionship that comes with being in a relationship. It can get rather depressing and with covid it has taken away any chance for the moment of going out and finding a new love.

Learn to enjoy yourself bud. It's a complicated journey for sure.

But then you'll bump into that 1 and you'll forget these feelings ever existed I'm sure. "

I have but i have been single a lot of years and now ready to find someone but the point im makeing is as a single guy im missing out on all the good things about being with someone and missing out on all the good sex you can enjoy too. Its all well being happy with yourself but im missing out on all the intimacy i want to enjoy. I thank you for your imput tho.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

What Is Love - Haddaway

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I

On the flip side of enjoying yourself, and appreciating your own company....if you have been single for a number of years and feel you wish to find love with another, do you feel you are best placed to do so? Are you the best version of you and likely to attract the person you want to, and most importantly bring out the best in you? I know people who are using this time to reflect, and set goals - losing weight, upskilling, working on their inner self and emotions to be a positively honest person, and supersize their mental health etc, get into good routines and doing those things have meant they’ve tried new things, risked a bit more as their freedom from that discipline has given them more exposure than they realised, and some have found more people that they would find attractive and began to meet people within the current climate, which is able to be outside for a coffee and chat etc.

Just wanted to encourage you to maybe mix things up, if you’ve been single for a few years maybe trying something new within your life will help to break some cycles.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

Coming from someone who has basically spent all he adult years being single I've come to realise that because I know I can cope on my own I don't 'settle'.

I would love a relationship but only if it works for both of us and if I can see its not then I don't see the point of forming the attachment. Hopefully the right person will come along sooner rather than later but until then I'll enjoy starfishing my bed

By *xciter7169Man  over a year ago

The Midlands

"Coming from someone who has basically spent all he adult years being single I've come to realise that because I know I can cope on my own I don't 'settle'.

I would love a relationship but only if it works for both of us and if I can see its not then I don't see the point of forming the attachment. Hopefully the right person will come along sooner rather than later but until then I'll enjoy starfishing my bed "

Exactly how i feel

"On the flip side of enjoying yourself, and appreciating your own company....if you have been single for a number of years and feel you wish to find love with another, do you feel you are best placed to do so? Are you the best version of you and likely to attract the person you want to, and most importantly bring out the best in you? I know people who are using this time to reflect, and set goals - losing weight, upskilling, working on their inner self and emotions to be a positively honest person, and supersize their mental health etc, get into good routines and doing those things have meant they’ve tried new things, risked a bit more as their freedom from that discipline has given them more exposure than they realised, and some have found more people that they would find attractive and began to meet people within the current climate, which is able to be outside for a coffee and chat etc.

Just wanted to encourage you to maybe mix things up, if you’ve been single for a few years maybe trying something new within your life will help to break some cycles."

All nice advice and i thank you but im on here to plug the gap of the missing sex in my life. I prefer to try to meet someone in real life on nights out etc but with covid thats been on hold for a year. I have tried online dateing and its full of liers fakes and most dont seem to be serious about finding a boyfriend as they never want to give a decent person a chance and get to know him as a person.

Life is a journey not a destination and each day shapes our experience.

"On the flip side of enjoying yourself, and appreciating your own company....if you have been single for a number of years and feel you wish to find love with another, do you feel you are best placed to do so? Are you the best version of you and likely to attract the person you want to, and most importantly bring out the best in you? I know people who are using this time to reflect, and set goals - losing weight, upskilling, working on their inner self and emotions to be a positively honest person, and supersize their mental health etc, get into good routines and doing those things have meant they’ve tried new things, risked a bit more as their freedom from that discipline has given them more exposure than they realised, and some have found more people that they would find attractive and began to meet people within the current climate, which is able to be outside for a coffee and chat etc.

Just wanted to encourage you to maybe mix things up, if you’ve been single for a few years maybe trying something new within your life will help to break some cycles.

All nice advice and i thank you but im on here to plug the gap of the missing sex in my life. I prefer to try to meet someone in real life on nights out etc but with covid thats been on hold for a year. I have tried online dateing and its full of liers fakes and most dont seem to be serious about finding a boyfriend as they never want to give a decent person a chance and get to know him as a person."

You mentioned companionship and a relationship as well as the sex, and I’d suggest trying new ways to meet people if you’ve been single for a significant period and wish to change that. There are plenty of women out there wanting to meet people, I am not being harsh here but it doesn’t sound very self positive that you’re saying they (!)‘never want to give a decent person a chance and get to know him as a person.’ I’m sure I don’t live in a crazy part of the world, but I have several female friends who would love to meet guys like that.

Keep going and stay positive, you never know what’s round the corner. You might just find that elusive person and whatever sexual antics you think of.

By *isbehavingWoman  over a year ago

Huntly

You could see it the other way. Look at all those unhappy couples only together for the kids, money, or nothing better. You have the best of both lives being single. You can be sociable, meet new people, and just enjoy your own space with different people until you get to a point where you meet someone and both of you want the same. Think of it more as the hassle you’re saving yourself rather than what you’re missing.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

[Removed by poster at 31/03/21 00:18:57]

Bexley

Oh dear, where do we start?

As you rightly observe covid has taken away any chance for the moment of going out and finding a new love.

You have only been on here six weeks during which you should not have been meeting anyone new anyway.

Your profile has no picture. that will immediately set you back several hundred percent.

If you are looking for romance it doesn't show in your very brief description.

What does show is that you want to meet kinky women and offer to lick pussy until they drip. Maybe you really do, or else that is an attempt to sell yourself versus the competition.

Talking of competition, I hear that there is almost limitless competition on this site. something all males need to understand. There may well be some females who are into heavily tattooed pussy lickers but you won't be the only one volunteering, so again it is going to mean joining a long queue.

Starting your profile with the word 'Decent' is quite a smart move but it needs backing up subsequently.

Were we not living under restricted conditions, my genuine advice to any male who craves filthy sex is go and seek it out in the market place. It is available in various places and it is by no means unheard of to develop a lasting relationship which eventually frees both participants from situations neither were totally happy with.

The other option, if love and a relationship are the true aim, is to go on a proper dating site. However if all you truthfully want is bucketloads of filthy sex, it is probably better not to mislead dating site women with pretence of looking for a conventional relationship.

So I would say, go and pay for it, in clubs or massage parlours if you want it desperately and soon, or take your chances on here perhaps waiting for a very very very long time. At best you will more than likely get offers from your fellow orally skilled male competitors hoping to assuage their own desires by any available means.

Please take this reply as it is intended: Well meaning and realistic advice from an older man who knows what makes the world tick.

I thought of just smiling and keeping my thoughts to myself but then thought bad about seeing you waste too much more of your supposedly barren time waiting for something to happen on here, because statistically it probably won't, ever.

I also thought of privately replying but then, there will undoubtedly be others in your boat reading this and maybe also other 'old hands' who will endorse my advice.

Good luck and get on with it soon if it is that imperative to achieve.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"This is my own take but feel free to give your own views. As a single guy who has been alone a number of years and activly looking for a new girlfriend i feel that because im single life is passing by and im missing out on all the good things to enjoy with sex and the companionship that comes with being in a relationship. It can get rather depressing and with covid it has taken away any chance for the moment of going out and finding a new love."

Going to be harsh but If Life's passing you by it's your own fault and nobody else's.

you say you've been single for a number of years but you've got one life so start living your best life rather than spending years worrying about finding someone.

Good luck

I feel the same sometimes OP..then I remember that the first 35 years didn't exactly go all that smoothly either and just get on with it

I don’t think being single is missing out and I’m sorry you feel that way.... I’d say embrace the life you live and love will find you xxxx

By *layful HarlequinMan  over a year ago

uxbridge

"I don’t think being single is missing out and I’m sorry you feel that way.... I’d say embrace the life you live and love will find you xxxx"

Spot on as above

"I don’t think being single is missing out and I’m sorry you feel that way.... I’d say embrace the life you live and love will find you xxxx

Spot on as above "

Thank you xx

uxbridge

"I don’t think being single is missing out and I’m sorry you feel that way.... I’d say embrace the life you live and love will find you xxxx

Spot on as above

Thank you xx"

You’re more than welcome also agree with you

"I don’t think being single is missing out and I’m sorry you feel that way.... I’d say embrace the life you live and love will find you xxxx"

Brilliant comment x totally agree with that x

Brilliant comment x totally agree with that x "

Thank you xxx

Brilliant comment x totally agree with that x

Thank you xxx"

No problem xx

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

A lot of people on here really enjoy the freedom and flexibility that being single gives you. Since about age 21 I’ve only ever been non-girlfriended for about 6 months and I really really enjoyed it.

This

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

The only thing I miss being single is having someone make my morning brew

This "

I agree

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

If you can’t enjoy yourself how are you gonna let someone else?

Being happy in your own skin is not only good for your mental health, it’s attractive. Women notice that kinda stuff

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman  over a year ago

'tween PontyCarlo & CasVegas in West Yorks

I completely understand how the OP feels...theres lots of things you can miss out on being single, for example holidays, day trips out, cinema, dining out, +1's at family events, having someone to come home to at the end of a tiring day at work, and just simply having someone just care about you and to care for.

Yes you can do all the things above alone and, or you can do with friends, but its really not the same as having a the love of a partner.

I for one do embrace my life, and I do try to be the best person I can be, but still theres an element missing and an emptiness that runs quite deeply

By *arlot_CharlotteWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

I completely understand how the OP feels...theres lots of things you can miss out on being single, for example holidays, day trips out, cinema, dining out, +1's at family events, having someone to come home to at the end of a tiring day at work, and just simply having someone just care about you and to care for.

Yes you can do all the things above alone and, or you can do with friends, but its really not the same as having a the love of a partner.

I for one do embrace my life, and I do try to be the best person I can be, but still theres an element missing and an emptiness that runs quite deeply"

I agree - I love my life and all the friends and family around me - I’ve got lots of people I can plan something with but nobody to do nothing with...Sunday nights are the worst. Fab has always been about finding some fun but I also want to find a partner in crime to share real life together. Dating apps have so far been disappointing with how little effort people make. I took up a new hobby last year which I’m keen to restart (open water swimming) as it challenges me, will help to keep me fit and, who knows, I might meet someone too.

I think the point that some have tried to make OP, is that you need to mix things up in your own life and try some new hobbies. I’ve not met the right person yet but I know it will take as long as it takes to meet my best mate who I also fancy the arse off

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I wonder if the op had been a woman, how many of the responses would be a bit more empathetic. Some people like being with other people. Maslows hierarchy of needs.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

It won’t last forever OP, even though it sometimes feels like it will. And if these strange times carry on, you’ll reach a point where you’ll have had enough and you’ll adapt, find new ways to date that suit you.

In the meantime, don’t dwell too hard on it, enjoy your singledom (whilst it lasts) and then when you find your bow chica wow wow woman, you can have new adventures together.

Keep the faith.

I know someone who was single for a very long time and met their boyfriend four months ago. COVID is only a barrier if you let it be. Maybe instead of 'actively looking for a girlfriend' try just meeting new people and see who you click with. Don't stick to a type, be open minded, just chat with anyone who sounds fun or seems appealing and just see what happens. Good luck!

Tabitha xx

I for one do embrace my life, and I do try to be the best person I can be, but still theres an element missing and an emptiness that runs quite deeply"

You have got my point spot on thank you. Exactly how i wanted to put it accross. As said it is not the same as haveing someone to love and it is missing out in my book. Someone to spend time with and hold etc. Just to clear it up for those who may have missed it i am on here to plug the gap in my sexless life as a single i have hardly any sex or intimacy and yes i feel im missing out as life passers me by, when i find love in the real world this profile will be gone. I would never dupe anyone. Thanks for all comments etc.

By *harisajidanWoman  over a year ago

london

"Oh dear, where do we start?

As you rightly observe covid has taken away any chance for the moment of going out and finding a new love.

You have only been on here six weeks during which you should not have been meeting anyone new anyway.

Your profile has no picture. that will immediately set you back several hundred percent.

If you are looking for romance it doesn't show in your very brief description.

What does show is that you want to meet kinky women and offer to lick pussy until they drip. Maybe you really do, or else that is an attempt to sell yourself versus the competition.

Talking of competition, I hear that there is almost limitless competition on this site. something all males need to understand. There may well be some females who are into heavily tattooed pussy lickers but you won't be the only one volunteering, so again it is going to mean joining a long queue.

Starting your profile with the word 'Decent' is quite a smart move but it needs backing up subsequently.

Were we not living under restricted conditions, my genuine advice to any male who craves filthy sex is go and seek it out in the market place. It is available in various places and it is by no means unheard of to develop a lasting relationship which eventually frees both participants from situations neither were totally happy with.

The other option, if love and a relationship are the true aim, is to go on a proper dating site. However if all you truthfully want is bucketloads of filthy sex, it is probably better not to mislead dating site women with pretence of looking for a conventional relationship.

So I would say, go and pay for it, in clubs or massage parlours if you want it desperately and soon, or take your chances on here perhaps waiting for a very very very long time. At best you will more than likely get offers from your fellow orally skilled male competitors hoping to assuage their own desires by any available means.

Please take this reply as it is intended: Well meaning and realistic advice from an older man who knows what makes the world tick.

I thought of just smiling and keeping my thoughts to myself but then thought bad about seeing you waste too much more of your supposedly barren time waiting for something to happen on here, because statistically it probably won't, ever.

I also thought of privately replying but then, there will undoubtedly be others in your boat reading this and maybe also other 'old hands' who will endorse my advice.

Good luck and get on with it soon if it is that imperative to achieve."

I for one do embrace my life, and I do try to be the best person I can be, but still theres an element missing and an emptiness that runs quite deeply

I agree - I love my life and all the friends and family around me - I’ve got lots of people I can plan something with but nobody to do nothing with...Sunday nights are the worst. Fab has always been about finding some fun but I also want to find a partner in crime to share real life together. Dating apps have so far been disappointing with how little effort people make. I took up a new hobby last year which I’m keen to restart (open water swimming) as it challenges me, will help to keep me fit and, who knows, I might meet someone too.

I think the point that some have tried to make OP, is that you need to mix things up in your own life and try some new hobbies. I’ve not met the right person yet but I know it will take as long as it takes to meet my best mate who I also fancy the arse off "

Totally agree about dateing apps i wont use them as full of liers and fakes and too many sex pest men spoil it for us decent guys who actually want to find a relationship. That said a lot of women seem to not be serious on them as they dont chat and get to know a decent guy for who he is as a person as they base it all on looks when personelly i was brought up to get to know someone for who they are not just what they look like.

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

I've been single now for 4 years now. Although I do miss being with someone but at the same time I'm not wanting to rush anything too. Obviously with the world as it is today, the dating scene has gone to shit but saying that.. it didn't go so well pre covid anyway so no difference there really lol but thinking about it too much is only gonna bring you down. Best thing to do, is bide your time and enjoy life as much as you can and when it does happen, and it will one day.. cherish it and hold on to it and don't take it for granted.

I may have stranded away from the main topic but I was on a roll so let's just roll with it lol

"I've been single now for 4 years now. Although I do miss being with someone but at the same time I'm not wanting to rush anything too. Obviously with the world as it is today, the dating scene has gone to shit but saying that.. it didn't go so well pre covid anyway so no difference there really lol but thinking about it too much is only gonna bring you down. Best thing to do, is bide your time and enjoy life as much as you can and when it does happen, and it will one day.. cherish it and hold on to it and don't take it for granted.

I may have stranded away from the main topic but I was on a roll so let's just roll with it lol"

I get that and thank you but also the point is im wanting to meet someone younger and as life passers by being single im getting older so my chances of meeting someone younger are going to be harder now than say when i was 29 or 30.

I don't miss things because I'm very regimented.

I have a busy schedule so I'm always doing something.

Little time for pondering what might have been etc.

So get busy, stand up straight, shoulders back and get out there soldier!

OK OP I get it - you feel like you're missing out.

Most of us do at the moment - you're not alone.

So you need to do something about it.

You have to look for relationships they don't just fall in your lap.

Make it your full time job

Maybe start with your interests and see if you can meet people that way.

Even if its on an internet forum of a subject or hobby you enjoy.

The world will re open soon and you can go out and meet people.

I mean it with kindness - being negative and whining that you're missing out isn't going to get you anywhere.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Stay positive as the easing of restrictions is just around the corner

Max out the pleasure that you experience whilst you are single in all ways

By *heonixRaven 777Woman  over a year ago

Guildford

I choose to be single, yes I actually choose to be alone and there is a big difference between being alone and lonely.

While I can understand why you maybe feeling lonely, having a loving partner does not complete you or shouldn’t in my opinion. A loving partner should enhance your life.

I think that perhaps you should work on filling your own cup and loving yourself first and stop trying to force love.

The right person will find you when the time is right , so enjoy the time of eating what you like, hogging the duvet to yourself, watching whatever you like on Netflix, eating whenever and whatever you like.

Embrace the things you are passionate about other than finding love.

Everything for a reason... who knows, perhaps all this time you are single another you in a parralel universe wasnt... didn't mean he was happier.. you could of avoided a bullet being single

All very good advice thank you but as im getting older the longer im single i will struggle to find a relationship with someone 20-26 ( my prefrence )

uxbridge

Definitely on the two for one meals ! Oh and everything else too yes

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Yes completely agree with this xx

By *oxy lady40Woman  over a year ago

bridgwater

Maybe you are on the wrong site to look for a relationship, might happen but very rare

"All very good advice thank you but as im getting older the longer im single i will struggle to find a relationship with someone 20-26 ( my prefrence )"

I'd maybe move the goal posts a little with your age preference if using dating sites. It may help you find that diamon in the rough.

"All very good advice thank you but as im getting older the longer im single i will struggle to find a relationship with someone 20-26 ( my prefrence )

I'd maybe move the goal posts a little with your age preference if using dating sites. It may help you find that diamon in the rough."

Im pretty set on my age prefrence as thats why its a prefrence lol. I dont use dateing sites too many liers and women dont seem to be interested in getting to know a decent guy as they are a lot judgemental on looks so its meeting in the real world for me when it is allowed.

To the lady who said this is the wrong site if you scroll up you will see i have said im not here for dateing its just to plug the gap in the sex i am missing out on as i havent a girlfriend.

By *oxy lady40Woman  over a year ago

bridgwater

"All very good advice thank you but as im getting older the longer im single i will struggle to find a relationship with someone 20-26 ( my prefrence )

I'd maybe move the goal posts a little with your age preference if using dating sites. It may help you find that diamon in the rough.

Im pretty set on my age prefrence as thats why its a prefrence lol. I dont use dateing sites too many liers and women dont seem to be interested in getting to know a decent guy as they are a lot judgemental on looks so its meeting in the real world for me when it is allowed.

To the lady who said this is the wrong site if you scroll up you will see i have said im not here for dateing its just to plug the gap in the sex i am missing out on as i havent a girlfriend."

your opening message says you are actively looking for a girlfriend and now it just sex that why I said maybe it the wrong site

To the lady who said this is the wrong site if you scroll up you will see i have said im not here for dateing its just to plug the gap in the sex i am missing out on as i havent a girlfriend."

Then all I can say is good luck dude.

Maybe take the point that we’re all in and reavulate what you’re looking for in a partner, someone quiet, easy going, loud, traditional, liberal, free spirit, conservative, easy going. Don’t take it seriously, just have fun and eventually find what you’re looking for.

By *heonixRaven 777Woman  over a year ago

Guildford

That is perhaps the issue, I feel that is a fantasy, while we all have our preferences on what we like. Finding someone who will love us for the person we are comes in all forms and shapes.

While we can all have high expectations, limiting your field to such a small window is as you are finding not going to lead you to happiness.

Good luck with that attitude - sounds like you think women are disposable.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

So you’re looking for a girlfriend, but not a girlfriend?!? I don’t think it’s clear what you’re looking for OP. Nobody can meet. It’s crap. But that’s been life for the whole year for everybody. Best thing you can do is make sure you’re the best version of yourself and you’re marketing yourself well online in order to make some connections to meet up in the future.

To the lady who said this is the wrong site if you scroll up you will see i have said im not here for dateing its just to plug the gap in the sex i am missing out on as i havent a girlfriend.

Good luck with that attitude - sounds like you think women are disposable. "

What a load of rubbish. I have never once said i think women are disposable all i said was my prefrence on age which we all have and entitled too.

It doesn't sound like you want any advice OP it appears you just want to moan and call women judgemental and liars because they don't fancy you

By *ukeM8519Man  over a year ago

Sligo

As a similar age around 35 as a single person here are my thoughts for myself.

1. Don’t get into a relationship because everyone else is at your age. You are more focused on been equal like your friends, people at work rather than the relationship. Like when you were 18, you wanted your own car to drive because everyone else had one. Etc.

2. Be happy with yourself, love will happen if it’s ment to be. Don’t go desperately looking for it like your next car.

3. Don’t come across like your a failure just because your single. Everyone has their own path in life, follow your own road, dont take the road of life others think you should be on.

4. If you like someone, ask can they add value to your life, or can you add value to theirs. Don’t jump in and think ok I have a girlfriend now I’m equal the big search is over.

5. Don’t see yourself as single like you are missing something. Think of the positives. More time to yourself, more money, have to answer to nobody, stay in, stay out, be fat, be thin, eat the cake, go clubbing, stay in all weekend by yourself, whatever!

6. I know you may feel like time is running out, like the big 40 is approaching, but when you get to 40 it will be something else. Live your life today, not in the past or in the future. So many people who were full of life this time last year are long dead and buried.

5. Don’t focus on people who have gone, ex partners, missed opportunities. I see girls who at 21 I thought they were the one, now older like myself and glad it didn’t work out because I wouldn’t fit into the life they have now, married, kids, mortgage. Glad I’m single.

OP. Take a few minutes to read through this post, and all your comments. Take a fresh look at your profile, text and pics. Take a deep breath.

If you were a 20-26yr old woman, confident enough to be on a swingers site, what would make you interested in the person you're viewing?

Good place to start if you actually want advice.

Pete

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

With the benefit of age, my advice is listen to LukeM’s advice.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

It’s not easy being single sometimes. Even with two children and lots of different friends.

Mate, your 35, not much ‘life’ has passed you by, you’ve got another 50 years minimum hopefully. Just get out there, enjoy, meet friends, go on holiday, do stuff you’ve always wanted to do. The only guaranteed thing is you won’t meet anyone unless you do. Whoever you’re meant to be with will turn up when she’s ready too.

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

There’s been plenty of good advice in this thread so I’m not going to rehash that.

I want to address two things:

1. You talk as if what you’re “missing out on” from a relationship is sex, as if you think all you need is a girlfriend and then you’ll have all the sex you want. That doesn’t automatically follow, just look at all the people who are on here because of sexless relationships.

2. You want a much younger woman but all you say is because it’s your “preference”. You need to examine why it’s your preference. Is it because you’re only sexually attracted to women of 20-26? Attraction is necessary for a relationship, but it can’t be the only basis. Why do you want a partner of up to 15 years younger than you, who hasn’t had time to live her own life yet and may have nothing in common with you?

What do you have to offer such a young woman to make up for the things that she’d be missing out on by being in a monogamous relationship so young? A relationship is a two-way street.

I’d never advise a 20-year-old woman to get into a serious, “forever” relationship, especially not with a much older man. She’s still growing, finding out who she is and what she wants from life. She’ll change a lot and even if you get on well to start with, you’re likely to grow apart. She may well start to resent you for the things she can’t do that her peers and friends are doing. You may find that you can’t keep up with her sexually. There’s more to consider than “I want a hot young girlfriend to give me lots of sex”.

Oh, and if you’re hoping to meet said 20-26 year-old woman by going out to bars etc instead of via the internet, bear in mind that if you approach very young women when they’re out with their friends, it may not go down well and might make them view you as a “creepy old man” (not saying you are, just saying how young women may perceive it).

"There’s been plenty of good advice in this thread so I’m not going to rehash that.

I want to address two things:

1. You talk as if what you’re “missing out on” from a relationship is sex, as if you think all you need is a girlfriend and then you’ll have all the sex you want. That doesn’t automatically follow, just look at all the people who are on here because of sexless relationships.

2. You want a much younger woman but all you say is because it’s your “preference”. You need to examine why it’s your preference. Is it because you’re only sexually attracted to women of 20-26? Attraction is necessary for a relationship, but it can’t be the only basis. Why do you want a partner of up to 15 years younger than you, who hasn’t had time to live her own life yet and may have nothing in common with you?

What do you have to offer such a young woman to make up for the things that she’d be missing out on by being in a monogamous relationship so young? A relationship is a two-way street.

I’d never advise a 20-year-old woman to get into a serious, “forever” relationship, especially not with a much older man. She’s still growing, finding out who she is and what she wants from life. She’ll change a lot and even if you get on well to start with, you’re likely to grow apart. She may well start to resent you for the things she can’t do that her peers and friends are doing. You may find that you can’t keep up with her sexually. There’s more to consider than “I want a hot young girlfriend to give me lots of sex”.

Oh, and if you’re hoping to meet said 20-26 year-old woman by going out to bars etc instead of via the internet, bear in mind that if you approach very young women when they’re out with their friends, it may not go down well and might make them view you as a “creepy old man” (not saying you are, just saying how young women may perceive it)."

Thank you for the advice and your opinions. I do understand what you are saying but again we all have prefrence and im not a " much older man" as you put it at 34 and as for approaching women in bars thats what people do and i would be polite and tactful as i expect most would when approaching a potential suiter. I do take your point tho as nowadays idiots have made everyone weary of strangers but i look younger than my age so wouldnt be seen as a "creepy older guy" as you put it tho i know you said you didnt mean it nasty so no offence was taken lol. Many thanks.

Good luck with that attitude - sounds like you think women are disposable.

What a load of rubbish. I have never once said i think women are disposable all i said was my prefrence on age which we all have and entitled too."

No you said “ it’s just to plug the gap in the sex I am missing out on as I haven’t a girlfriend”. Basically you just want a free prostitute then?

Bexley

"... Basically you just want a free prostitute then?"

Hence my earlier advice to the OP.

However, I made it clear that there is normally a cost involved, even if it means paying for the 'party' ticket or club admission!

Supply and demand dictate the terms, with demand way exceeding supply, on here being no different!

» Add a new message to this topic