FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Penny jars

Penny jars

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Do you have a penny jar, ive got a quality street jar and its 3/4s full and ive been putting pound coins in as well. I always take it to asda at christmas and get it changed. Think im going to be rich this year lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

It's compulsory for everyone to have a quality street jar

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

yep, had two of them until 2 1/2 weeks ago now we've got 3, damed difficdult to make sure they get the same amount in each. We also keep 50p's when possible, now they really do mount up!

"yep, had two of them until 2 1/2 weeks ago now we've got 3, damed difficdult to make sure they get the same amount in each. We also keep 50p's when possible, now they really do mount up!"

oh have you got a new grandbaby?

I just empty all the change out my purse into mine

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I empty all my spare change apart from £1, 50p and 20p in a smallish jar, fill it up and take it to Coin Star. I got £17 off my shopping once.

By *atboxWoman  over a year ago

burton

mmmm xmas at yours

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's compulsory for everyone to have a quality street jar"

It's the non-drinkers Bells whisky bottle y'know...

other malts are available

Wolf

I have a jar for small change and one for 20p s

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

yep I know it's difficult to believe but we have 3 of them now

"yep I know it's difficult to believe but we have 3 of them now "

awwwwwwwww bless

Mine is a 6 litre smirnoff bottle from when I run a pub there's usually just over £100 when I change it up

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

i took mine to Asda, there was £126 they took £12.60 commission, apparently there is one in my bank thats free, ill go there the next time!!!

"Do you have a penny jar, ive got a quality street jar and its 3/4s full and ive been putting pound coins in as well. I always take it to asda at christmas and get it changed. Think im going to be rich this year lol"

NOOOOOOO...!!!

Coin change machines take a commission...

When you are ready, nip into your bank and get some coin cash bags... Then take the bagged cash in and deposit it into your account....;-)

You can always withdraw the amount at the same time...

Experienced small change collector at your service peeps...

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Mine is a tupperware thing.. I do try and put in 50p's and £1 but usually get fished out if I don't have any money and I need something from the shop...

"Do you have a penny jar, ive got a quality street jar and its 3/4s full and ive been putting pound coins in as well. I always take it to asda at christmas and get it changed. Think im going to be rich this year lol

NOOOOOOO...!!!

Coin change machines take a commission...

When you are ready, nip into your bank and get some coin cash bags... Then take the bagged cash in and deposit it into your account....;-)

You can always withdraw the amount at the same time...

Experienced small change collector at your service peeps...

"

6p in the pound they take and it goes to charity, id sooner that than fart about counting it all out like i used to. God bless change machines i say

I like having a big coin in my slot!

one whisky bottle for small change and another whisky bottle for one pound and 2 pound coins

I save mine in a pot and give it to the Rotary Club when Santa comes a knocking on his Christmas sledge. The money is usually for the local hospice or MacMillans... so its a good worthy cause

"I save mine in a pot and give it to the Rotary Club when Santa comes a knocking on his Christmas sledge. The money is usually for the local hospice or MacMillans... so its a good worthy cause"

Thats sweet, i just empty my cupboards and give them all my tinned food lol

Rainy day jar plus I save my family allowance all year that goes towards uniform etc and xmas x

By *ll of a QuiverCouple  over a year ago

Douglas

"

It's the non-drinkers Bells whisky bottle y'know...

other malts are available

Wolf

"

Lol, still got a Bell's whisky bottle. Had it for about 20yrs now.

I dont actually have one, however my mum used to have a massive Vodka bottle and that would only be filled up using silver. I do kinda collect £2 coins though and they are just in a large cake box ready for crimbo

Am I really boring as I try and pay for everything in change so I don't have to take money out the bank if I need to, therefore earning more interest? I've never seen the point in keeping change at home when it could be making money in the bank!

My only exception is coppers in my church Christmas collection thing but that only gets a couple of quid a year that way!

"I dont actually have one, however my mum used to have a massive Vodka bottle and that would only be filled up using silver. I do kinda collect £2 coins though and they are just in a large cake box ready for crimbo"

Oh its great especially for the little ones helps with their counting skills too and my daughter used to love going to the shops and counting out her pennies x

"I dont actually have one, however my mum used to have a massive Vodka bottle and that would only be filled up using silver. I do kinda collect £2 coins though and they are just in a large cake box ready for crimbo

Oh its great especially for the little ones helps with their counting skills too and my daughter used to love going to the shops and counting out her pennies x "

Ambers got a piggy bank sadly it doesn't have a bung underneath it so its only used as an ornament.. couldn't bring myself to smash something that cost me £10 and looks so pretty lol

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

We put all our change in a plastic container and then change it up to use either at Christmas or ifwe go on holiday.

Amazing how quick it can add up

Jar, no, but we have a dish thing that we use. Constantly amazed when we take it to the machine inthe market and get 30 quid.

i have a 6L wine bottle here, all my 1's 2's 5's and sometimes 10p's go in that and a tin for £2 coins. just back from a fabby holiday and want to go on another one, so they are both being fed regularly at the moment

By *ouple4funnewCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

"Do you have a penny jar, ive got a quality street jar and its 3/4s full and ive been putting pound coins in as well. I always take it to asda at christmas and get it changed. Think im going to be rich this year lol"

riveting stuff indeed

" 6p in the pound they take and it goes to charity, id sooner that than fart about counting it all out like i used to. God bless change machines i say"

Charity...?!?

I always thought it went to the "Save the Wallmart Shareholders"

*change machines from now on...;-)*

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I have a waste paper bin that I keep my loose change in, the last time I weighed it in I had £760 that paid for my bathroom tiles.

Time before that it paid for two weeks in Kaprun.

Yes and I actually use my to pay off a debt every month, once there is about a tenner, I give it to a friend at work in exchange for a cheque as that's the only way to pay it off. It was over £500 and is now just under £200 mostly thanks to my penny jar

By *njamesMan  over a year ago

Swindon

I have 7 different tins and forever chucking loose change in, I used to chuck everything in one and it used to really annoy me counting up all the different denominations, so I went to the pound shop and got those tins they sell and now have one for each.

Just changed up the 20p tin and had £142.00 in it, that put a little smile on my face

I usually cash ours in just before xmas and put it to the xmas shop.

Wolf

"I have 7 different tins and forever chucking loose change in, I used to chuck everything in one and it used to really annoy me counting up all the different denominations, so I went to the pound shop and got those tins they sell and now have one for each.

Just changed up the 20p tin and had £142.00 in it, that put a little smile on my face "

My daughter bought me one of those that counts it as you put it in so I always know how much is in it. The friend at work uses Nat West (I think) who have a machine to pay in coins so I don't have to count it when I take my money to work

Swindon

"I have 7 different tins and forever chucking loose change in, I used to chuck everything in one and it used to really annoy me counting up all the different denominations, so I went to the pound shop and got those tins they sell and now have one for each.

Just changed up the 20p tin and had £142.00 in it, that put a little smile on my face

My daughter bought me one of those that counts it as you put it in so I always know how much is in it. The friend at work uses Nat West (I think) who have a machine to pay in coins so I don't have to count it when I take my money to work "

check you out with the clever counting machine, puts all us others to shame

My daughter bought me one of those that counts it as you put it in so I always know how much is in it. The friend at work uses Nat West (I think) who have a machine to pay in coins so I don't have to count it when I take my money to work

check you out with the clever counting machine, puts all us others to shame "

all mine are in a ceramic vw campervan

i'll never save up enough pennies to have a real one, but there's enough to get into a car show and stroke other peoples

Nope dont own one.....

Swindon

check you out with the clever counting machine, puts all us others to shame

"

Might have to save up the change to buy myself one of those " counting machines " bring myself into the 21st century

Swindon

"Nope dont own one..... "

Some people just don't know what they are missing out on.....

"Nope dont own one.....

Some people just don't know what they are missing out on....."

Think i will survive...

Swindon

"Nope dont own one.....

Some people just don't know what they are missing out on.....

Think i will survive... "

Let's hope so

» Add a new message to this topic