FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Vegan bacon

Vegan bacon

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's not very nice.

Neither is vegan cheese.

I wonder if they will ever be able to make something that actually tastes really nice out of soy protein?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you tried Quornish pasties ?

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Yeah the bacon and cheese are shite. I've had some cracking vegan steak, sausages and burgers though!

"Yeah the bacon and cheese are shite. I've had some cracking vegan steak, sausages and burgers though!"

Some of the sausages I had were the Wurst.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Vegan Chicken at Subway

Oh i love the 'its not bacon' with ketchup, naturli +sliced bread ... But then again i hate the animal version... So not surprising maybe!

"It's not very nice.

Neither is vegan cheese.

I wonder if they will ever be able to make something that actually tastes really nice out of soy protein? "

Which one did you try?

Think I’ll take my puns elsewhere.

Liverpool

"Yeah the bacon and cheese are shite. I've had some cracking vegan steak, sausages and burgers though!

Some of the sausages I had were the Wurst."

The wicked chorizo style sausages are go good!

Liverpool

"Vegan Chicken at Subway "

I haven't tried that yet but the vegan meatball sub is great!

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

All that campaigning against GM soya yet people will eat soya that's been modified to look like & taste like what it's not. Full of any old shite & deficient in lots of vital vitamins so you have to take supplements to stay healthy. Get a grip on yourselves & just enjoy the real thing.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Yeah the bacon and cheese are shite. I've had some cracking vegan steak, sausages and burgers though!

Some of the sausages I had were the Wurst."

+

Like that joke

Liverpool

"All that campaigning against GM soya yet people will eat soya that's been modified to look like & taste like what it's not. Full of any old shite & deficient in lots of vital vitamins so you have to take supplements to stay healthy. Get a grip on yourselves & just enjoy the real thing. "

No

By *aver999Couple  over a year ago

East Mids

"Think I’ll take my puns elsewhere."
buns surely with that pic

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Some of the sausages I had were the Wurst.

The wicked chorizo style sausages are go good! "

I love those ones. I take the skin off and turn them into meatballs too. Always short date reduced in our tesco for some reason.

By *an_LexaCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

Have you tried the vivera bacon pieces? I know it’s not sandwich kind of thing but great for pancakes or in pasta, risotto, gnocchi that sort of thing.

And I know it’s expensive but nettle companies white cheese made with macadamia nuts comes in a jar of oil with rosemary and black peppercorns is the best thing ever

Liverpool

"Have you tried the vivera bacon pieces? I know it’s not sandwich kind of thing but great for pancakes or in pasta, risotto, gnocchi that sort of thing.

And I know it’s expensive but nettle companies white cheese made with macadamia nuts comes in a jar of oil with rosemary and black peppercorns is the best thing ever "

I like the vivera steaks so I might give these a go!

Yeah in the first lock down the on,y thing that was left in our Tesco was veggie stuff. Loved it! X

Why try and make it taste like meat when meat is something vegans and veggies don't eat???

"Why try and make it taste like meat when meat is something vegans and veggies don't eat??? "

Or call it bacon, chicken or steak? Its not!

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Tried vegan burgers the other day. Meat eater but perfectly happy not to eat meat. They were on offer so I thought I'd save a bit on buying quarter pounders. What a mistake, just kind of tasted like burnt beetroot.

"Why try and make it taste like meat when meat is something vegans and veggies don't eat??? "

I am vegan because the farming/dairy/fishing industries are destroying environments all over the planet, not because I don't like the taste of bacon

By *areasRockinghorsepooWoman  over a year ago

my happy place

Have you tried Richmond meat free sausages? They are lovely.

Agree with this. I saw a 'Vegetarian Duck' joint once in Sainsburys...Um it's not Duck lol.

Beyond Burgers. I've cooked them for friends and family and everyone so far has preferred them to real meat. You have to cook them in the oven though, they're not as nice pan fried.

"Have you tried Quornish pasties ? "

No. I have tried a vegan pasty from Warrens bakery. That was quite nice. but was more just veg & pastry, didn't have any meat replacement.

I quite like quorn, so that may not be too bad a meal!

"It's not very nice.

Neither is vegan cheese.

I wonder if they will ever be able to make something that actually tastes really nice out of soy protein?

Which one did you try? "

I tried the Quorn bacon style slices.

Texture isn't great and the flavour is lacking.

As for vegan cheese. I have tried every brand available as I did a month vegan just to see if I could do it.

"Have you tried Quornish pasties ?

No. I have tried a vegan pasty from Warrens bakery. That was quite nice. but was more just veg & pastry, didn't have any meat replacement.

I quite like quorn, so that may not be too bad a meal!"

We love the vegan rolls from Warrens ... 3 for the price of 2 as well

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Two words that never belong together....

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"It's not very nice.

Neither is vegan cheese.

I wonder if they will ever be able to make something that actually tastes really nice out of soy protein? "

Have u tried this is not bacon? I find it tastes like bacon looks are not best but if frys up nice an crispy even smells like bacon x

ashford

"Have you tried Richmond meat free sausages? They are lovely.

"

They are the best one I've found x

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

These plant base alternatives get close but can't quite match the original. But, if you just accept them as being something similar they aren't too bad.

The great thing about plant based foods is that you can make a lot of it at home; making some butter today and hopefully some cheese soon.

ashford

"Why try and make it taste like meat when meat is something vegans and veggies don't eat???

Agree with this. I saw a 'Vegetarian Duck' joint once in Sainsburys...Um it's not Duck lol. "

Because I loved eating meat! Love the taste! But just not the cruelty that went with it so to say veg sausage/burger/duck etc., makes it easier to know what u getting spose u could put duck that's not actually duck but tastes similar on packaging but that b bit lengthy! X

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

My ex's daughter was vegan, when she came to stay, I got to turn my hand to vegan cooking, the last thing I did was baked tofu, cubes of tofu coated in a bread crumb . I was really surprised, as a carnivore, its taste and texture was almost like chicken.

I have tried the vegan bacon and you are correct, its bloody horrible

The only tolerable vegan "bacon" I've tried is the "This Isn't" range. It looks weird but the taste and texture isn't far off what I remember (admittedly I haven't eaten meat in over 7 years). Regardless of its passing resemblance to the real thing, it is very nice.

And those Richmond vegan sausages are the absolute tits. Much nicer than others I've tried. Close second would be Sainsbury's Cumberland Shroomdogs.

"Have you tried the vivera bacon pieces? I know it’s not sandwich kind of thing but great for pancakes or in pasta, risotto, gnocchi that sort of thing.

And I know it’s expensive but nettle companies white cheese made with macadamia nuts comes in a jar of oil with rosemary and black peppercorns is the best thing ever "

Another shout out for vivera bacon pieces. Cook them until they're a bit crispy and they're great.

It's funny to see people upset about vegan food. The things people worry about!

By *an_LexaCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

Sausages M&S posh dogs are the business

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

"It's not very nice.

Neither is vegan cheese.

Have u tried this is not bacon? I find it tastes like bacon looks are not best but if frys up nice an crispy even smells like bacon x"

This, I love. Cutting meat out my diet step by step. Next to go is beef although, I only have it once per week anyway.

Midlands

"Have you tried Richmond meat free sausages? They are lovely.

They are the best one I've found x"

Linda McCartney Lincolnshire, sometimes on offer, highly recommended

And I know it’s expensive but nettle companies white cheese made with macadamia nuts comes in a jar of oil with rosemary and black peppercorns is the best thing ever

Another shout out for vivera bacon pieces. Cook them until they're a bit crispy and they're great.

It's funny to see people upset about vegan food. The things people worry about! "

Everything is a threat nowadays, Vegans, trans, women who dare to say "stop killing us"...

I eat meat, but I am trying to eat less meat nowadays for health and eco reasons so threads like this point me in the way of the tasty plant based options and I'm taking notes so thanks.

Midlands

Everything is a threat nowadays, Vegans, trans, women who dare to say "stop killing us"...

I eat meat, but I am trying to eat less meat nowadays for health and eco reasons so threads like this point me in the way of the tasty plant based options and I'm taking notes so thanks. "

Linda McCartney Mozzarella burgers, not vegan but vegetarian and come even more highly recommended

By *20cplMan  over a year ago

Manchester

This isn't Bacon is great but the Vbites comes a close second. Applewood vegan smoked cheese is tops for cheese on toast.

"It's not very nice.

Neither is vegan cheese.

I agree with you.

Found it a bit bland and tasteless.

I eat meat, but I am trying to eat less meat nowadays for health and eco reasons so threads like this point me in the way of the tasty plant based options and I'm taking notes so thanks.

Linda McCartney Mozzarella burgers, not vegan but vegetarian and come even more highly recommended "

I've always liked her sausages.

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

Vegan Bacon .... isn’t that like non alcohol free Gin

.....what’s the point!!! - lol

R xx

"These plant base alternatives get close but can't quite match the original. But, if you just accept them as being something similar they aren't too bad.

The great thing about plant based foods is that you can make a lot of it at home; making some butter today and hopefully some cheese soon."

I make butter and cottage cheese ... they're just easy lol and I'm lazy!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I try not to eat the latest meat alternatives......

I want food and food is possible without them.

I read the ingredients. Vegan cheese is potato starch and palm oil.......... there is fuck all protein in it.

CHEESE is a source of protein. That's why it's stored and we eat it. Vegan cheese is carbs n fat no protein.

Vegan Butter...... is palm oil,.......

I won't buy either.

I eat. Lentils.... legumes.... tempeh... chickpeas..... Tofu ..... Make them into all kinds of dishes.

People think that vegan substitutes are healthy , not all of them are.

"I try not to eat the latest meat alternatives......

I read the ingredients. Vegan cheese is potato starch and palm oil.......... there is fuck all protein in it.

CHEESE is a source of protein. That's why it's stored and we eat it. Vegan cheese is carbs n fat no protein.

I won't buy either.

I eat. Lentils.... legumes.... tempeh... chickpeas..... Tofu ..... Make them into all kinds of dishes.

"

The vegan cheese that I'm making is made from cashews so that'll have protein in it.

But that's a great point though, switching to a plant based diet, you need to know what's in the food and balance it so that you get what you need for a health body and life style... But, that's pretty much the same for all diets,isn't it?

ashford

I won't buy either.

"

Didnt realize that! Dont eat it myself but sure vegans b horrified if they eat vegan for ethical reasons as harvesting palm oil is so detrimental for environment x

I won't buy either.

Didnt realize that! Dont eat it myself but sure vegans b horrified if they eat vegan for ethical reasons as harvesting palm oil is so detrimental for environment x"

I make my vegan butter using coconut oil, that's not to be confused with palm oil; I won't touch the stuff because of its environmental impact.

"Vegan Bacon .... isn’t that like non alcohol free Gin

.....what’s the point!!! - lol

R xx"

Probably people like the taste of bacon but don't want to eat meat.

I won't buy either.

"

Growing soya beans isn't good for the environment either.

Being conscious of the impact you're diet is having, is important.

Veganism is a fad if we were meant to vegan/vegetarian we would been from the birth of man.

Humans are omnivores incisors at the front for cutting and molars at the sides for crushing and chewing.

I'm not saying stop being a vegan/vegetarian that's people's choice but any diet that requires you to take extra supplements is not natural.

I feel sorry for babies born to vegan parents they will have no choice in what they eat and will grow up missing the vital nutrients a mixed natural diet brings,and grow up to be burden on the health services as they won't have any immunities to illness

I won't buy either.

Didnt realize that! Dont eat it myself but sure vegans b horrified if they eat vegan for ethical reasons as harvesting palm oil is so detrimental for environment x

I make my vegan butter using coconut oil, that's not to be confused with palm oil; I won't touch the stuff because of its environmental impact."

Coconut oil is 100% fat content hope you use it in moderation

What is it made of ?

"Veganism is a fad if we were meant to vegan/vegetarian we would been from the birth of man.

Humans are omnivores incisors at the front for cutting and molars at the sides for crushing and chewing.

I'm not saying stop being a vegan/vegetarian that's people's choice but any diet that requires you to take extra supplements is not natural.

I feel sorry for babies born to vegan parents they will have no choice in what they eat and will grow up missing the vital nutrients a mixed natural diet brings,and grow up to be burden on the health services as they won't have any immunities to illness "

If I was going to make a judgemental post like this, I would have read up about the subject first to make sure I had at least a rudimentary understanding of the subject matter.

Maybe do some reading and find out about the subject. You'll be less angry and confused.

By *ucidityWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"Veganism is a fad if we were meant to vegan/vegetarian we would been from the birth of man.

I feel sorry for babies born to vegan parents they will have no choice in what they eat and will grow up missing the vital nutrients a mixed natural diet brings,and grow up to be burden on the health services as they won't have any immunities to illness "

As a vegan I take no supplements and my blood work has been fine.

The supplement industry isn’t as large as it is because of vegans, there aren’t enough of us!

Children eat the same as their parents, whatever that may be. Children can thrive on a well planned vegan diet, something any responsible parent would do.

By *ucidityWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I won't buy either.

Growing soya beans isn't good for the environment either.

Being conscious of the impact you're diet is having, is important."

I think the most conservative figure I’ve seen had shown that 80% of the worlds soy is grown to feed livestock. That’s also where the GMO soy goes.

King's Crustacean

Veganism isn't a fad. Eating meat in the quantities we do is down to modern farming methods.

Pre history you'd have been gathering berries, plants and nuts , insects in season and living off occasional 'road' kill or hunted meat.... quite rare.... People would have hunted for days before they caught anything and out of season didn't get anything. Many days they wouldn't eat.

They died in their droves and weren't tall or healthy.

As for teeth .... I'll get the rhino if you let me watch you rip through its hide with your incisors.....

King's Crustacean

I might just mention that the B12 I make sure I get as a vegan doesn't ocurr naturally in the meat you eat....... it is added as supplements.

I think you need to find out a bit more about what carnivores take for granted.

I feel sorry for babies born to vegan parents they will have no choice in what they eat and will grow up missing the vital nutrients a mixed natural diet brings,and grow up to be burden on the health services as they won't have any immunities to illness

Veganism isn't a fad. Eating meat in the quantities we do is down to modern farming methods.

Pre history you'd have been gathering berries, plants and nuts , insects in season and living off occasional 'road' kill or hunted meat.... quite rare.... People would have hunted for days before they caught anything and out of season didn't get anything. Many days they wouldn't eat.

They died in their droves and weren't tall or healthy.

As for teeth .... I'll get the rhino if you let me watch you rip through its hide with your incisors..... "

Hubby and I hunt some people prefer their own choices. Vegans be vegans if you wish. I prefer direct source.

Messaged and blocked fair if a bit childish thanks I'm fine I have a very varied diet thanks for asking vegetarian and meat based. As for looking pale and insipid I have crohns disease I take extra supplements as my gut does not absorb nutrients properly I am short on iron, my diet includes foods to help with this but as I said I can't absorb nutrients as well as I'd like so fuck you regarding that.

I'll try and avoid you to vegans and vegetarians can be just as narrow minded thanks very much

I presume you can't read this I'm blocked so hopefully someone may copy and paste so you can

Thanks for reading

"Messaged and blocked fair if a bit childish thanks I'm fine I have a very varied diet thanks for asking vegetarian and meat based. As for looking pale and insipid I have crohns disease I take extra supplements as my gut does not absorb nutrients properly I am short on iron, my diet includes foods to help with this but as I said I can't absorb nutrients as well as I'd like so fuck you regarding that.

I'll try and avoid you to vegans and vegetarians can be just as narrow minded thanks very much

I presume you can't read this I'm blocked so hopefully someone may copy and paste so you can

Thanks for reading "

Getting abuse is shit. Sorry to hear that happened.

As for the vegan stuff. Your information is very outdated. And your attitude was very confrontational.

You can live your whole life on a plant based diet if you choose to. If people decide they want to do that, for whatever reason, that shouldn't upset anyone.

"Messaged and blocked fair if a bit childish thanks I'm fine I have a very varied diet thanks for asking vegetarian and meat based. As for looking pale and insipid I have crohns disease I take extra supplements as my gut does not absorb nutrients properly I am short on iron, my diet includes foods to help with this but as I said I can't absorb nutrients as well as I'd like so fuck you regarding that.

Thanks for reading

Getting abuse is shit. Sorry to hear that happened.

As for the vegan stuff. Your information is very outdated. And your attitude was very confrontational.

You can live your whole life on a plant based diet if you choose to. If people decide they want to do that, for whatever reason, that shouldn't upset anyone."

King's Crustacean

No you shouldn't have got abuse for your understanding of diets.

Some people seem to feel the need to message negative stuff. They hide it from others..

ashford

No it's not a fad it's a life choice! And the only supplement I've ever taken is at the moment vitamin d as its said to help defend against covid weather true or not i don't know but can do no harm ! X

Some things are just best left alone

Liverpool

Very little of what we eat as westerners is "natural". Bread isn't natural for starters. Eating dairy past weaning isn't natural.

I couldn't give a shit about anyone else's lifestyle choices tbh, I'm just here to talk about Beyond Burgers and get some veggie bacon recommendations

"I couldn't give a shit about anyone else's lifestyle choices tbh, I'm just here to talk about Beyond Burgers and get some veggie bacon recommendations "

Ok I have to admit beyond burgers is the tastiest vegan food.

"I couldn't give a shit about anyone else's lifestyle choices tbh, I'm just here to talk about Beyond Burgers and get some veggie bacon recommendations

Ok I have to admit beyond burgers is the tastiest vegan food."

I have made them at multiple BBQs and every time my meat-eating friends/family went "whoa, this is better than the meat option!".

Either Beyond is really fucking good or nobody in my circle knows how to cook meat lol

By *reemyspiritawakenmysoulWoman  over a year ago

coventry

Vegan pastrami from Sainsbury's and other outlets gawgus in a Reuben toasted sandwiches if you haven't already heard about Reubens Google them awesome food one is not enough two is pushing it lol

Have to work it off then in bedroom or the kitchen table !

"Think I’ll take my puns elsewhere."

I'd give you one for effort

"Vegan pastrami from Sainsbury's and other outlets gawgus in a Reuben toasted sandwiches if you haven't already heard about Reubens Google them awesome food one is not enough two is pushing it lol

Have to work it off then in bedroom or the kitchen table ! "

Reubens are freaking awesome. My fatass loves em.

The carrot bacon recipe was alright a friend made it.

Vegan friendly sausage here

Quorn mince is not that bad

Also like Iceland veggie burgers seem to be a fav over other shops

"This isn't Bacon is great but the Vbites comes a close second. Applewood vegan smoked cheese is tops for cheese on toast. "

Yep! Appleford smoked is goooood

East Mids

"It's not very nice.

Neither is vegan cheese.

Tofu - oh hang on its the marinade that gives it a flavour

East Mids

"This isn't Bacon is great but the Vbites comes a close second. Applewood vegan smoked cheese is tops for cheese on toast.

Yep! Appleford smoked is goooood"

With all these ingredients in it I'd rather just eat the cheese and be done with it!

Water, Coconut Oil, Potato Starch, Modified Maize Starch, Yeast Extract, Reduced Sodium Sea Salt, Natural Flavouring, Thickener (Carrageenan), Calcium Phosphate, Smoke Flavouring, Calcium Chloride, Colour (Carotenes), Paprika, Vitamin B12

"This isn't Bacon is great but the Vbites comes a close second. Applewood vegan smoked cheese is tops for cheese on toast.

With all these ingredients in it I'd rather just eat the cheese and be done with it!

Water, Coconut Oil, Potato Starch, Modified Maize Starch, Yeast Extract, Reduced Sodium Sea Salt, Natural Flavouring, Thickener (Carrageenan), Calcium Phosphate, Smoke Flavouring, Calcium Chloride, Colour (Carotenes), Paprika, Vitamin B12"

I don't get what the problem is? Most of those are ingredients a lot of us use regularly and the others aren't particularly harmful.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Water, Coconut Oil, Potato Starch, Modified Maize Starch, Yeast Extract, Reduced Sodium Sea Salt, Natural Flavouring, Thickener (Carrageenan), Calcium Phosphate, Smoke Flavouring, Calcium Chloride, Colour (Carotenes), Paprika, Vitamin B12"

So it contains water, plant nut, carbs, carbs, yeast, salt, flavouring, thickener from seawe*ed, a source of calcium for your bones, smoky-ness, a different salt, colour from plant dye, a natural spice, a vitamin we all need.

Nothing too scary? Much less scary than, say, one of those microwave burgers

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"All that campaigning against GM soya yet people will eat soya that's been modified to look like & taste like what it's not. Full of any old shite & deficient in lots of vital vitamins so you have to take supplements to stay healthy. Get a grip on yourselves & just enjoy the real thing. "

Ridiculous comment and such a sad miserable, negative, outlook on life and other people's lives and believes.

What if someone told you to get a grip of yourself and stop dressing like a woman, I'm guessing you'd be properly offended and rightly so ?

There's enough crap going on in the world without slagging other people off, try being more understanding and you never know you might be a happier person.

East Mids

Water, Coconut Oil, Potato Starch, Modified Maize Starch, Yeast Extract, Reduced Sodium Sea Salt, Natural Flavouring, Thickener (Carrageenan), Calcium Phosphate, Smoke Flavouring, Calcium Chloride, Colour (Carotenes), Paprika, Vitamin B12

I don't get what the problem is? Most of those are ingredients a lot of us use regularly and the others aren't particularly harmful. "

There's no problem, eat what you want I just said I would rather eat the real cheese. Having a serious food allergy we have always read the ingredient list. Nowadays its all about food provenance and simple production, but it seems at odds that some of the meat and dairy free alternatives have extreme processing and ingredients list to make it taste the same. It may be good for the animals but certainly isn't for the planet.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Have you thought of what they actually put in these products to make them taste good?

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"Have you thought of what they actually put in these products to make them taste good?

"

And as for the waste product that comes out of the Quorn factory, it's the most vile thing I have ever smelt.

By *atcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

If bacon is supposed to be bad for you, why does it taste so lovely? MMMmmmm

Liverpool

"All that campaigning against GM soya yet people will eat soya that's been modified to look like & taste like what it's not. Full of any old shite & deficient in lots of vital vitamins so you have to take supplements to stay healthy. Get a grip on yourselves & just enjoy the real thing.

Ridiculous comment and such a sad miserable, negative, outlook on life and other people's lives and believes.

What if someone told you to get a grip of yourself and stop dressing like a woman, I'm guessing you'd be properly offended and rightly so ?

There's enough crap going on in the world without slagging other people off, try being more understanding and you never know you might be a happier person.

"

People seem to have the attitude that you're being pretentious if you order non-dairy milk at a coffee shop too. Nah I just don't want to spend half an hour evacuating my entire digestive system in the toilets thanks .

Quorn "chicken" nuggets taste more like nuggets than mcnuggets! Stick them in a cardboard box and the kids don't know the difference! N xx

Using the name / description of something that you are trying to get people to try an alternative to surely is counter productive.

Mention bacon and you think of a pork product, you want bacon. Market the alternative as its own thing not a substitute for.

I've tried vegan ice cream and it was really good,I'd eat it again

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"All that campaigning against GM soya yet people will eat soya that's been modified to look like & taste like what it's not. Full of any old shite & deficient in lots of vital vitamins so you have to take supplements to stay healthy. Get a grip on yourselves & just enjoy the real thing.

People seem to have the attitude that you're being pretentious if you order non-dairy milk at a coffee shop too. Nah I just don't want to spend half an hour evacuating my entire digestive system in the toilets thanks . "

^^^This

Solihull

"Quorn "chicken" nuggets taste more like nuggets than mcnuggets! Stick them in a cardboard box and the kids don't know the difference! N xx"

I like experimenting with different foods and quite often try vegetarian alternatives, it's quite funny at maccy d's because you can see them think oh ffs as they have to do it fresh.

They did a spicy one and that was nice.

Kids are funny, they can like a food and then a mate says uuurggh that's horrible and instantly they don't like it

Solihull

"It's not very nice.

Neither is vegan cheese.

Unlike some of the processed real cheese slices that can taste like a wet limp lettuce ?

This might give you some ideas of the good ones to try and bad ones to avoid

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/review/best-vegan-cheese

ashford

"Have you thought of what they actually put in these products to make them taste good?

"

Hopefully not dead animals! Other than that I'm fine about anything else! x

By *ohnywrongunMan  over a year ago

Epping

"It's not very nice.

Neither is vegan cheese.

I saw someone make bacon from banana skins ,added spices to the banana skins and fried and then made a BLT,looked yummy

By *arlingslutCouple  over a year ago

Devon

Because most vegans used to be omni and just because we don’t agree with eating something that was murdered for our pleasure doesn’t mean that we don’t miss the taste. Vegan alternatives to meat are getting much better. All the great taste and none of the cruelty.

ashford

"Because most vegans used to be omni and just because we don’t agree with eating something that was murdered for our pleasure doesn’t mean that we don’t miss the taste. Vegan alternatives to meat are getting much better. All the great taste and none of the cruelty."

Exactly this!! X

"It's not very nice.

Neither is vegan cheese.

I wonder if they will ever be able to make something that actually tastes really nice out of soy protein? I saw someone make bacon from banana skins ,added spices to the banana skins and fried and then made a BLT,looked yummy "

Correct about the cheese, it's not quite there yet is it...read somewhere that there's a type of sea that tastes like bacon.

» Add a new message to this topic