FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Any Mechanics can help

Any Mechanics can help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hubaysi OP   Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

My friend has a 65 reg Skoda Octavia 1.6 engine and is having an issue whereby first thing on a morning it’s taking ages to start like a loud ticking noise for about 30 seconds then he tries to start it again and the same thing happens, taking about 5 attempts to start then it starts and white smoke comes out of the exhaust for a few seconds then it runs ok the rest of the day. He has been to 3 different garages and they put it on the machine and it shows no fault, it’s had a new alternator, a new battery, new lubes, a service and even left it overnight with one garage and getting told still no fault even though the Mechanic witnessed the fault on start up. I know cars are tricky machines but can any Mechanics recognise this problem?

Any advice appreciated please, or you can pm me privately.

Thank you

Bhubaysi xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *urham 3 riversMan  over a year ago

Co. Durham

if it has a turbo fitted get it checked

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"My friend has a 65 reg Skoda Octavia 1.6 engine and is having an issue whereby first thing on a morning it’s taking ages to start like a loud ticking noise for about 30 seconds then he tries to start it again and the same thing happens, taking about 5 attempts to start then it starts and white smoke comes out of the exhaust for a few seconds then it runs ok the rest of the day. He has been to 3 different garages and they put it on the machine and it shows no fault, it’s had a new alternator, a new battery, new lubes, a service and even left it overnight with one garage and getting told still no fault even though the Mechanic witnessed the fault on start up. I know cars are tricky machines but can any Mechanics recognise this problem?

Any advice appreciated please, or you can pm me privately.

Thank you

Bhubaysi xx "

Can you pm me and we can get more detail and what sort of “clicking” sound it is etc... be happy to help if I can!

» Add a new message to this topic