FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sleep anxiety

Sleep anxiety

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone else get this?

It's as if no matter how exhausted I am, the moment I get into bed I just avoid going to sleep at any cost. It's not that I can't sleep, it's more like I can't bring myself to; like I'm anxious about going to sleep or something.

Does anyone else ever experience this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heMightySpud69Man  over a year ago

Milton keynes

Don't recall quite experiencing the exact same way. Could it be some kind of FOMO thing?

By *678Man  over a year ago

Surrey

I suffer with PTSD and anxiety led insomnia.

Currently one of the lucky ones with a medical cannabis prescription to quell my issues sleeping

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/03/21 00:40:30]

Surrey

[Removed by poster at 28/03/21 00:40:21]

"Does anyone else get this?

It's as if no matter how exhausted I am, the moment I get into bed I just avoid going to sleep at any cost. It's not that I can't sleep, it's more like I can't bring myself to; like I'm anxious about going to sleep or something.

Does anyone else ever experience this? "

i’m a bit like this just now and putting it down to lockdown - i can be seconds away from sleeping (or have lots of accidental naps) on the couch, but because i know it wont be a good sleep i will move to bed and then i am wide awake

sleep sounds on alexa used to work for me but less so recently, now ive been trying a podcast or audio book where the voice is quite mellow and relaxing yo have on in the background and hopefully fall asleep without trying

Surrey

Does anyone else ever experience this?

When anxiety kicks in for me before sleep I listen to meditation, specifically rain n thunder sounds "

Just makes me wish I was on holiday again

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

Could I suggest its sometimes down to the fact your brain starts up and processes stuff at night, when its been too busy to deal with during the day. So starting to rest / sleep can feel uncomfortable as a result.

Lack of sleep can be pretty debilitating imho. There's lots of sleep resources out there OP. With some help you should sleep more peacefully and feel better for it.

Good luck.

When anxiety kicks in for me before sleep I listen to meditation, specifically rain n thunder sounds

https://youtu.be/nDq6TstdEi8

I'm experiencing this and put it down to the fact I'm facing an operation soon that will change me forever and I'm so stressed about it, I can't switch off. I sleep when I should be awake and vice versa. It's rubbish

By *he SurveyorMan  over a year ago

Bury

Costco Sleep Aid.

» Add a new message to this topic