FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Watermarking puctures

Watermarking puctures

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are you allowed to watermark or put your fabname across your pictures so they cant be stolen or reused?

Would you feel a picture is more genuine if marked as such?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I am sure it's allowed as I have seen a fair few watermarked.

I think people do it to stop their pictures being stolen.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"I am sure it's allowed as I have seen a fair few watermarked.

I think people do it to stop their pictures being stolen."

To us it doesn't make them any more genuine.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I assume so, as I do it myself

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i mark mine out of preference.. so on the regular occasions they get stolen and used for fake profiles on here, i can demonstrate to admin they're fakes, and plead for their removal.

doesn't stop my photos/videos being taken and uploaded to the hub or other notorious sites

Px

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I don't do it to be viewed as genuine - I do it in case someone wants to steal my pictures

I do it as I've had photos stolen (by men )

It does say in T+C watermarks are not accepted tho i think.. I've had issues loading mine previously

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I don't think watermarking stops pics being used on other sites - I've even seen some elsewhere that state 'Fabswingers' as part of the watermark. I'd like to think that it deters some thieves though.

We mark all of ours with our profile name and have never had trouble on here doing so. I always assumed the rule of watermarking was for posting say, a pro pic with their own copyright watermark. I might be wrong.

C

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yes watermarking your own pics is fine

I dont think it solves the problem but makes it harder for someone to use those who do. So unless someone is sick enough to go specifically after you (congrats you need help.. or are beyond one!) Then hopefully they should shoot off somewhere without the marks and make their not productive life even easier.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Yes watermarking your own pics is fine"

It’s good to have that confirmed but can you see about getting the the rules on photos updated as it currently states:

No watermarks. Photo can't be watermarked. If your photo is watermarked either by this site or another site, it will be rejected. We can only accept original photos.

"Yes watermarking your own pics is fine

It’s good to have that confirmed but can you see about getting the the rules on photos updated as it currently states:

No watermarks. Photo can't be watermarked. If your photo is watermarked either by this site or another site, it will be rejected. We can only accept original photos."

That was quoted to me on one I was trying to upload ages ago with my profile name

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I'd definitely advise it if you are worried about it. At least you have a good case against the people using your images that it's yours and that you have the original unedited versions as proof.

By *8ddCouple  over a year ago

xxxxx

Yes we watermark ours steve sue

By *iberty RedWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I use an app to put a watermark on all my photos, don't think it'll stop them being used elsewhere but at least I can prove to admin if they're used on another fab profile that they are mine

Forum Mod

O o O oo

No watermarks. Photo can't be watermarked. If your photo is watermarked either by this site or another site, it will be rejected. We can only accept original photos."

That applies to watermarks that a site adds to a pic on uploading.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

No watermarks. Photo can't be watermarked. If your photo is watermarked either by this site or another site, it will be rejected. We can only accept original photos.

That was quoted to me on one I was trying to upload ages ago with my profile name "

A mod may have been confused as the person you quoted was. Adding your own name on top of your pic is fine and should be approved

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

That was quoted to me on one I was trying to upload ages ago with my profile name

A mod may have been confused as the person you quoted was. Adding your own name on top of your pic is fine and should be approved"

Thank you

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I don't watermark for the other reason that I don't want to link my name to my pictures incase a collector does take them, admittedly mine are more quirky than graphic so are more likely to be passed over by the wank bank collectors

A mod may have been confused as the person you quoted was. Adding your own name on top of your pic is fine and should be approved"

Thank you

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

I use watermarks to create a bit of deterrent effect for pic thieves and also make it more personal for my fab account

» Add a new message to this topic