FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > VERIFICATIONS

VERIFICATIONS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why is it that when i create a profile i have to photo verify to prove I'm real but people can create female profiles or couple profiles withoit verifications and can catfish anyone they wish?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

I'm pretty sure you don't *have* to photo verify And catfishing only works as long horny people blindly follow their genitals

LvM

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No one *has* to get verified OP. If you didn't want to, you didn't have to, though it obviously helps prove to others that you are, at least a man.

There will always be people who catfish others for a variety of reasons, and they usually get caught out. But since you aren't one of them, why waste time focusing on that? Just enjoy your time on fab.

"I'm pretty sure you don't *have* to photo verify And catfishing only works as long horny people blindly follow their genitals

LvM"

Yeah i have to. If i create a profile it asks me to photo verify. I can't move forward and use the site until i am verified

"No one *has* to get verified OP. If you didn't want to, you didn't have to, though it obviously helps prove to others that you are, at least a man.

There will always be people who catfish others for a variety of reasons, and they usually get caught out. But since you aren't one of them, why waste time focusing on that? Just enjoy your time on fab. "

No you're wrong. I've been on and off this app. Everytime I'm back and create a profile i have to verify or it doesn't let me progress

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I'm pretty sure you don't *have* to photo verify And catfishing only works as long horny people blindly follow their genitals

LvM

Yeah i have to. If i create a profile it asks me to photo verify. I can't move forward and use the site until i am verified"

Sometimes you have to do this, or if you login to an account you have t used a while you have to.. it’s a good idea to remove fake profiles

LvM

Yeah i have to. If i create a profile it asks me to photo verify. I can't move forward and use the site until i am verified"

And the problem of proving yourself real is what exactly?, I don't see an issue with it myself

LvM

Yeah i have to. If i create a profile it asks me to photo verify. I can't move forward and use the site until i am verified

Sometimes you have to do this, or if you login to an account you have t used a while you have to.. it’s a good idea to remove fake profiles"

Lets be fair everybody should be made to do it.

Will it stop all the fakes no, will it cut down on all the fake accounts who don't have decent photoshop _kills absolutely.

KJ

LvM

Sometimes you have to do this, or if you login to an account you have t used a while you have to.. it’s a good idea to remove fake profiles"

This is what I'm saying. If they did this with everyone, the amount of catfish, trolls etc would drastically reduce.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"No one *has* to get verified OP. If you didn't want to, you didn't have to, though it obviously helps prove to others that you are, at least a man.

There will always be people who catfish others for a variety of reasons, and they usually get caught out. But since you aren't one of them, why waste time focusing on that? Just enjoy your time on fab.

No you're wrong. I've been on and off this app. Everytime I'm back and create a profile i have to verify or it doesn't let me progress"

I believe you can be forced to photo verify as you suggest - perhaps if you regularly drop on and off the site it triggers it as part of the actions to safeguard against potential spammers.

Actually you do have to. All new profiles have to photo verified now, you can't access the site until it's done.

And OP... It's the same for women. I had to when I set up my other profile. It's equal for all genders, so relax!

No you're wrong. I've been on and off this app. Everytime I'm back and create a profile i have to verify or it doesn't let me progress

I believe you can be forced to photo verify as you suggest - perhaps if you regularly drop on and off the site it triggers it as part of the actions to safeguard against potential spammers."

No.it asked me to verify when i opened my first account. The reason i drop out is the catfish and trolls on here. Years ago it used to be great. I think the reason they don't do it is that the men to female ratio will decrease exponentially

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

"Actually you do have to. All new profiles have to photo verified now, you can't access the site until it's done.

And OP... It's the same for women. I had to when I set up my other profile. It's equal for all genders, so relax!"

Huh, the more you know

LvM

"Actually you do have to. All new profiles have to photo verified now, you can't access the site until it's done.

And OP... It's the same for women. I had to when I set up my other profile. It's equal for all genders, so relax!

Huh, the more you know

LvM "

Learning is fun

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Why is it that when i create a profile i have to photo verify to prove I'm real but people can create female profiles or couple profiles withoit verifications and can catfish anyone they wish?"

There's always a way for people to cheat any system,

Being cat fished shouldn't be a problem if people engage their brain before their genitals.

Although I'd rather fake profiles not be on here, there are usually clues and ways to catch them out.

And OP... It's the same for women. I had to when I set up my other profile. It's equal for all genders, so relax!"

Not all new profiles though. Loads of new profiles from women who aren't photo verified. After a day or 2 they are deleted because obviously people are reporting them for being catfish or phishing scams

"Why is it that when i create a profile i have to photo verify to prove I'm real but people can create female profiles or couple profiles withoit verifications and can catfish anyone they wish?

There's always a way for people to cheat any system,

Being cat fished shouldn't be a problem if people engage their brain before their genitals.

Although I'd rather fake profiles not be on here, there are usually clues and ways to catch them out."

I think i can sus them out, loads of tell tale signs but my frustration is more the sheer volume of them on here. That and these cam girls

Not all new profiles though. Loads of new profiles from women who aren't photo verified. After a day or 2 they are deleted because obviously people are reporting them for being catfish or phishing scams"

Well all I can say is, I set up a single female profile a month ago and I had to photo verify before I could join. So I don't know how that's not true for everyone. Unless I just look really sketchy lol

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Why is it that when i create a profile i have to photo verify to prove I'm real but people can create female profiles or couple profiles withoit verifications and can catfish anyone they wish?"

The same rules apply to women and couples. Anita was really annoyed at having to photo verify when she created her single profile... it's not just for blokes.

Cal

Not all new profiles though. Loads of new profiles from women who aren't photo verified. After a day or 2 they are deleted because obviously people are reporting them for being catfish or phishing scams

Well all I can say is, I set up a single female profile a month ago and I had to photo verify before I could join. So I don't know how that's not true for everyone. Unless I just look really sketchy lol"

Maybe it's an algorithm and asks people randomly?

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I believe you can be forced to photo verify as you suggest - perhaps if you regularly drop on and off the site it triggers it as part of the actions to safeguard against potential spammers.

No.it asked me to verify when i opened my first account. The reason i drop out is the catfish and trolls on here. Years ago it used to be great. I think the reason they don't do it is that the men to female ratio will decrease exponentially "

Yes it can happen randomly too which would account for the first time - either way I don't see the issue in proving you're genuine if you are genuine.

The problem I would think with making it compulsory for everyone is the admin overheads that would be involved in checking verification pics to ensure they complied - as you know the site is largely volunteer run so with potentially hundreds or thousands of new profiles every week to check each and every one would be a mammoth ask of peoples time.

Catfish and trolls are easily avoided with the application of common sense though and the latter wouldn't be ruled out by having to photo verify anyway.

I had to photo verify when i joined. Thought that was the case for everyone.

Catfishing and photo theft is an issue though. I complimented a chap once on his pics. He told me they were all off google.

By *arte_Blanche_NECouple  over a year ago

Northern

LvM

Sometimes you have to do this, or if you login to an account you have t used a while you have to.. it’s a good idea to remove fake profiles

Will it stop all the fakes no, will it cut down on all the fake accounts who don't have decent photoshop _kills absolutely.

KJ

"

We put a thread up about this on our old profile and loads twisted about it, we would use the site far more if photo verification was compulsory xx

"I had to photo verify when i joined. Thought that was the case for everyone.

Catfishing and photo theft is an issue though. I complimented a chap once on his pics. He told me they were all off google. "

At least he was honest

LvM

KJ

We put a thread up about this on our old profile and loads twisted about it, we would use the site far more if photo verification was compulsory xx"

That's the nature of these forums. People always twist what you're saying because they want to create an argument. I can post "I like lillies" and i bet there will be some people who come on and comment and twist. I was even called a woman hater and a narcissist because i said "I like no hands blow jobs"

Seriously

Ithink if you want to post on the forum you need photo veri or actual veri

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

No.it asked me to verify when i opened my first account. The reason i drop out is the catfish and trolls on here. Years ago it used to be great. I think the reason they don't do it is that the men to female ratio will decrease exponentially "

Focus on the positives on the site, rather than negatives and you’ll have a much better experience on FAB. It seems to be a default setting that it’s someone else’s fault or a reason why people aren’t successful on here.

Don’t worry about what others do and don’t. Just enjoy your experience, have red flags in place to spot fakes and then you’ll enjoy FAB for the great site it is...

K

No.it asked me to verify when i opened my first account. The reason i drop out is the catfish and trolls on here. Years ago it used to be great. I think the reason they don't do it is that the men to female ratio will decrease exponentially

Focus on the positives on the site, rather than negatives and you’ll have a much better experience on FAB. It seems to be a default setting that it’s someone else’s fault or a reason why people aren’t successful on here.

Don’t worry about what others do and don’t. Just enjoy your experience, have red flags in place to spot fakes and then you’ll enjoy FAB for the great site it is...

K"

I would love to but my experiences aren't great so far if I'm honest

I had to get photo verified to send extra messages lol, but no one sees your pic.... and at least you know peeps know your pic is real xx

LvM

KJ

We put a thread up about this on our old profile and loads twisted about it, we would use the site far more if photo verification was compulsory xx

That's the nature of these forums. People always twist what you're saying because they want to create an argument. I can post "I like lillies" and i bet there will be some people who come on and comment and twist. I was even called a woman hater and a narcissist because i said "I like no hands blow jobs"

Seriously "

I saw that thread! I’d say it was the way you said what you said that caused umbrage but at least you were very honest

LvM

KJ

Seriously

I saw that thread! I’d say it was the way you said what you said that caused umbrage but at least you were very honest "

Text has no tone so people read what they read and put their own tone to it. My thread was nothing more than humour and banter. It's the nature of people on tbe forums to twist things. Its always the same usual suspects too

By *killsMan  over a year ago

Never Never Land

I have known it with profiles being given a month before they have to verify. After that time you can’t do anything on the site until you have.

Annoying that the catfish and fakes have a month or so to waste other people’s time

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

PV is not compulsory for most users. If the site is asking you to do a PV , as soon as it is approved you will be able to use the site

We had to do verify too,wasnt an issue as we wer planning anyway but everone should be made to do it

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I wasn't asked to verify when I joined.

I did become a site supporter and verify after.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

If its a concern why don't you just only chat to photo verified women?

They only catfish the ones who are silly enough to believe that Chelsea Clinton is on fab. She messaged me last time. Bless her.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

LvM

People that have verified me know that I'm a total lunatic, does that mean anything to anybody else? I doubt it

» Add a new message to this topic