FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cryptocurrencies

Cryptocurrencies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ettaMan OP   Man  over a year ago

Kerry and Dublin

Anyone here interested/invested in cryptocurrencies at the moment?

I'm currently invested in IOTA but have done a bit of trading with other cryptos.

I would be interested to hear what projects people are watching or invested/interested in.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bear with, I just need to Google 8 things, then I will give you my informed decision based on things I’ve just this second learnt

Kerry and Dublin

"Bear with, I just need to Google 8 things, then I will give you my informed decision based on things I’ve just this second learnt "

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I don’t know about cryptocurrency but I’ve lost a pound coin before

By *ingle ex cuckMan  over a year ago

chester

Look what happened recently to Tesla

Be careful

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

$500 invested in various crypto and Bitcoin half of that. If I sold all of it I make $113 today. If I hold could lose the lot or make more.

I’m holding

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

How much are you paying to buy, sell and hold it? I've never had any. There have been occasional threads about it, the last 1 a month or so ago

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm deterred by the immense environmental cost of them.

Kerry and Dublin

"$500 invested in various crypto and Bitcoin half of that. If I sold all of it I make $113 today. If I hold could lose the lot or make more.

I’m holding "

May as well HODL

Kerry and Dublin

"I'm deterred by the immense environmental cost of them. "

Not all cryptos are equal in that regard. IOTA is more environmentally friendly than Visa and Mastercard.

I've been reading a few things which suggest that cryptocurrencies are actually more environmentally friendly than the existing monetary system.

You can’t go wrong with BTC and ETH in the long term. I’ve also invested in a lot of altcoins for the higher risk/return with various degrees of success. Some have imploded and some have doubled in value. Right now I’m invested in WING, XOR and DOT because I really like their projects but as always DYOR before deciding to put any money in them

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

HBAR AND XRP could be a decent long term investment as they are still cheap to buy

Cheshire

"HBAR AND XRP could be a decent long term investment as they are still cheap to buy "

Got XRP been going sideways for quite some time so hopefully it’ll go on a run eventually

To be honest I haven't got a clue about them but going to hang in for at least 12 months, Doubled what I've put in in HBAR over the last few months

I invested in XRP back in 2018 so I have a long wait for a break even - HODL!

Kerry and Dublin

"You can’t go wrong with BTC and ETH in the long term. I’ve also invested in a lot of altcoins for the higher risk/return with various degrees of success. Some have imploded and some have doubled in value. Right now I’m invested in WING, XOR and DOT because I really like their projects but as always DYOR before deciding to put any money in them "

I invested across a good few coins back in 2017 but got out of them during the bear market. I just want to find one project that I think will do well and invest in that.

Kerry and Dublin

"HBAR AND XRP could be a decent long term investment as they are still cheap to buy "

I got into XRP back in 2017 but I can't see what drives it's value. It seemed like all the financial institutions that were using ripple tech were using the other Ripple products and didn't need XRP.

Kerry and Dublin

"To be honest I haven't got a clue about them but going to hang in for at least 12 months, Doubled what I've put in in HBAR over the last few months"

Nice! I must look up this HBAR.

I had money in something called TBAR back in 2018, which turned out to be a scam

Kerry and Dublin

"HBAR AND XRP could be a decent long term investment as they are still cheap to buy

Got XRP been going sideways for quite some time so hopefully it’ll go on a run eventually "

There seems to be a fairly enthusiastic following.

Kerry and Dublin

"I invested in XRP back in 2018 so I have a long wait for a break even - HODL! "

Hopefully you had it mentally written off as a loss, so that anything now will be a bonus.

I made a nice bit of money doing the Korean arbitrage back in 2017/8 but I lost it all thinking I was the wolf of wall street, trying to trade

Currently using CRO to validate on their main net.

Target APY is around 20% but its been 30-80% this past week and was 120%+ at launch.

Diversified portfolio atm with ZIL being my biggest holding. Currently have some in flexible earn stakes too. Pays more interest than the bank so why not.

Majority of what I have is long term. Then some Ill hold and sell at around 20-30% gain.

By *r N Mrs BobCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Hold a few different Alt Coins.... BTC & ETH are now too expensive for normies to start stacking but lots of money to be made in the next 12months in the upcoming bull market. Biggest holdings at present are Link & BNT

Kerry and Dublin

JP Morgan with a bullish prediction on BTC = Sell! Sell! Sell!

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoins-drop-in-volatility-may-boost-appeal-make-130k-possible-jpmorgan-says-report

By *eisurepleasureMan  over a year ago

belfast

Telcoin and Ubx are my current investments

Cheshire

Check out TRX massive gains this weekend. Shame I’ve only got $50 invested. But I’ve doubled my money

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

"I'm deterred by the immense environmental cost of them.

Not all cryptos are equal in that regard. IOTA is more environmentally friendly than Visa and Mastercard.

I've been reading a few things which suggest that cryptocurrencies are actually more environmentally friendly than the existing monetary system."

The current economic system is destroying the planet, so encouraging energy heavy cryptocurrency seems like a poor use of resources.

Kerry and Dublin

[Removed by poster at 04/04/21 21:40:54]

Kerry and Dublin

"The current economic system is destroying the planet, so encouraging energy heavy cryptocurrency seems like a poor use of resources. "

There are some good arguments as to why Bitcoin is actually a good use of resources.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerhuang/2021/02/16/arguments-that-bitcoin-harms-the-environment-through-wasteful-emissions-miss-the-mark/

But, again, not all cryptos are the same. IOTA for example requires a lot less energy than Bitcoin.

"Anyone here interested/invested in cryptocurrencies at the moment?

I'm currently invested in IOTA but have done a bit of trading with other cryptos.

I would be interested to hear what projects people are watching or invested/interested in."

Following bitcoin I find exciting.

I’ve invested abit into Bitcoin and have done about as much research as you can.

At the end of the day it’s a gamble isn’t it!

"You can’t go wrong with BTC and ETH in the long term. I’ve also invested in a lot of altcoins for the higher risk/return with various degrees of success. Some have imploded and some have doubled in value. Right now I’m invested in WING, XOR and DOT because I really like their projects but as always DYOR before deciding to put any money in them "

XOR and WING are flying today (pun intended)

XRP on the rise

Kerry and Dublin

"XRP on the rise "

Could you recommend any good resources that explain where XRP gets its value? I don't understand the tokenomics of it and I've read a few different things that have put me off.

This video is a synopsis of what I've read:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB-uw1aL3eM&t=961s&ab_channel=CoinBureau

But, it does seem to do well, so there must be something I'm missing.

"XRP on the rise

Could you recommend any good resources that explain where XRP gets its value? I don't understand the tokenomics of it and I've read a few different things that have put me off.

But, it does seem to do well, so there must be something I'm missing."

Like I said before I have no idea about it, But I use twitter and follow people there,

Wish I had ££££s to put on as its been on the rise for days and only going up

I've got some Argo Blockchain..they are a miner.. hoping they will track BTC on the way up.

Cheshire

"I've got some Argo Blockchain..they are a miner.. hoping they will track BTC on the way up."

I bought in to Argo Blockchain as well, it’s been one of my better buys

Kerry and Dublin

"XRP on the rise

Like I said before I have no idea about it, But I use twitter and follow people there,

Wish I had ££££s to put on as its been on the rise for days and only going up "

Ya, it's been flying! I'm trying to find an entry point at the moment

"XRP on the rise

Wish I had ££££s to put on as its been on the rise for days and only going up

Ya, it's been flying! I'm trying to find an entry point at the moment"

I done that waited and waited for it to go back down, Could of got in at 082 and it kept going up ended putting more on at 089, It was at 109 at one point during the night

Kerry and Dublin

"

I done that waited and waited for it to go back down, Could of got in at 082 and it kept going up ended putting more on at 089, It was at 109 at one point during the night "

I'm once bitten twice shy. I first got into crypto back in 2017. I made a nice bit of money doing arbitrage and with XRP and EOS. I then lost it all trying to trade in the bear market of 2018. So now, I'm über cautious of FOMOing into things.

Kerry and Dublin

"

I done that waited and waited for it to go back down, Could of got in at 082 and it kept going up ended putting more on at 089, It was at 109 at one point during the night "

I know that feeling btw

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Today will pass 1.70 on the way to 2.00

End of month likely to be in the region of 3.80 to 5.00 (some say eom may be as high as 10, but I prefer to play it pessimistically and then anything above is a bonus)

Buy now while its cheap...

Everyone needs to read up on Telcoin $Tel, got unbelievable potential and real world use. Ahead of the game

Cheshire

"Everyone needs to read up on Telcoin $Tel, got unbelievable potential and real world use. Ahead of the game "

Thanks for the heads up will research later today.

A week ago BTC was at 56k now 62k just shows what can happen in just one week.

Anyone day trading in crypto ?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Everyone needs to read up on Telcoin $Tel, got unbelievable potential and real world use. Ahead of the game

Thanks for the heads up will research later today.

A week ago BTC was at 56k now 62k just shows what can happen in just one week.

Anyone day trading in crypto ? "

I literally just cashed out BTC, it’s enough. I did the same with Amazon , Tesla and Facebook a few months ago, king term is irrelevant all that matters is when you get in and when you out . I’m buying some property now and will drip feed BTC again ready for the high in sept if $150K and then cash out again

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"JP Morgan with a bullish prediction on BTC = Sell! Sell! Sell!

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoins-drop-in-volatility-may-boost-appeal-make-130k-possible-jpmorgan-says-report"

No only JP. Most of the big banks are buying and many analysts predict $150K by sept. It sounds crazy but there only 19m bitcoin. Some 3m likely lost.....

"I'm deterred by the immense environmental cost of them.

I've been reading a few things which suggest that cryptocurrencies are actually more environmentally friendly than the existing monetary system."

I think the reference was to the amount of energy consumed worldwide in running the computers to keep the cryptocurrency system running.

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"Anyone here interested/invested in cryptocurrencies at the moment?

I would be interested to hear what projects people are watching or invested/interested in.

Following bitcoin I find exciting.

I’ve invested abit into Bitcoin and have done about as much research as you can.

At the end of the day it’s a gamble isn’t it! "

Lots of the apps & sites that all short stocks are actually being investigated due to operating more like gambling than investments.

Investments shouldn't be gambling, you should be able to reasonably predict a return on investment with most, start ups etc being obvious high risk investments.

There are obviously factors than can put companies under quickly like outdated tech or global supply issue for instance.

Crypto's have been about long enough now to have 5 year + history on them as a indicator of high/low points in prices.

What to bear in mind is that you should be doing your research, use a reputable broker site, dont invest more than your willing to lose (i.e. not your house) & don't put all your eggs in one basket, that way if one fails, you still have others to fall back on.

Dont look at the amounts you gain in money terms but as a percentage, that way you see they advantage regardless of amount & is kudos in investment speak if high percentage return (they dont need to know the amount...be aware this is also how some ads fool folk, by saying I got 50% return on my investment but only actually invest a fiver, meaning their gain was £2.50).

and investments should be long term viewed.

Personally, don't like the ridiculous amount of energy used to mine just 1.

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

hAnother thing to be aware of is you are putting money into the hands of businesses who operate for profit,be mindful and research them before giving them money to wreck places just for a little monetary gain in your pocket.

This is what is mean by build back better, who you invest in matters on the grand scheme of global activities and with that the effects on climate change.

As an investor your opinion does matter and has power, don't like what they do, stop investing in them, they'll loose & either have to fix it or move over to let the better business in.

Better should not be measured in monetary form alone.

» Add a new message to this topic