FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Filters / photoshop

Filters / photoshop

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *p4anything1983 OP   Man  over a year ago

Hampshire

Was having an argument earlier (a friendly one) with my female friend, about whether or not it’s fair that women (although not always just women, but is usually the case) can proper catfish guys on a first date and I don’t just mean with makeup, as to me that is a part of that person if they decide to wear make up or not, but I mean with filters and lighting and camera angles etc... As I’ve seen some women (not always just women again, but usually the case) that are totally unrecognisable!

So, my point is this and also what I said to my friend... I think that it should be totally fine for me/men to show pictures (if it got to the sexy pic sharing stage), that have slightly bent the truth as to how you look and will probably help you get the first meeting with that person (ahead of all of the other 1000’s of offers you lovely ladies get)!!

Example being my latest picture upload...

Your thoughts people x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Lighting and angles I don't see any issue whatsoever with.

Changing body parts tho, making actual adjustments rather than capturing a good snap, well that's not cricket is it

Hampshire

"Lighting and angles I don't see any issue whatsoever with.

Changing body parts tho, making actual adjustments rather than capturing a good snap, well that's not cricket is it "

I don’t disagree with what you are saying, but I was arguing for arguments sake...

But for the record, I’ve seen filters that could blend the wicked witch of the west’s nose into a soft, smooth looking, wart free little snout

By *heHungStudentMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I feel like if your using lighting and filters thats fair enough go for ir bur if your actively changing entire features thats a lot worse as theres a difference between looking your best and setting out to trick people

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I dont mind photo editing, but don't lie if you get me?

I don't make it so I don't look like me, that would be silly and setting yourself up for rejection.

I just make my photos flattering

By *yrdsisWoman  over a year ago

Gleam Street

I'm way too lazy... my pics are what you get.. like it or not.

Having said that... flattering angles are great... anything more is just fibbing however.

By *rad670Man  over a year ago

South Lakes

Seen a couple of examples of this on cam lately, I think heavily used is a phone app that makes your real image turn into a 16 year old version of yourself, quite easy to spot, women look like little elfs with perfectly smooth skin, just not real and not honest. I'd rather see people who are proud of their imperfections and comfortable with it.

By *ersey GirlCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I detest filters with a passion. Some of my friends I don't even recognize anymore. A couple even filter their kids. Men just don't! Just leave the fakeness to the women

R

By *oreno0969Man  over a year ago

Rugby

I know what my best angels are and use colour filters to add to the whole photo but what you see is certainly what you get with me. Our pictures are what will always atract somebody first and foremost so nothing wrong with making the bedt versions of you would change body parts though no point plus i am 100% happy and comfortable with all of me

By *inkylipsWoman  over a year ago

Debauchery

I might change the lighting on some pics as they are to dark or to pale but if I’m sending a face pic, they see me with no filter and no make up. I won’t change my body either, I might hide the bits I’m not comfortable with but I explain this to everyone I talk to. My body isn’t perfect it has wobbly bits so they are fully aware before hand

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

To use your example as an example OP - it does you no favours at all.

For starters it's obvious it's faked when you compare to your other pics - so just looks silly really.

Then there's the assumption you're jumping to that ladies will be impressed by you having a big cock - whilst there are some who will prefer size, the vast majority are more impressed by honesty than the size of your member.

Then there's the whole thing of effectively lying to get a meet - which regardless of gender is wrong, and there's a world of difference between using angles and lighting to good advantage and out and out deception.

Ultimately it comes down to this - we're all here to show ourselves in the best possible light, men and women, so using angles and lighting to do that is fair play - completely changing the way we look, including the use of age reduction filters and similar, is just deceiving yourself as much as it is deceiving others in my opinion.

Hampshire

I know it’s obviously fake and was never meant to be a serious photo to mislead people, I just wondered on people’s opinions on our argument...

Women generally think that they need to look slimmer, so they take a selfie from above, gaining the required effect...

Men generally think they need a bigger dick, so (although a bit extreme) I photoshopped a bigger one on it, gaining the required effect...

Why’s one ok(ish) and one not?

I don’t agree with me doing that by the way, just debating

Hampshire

"I dont mind photo editing, but don't lie if you get me?

I don't make it so I don't look like me, that would be silly and setting yourself up for rejection.

I just make my photos flattering "

Pretty sure you’re never gonna have to worry about filters or editing

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I need to see pics before meeting to be able to gauge my attraction to them as the real person they'll be that I would meet, not the stylised image that I could never possibly meet.

Sure, don't use unflattering shots, if you have better. Make best use of angles, lighting and how you present yourself. I can tolerate some AI software adjustments that your camera may do automatically but I prefer to get a fairly natural perspective of you as the person and physique that I may have sex with.

Throw in an adjusted 1, amongst 50 others, making it explicitly clear that it's not a natural image of you.

I don't like how the media, advertising etc have manipulated people to not be comfortable as themselves in their own bodies. We can all have blemishes and it's fine to present ourselves well but it's better to have an acceptance of ourselves and others as the real people that we are, instead of some wishful thinking BS

Agree with the general opinions previously replied. If a person realises they have a more photogenic side, angle you're going to use it. Personally, my phone/camera is basic and doesn't capture pinsharp pics. If adding a touch of sharpness and colour filtering to compliment gives the desired result, go with that. I'd never change features of my body though to look more youthful or loose a few lb's. I'm more or less perfection as I am....(and relax and exhale)

"I might change the lighting on some pics as they are to dark or to pale but if I’m sending a face pic, they see me with no filter and no make up. I won’t change my body either, I might hide the bits I’m not comfortable with but I explain this to everyone I talk to. My body isn’t perfect it has wobbly bits so they are fully aware before hand "

Oh, stop it now. You're a delight. Those wobbly bits look just fine to me.

Debauchery

"I might change the lighting on some pics as they are to dark or to pale but if I’m sending a face pic, they see me with no filter and no make up. I won’t change my body either, I might hide the bits I’m not comfortable with but I explain this to everyone I talk to. My body isn’t perfect it has wobbly bits so they are fully aware before hand

Oh, stop it now. You're a delight. Those wobbly bits look just fine to me. "

Haha I’m not talking about my fun bags but they are far from perfect

"I might change the lighting on some pics as they are to dark or to pale but if I’m sending a face pic, they see me with no filter and no make up. I won’t change my body either, I might hide the bits I’m not comfortable with but I explain this to everyone I talk to. My body isn’t perfect it has wobbly bits so they are fully aware before hand

Haha I’m not talking about my fun bags but they are far from perfect "

In your opinion. One that isn't shared by myself.

Hampshire

Haha I’m not talking about my fun bags but they are far from perfect "

They look pretty damn good from here? Or is it the filter?

Debauchery

Haha I’m not talking about my fun bags but they are far from perfect

They look pretty damn good from here? Or is it the filter? "

No that’s me stood in a good position

It’s all pretty easy to decipher if you’re not ruled by blind vag vision.

Filters and angles have never fooled me.

It’s not just women that do it either.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

It's no surprise really that people don't pick up on fake profiles because there are literally dozens of people on here who look exactly the same due to glamour filters.

I don’t see the point in faking pics, changing body parts.

I think most of us use good angles, and know what looks good, and that’s fine.

I try and pick flattering poses and i shoot in a dark room that is side lit which gives me nice photos

If you were to meet me in person i would tell you all my flaws in advance so that you had the chance to reject me before meeting... Potentially you would also see me in video

Why would you get to first date stage without having shared a few live photos? Or face time her?

Then you'll know!

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We're really not a fan of Insta/Snap style filters that actually make you look different, and we don't engage if we see these.

Good lighting and angles is what makes a good photo and there's nothing wrong with that.

If you have doubts, ask for more photos.

C

We don't usually use anything but our phones may occasionally change lighting but that's all.

So what you see is us as we are x

I don't think it's fine for anyone to alter their photos so much that they become unrecognizable, male or female. It's not as if nobody will notice! How excruciating to have someone reject you on a first meet because you don't look like your pictures! Why put yourself through that humiliation??

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I use colour filters and angles that work for me .But that is it I never lie about my size anyone who has chatted to me knows that from the start and my age is my real age I don't see any point in pretending to be someone I'm not.

There is a lot of Photoshop going on tho on here but they are usually easily spotted anyhow.I don't know why so many use it a lot of the people using it look great without .

But it's not just women who do it either.I have met 3 guys who were nothing like their photos.

I think you have to open your mind a little when it comes to photos and reality.

I agree with with you're saying to an extent. I've seen many people (not just on Fab) who use photo filters to such an extent that they become unrecognisable. I've also seen people alter their body shapes, bigger boobs, pull in waist etc and that isn't OK to lead people on to believe you're exactly like your photos.

But, then again I don't see an issue with taking photos from your best angles etc. I'm not going to show my face from a low angle so you can see my double chin, I'm not going to show you my stomach rolls in certain positions or the cellulite on my thighs. Yes, these are me and but I want to show my best side on fab. I don't think that is misleading anyone. It's natural for me to wobble more in life than I do in photos and look worse from certain angles. But I like to think I still resemble my photos even without showing my worst bits to the world.

I'd never meet anyone anyway from photos alone. I'd want videos, in the moment pictures etc that show you more of the real side to a person rather than what some of us choose to show on here.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Our pics are what you get, admittedly most are taken outside with the bright sunshine but no filters, don’t see the point of them if your looking to meet someone as they will see you in the flesh when you do get together unless your meeting completely in the dark lol so why change what you are?

I love turning pics black and white, or a colour pop, never alter my body or face but I try to get good angles. And I like backgrounds to block out my house etc though that's rare.

By *DW1983Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen, Leeds, Sheffield

I don't think there's anything wrong with simply taking a good photo, be it angles, lighting, whatever. Just the same as dressing well for a meet. No onewants to present themselves in a bad light.

But when pictures are all so heavily filtered or doctored, I wonder what the point is. It's going to be obvious when you meet anyway. Are they just hoping the other person won't notice? Or that they will think 'well I'm here now so might as well'?

By *arker secrets 321Man  over a year ago

West Bromwich

I do like my pics in bw does give better pic .I don't use filters as such 4 face pics just botox lol x

I think filters and photoshop are quite easy to spot.

Clever angles are the most deceptive.

I tend to play around with angles and if I photoshop it's super obvious and more done in a creative way. My pics are more an artistic representation which in turn is a reflection of who I really am.

I often look at girls who heavily contour and wear layer upon layer of make up and wonder what partners think when they see them for the first time without it. Each to their own and if it makes them feel more confident I guess it does its job.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"I know it’s obviously fake and was never meant to be a serious photo to mislead people, I just wondered on people’s opinions on our argument...

Women generally think that they need to look slimmer, so they take a selfie from above, gaining the required effect...

Men generally think they need a bigger dick, so (although a bit extreme) I photoshopped a bigger one on it, gaining the required effect...

I don’t agree with me doing that by the way, just debating "

Oh I know you did it to make a point

As for why one is ok-ish and one not - they're two different things so aren't comparable really - one is presenting yourself in the best possible light without actually altering anything, the other is physically altering something to deceive and therein lies the difference - doesn't matter what gender you are, the latter is deception, the former is making best use of what you have.

Agree the difference can be subtle sometimes but it's different all the same.

By *luebellRacerCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

Please don't tell me this also applies to push up bras!

We'll sometimes adjust light levels and contrast if it's a cloudy day and crop/vignette. And sometimes black and white just makes a photo pop

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I don’t mind and artistic filter (b&w) or similar.

Occasionally for a photo challenge I’ll do a whacky filter fir fun but it’s always obvious (see gallery).

But I’d not modify beyond that. I am what I am. But I don’t normally take a good photo and get told I’m better in the flesh.

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

Is it really that hard to spot a filter? What I think is much worse is using photos from 10 years ago and pretending you still look like that. Anyway, if you have a social with them first you’ll know exactly what they look like then.

Personally I never use filters. Good angles, yes of course, but that’s hardly lying, and it’s not like people can’t work out for themselves what my body looks like from my photos. When I send face pics, I send a few different ones including one with minimal makeup so it’s easy to see what I look like.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

The only thing i change is the tone but only sometimes. I also need to crop out the dog at times too. Some pics on here look like cartoon characters as they have been messed about with so much.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

My photos are screen grabs from videos I will then add to them to make them more presentable.

However the videos are not messed with at all, what you see is a true reflection of what I look like in real life dressed.

As I’ve been recognised in clubs from my fab profile I’m happy that it’s a true reflection of my ‘real’ self(ie)

By *assConductorMan  over a year ago

the wild

I don't understand why people send face pictures with filters/facetune if the goal is to eventually meet.

What's the point? It's not what you look like, and they'll see that when you meet. It's also a vicious cycle of expectations of beauty.

Hampshire

"I know it’s obviously fake and was never meant to be a serious photo to mislead people, I just wondered on people’s opinions on our argument...

I don’t agree with me doing that by the way, just debating

Oh I know you did it to make a point

As for why one is ok-ish and one not - they're two different things so aren't comparable really - one is presenting yourself in the best possible light without actually altering anything, the other is physically altering something to deceive and therein lies the difference - doesn't matter what gender you are, the latter is deception, the former is making best use of what you have.

Agree the difference can be subtle sometimes but it's different all the same."

Mate, I’ve seen some women “in real life” without a filter (not just a good angle or lighting) that would make my obviously fake 10” photoshop dick look like it was done at universal studio’s with their new 5k CGI magic software

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Changing body parts tho, making actual adjustments rather than capturing a good snap, well that's not cricket is it

I don’t disagree with what you are saying, but I was arguing for arguments sake...

But for the record, I’ve seen filters that could blend the wicked witch of the west’s nose into a soft, smooth looking, wart free little snout "

So would you consider my pics to be unfair? I like the artistic side and expression of taking photos, so yeah, I whack filters on some of them for "dramatic effect"

Hampshire

But for the record, I’ve seen filters that could blend the wicked witch of the west’s nose into a soft, smooth looking, wart free little snout

So would you consider my pics to be unfair? I like the artistic side and expression of taking photos, so yeah, I whack filters on some of them for "dramatic effect""

I would have to see the comparison of your pics compared to real life to have any say on the matter of fairness, which will obviously have to be verified in person

By *uyfrombristolMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"I might change the lighting on some pics as they are to dark or to pale but if I’m sending a face pic, they see me with no filter and no make up. I won’t change my body either, I might hide the bits I’m not comfortable with but I explain this to everyone I talk to. My body isn’t perfect it has wobbly bits so they are fully aware before hand "

Your wobbly bits look fantastic!

I mean if some guys believe that women have bunny ears and stars around their faces...they deserve to be catfished!

Yeh, maybe I believe it could be unfair to some people. Some people will need confirmation of the person they want to meet, a clear face and body picture before they make an initial contact.

If that’s blatantly misrepresented in photos as to hide certain things. I don’t think it’s cool either.

Debauchery

"I mean if some guys believe that women have bunny ears and stars around their faces...they deserve to be catfished! "

Debauchery

Your wobbly bits look fantastic!"

I’m not on about my chesticles

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

90% of guys happy to get a message you going about meeting not one but numbers of meet find there not as you liked..

If someone will to meet you just be grateful.

Changing body parts tho, making actual adjustments rather than capturing a good snap, well that's not cricket is it "

Exactly what PP says. A bit of creative thinking is okay, but deliberately misleading is not.

All my photos are an iPhone and a cheap £30 ring light from Amazon.

It takes a lot of effort and 100 shit photos of a demented mad woman to get a good one though, and sadly I don’t think a lot of people can be bothered x

Does anyone remember where almost every girl on the planet kept using that awful dog filter? Even as a profile pic on Facebook lol

Good make up, and good light can do wonders no need for filters really. Also I do brighten up some pics as a whole as I usually like them bright.

I admit tho that without make up I don’t feel as pretty/confident but when I do x I feel so pretty!! x

so Is make up a sort of real life filter?

I can't stand photoshopped pics. I find it deceitful. I've had a few meets over the years who look absolutely sod all like their pics. I now insist on a video call prior to meeting.

I've been to clubs parties and not recognised some guests in person as they've sent me heavily filtered pics via Fab. Some go as far as altering their teeth, face shape, eye colour and body size. I don't see the attraction with filters at all. Especially those dog ear ones

Angles and lighting, yes, because everybody wants to take a picture that flatters them.

I’ve seen some proper corkers on here recently though when it comes to edited pictures. I never knew so many door frames had curves in them

If I’m sending anyone a face pic of myself, I always send one of me; no makeup, no filters. I am who I am an if people can’t handle that, they’re not worth my time. I’ve no shame about how I’ve aged. I’m nearly 50 so I’m therefore going to have lines and wrinkles.

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

Filters are fine if B&W, sepia etc but snapchat filters that completely change the way you look don't look right at all

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I don't see the point. Especially if you intend to meet people in person. I'm also too lazy .

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

The ‘appendage grower’ app is a good one

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

I would’ve made it look bigger personally OP

My photos are a mix of colour and black & white with different lighting and angles, but I do cover all so what you see is what you get...

I don’t photoshop anything, I cannot understand why someone would it’s deceitful changing your teeth or giving yourself abs, making your waist smaller or extending your cock is going to backfire when you meet surely and you look nothing like...

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Good angles and the odd colour filter thrown over, but I don't change my shape at all, whats the point in making myself look slimmer and turning up not

By *ieranhereMan  over a year ago

perth

I’d love to see my wife with a black one In her mouth, if anyone is decent with photoshop, I’d love to see it, pm me

» Add a new message to this topic