FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Meaning of Winks?

Meaning of Winks?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Always thought that a wink was to let somebody know you are interested in them.

We received one yesterday, we always check out the persons profile and realised they couldn't accomodate so just replied saying that, and also they hadn't read our profile properly.

Got a wonderful message back full of swearing saying it was just because they liked our profile and it was meant as a compliment!!

So what do others see a wink as and do you just delete them or respond in any way?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd imagine it could be both but would just take it as a compliment if it was from someone there was no chance of meeting

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I seem them largely as indicators of sexual interest, but sometimes they're fine as like a 'Hi' or 'Looking Good'. Realise many struggle with email overload, so wink overload could go the same way.

Otherwise, if I get them, and there's mutual connection, I'll wink back, and can open the door for messaging etc.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I use them as a friendly hello. Some people actually think that a wink means you will definitely meet them for sex. I've actually received messages from people perhaps the OH has winked and if I haven't responded to the message, I get another annoyed message saying 'don't ignore me, you winked me first'.

Maybe that was the case but maybe I didn't like the choice of language used in the message.

A wink in my book is not an indication or guarantee of sex and if I received one and I did like the profile, I may just send a message saying hi but I wouldn't make assumptions thinking they wanted to meet and go on about how they don't meet my criteria.

By *unkersMan 42 weeks ago

Swindon

For me it's a way of saying hello and letting the recipients know you like there profile.

By *unkersMan 42 weeks ago

Swindon

To add to my comment, some are saying that if you wink you are too lazy to message, now I'm new to the site and I have sent messages to a few people and asked if they would be kind enough to reply even if not interested , so far nothing back from anyone.

By *uncouple153Couple 42 weeks ago

Abergavenny

Use them when we are busy of a way of saying hello and we like what we see.

We will following up later with a message especially if they wink back

By *orny-DJMan 42 weeks ago

Leigh-on-Sea

Lost count of how many times I've responded to a wink with a message only to be totally ignored - which is why I no longer respond to them

By *red333Man 42 weeks ago

Dorchester

Its a lazy persons way of getting around messaging

By *herry delightWoman 42 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

For me I don't look at them so it's a waste of time winking me.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 42 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

Everyone uses and interprets them differently. There's no one way or meaning.

I don't look at my winks. The inbox is busy enough and if the most someone is willing to do to show interest or initiate contact is click the wink button rather than actually speak to me, then they're obviously not that interested as far as I'm concerned. And at that first point of contact I don't know if I'm interested yet. I'd rather take the time to look at the ones where we're at least half way to establishing a mutual interest.

But some people do view it very differently

» Add a new message to this topic