FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Eyebrows and other frippery

Eyebrows and other frippery

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *naswingdress OP   Woman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Painted eyebrows? No eyebrows?

Hair, skin, makeup - what's doing? Products, techniques, advice?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m currently having a break from skin care and using nappy rash cream ..my boots no7 I’ve been using for years has bought me out in a rash

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Swing! Lovely to see you here with your makeup thread, it's been a while

Mrs kf x

Manchester (she/her)

"I’m currently having a break from skin care and using nappy rash cream ..my boots no7 I’ve been using for years has bought me out in a rash "

Oh shit, that's not good.

Have they changed ingredients or do you think it's a health/age change?

I use Neals Yard jasmine face cream, it is lush x

Manchester (she/her)

"Swing! Lovely to see you here with your makeup thread, it's been a while

Mrs kf x"

Inspired by the haters of brows being resurrected

"I’m currently having a break from skin care and using nappy rash cream ..my boots no7 I’ve been using for years has bought me out in a rash

Have they changed ingredients or do you think it's a health/age change?"

I’m really not sure. I’ll introduce it back slowly and see what happens

Manchester (she/her)

"I’m currently having a break from skin care and using nappy rash cream ..my boots no7 I’ve been using for years has bought me out in a rash

Have they changed ingredients or do you think it's a health/age change?

I’m really not sure. I’ll introduce it back slowly and see what happens "

Maybe patch test (I'd normally suggest the jaw, but maybe not with masks ) and patch test other products? See what you might react to?

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'm about to re-embrace my curls tonight, it's been a few weeks since those beauties framed my face. I've got to do a deep wash with some baby shampoo and then I'm slathering it in coconut oil. I never know how to style them though.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm about to re-embrace my curls tonight, it's been a few weeks since those beauties framed my face. I've got to do a deep wash with some baby shampoo and then I'm slathering it in coconut oil. I never know how to style them though. "

I've been experimenting with my hair in a similar vein. I'm glad no one has to see me though, it's variable

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I'm about to have a shower and shave bits of me. I'll use Aveda shampoo and conditioner and random shower gel That's about it

North West

"I'm about to re-embrace my curls tonight, it's been a few weeks since those beauties framed my face. I've got to do a deep wash with some baby shampoo and then I'm slathering it in coconut oil. I never know how to style them though.

I've been experimenting with my hair in a similar vein. I'm glad no one has to see me though, it's variable "

I saw! I saw! (On a pic, not in person). Looked good

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm about to have a shower and shave bits of me. I'll use Aveda shampoo and conditioner and random shower gel That's about it

"

Hopefully you stick to hair and not... bits. That could be messy

"I'm about to re-embrace my curls tonight, it's been a few weeks since those beauties framed my face. I've got to do a deep wash with some baby shampoo and then I'm slathering it in coconut oil. I never know how to style them though.

I've been experimenting with my hair in a similar vein. I'm glad no one has to see me though, it's variable "

I've got a week of not having to do any conf calls so I'm making the most of it and going full on curly mane. It's a lot of work keeping curls looking decent between wash days isn't it?

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

My eyebrow could do with some some love.

I usually have them tinted and shaped.

I don't have naturally good eyebrows so I tend to pencil them in when wearing makeup.

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Im ditching the bleach and going back to black. Only thing is you can see the grey hairs a lot more

My hair will thank me for it though.

Havent bought any new makeup in yonks. Such a bugger with brexit

Manchester (she/her)

I've been experimenting with my hair in a similar vein. I'm glad no one has to see me though, it's variable

I saw! I saw! (On a pic, not in person). Looked good "

It's a work in progress Some days I rock it, other days I'm a ball of floof (wavies will understand)

North West

"I'm about to have a shower and shave bits of me. I'll use Aveda shampoo and conditioner and random shower gel That's about it

Hopefully you stick to hair and not... bits. That could be messy "

Aveda will remain on my head. Bits will meet shower gel (unperfumed!)

Manchester (she/her)

I've got a week of not having to do any conf calls so I'm making the most of it and going full on curly mane. It's a lot of work keeping curls looking decent between wash days isn't it? "

I've not figured refreshing out yet. I brush it out (something I can do as a wavy, although I've discovered that Pantene Gold leave in detangling milk makes a big difference)

I'm still in very early, what products work, how to stop my scalp itching (baby wash), and what techniques I can adapt for curls and what I can't.

Manchester (she/her)

Hopefully you stick to hair and not... bits. That could be messy

Aveda will remain on my head. Bits will meet shower gel (unperfumed!)"

You made it sound like you were performing surgery with a razor

I'm currently trying out some beautiful skincare samples from Angela Langford. She does a free trial specially selected for you - check out the website for details. But my goodness the stuff is delightful and the pore perfecting serum is possibly the best thing I've put on my skin ever

Manchester (she/her)

"My eyebrow could do with some some love.

I don't have naturally good eyebrows so I tend to pencil them in when wearing makeup."

I've not had mine shaped in a year now

I alternate between pencil, brow mascara, and pomade

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I have got into skincare and makeup big time over the last year!

Have to say skin care routines boggle my mind at times. Some seem so elaborate and have so many products lol

I don't have naturally good eyebrows so I tend to pencil them in when wearing makeup."

This and I also seem to have a bald spot in one of them. Don't know how it happened.

I think when things are better I might look at microblading for mine.

My hair is also a mess. I'm trying to grow it but its taking ages.

If anyone has any tips for that please let me know x

North West

"I have got into skincare and makeup big time over the last year!

Have to say skin care routines boggle my mind at times. Some seem so elaborate and have so many products lol "

I rub water on my face in the shower

Manchester (she/her)

"I have got into skincare and makeup big time over the last year!

Have to say skin care routines boggle my mind at times. Some seem so elaborate and have so many products lol "

Cleanser, day cream, night cream, sunscreen. Add treatment depending on needs (consider conflicts)

Going to sound absolutely crazy with this one

mascara on your eyebrows nother one off them Hollywood tricks that’s trickling down

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

I'm letting my eyebrows do their own thing at the moment as when I attempt to do anything with them I end up over plucking. Can't wait to get them dyed again. I just fill them in a bit as mine arn't very dark but I still like them to be subtle.

I've recently started using a Biotin hair mask twice a week to promote hair growth. I've not noticed a difference yet. I am considering taking the supplements instead. Would be interested to know if anyone has tried them.

Kx

I've got a week of not having to do any conf calls so I'm making the most of it and going full on curly mane. It's a lot of work keeping curls looking decent between wash days isn't it? "

I have very curly hair, i wash it everyday. It's in great condition and looks great.

Manchester (she/her)

I don't have naturally good eyebrows so I tend to pencil them in when wearing makeup.

This and I also seem to have a bald spot in one of them. Don't know how it happened.

If anyone has any tips for that please let me know x"

Borrowed from the curly girl method, which I'm messing with. Minimise the use of heat, swap regular towel for microfibre towel or a t-shirt (no rubbing). If you can, wash your hair less.

Finger detangle in the first instance, detangle and brush gently and from the bottom. If your hair is curly or kinky/coily, detangle wet (look into it more elsewhere as this is not me). If your hair is wavy, it can be wet or dry (I detangle wet with conditioner, or dry with detangling milk).

Putting your hair up means less environmental damage.

Manchester (she/her)

"Going to sound absolutely crazy with this one

mascara on your eyebrows nother one off them Hollywood tricks that’s trickling down "

I use brow mascara, as I need my brows to be brown not black.

Manchester (she/her)

I've got a week of not having to do any conf calls so I'm making the most of it and going full on curly mane. It's a lot of work keeping curls looking decent between wash days isn't it?

I have very curly hair, i wash it everyday. It's in great condition and looks great."

My (wavy) hair takes 3-4 hours to air dry. How do you even

Borrowed from the curly girl method, which I'm messing with. Minimise the use of heat, swap regular towel for microfibre towel or a t-shirt (no rubbing). If you can, wash your hair less.

Finger detangle in the first instance, detangle and brush gently and from the bottom. If your hair is curly or kinky/coily, detangle wet (look into it more elsewhere as this is not me). If your hair is wavy, it can be wet or dry (I detangle wet with conditioner, or dry with detangling milk).

Putting your hair up means less environmental damage."

Thanks. I have very fine hair that breaks so I'm already one to avoid brushes at all costs. I now find I'm loosing hair when I wash it too

"Going to sound absolutely crazy with this one

mascara on your eyebrows nother one off them Hollywood tricks that’s trickling down

I use brow mascara, as I need my brows to be brown not black."

Awww ok also seen they useing clear mascara as eyebrow gel also

Honestly these days make ups become universal as in useing it for places it wasn’t meant to be for

Manchester (she/her)

Putting your hair up means less environmental damage.

Thanks. I have very fine hair that breaks so I'm already one to avoid brushes at all costs. I now find I'm loosing hair when I wash it too

"

Some hair fall is normal, but I suppose it depends on how much

I have very curly hair, i wash it everyday. It's in great condition and looks great.

My (wavy) hair takes 3-4 hours to air dry. How do you even "

I air dry it. I've never timed it The only time i don't wash it in the morning is if I'm very ill, as in bedridden.

Manchester (she/her)

I air dry it. I've never timed it The only time i don't wash it in the morning is if I'm very ill, as in bedridden. "

Mine is really annoying until it dries, and I'm figuring it out at the moment, which is why I know. I'd lose my mind washing it every day

North West

Sinderella, have you had your thyroid function checked? Hair loss can be a sign of thyroid dysfunction.

I air dry it. I've never timed it The only time i don't wash it in the morning is if I'm very ill, as in bedridden.

Mine is really annoying until it dries, and I'm figuring it out at the moment, which is why I know. I'd lose my mind washing it every day"

I love the look, feel and smell of freshly washed hair. I get lots of compliments on my hair with very little effort on my part lol

Manchester (she/her)

"Sinderella, have you had your thyroid function checked? Hair loss can be a sign of thyroid dysfunction."

Good call

Manchester (she/her)

Mine is really annoying until it dries, and I'm figuring it out at the moment, which is why I know. I'd lose my mind washing it every day

I love the look, feel and smell of freshly washed hair. I get lots of compliments on my hair with very little effort on my part lol"

It could be my hair texture or that I'm figuring new things out, but washing my hair isn't a low effort thing.

By *usty kayWoman  over a year ago

Burnham

I've never done anything with my eyebrows but I have decided it's time. Shame it's a pandemic and I don't even know where to start!

Manchester (she/her)

"I've never done anything with my eyebrows but I have decided it's time. Shame it's a pandemic and I don't even know where to start! "

What do you want to achieve?

"I'm letting my eyebrows do their own thing at the moment as when I attempt to do anything with them I end up over plucking. Can't wait to get them dyed again. I just fill them in a bit as mine arn't very dark but I still like them to be subtle.

I've recently started using a Biotin hair mask twice a week to promote hair growth. I've not noticed a difference yet. I am considering taking the supplements instead. Would be interested to know if anyone has tried them.

Kx

"

I’ve been using biotin tablets. One a day. Maximum strength seen some improvement. It’s a not a quick fix.

Got mine from amazon. 6 month supply was around £8

By *usty kayWoman  over a year ago

Burnham

"I've never done anything with my eyebrows but I have decided it's time. Shame it's a pandemic and I don't even know where to start!

What do you want to achieve?"

Honestly I have no idea. I have just become aware they're bushy lately, I wonder if they've got darker. As soon as a salon opens I will get my arse down there

Manchester (she/her)

"I've never done anything with my eyebrows but I have decided it's time. Shame it's a pandemic and I don't even know where to start!

What do you want to achieve?

Honestly I have no idea. I have just become aware they're bushy lately, I wonder if they've got darker. As soon as a salon opens I will get my arse down there "

That's fair. Makeup can help to a point (mostly with adding more, although you can shape by covering up what you don't want with concealer), but yes, you're probably better off going to a salon.

By *ersey GirlCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I miss having microdermabrasion. Roll on when they open back up

R

By *rMardyMsGrimmCouple  over a year ago

near yonder

I’m all natural. Never touched my brows. Pits and bush are since lockdown mark 1

I love the look, feel and smell of freshly washed hair. I get lots of compliments on my hair with very little effort on my part lol

It could be my hair texture or that I'm figuring new things out, but washing my hair isn't a low effort thing."

Oh !!

I get in the bath, rinse my hair, wash it with Alberto Balsum shampoo, rinse, put the same conditioner on, leave it on while i wash my body. Rinse it off with fresh water. Dry the excess water off with a towel. Dry my body, put deodorant on.Comb hair. Sometimes i put a texture spray on but only because i like the smell as it does nothing to my hair. Let it dry. The whole bath/hair wash/dry body takes maybe 10 mins at the most. End result is fresh, clean, curly hair.

To be fair I'm not into lotions and potions beyond what basics i have to use because of my skin condition.

Manchester (she/her)

"

To be fair I'm not into lotions and potions beyond what basics i have to use because of my skin condition."

I have wavy hair and have never had luck with it. I'm trying modified "curly girl method" to make it more wavy and less crazy/bushy. It's pretty work intensive. (Even if I do it "normally", my hair takes awhile to dry)

North West

"I’m all natural. Never touched my brows. Pits and bush are since lockdown mark 1"

Same for me with eyebrows, but I have performed topiary elsewhere

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I use tropic products

Manchester (she/her)

"I’m all natural. Never touched my brows. Pits and bush are since lockdown mark 1

Same for me with eyebrows, but I have performed topiary elsewhere "

I'm shaving my pits every so often because I think it helps deodorant, and legs when I want to feel good. Everything else, meh.

Brows, I fill in my bald patches etc

"

To be fair I'm not into lotions and potions beyond what basics i have to use because of my skin condition.

I have wavy hair and have never had luck with it. I'm trying modified "curly girl method" to make it more wavy and less crazy/bushy. It's pretty work intensive. (Even if I do it "normally", my hair takes awhile to dry)"

I would guess my hair takes ages to dry too but i would never use a hair dryer on it as it scares my cats

North West

"I’m all natural. Never touched my brows. Pits and bush are since lockdown mark 1

I'm shaving my pits every so often because I think it helps deodorant, and legs when I want to feel good. Everything else, meh.

Brows, I fill in my bald patches etc "

Same reason on the legs for me. I do my undercarriage because, well, Mr KC

Manchester (she/her)

Brows, I fill in my bald patches etc

Same reason on the legs for me. I do my undercarriage because, well, Mr KC "

Manchester (she/her)

"

I have wavy hair and have never had luck with it. I'm trying modified "curly girl method" to make it more wavy and less crazy/bushy. It's pretty work intensive. (Even if I do it "normally", my hair takes awhile to dry)

I would guess my hair takes ages to dry too but i would never use a hair dryer on it as it scares my cats "

That's fair. I've started diffusing a bit (variations on hair dryer) because I can't be doing with dripping wet hair

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Eyebrows I do as I'm a victim of the nineties pencil row and they never recovered.

I'm seriously contemplating a hair colour change at the moment and going back to more my natural hair colour.

Skin care I'm the worst to ask as I'm pretty shocking with mine

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

My natural brows are naturally patchy and one has a scar through it. I fill mine in. Haters can hate all they want, I get lots of compliments on them and I've had men not even realise they're not naturally like that. It's usually them that hate on drawn on brows to so shows what they know .

Manchester (she/her)

"My natural brows are naturally patchy and one has a scar through it. I fill mine in. Haters can hate all they want, I get lots of compliments on them and I've had men not even realise they're not naturally like that. It's usually them that hate on drawn on brows to so shows what they know . "

A hater thread got bumped, which inspired this

B38

I alternate between pencil, brow mascara, and pomade"

I really should be more experimental with my make-up. I've never hears of pamade..I'll take a look at it.

When I was a kid I used to be intrigued watching my nan pencil in her eyebrows and put her lippy on before going even the shop.

That never changed even in her 70's bless her.

Now I too pencil in my eyebrows and smile as it reminds me of her.

Liverpool

I really should be more experimental with my make-up. I've never hears of pamade..I'll take a look at it.

When I was a kid I used to be intrigued watching my nan pencil in her eyebrows and put her lippy on before going even the shop.

Now I too pencil in my eyebrows and smile as it reminds me of her."

I use the anastasia Beverly hills one. The brush they sell to apply it is good too

B38

I use the anastasia Beverly hills one. The brush they sell to apply it is good too "

I'll take a look at that.

If you get eyebrows right they really do enhance everything else.

I just need to practice getting it right.

I was a late eyebrows bloomer

I do brow lamination on mine at the moment.. Then wax, pluck and dye.

Use a clear brow gel for day to day use and sometimes a bit of powder if I’m going out.

Manchester (she/her)

I've never mastered fashion brows. I just mess with my appearance and do what I think suits me.

Like most things really

Now I too pencil in my eyebrows and smile as it reminds me of her."

That made me think of my mum.

She used to shave her brows in the 80s then pencil them back in

She used to lick the pencil to make it wet to set more definition

B38

That made me think of my mum.

She used to shave her brows in the 80s then pencil them back in

She used to lick the pencil to make it wet to set more definition "

I'd forgotten about licking the pencil trick

Just look at the difference now...from the previously thinnest of eyebrows to the fullest now!

I kmow some women who say their eyebrows never fully recovered from all that plucking and shaving!

Manchester (she/her)

Wetting makeup still happens, I'm not sure about licking things, though

B38

"Wetting makeup still happens, I'm not sure about licking things, though "

I've seen a few women lick the the end of their eyebrow brush and eyeliner

I am going to treat myself to some new makeup.

I never wear eyeshadow or anything like that.

I used to wear a blue eyeliner, that looked quite good.

Yes... definitely going to treat myself.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

For those working from home, central heating dries out your hair terribly...

My skin has seen little make-up in the last 12 months which has probably been good for it. I’ve taken to using Olaplex for my hair. It desperately needs cutting

"Wetting makeup still happens, I'm not sure about licking things, though "

Have seen a few youtube videos where the mua wets the beauty blender when applying foundation never tried it myself

"

I have wavy hair and have never had luck with it. I'm trying modified "curly girl method" to make it more wavy and less crazy/bushy. It's pretty work intensive. (Even if I do it "normally", my hair takes awhile to dry)"

Different hair textures take different amounts of time to dry. Mine can take the best part of a waking day to dry naturally - that's not because my hair isn't in a good condition or I put lots of bits on it. It's just labour intensive. Anyway, last night I decided to treat myself and used a hair mask. This morning I've woken up and it's a mask of tiny ringlets, going to wash it out and then try stretching with some gel. Fun times.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Different hair textures take different amounts of time to dry. Mine can take the best part of a waking day to dry naturally - that's not because my hair isn't in a good condition or I put lots of bits on it. It's just labour intensive. Anyway, last night I decided to treat myself and used a hair mask. This morning I've woken up and it's a mask of tiny ringlets, going to wash it out and then try stretching with some gel. Fun times. "

That sounds lovely

Stretching is the thing I need to avoid with my hair, that just makes it straight ish and floofy

Manchester (she/her)

Hair: I'm a recent convert to protein treatments. If you use the CGM etc approved products that are specifically for textured hair, they're very regularly on offer at Superdrug

Liverpool

My hair is super annoying. It's very fine so gets weighed down easily but there's shit loads of it. So it's fine in texture but not thin in density. I've started using two conditioners. One from the ears down and then a more intensive moisturising one just on the bottom 6 inches.

Manchester (she/her)

"My hair is super annoying. It's very fine so gets weighed down easily but there's shit loads of it. So it's fine in texture but not thin in density. I've started using two conditioners. One from the ears down and then a more intensive moisturising one just on the bottom 6 inches. "

I'm similar. I haven't figured it out yet, particularly as weight is something I need to avoid to encourage texture.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I need mine doing and soon.

Manchester (she/her)

"I need mine doing and soon. "

Hair or eyebrows

"Hair: I'm a recent convert to protein treatments. If you use the CGM etc approved products that are specifically for textured hair, they're very regularly on offer at Superdrug"

I shall a look at protein treatments, thank you for the recommendation! I tried rice water and it made my curls clump in a not particularly flattering fashion.

Manchester (she/her)

"Hair: I'm a recent convert to protein treatments. If you use the CGM etc approved products that are specifically for textured hair, they're very regularly on offer at Superdrug

I shall a look at protein treatments, thank you for the recommendation! I tried rice water and it made my curls clump in a not particularly flattering fashion. "

There's a balance to be had between moisture and protein, as I'm sure you're aware. I was overdoing the moisture - I've used the Shea protein treatment (hydrate and repair, blue label, smaller tub) and followed up with a deep condition, and my hair feels stronger and more structured.

It seems to me Shea moisture is much more marketed for type 3/4 than my type 2, heavier ingredients etc. But still workable with caution (and better in your case).

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I'm trying to get my hair to go more ringlety, it is curly and I used to have lots of ringlets, as a teen.

I follow the relaxed curly girl style )in a very relaxed way). I co wash only though so I only shampoo every few months to clarify. I just let the water wash it through and now even do that only once a week now, it used to be everyday in the shower. (I still shower everyday, just not wet my hair)

My hair needs lots of protein so I am looking for extra leave in proteins, I often leave in conditioner like the XTC range or the Garnier hair masks.

Manchester (she/her)

I've started using the Shea Moisture protein treatment. The leave in conditioner also has protein ingredients.

I'm starting to get the hang of my waves

"I've started using the Shea Moisture protein treatment. The leave in conditioner also has protein ingredients.

I'm starting to get the hang of my waves "

Yes, I've started using it off the back of this thread and my hair is growing faster and it's forming proper curls as well! That might be because I'm also taking vitamins and not used heat products for almost a month but there's a noticeable improvement in its strength and shine each time I use it.

Thank you for the recommendation OP, I'm aiming to have long curls that look like a weave by December.

Manchester (she/her)

No worries at all

I've just this week found a system that seems to be giving me semi predictable waves. Haha. But I like it - when I can be bothered. I think I'm going to have to experiment with CGM friendly mousse rather than gel, see if it makes a difference. (I find the coverage for wavy hair advice is a lot more patchy than curly/type 3)

Manchester (she/her)

I suspect a hair cut will do me good

Gravity is my enemy

hiding from cock pics.

"I've started using the Shea Moisture protein treatment. The leave in conditioner also has protein ingredients.

I'm starting to get the hang of my waves "

Thank you I will check that out

Manchester (she/her)

I'm starting to get the hang of my waves

Thank you I will check that out"

As mentioned above, often on offer at Superdrug.

Having to do my own eyebrows right now so they're a bit wonky. Still use brow brush so not too bad.

All my usual minimal make up. Never really used a lot anyway, but I'm lucky as I've got good skin.

Nails are currently ones bought in shop as no nail bars open. That's killing me the most. LOVE getting my nails done

Manchester (she/her)

My brows are basically abandoned

Sometimes I pencil or pomade them, once in awhile I brush up and cut the longest hairs. But I hate tweezing my brows and people up in my face during pandemic... Icky no.

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

It’s been a long time since I’ve had my brows, lip and chin threaded. I’ve been bleaching until I can get back to get them done, although at this point I think I’d be better off going to the Turkish Barbers to get my beard professionally managed.

My brows are doing ok, I just need to fill in the gaps as they’re patchy!

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"I need mine doing and soon.

Hair or eyebrows "

Both. I’m not joking either.

Manchester (she/her)

"It’s been a long time since I’ve had my brows, lip and chin threaded. I’ve been bleaching until I can get back to get them done, although at this point I think I’d be better off going to the Turkish Barbers to get my beard professionally managed.

My brows are doing ok, I just need to fill in the gaps as they’re patchy! "

I'm totally shaving my face. I cannot be arsed

Manchester (she/her)

Ladies with wavy or curly hair. Get a Denman brush. You'll thank me.

(Wavies: modification to four rather than seven is advisable)

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I have my lashes and shaping booked in for next Wed, I'm going for a chin wax as the coil makes the hairs baby fluffy there for some reason

Manchester (she/her)

"I have my lashes and shaping booked in for next Wed, I'm going for a chin wax as the coil makes the hairs baby fluffy there for some reason "

I'm sticking to my five o'clock shadow for now. Still a bit too pandemicky to have people up in my face

I find that brushes make my hair frizzy, i use a comb.

What does this brush do ?

"I have my lashes and shaping booked in for next Wed, I'm going for a chin wax as the coil makes the hairs baby fluffy there for some reason

I'm sticking to my five o'clock shadow for now. Still a bit too pandemicky to have people up in my face "

I see your point

My beautician has had 2 jabs as she's vulnerable so we are good to go with normal ppe, it did feel weird in the dentists not having to have mask on though

Manchester (she/her)

"I find that brushes make my hair frizzy, i use a comb.

What does this brush do ?"

Use it wet after applying styling products. It defines curl or wave clumps. Absolute game changer for me, my waves are defined and closer to uniform. (Seven for curls, wavies tend to need larger clumps)

I detangle with a comb or fingers now.

I'm booked in for my eyebrows and lashes to be done 16th of april.

Hair cut 25th april. Bliss

Manchester (she/her)

I definitely need a haircut. It's so long. (And for the purposes of wavy hair, it's heavy)

North West

I have a haircut booked on 27th April now...

I bought this concealing called fuck I’m flawless and it’s the best thing I’ve ever used. Blends so well, you do a quiz thing online to colour match and skin type cos my skin is very dry but this stuff blends lovely. Also been using magnetic eyelashes and they are so easy to put on.

"I'm booked in for my eyebrows and lashes to be done 16th of april.

Hair cut 25th april. Bliss "

I managed to get the 12th April for darklights and my normal cut for the summer, I'm splurging on a warm tan on the 16th

Use it wet after applying styling products. It defines curl or wave clumps. Absolute game changer for me, my waves are defined and closer to uniform. (Seven for curls, wavies tend to need larger clumps)

I detangle with a comb or fingers now."

Ah ok, i don't use styling products. I shampoo, condition, rinse, comb, scrunch a bit = curly hair. I sometimes use a spray that supposed to do something to my hair, i have no idea what it does as i can't see any difference but it smells lovely

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

All I know is what three daughters constantly by on my cards, Olaplex no.3 for hair, urban decay or better than sex for eyes, rouge Dior for lips

Manchester (she/her)

Ah ok, i don't use styling products. I shampoo, condition, rinse, comb, scrunch a bit = curly hair. I sometimes use a spray that supposed to do something to my hair, i have no idea what it does as i can't see any difference but it smells lovely "

Fair enough. With my hair if I don't style it, it's almost straight plus frizz. (I don't always bother styling - and I don't use heat - but it's night and day)

Manchester (she/her)

"All I know is what three daughters constantly by on my cards, Olaplex no.3 for hair, urban decay or better than sex for eyes, rouge Dior for lips "

Very good taste indeed

I detangle with a comb or fingers now."

Denman brushes are incredible! I first got the idea of trying one from YouTube and it's really helped my curl definition. I have an appointment on the 14th, my curls are now bra length (thanks to Biotin supplements, no heat and vitamins). I'm thinking of getting it coloured but afro hair can be very fragile anyway. Exciting choice though!

Manchester (she/her)

Denman brushes are incredible! I first got the idea of trying one from YouTube and it's really helped my curl definition. I have an appointment on the 14th, my curls are now bra length (thanks to Biotin supplements, no heat and vitamins). I'm thinking of getting it coloured but afro hair can be very fragile anyway. Exciting choice though!"

Mine has totally changed my hair. I love it. (I wasn't sure re type 4 hair - I stray into type 3 videos and I can adapt but type 4 is not for me )

With current wave shrinkage (I styled it today) mine is down to bra. When I brush it out (I usually do, lazy - I plait it so it's not insane) it's at the bottom of my bra. (Obviously wave shrinkage less than curl or coil shrinkage)

Ah ok, i don't use styling products. I shampoo, condition, rinse, comb, scrunch a bit = curly hair. I sometimes use a spray that supposed to do something to my hair, i have no idea what it does as i can't see any difference but it smells lovely

Fair enough. With my hair if I don't style it, it's almost straight plus frizz. (I don't always bother styling - and I don't use heat - but it's night and day)"

My hair is naturally very curly, started wavy and getting curlier (ringlets) every year, no frizz unless i brush it, i use very cheap uncomplicated shampoo and conditioner. I think the only styling i could (try) to do is straighten it but i don't have straightners and i doubt it would stay straight for long, would take hours to do and no one would recognise me lol.

I'm always fascinated by what others do, i know i couldn't do it as I have a short concentration time lol.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I would like to try Olaplex as have read some good reviews but I wouldn’t know where to start.

Manchester (she/her)

Fair enough. With my hair if I don't style it, it's almost straight plus frizz. (I don't always bother styling - and I don't use heat - but it's night and day)

My hair is naturally very curly, started wavy and getting curlier (ringlets) every year, no frizz unless i brush it, i use very cheap uncomplicated shampoo and conditioner. I think the only styling i could (try) to do is straighten it but i don't have straightners and i doubt it would stay straight for long, would take hours to do and no one would recognise me lol.

I'm always fascinated by what others do, i know i couldn't do it as I have a short concentration time lol."

I'm in a difficult place with it because unless I heat style, I can either have fragile waves or look unkempt. I prefer the fragile waves, although I wish they would stick around.

I am all booked in for Thursday 15th, lashes, eye brows and nails. I look so uncared for. I'm useless without the professionals.

Going to keep up with this thread for tips!!

Manchester (she/her)

"I would like to try Olaplex as have read some good reviews but I wouldn’t know where to start. "

I haven't tried it, but maybe look into what you think your hair needs and start with cheaper alternatives to see what kind of difference it makes.

As someone looking to enhance my wave pattern, my recommendations are Cantu and Shea Moisture (the latter possibly a bit too heavy but workable watered down or sparingly). I know Olaplex do strengthening treatment, which overlaps with protein treatment

"

Mine has totally changed my hair. I love it. (I wasn't sure re type 4 hair - I stray into type 3 videos and I can adapt but type 4 is not for me )

With current wave shrinkage (I styled it today) mine is down to bra. When I brush it out (I usually do, lazy - I plait it so it's not insane) it's at the bottom of my bra. (Obviously wave shrinkage less than curl or coil shrinkage)"

That's so long now! Shrinkage is a real thing.

Yeah type 4 videos are... well definitely not your hair type nor adaptable to it. I only realised last month my hair isn't 4b, I've just not been looking after it properly. It's actually 3c. The next challenge will be wearing my hair natural when I see people and to socials.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Mine are painted on

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

"I would like to try Olaplex as have read some good reviews but I wouldn’t know where to start. "

I'm on my 2nd week of olaplex and it made a huge difference. I stayed simple and bought the shampoo conditioner and no6 leave in smoother

Manchester (she/her)

"

With current wave shrinkage (I styled it today) mine is down to bra. When I brush it out (I usually do, lazy - I plait it so it's not insane) it's at the bottom of my bra. (Obviously wave shrinkage less than curl or coil shrinkage)

That's so long now! Shrinkage is a real thing.

Yeah type 4 videos are... well definitely not your hair type nor adaptable to it. I only realised last month my hair isn't 4b, I've just not been looking after it properly. It's actually 3c. The next challenge will be wearing my hair natural when I see people and to socials. "

Haha no. Type 3 for me is, water it down and be gentle and it'll probably work I'm probably predominantly 2b, although I think I run from 2a to maybe optimistically 3a. But there's way less true type 2 information out there so I also use type 3.

I've had three inches off in 2020, trying to grow and minimise damage. That's been a process (particularly as I absolutely should not detangle wet).

Wear the hair! I'm trying to accept my hair as it is, neither gloriously sleek nor beautiful ringlets but... Beach babe I guess, which is not my aesthetic at all

What do the letters and numbers mean ?

Manchester (she/her)

"What do the letters and numbers mean ?"

1 is straight, 2 is wavy, 3 is curly, 4 is kinky/coily. a is more straight through to c is less straight. So 2a is just barely wavy and 2c is almost curly.

North West

"What do the letters and numbers mean ?

1 is straight, 2 is wavy, 3 is curly, 4 is kinky/coily. a is more straight through to c is less straight. So 2a is just barely wavy and 2c is almost curly."

What's "bird's nest crazy"?!

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

1 is straight, 2 is wavy, 3 is curly, 4 is kinky/coily. a is more straight through to c is less straight. So 2a is just barely wavy and 2c is almost curly.

What's "bird's nest crazy"?!"

that’s how I would describe my hair

Manchester (she/her)

What's "bird's nest crazy"?!"

Me when I don't style my hair

Your hair is too short for me to know for sure

What would ringlets be then 4c ?

Manchester (she/her)

"What would ringlets be then 4c ?"

Ringlets are probably some sort of type 3. I very occasionally get a few very large ringlets which are type 3a (I think).

Type 4 is Afro hair (exclusively, maybe, I'm not sure)

Manchester (she/her)

What's "bird's nest crazy"?! that’s how I would describe my hair "

Before I started doing a modified curly girl method (beware, rabbit hole) I would have said my hair was not completely straight but mostly defined by frizz.

"What would ringlets be then 4c ?

Ringlets are probably some sort of type 3. I very occasionally get a few very large ringlets which are type 3a (I think).

Type 4 is Afro hair (exclusively, maybe, I'm not sure)"

Yep, type 4 is Afro hair. 4c is incredibly tightly coiled hair that gets a lot of shrinkage and breaks easily.

Even on your head you might have a range of hair - at the front I'm 3c so very tight ringlets/almost coils and the back is 3b which is the looser ringlets/curls. The whole world of hair is fascinating but dealing with hair can be time consuming.

Type 4 is Afro hair (exclusively, maybe, I'm not sure)"

Thanks

Manchester (she/her)

Type 4 is Afro hair (exclusively, maybe, I'm not sure)

Yep, type 4 is Afro hair. 4c is incredibly tightly coiled hair that gets a lot of shrinkage and breaks easily.

Even on your head you might have a range of hair - at the front I'm 3c so very tight ringlets/almost coils and the back is 3b which is the looser ringlets/curls. The whole world of hair is fascinating but dealing with hair can be time consuming. "

It so is. I suspect when the outside world is a thing again, I'll be plait/bun except when going out. I think my hair is straight enough to take the brushing. And waves are fragile as I say - they fall out over the day. (I thought it was me being shit, but one of the wavy YouTubers I watch is the same, although she does refresh)

Manchester (she/her)

"Mine are painted on "

Do you cover your natural brows?

hiding from cock pics.

I'm very interested in the denman brush advice, I only have a once a week cowash day though, would it work with spray misting my hair to refresh each day, or would that make it frizzy?

I use a comb in the shower on wash day, apart from that I don't comb or brush it through as it makes frizz

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm very interested in the denman brush advice, I only have a once a week cowash day though, would it work with spray misting my hair to refresh each day, or would that make it frizzy?

I use a comb in the shower on wash day, apart from that I don't comb or brush it through as it makes frizz"

I'm speaking as an every other day washer (from sulfates to cowash). I think it does work with refresh, but if you can get away with once a week, it sounds like you've got very different hair to me. I'd check out Manes by Mell (with the usual caveat that bigger YouTubers get quite a bit of money trying to sell you stuff - look at techniques, not necessarily products) https://youtube.com/c/ManesByMellGuido

hiding from cock pics.

"I'm very interested in the denman brush advice, I only have a once a week cowash day though, would it work with spray misting my hair to refresh each day, or would that make it frizzy?

I use a comb in the shower on wash day, apart from that I don't comb or brush it through as it makes frizz

I'm speaking as an every other day washer (from sulfates to cowash). I think it does work with refresh, but if you can get away with once a week, it sounds like you've got very different hair to me. I'd check out Manes by Mell (with the usual caveat that bigger YouTubers get quite a bit of money trying to sell you stuff - look at techniques, not necessarily products) https://youtube.com/c/ManesByMellGuido "

Thank you I will do exactly that

I think, after googling hair types, that I'm somewhere between a 2c and 3a/3c, i can't decide which as the charts vary so much plus my curls/ringlets vary depending on the length of my hair.

I'm going to buy a D-3 Denman brush to see if it gives my hair more volume which it lacks when it's longer (it needs cutting).

I can't believe I've written this !!! I really need to stop shielding and venture out into the world

After reading this I'm so very glad it's all incredibly easy for me! A) make all my own stuff and B) do it only when something needs doing! Skin and hair is all lush!

I have an afro which makes hair care incredibly simple too ... very rarely wash it and have never used heat ever, never brushed or combed it in my life (break any comb and brushing leaves it so very big whereas I love curls!) I just oil it, finger comb it, shampoo it, whilst it's wet set curls with wax and then wrap in a towel to soak up excess water then style it and that's it ... drys naturally!!! If putting it up, no wax and can take up to 48 hours to dry ....when styling gets unruly I just put it up, though this can be fuzzy but now have this thing I use for buns which means a perfect bun everytime. And because my hair is washed with only very natural products, never been heated nor washed too often, never been brushed or combed = never had a split end and lovely condition though soft is a coarse afro! I love it ... never had a straight hair in my life

"After reading this I'm so very glad it's all incredibly easy for me! A) make all my own stuff and B) do it only when something needs doing! Skin and hair is all lush!

I have an afro which makes hair care incredibly simple too ... very rarely wash it and have never used heat ever, never brushed or combed it in my life (break any comb and brushing leaves it so very big whereas I love curls!) I just oil it, finger comb it, shampoo it, whilst it's wet set curls with wax and then wrap in a towel to soak up excess water then style it and that's it ... drys naturally!!! If putting it up, no wax and can take up to 48 hours to dry ....when styling gets unruly I just put it up, though this can be fuzzy but now have this thing I use for buns which means a perfect bun everytime. And because my hair is washed with only very natural products, never been heated nor washed too often, never been brushed or combed = never had a split end and lovely condition though soft is a coarse afro! I love it ... never had a straight hair in my life "

PS don't wear make up either so an all round simple girl

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

"I'm about to re-embrace my curls tonight, it's been a few weeks since those beauties framed my face. I've got to do a deep wash with some baby shampoo and then I'm slathering it in coconut oil. I never know how to style them though. "

There's a great Facebook group called sensible curls UK or something along those lines

"I think, after googling hair types, that I'm somewhere between a 2c and 3a/3c, i can't decide which as the charts vary so much plus my curls/ringlets vary depending on the length of my hair.

I'm going to buy a D-3 Denman brush to see if it gives my hair more volume which it lacks when it's longer (it needs cutting).

I can't believe I've written this !!! I really need to stop shielding and venture out into the world "

So i got a Denman brush, the correct one for my hair type but so far all it's done is make my hair frizzy

I always used a comb before, only used it on wet hair, it was rarely frizzy, i only used a product on my hair because i liked the smell lol, it didn't really alter my hair. The brush might be better when I've been able to get it cut but will try again today

I’ve started using Korres goodies.....bath, body and skin care; I love everything.

Getting my nails and eyelashes tinted on Wednesday and I can’t wait!!

Manchester (she/her)

"I think, after googling hair types, that I'm somewhere between a 2c and 3a/3c, i can't decide which as the charts vary so much plus my curls/ringlets vary depending on the length of my hair.

I can't believe I've written this !!! I really need to stop shielding and venture out into the world

So i got a Denman brush, the correct one for my hair type but so far all it's done is make my hair frizzy

I always used a comb before, only used it on wet hair, it was rarely frizzy, i only used a product on my hair because i liked the smell lol, it didn't really alter my hair. The brush might be better when I've been able to get it cut but will try again today "

Have a look at this lady. She has a more convoluted technique (I do a variation on it) but it'll show you when to use it.

https://youtu.be/P2r4EhEOz64

I suspect it's not likely, because you've got curly hair, but you might need to modify the brush. You can pull the coloured rubber bit out and remove rows. As someone with wavy hair, I use four rather than the original seven, because I need bigger clumps for my hair type

"Painted eyebrows? No eyebrows?

Hair, skin, makeup - what's doing? Products, techniques, advice?"

I’m the proud owner of a completely natural pair of Spock style eyebrows which once seen are hard to forget!!!!

T

Manchester (she/her)

"After reading this I'm so very glad it's all incredibly easy for me! A) make all my own stuff and B) do it only when something needs doing! Skin and hair is all lush!

I have an afro which makes hair care incredibly simple too ... very rarely wash it and have never used heat ever, never brushed or combed it in my life (break any comb and brushing leaves it so very big whereas I love curls!) I just oil it, finger comb it, shampoo it, whilst it's wet set curls with wax and then wrap in a towel to soak up excess water then style it and that's it ... drys naturally!!! If putting it up, no wax and can take up to 48 hours to dry ....when styling gets unruly I just put it up, though this can be fuzzy but now have this thing I use for buns which means a perfect bun everytime. And because my hair is washed with only very natural products, never been heated nor washed too often, never been brushed or combed = never had a split end and lovely condition though soft is a coarse afro! I love it ... never had a straight hair in my life

PS don't wear make up either so an all round simple girl "

I had an uphill battle with a lot of things - one of the reasons I share. I was a very late adopter of makeup (always wanted to - obviously no one has to) and am only just beginning to understand my hair.

I find once I know, I no longer find it difficult, frustrating, etc - and I can love myself as I am. I want that for more people.

Manchester (she/her)

"Painted eyebrows? No eyebrows?

Hair, skin, makeup - what's doing? Products, techniques, advice?

I’m the proud owner of a completely natural pair of Spock style eyebrows which once seen are hard to forget!!!!

T"

I always used a comb before, only used it on wet hair, it was rarely frizzy, i only used a product on my hair because i liked the smell lol, it didn't really alter my hair. The brush might be better when I've been able to get it cut but will try again today

Have a look at this lady. She has a more convoluted technique (I do a variation on it) but it'll show you when to use it.

I suspect it's not likely, because you've got curly hair, but you might need to modify the brush. You can pull the coloured rubber bit out and remove rows. As someone with wavy hair, I use four rather than the original seven, because I need bigger clumps for my hair type "

Thank you

I suspect it's not likely, because you've got curly hair, but you might need to modify the brush. You can pull the coloured rubber bit out and remove rows. As someone with wavy hair, I use four rather than the original seven, because I need bigger clumps for my hair type "

She spends so much time doing her hair plus so many different products on it !! I don't have that much time every day (i wash my hair every day).

I just shampoo and condition but tomorrow i will try using my brush more like she did and see what happens.

I know that once i have my hair cut it will look better because it's to long now.

Manchester (she/her)

Try using the brush in soaking wet hair

"Try using the brush in soaking wet hair"

I did lol

» Add a new message to this topic